Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More

Saturday, February 12th, 2011 10:08PM CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Collectables, Event News, Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 140,343

We have a whole bunch of videos coming through from Seibertron.com staff members Seibertron and Counterpunch who are at Toy Fair 2011. We have a video of the toys that tie in with the Transformers: Prime cartoon:

A video of Optimus Prime's shiny alt mode for Dark Of The Moon:

A video of the new Ultimate Optimus Prime figure who can power up using his transformed trailer:

And a video of the Role Play, Robo Fighters and Bash Bots toys:

We get a look at the new Human Alliance figure Sandstorm:

In addition we get to see three new Leader class figures: Bumblebee, Ironhide and Sentinel Prime!

And some more Dark Of The Moon toys:

Some of the Dark Of The Moon deluxes:

Yet more of the DOTM Deluxes:

Some more Human Alliance figures, both repaints and new:

The giant-sized statue display for the new Kre-o toy line:

And the new Playskool figures featuring chunky versions of your G1 favourites:

Visit our Toy Forums to discuss all the latest news and watch this space for more videos and news! And if you prefer photos to videos check out our extensive gallery of Toy Fair 2011 images!
Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181513)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on February 12th, 2011 @ 10:16pm CST
Any revelation on the price-point for ultra Prime?
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181515)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 12th, 2011 @ 10:20pm CST
Lord Onixprime wrote:Any revelation on the price-point for ultra Prime?

• TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME Action Figure
(Approximate retail price: $79.99: Ages: 5 & up; Available: 8/1/2011)
With the upcoming TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON movie, one of the most iconic characters in the TRANSFORMERS lore will capture the spotlight as his heroic story becomes the focus of the first-ever 3D TRANSFORMERS movie. Now, an action figure befitting such an icon will be available with the new TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME action figure. The figure includes the AUTOBOT leader’s classic trailer that doubles as a weapons arsenal and is an integral part of the figure’s converting play pattern. The TRANSFORMERS MECHTECH ULTIMATE OPTIMUS PRIME figure features three modes of conversion – vehicle, robot, and robot with “mech suit.” –The trailer, which serves as a weapons depot and command center, also converts into a “mech suit” that OPTIMUS PRIME shows off when it’s time to rumble. Featuring lights, launching projectiles, electronic battle sounds and OPTIMUS PRIME phrases, this is the must-have item for kids and fans alike. 3 AA batteries included.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181531)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 12th, 2011 @ 10:50pm CST
I have to get that leader Ironhide! And Sentinel Prime is looking good too!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181533)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on February 12th, 2011 @ 10:56pm CST
The box says "Omega Combat armor." Throw in the mech tech points on the weapon modes of the basic HA figures, and I'm starting to think Omega Supreme could be a big Autobot combiner in this film, with Prime being the central point of combination.
Take of that speculation what you will.

Props to who posted images in the first revealed Ultimate Prime combined pictures mode thread, of the Gundam that had the wings pointing down...Totally saw the video here and was like, "wow, what a difference that makes." Still not very interested in it, but hey, at least I'm not so deterred by it anymore, lol.

Also, no alt-mode for Leader Ironhide? :? What gives?! lol.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181538)
Posted by optimusprime58316 on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:01pm CST
Hasbro better not charge an arm and a leg for him just because they brought the trailer back. The trailer came standard anyways 5 years ago until they got greedy. I hated all the not trailer years. he always felt incomplete to me.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181544)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:13pm CST
I told you guys we'd get a leader Ironhide! But you didn't believe me...HA! He looks so cool though. I gotta get him.
Leader Bumblebee...dammit I gotta get him too.
Sentinel Prime is already on my list.
Ultimate Prime looks even better here to me. I'll have to get him too.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181546)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on February 12th, 2011 @ 11:14pm CST
Whoever decided to make leader class Bumblebee and Ironhide should be fired. Megatron and Shockwave would actually make sense at that size.
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181606)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 13th, 2011 @ 1:45am CST
Do the bumblebees ever stop?! I mean, Ironhide as a leader-worthy design at least, but they even had ultimate Bumblebee and battle ops already!
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181630)
Posted by kookookajew on February 13th, 2011 @ 3:33am CST
:grin:
leader class ironhide ... FINALLY YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Ironhide got the size class he deserves :D
Sentinel prime.. deffinate buy.
Shockwave and megatron are definate too... just wish they were both Leaders :( ...

4 buys I'm excited about ... damn you hasbro for making me excited about movie figures haha.
I'll be sticking with my ROTF Leader prime .. For such a downgraded looking robot mode from the previous leader (understandably you're getting more figure and playability) .. its just not worth it. It looks like its gonna be a brick in that "mech suit" or whatever and quite frankly ... $80 for it? LOL .. oh hasbro .. you so hillarious ..

I just pray they dont jack up the prices in LC figures in this line D: ...
Re: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage: Videos of Prime and DOTM toys and More (1181634)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on February 13th, 2011 @ 3:48am CST
All of the Prime figures look great, DOTM Sentinel is awesome, voyager Megatron and Shock wave are so far my favorite and the best looking in my opinion, and I'm glad we got a better look at Ultimate Prime. It'll probably take a video reveiw to convince me to buy him, but so far I'm looking forward to him.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys