Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line!

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line!

Saturday, February 12th, 2011 11:04PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 138,286

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It's the figures we've been waiting for. Ever since the announcement of the latest Transformers cartoon, Transformers: Prime, the release of it's subsequent toy line garnered controversy as some believed that it was not going to happen. That's certainly not the case as the toys were revealed earlier this week. Now we've got up close images of Arcee, Starscream, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron and the kids! 31 images await you in the galleries!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Keep it at Seibertron.com for more 2011 Toy Fair coverage!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181548)
Posted by First-Aid on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:16pm CST
Loving this line! SHOW ME BULKHEAD!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181552)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:32pm CST
Still not liking this toyline. Arcee's starting to grow on me but the rest are just bad for one reason or another. Bumblebee it looks like they took the worst aspects of movie BB and Hotshot and tossed them together, Primes coloring is horrible as is his chest, Starscream has a nice head sculpt and coloring but the overall body structure is crap & you know hes going to fall over easy, and Megatron looks like gigantor with a puny arm gun. The only other character that might actually be a good toy is the Decepticon drones.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181556)
Posted by omega666 on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:39pm CST
I don't know. I think I will pass on these.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181561)
Posted by paul053 on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:51pm CST
Is Arcee miss transformed? She look way worse than the pictures we saw before.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181563)
Posted by TheDownshift on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:53pm CST
I'm liking this toyline. Most likey, I'll get every one at some point.

Also, in vehicle mode, Megatron is the DEFINITION of Show-Accurate. Seriously.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181567)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:58pm CST
Eh...I don't know...they aren't all that great to me.
So are these guys getting they're own toy line or what?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181568)
Posted by prmlove1 on February 13th, 2011 @ 12:00am CST
Prime looks a lot better although I was fairly certain he would be boxed with Megatron like they did with Animated. I am definitely getting it. I really like Bumble Bee but his figure gives me a Gen. 1 Jazz vibe. I could see him being repainted as Jazz also.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181580)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on February 13th, 2011 @ 12:20am CST
i might be starting a new tf collection this year. if they make cliffjumper, i might buy 2 and headswap with generations cliffjumper for my classics. also i hope the blades on arcee's arms can be removed and that 3 3/4 figures can fide her in bike mode much like animated oil slick
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181605)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:42am CST
Prime and Megatron lack their cmoplexity and awesomness you see on TV, but you don't really expect those designs to come out perfectly in real life. BB is decent, Arcee has too much kibble, and Starscream looks PERFECT. I don't even care for his design, but he's such a great character in this show I might get him
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181612)
Posted by Starscream GaGa on February 13th, 2011 @ 2:06am CST
Please tell me Megatron and Arcee are mistransformed... That kibble is horrendous.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181639)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on February 13th, 2011 @ 4:02am CST
All of them look great except for Starscream. Don't get me wrong, the toy looms good but Starscream's character model in Prime is far from my favorite interpretation of the character. So far, Arcee is my favorite... And her blades 'o death on each arm :)
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181659)
Posted by DMSL on February 13th, 2011 @ 5:47am CST
I like the figs from Transformers Prime. They all look good, but why are they all deluxe? Megs, Prime, Screamer and if they ever make him - Bulkhead should be voyager class. Then there's Prime......who the heck designed him, he looks nothing like he does in the cartoon, he reminds me of an activator in vehicle mode and a fast action battler in robot mode.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181679)
Posted by prowl123 on February 13th, 2011 @ 7:30am CST
Yes! Show me Soundwave!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181739)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on February 13th, 2011 @ 11:19am CST
Not sure about Prime or Megatron. I don't need another version of either, let alone another deluxe mold of either. Starscream is also a likely pass. I love how accurate he looks, I just don't care for the look of him. Bumblebee is also a maybe. Arcee looks great though. Fingers crossed on Bulkhead. Although Hasbro may choose to keep costs down and make all Prime toys deluxe molds...
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181777)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:12pm CST
Starscream and BB look okay, Arcee is a definite buy, but Prime and Megatron just look horrendous.

They really couldn't find a different way to transform those arms?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181778)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:14pm CST
Arcee, Starscream, and Megatron look good (Megatron especially). Prime and 'Bee, not so much. Waiting to see Bulkhead and Soundwave, but Starscream is a must for me and I might pick up Megatron if he gets a solo release.

Wonder if Skyquake is on the release list? I liked him and his giant gattling gun of doom in-show.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181840)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 13th, 2011 @ 4:42pm CST
Arcee and Bumblebee still look awesome. Starscream still looks ok, a little better though. Optimus looks much better! Not as much as I'd like, but it is a big improvement. And Megatron still looks good. The kids are still annoying, and I'll just be acting out scenes where the kids get crushed and impaled by Megatron and Starscream. I'll even make a stopmotion!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181847)
Posted by WarGraver on February 13th, 2011 @ 5:02pm CST
Bumblebee on the show looks like he should transform into a banana. I am actually a little disappointed that the toy loses that aspect.

Megatron would be good if not for his whack-a-mole head in vehicle mode.

A Soundwave toy could be good if his breast animal is included. Skyquake might also be good.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181849)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 13th, 2011 @ 5:10pm CST
BB's feet are lame but I could be willing to overlook that. I'll definitely be getting Starscream and Arcee, but I will likely pass on Prime & Megatron in hopes of better versions later on. Megatron is okay, but I don't like Prime much at all.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181894)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on February 13th, 2011 @ 7:31pm CST
Including the yet to be revealed Ratchet toy and Arcee toys I will not be getting many of the prime toys




P.S. you disappoint me again Stickscream.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181907)
Posted by El Duque on February 13th, 2011 @ 8:00pm CST
All will be mine.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181910)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 13th, 2011 @ 8:07pm CST
I haven't watched the TF Prime yet, so I've only these pics and the vidcaps of the show in my memory as a reference, but the toys looks pretty good IMO.

Arcee looks mistransformed, particularly in the arms.

BB's looking good, despite the large feet. In fact, I'm actually starting to like this version more than the Bayverse one.

Starscream is 100% bought on sight.

Prime's starting to grow on me, but I've never liked OP toys that have "fake" windscreens as chest-plates in bot mode.

Megs looks awesome, but the kibble right behind his head worries me. Hopefully it's just a case of mistransformation.

The kids...well, it's always nice to have some human figures as a reference point to bring out the implied size of giant robots.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181913)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 13th, 2011 @ 8:16pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I haven't watched the TF Prime yet, so I've only these pics and the vidcaps of the show in my memory as a reference, but the toys looks pretty good IMO.

Arcee looks mistransformed, particularly in the arms.

BB's looking good, despite the large feet. In fact, I'm actually starting to like this version more than the Bayverse one.

Starscream is 100% bought on sight.

Prime's starting to grow on me, but I've never liked OP toys that have "fake" windscreens as chest-plates in bot mode.

Megs looks awesome, but the kibble right behind his head worries me. Hopefully it's just a case of mistransformation.

The kids...well, it's always nice to have some human figures as a reference point to bring out the implied size of giant robots.


The show itself isn't bad. I watched the current episodes on Youtube and thought it was rather good once you get past the annoying squishies.

Arcee and Megatron are just mistransformed in these pictures. They're pretty much show-accurate when transformed correctly.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181977)
Posted by First-Aid on February 13th, 2011 @ 11:44pm CST
WarGraver wrote:Megatron would be good if not for his whack-a-mole head in vehicle mode.


I noticed that too. I wonder if it is mistransformed...remember those are "official" pictures...meaning PR department...meaning the two chimapanzees and a lemur...

WarGraver wrote:A Soundwave toy could be good if his breast animal is included. Skyquake might also be good.


Best phrase ever. Imma use it now.. 8)
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1181988)
Posted by WarGraver on February 14th, 2011 @ 12:21am CST
First-Aid wrote:
WarGraver wrote:A Soundwave toy could be good if his breast animal is included. Skyquake might also be good.


Best phrase ever. Imma use it now.. 8)


Yes, but it's an official term from an old line.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Breast_Animal
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182001)
Posted by First-Aid on February 14th, 2011 @ 1:07am CST
WarGraver wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
WarGraver wrote:A Soundwave toy could be good if his breast animal is included. Skyquake might also be good.


Best phrase ever. Imma use it now.. 8)


Yes, but it's an official term from an old line.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Breast_Animal


Point me in the right direction...I'm still gonna take it the wrong away! Mind-in-the-gutter FTW :twisted:
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182093)
Posted by Zeds on February 14th, 2011 @ 9:55am CST
Just me or are these and the DOTM toyline just looking cheaper and cheaper.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182138)
Posted by DMSL on February 14th, 2011 @ 11:52am CST
First-Aid wrote:I noticed that too. I wonder if it is mistransformed...remember those are "official" pictures...meaning PR department...meaning the two chimapanzees and a lemur...



:lol:
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182309)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 14th, 2011 @ 7:33pm CST
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I haven't watched the TF Prime yet, so I've only these pics and the vidcaps of the show in my memory as a reference, but the toys looks pretty good IMO.

Arcee looks mistransformed, particularly in the arms.

BB's looking good, despite the large feet. In fact, I'm actually starting to like this version more than the Bayverse one.

Starscream is 100% bought on sight.

Prime's starting to grow on me, but I've never liked OP toys that have "fake" windscreens as chest-plates in bot mode.

Megs looks awesome, but the kibble right behind his head worries me. Hopefully it's just a case of mistransformation.

The kids...well, it's always nice to have some human figures as a reference point to bring out the implied size of giant robots.


The show itself isn't bad. I watched the current episodes on Youtube and thought it was rather good once you get past the annoying squishies.

Arcee and Megatron are just mistransformed in these pictures. They're pretty much show-accurate when transformed correctly.


My local cable TV provider doesn't carry Hub, but maybe someone might upload some TF Prime episodes on youtube one of these days.

BTW, glad to know Arcee and Megs were just mistransformed. These two are back on my to-buy list, especially since they're affordable deluxes. OP's still in "wait and see" status.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182326)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 14th, 2011 @ 7:55pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I haven't watched the TF Prime yet, so I've only these pics and the vidcaps of the show in my memory as a reference, but the toys looks pretty good IMO.

Arcee looks mistransformed, particularly in the arms.

BB's looking good, despite the large feet. In fact, I'm actually starting to like this version more than the Bayverse one.

Starscream is 100% bought on sight.

Prime's starting to grow on me, but I've never liked OP toys that have "fake" windscreens as chest-plates in bot mode.

Megs looks awesome, but the kibble right behind his head worries me. Hopefully it's just a case of mistransformation.

The kids...well, it's always nice to have some human figures as a reference point to bring out the implied size of giant robots.


The show itself isn't bad. I watched the current episodes on Youtube and thought it was rather good once you get past the annoying squishies.

Arcee and Megatron are just mistransformed in these pictures. They're pretty much show-accurate when transformed correctly.


My local cable TV provider doesn't carry Hub, but maybe someone might upload some TF Prime episodes on youtube one of these days.

BTW, glad to know Arcee and Megs were just mistransformed. These two are back on my to-buy list, especially since they're affordable deluxes. OP's still in "wait and see" status.


They're already on Youtube acctually. I watched them there since I don't get Hub either.

The deluxe molds for Megatron and Optimus are probably going to be in a double pack with the annoying squishies, like the Animated "Battle Begins" pack. If that's the case, i'll be passing on it. If they get solo-releases however, i'll definitely be picking up Megatron.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182372)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 14th, 2011 @ 9:24pm CST
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:I haven't watched the TF Prime yet, so I've only these pics and the vidcaps of the show in my memory as a reference, but the toys looks pretty good IMO.

Arcee looks mistransformed, particularly in the arms.

BB's looking good, despite the large feet. In fact, I'm actually starting to like this version more than the Bayverse one.

Starscream is 100% bought on sight.

Prime's starting to grow on me, but I've never liked OP toys that have "fake" windscreens as chest-plates in bot mode.

Megs looks awesome, but the kibble right behind his head worries me. Hopefully it's just a case of mistransformation.

The kids...well, it's always nice to have some human figures as a reference point to bring out the implied size of giant robots.


The show itself isn't bad. I watched the current episodes on Youtube and thought it was rather good once you get past the annoying squishies.

Arcee and Megatron are just mistransformed in these pictures. They're pretty much show-accurate when transformed correctly.


My local cable TV provider doesn't carry Hub, but maybe someone might upload some TF Prime episodes on youtube one of these days.

BTW, glad to know Arcee and Megs were just mistransformed. These two are back on my to-buy list, especially since they're affordable deluxes. OP's still in "wait and see" status.


They're already on Youtube acctually. I watched them there since I don't get Hub either.

The deluxe molds for Megatron and Optimus are probably going to be in a double pack with the annoying squishies, like the Animated "Battle Begins" pack. If that's the case, i'll be passing on it. If they get solo-releases however, i'll definitely be picking up Megatron.


Thanks for the heads up on TF Prime being on Youtube, man.

As for the figs, I read from Counterpunch's "Thing I Learned at Toy Fair" thread that TF Prime is actually going to get its own line. I'll pass on OP and Megs to see if they're getting Voyagers in the toy line. Definitely getting Arcee and BB. Hoping SS gets his own voyager fig, but the deluxe looks pretty good, though.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182407)
Posted by First-Aid on February 14th, 2011 @ 10:44pm CST
I am REALLY hoping we're going to get more than just these figs for TF Prime. I really liked that Skyquake...overall I'm very pleased with this series. There is a LOT of potential with this series, I think...very similar to Beast Wars in the beginning.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182659)
Posted by money520 on February 15th, 2011 @ 5:14pm CST
Any idea when these are going to be released to buy them?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182687)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 15th, 2011 @ 6:13pm CST
money520 wrote:Any idea when these are going to be released to buy them?


If I recall correctly, it's October 2011, according to Wikipedia.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182899)
Posted by Jazz-1982 on February 16th, 2011 @ 8:44am CST
I have to say that if Hasbro are sensible and give Arcee a pink and white makeover and a remolded G1 like head in Generations/RTS then I'd buy it as it would be as close to a G1 representation of Arcee as we're ever going to get from HasTak.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1182938)
Posted by Ruthless Cynic on February 16th, 2011 @ 10:54am CST
CP, did they confirm to you that the MP Rodimus for the US would be trailor less and include Bolt?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1184350)
Posted by Skywarp64 on February 19th, 2011 @ 7:42pm CST
I'm SO getting Bumblebee when he comes out.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Transformers: Prime Toy Line! (1184352)
Posted by Skywarp64 on February 19th, 2011 @ 7:45pm CST
DMSL wrote:They all look good, but why are they all deluxe?


In my opinion, Deluxe is the best class. It's physically impossible to create a deluxe figure with a heavily complex transformation.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014