Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line!

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line!

Saturday, February 12th, 2011 11:04PM CST

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 146,826

It's the figures we've been waiting for. Ever since the announcement of the latest Transformers cartoon, Transformers: Prime, the release of it's subsequent toy line garnered controversy as some believed that it was not going to happen. That's certainly not the case as the toys were revealed earlier this week. Now we've got up close images of Arcee, Starscream, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron and the kids! 31 images await you in the galleries!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for more 2011 Toy Fair coverage!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181548)
Posted by First-Aid on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:16pm CST
Loving this line! SHOW ME BULKHEAD!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181552)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:32pm CST
Still not liking this toyline. Arcee's starting to grow on me but the rest are just bad for one reason or another. Bumblebee it looks like they took the worst aspects of movie BB and Hotshot and tossed them together, Primes coloring is horrible as is his chest, Starscream has a nice head sculpt and coloring but the overall body structure is crap & you know hes going to fall over easy, and Megatron looks like gigantor with a puny arm gun. The only other character that might actually be a good toy is the Decepticon drones.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181556)
Posted by omega666 on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:39pm CST
I don't know. I think I will pass on these.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181561)
Posted by paul053 on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:51pm CST
Is Arcee miss transformed? She look way worse than the pictures we saw before.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181563)
Posted by TheDownshift on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:53pm CST
I'm liking this toyline. Most likey, I'll get every one at some point.

Also, in vehicle mode, Megatron is the DEFINITION of Show-Accurate. Seriously.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181567)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:58pm CST
Eh...I don't know...they aren't all that great to me.
So are these guys getting they're own toy line or what?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181568)
Posted by prmlove1 on February 13th, 2011 @ 12:00am CST
Prime looks a lot better although I was fairly certain he would be boxed with Megatron like they did with Animated. I am definitely getting it. I really like Bumble Bee but his figure gives me a Gen. 1 Jazz vibe. I could see him being repainted as Jazz also.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181580)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on February 13th, 2011 @ 12:20am CST
i might be starting a new tf collection this year. if they make cliffjumper, i might buy 2 and headswap with generations cliffjumper for my classics. also i hope the blades on arcee's arms can be removed and that 3 3/4 figures can fide her in bike mode much like animated oil slick
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181605)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:42am CST
Prime and Megatron lack their cmoplexity and awesomness you see on TV, but you don't really expect those designs to come out perfectly in real life. BB is decent, Arcee has too much kibble, and Starscream looks PERFECT. I don't even care for his design, but he's such a great character in this show I might get him
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181612)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 13th, 2011 @ 2:06am CST
Please tell me Megatron and Arcee are mistransformed... That kibble is horrendous.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181639)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on February 13th, 2011 @ 4:02am CST
All of them look great except for Starscream. Don't get me wrong, the toy looms good but Starscream's character model in Prime is far from my favorite interpretation of the character. So far, Arcee is my favorite... And her blades 'o death on each arm :)
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181659)
Posted by DMSL on February 13th, 2011 @ 5:47am CST
I like the figs from Transformers Prime. They all look good, but why are they all deluxe? Megs, Prime, Screamer and if they ever make him - Bulkhead should be voyager class. Then there's Prime......who the heck designed him, he looks nothing like he does in the cartoon, he reminds me of an activator in vehicle mode and a fast action battler in robot mode.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181679)
Posted by prowl123 on February 13th, 2011 @ 7:30am CST
Yes! Show me Soundwave!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181739)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on February 13th, 2011 @ 11:19am CST
Not sure about Prime or Megatron. I don't need another version of either, let alone another deluxe mold of either. Starscream is also a likely pass. I love how accurate he looks, I just don't care for the look of him. Bumblebee is also a maybe. Arcee looks great though. Fingers crossed on Bulkhead. Although Hasbro may choose to keep costs down and make all Prime toys deluxe molds...
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181777)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:12pm CST
Starscream and BB look okay, Arcee is a definite buy, but Prime and Megatron just look horrendous.

They really couldn't find a different way to transform those arms?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181778)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:14pm CST
Arcee, Starscream, and Megatron look good (Megatron especially). Prime and 'Bee, not so much. Waiting to see Bulkhead and Soundwave, but Starscream is a must for me and I might pick up Megatron if he gets a solo release.

Wonder if Skyquake is on the release list? I liked him and his giant gattling gun of doom in-show.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181840)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 13th, 2011 @ 4:42pm CST
Arcee and Bumblebee still look awesome. Starscream still looks ok, a little better though. Optimus looks much better! Not as much as I'd like, but it is a big improvement. And Megatron still looks good. The kids are still annoying, and I'll just be acting out scenes where the kids get crushed and impaled by Megatron and Starscream. I'll even make a stopmotion!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181847)
Posted by WarGraver on February 13th, 2011 @ 5:02pm CST
Bumblebee on the show looks like he should transform into a banana. I am actually a little disappointed that the toy loses that aspect.

Megatron would be good if not for his whack-a-mole head in vehicle mode.

A Soundwave toy could be good if his breast animal is included. Skyquake might also be good.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181849)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 13th, 2011 @ 5:10pm CST
BB's feet are lame but I could be willing to overlook that. I'll definitely be getting Starscream and Arcee, but I will likely pass on Prime & Megatron in hopes of better versions later on. Megatron is okay, but I don't like Prime much at all.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181894)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on February 13th, 2011 @ 7:31pm CST
Including the yet to be revealed Ratchet toy and Arcee toys I will not be getting many of the prime toys

P.S. you disappoint me again Stickscream.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Cybertron Mega Class Vector Prime w/Safeguard 2005 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 18 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters OPTIMUS PRIME Complete Leader Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 51 minutes 7 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Cybertron Mega Class Evac Complete 2005 - Time Remaining: 29 days 15 hours 6 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Action Figures Age of Extinction Autobot Drift Car Toy Figures NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 37 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations Voyager Class 2-in-1 Sky-Byte Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 23 minutes 4 seconds
KRE-O Transformers RID Sideswipe Roadway Rundown & Strongarm Capture Cruiser New - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 45 minutes 16 seconds
KRE-O Transformers Robots In Disguise Optimus Prime Beast Blaster Kreon RID New - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 49 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Cybertron C-21 Insecticon Drillnuts New Recolored Predicon Drillbit - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 41 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory