Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures

Saturday, February 11th, 2012 7:03PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 70,072

Hasbro has revealed their upcoming Transformers Fall of Cybertron Deluxe figures at Toy Fair 2012! Below you will find Jazz, Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and of course Bruticus! Click here or any of the images below for the full Toy Fair 2012 Fall of Cybertron gallery!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345915)
Posted by craggy on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:10pm CST
oooookay then!

First thoughts:

I've been saying "I don't need another Jazz" but damn, I want another Jazz. Yes please, sir!

Shockwave is good. Bought.

FOC is a prequel to Energon, the proof is in the pudding and Optimus ate it all! Now I really do wish they'd just rereleased the WFC one. Oh well, at least one toy I can skip.

Bruticus - Looking much nicer here in combined form. Not entirely sold on these, very different colours. The lime green on Onslaught is a bit strange, but I do like his base colour. Blast Off's new colour scheme isn't winning me over, but I wasn't a huge fan of the first look we got either. Shame, as it looks like a nice mold. Vortex looks better with no obvious gold/yellow on him. He's still very red, but at least he looks evil now. Brawl looks good, as does Swindle, but maybe a bit too bright a yellow?
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345917)
Posted by Gearslide on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:12pm CST
Now these are nice!

Jazz looks awesome. I just hope those aren't fake tires on his feet.

Shockwave is perfect, probably the closest to his character model out of all the WFC/FOC toys. I wonder if his cannon has to be held or can be attached to his forearm?

Optimus is Optimus. A Fist with wheels.

Bruticus seems to be in prototype stages? That may explain the zonky colors for Vortex, because none of them are painted properly yet. Also, his gun is massive and silly, and makes him look really lanky.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345918)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:14pm CST
all of them are nice. except prime. i dont like the CGI modle and i dont like the toy. but sadly i am buying just to complete the line. hope we get some FOC insecticons....
and FOC bruticus will be displayed as the individual robots. not combined because i dont like the combined form enough. jazz is awesome, i love me a new jazz, and im getting 3 shockwaves tops.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345919)
Posted by Galvatron X on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:16pm CST
Wow, man. That Jazz is friggin' sweet!

I'm liking that Shockwave too. I didn't realize there was a Shockwave (or Jazz!) toy upcoming for this line, so these are great surprises.

I'll definitely buy that Bruticus, but gahhhdamn does he look clunky.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345920)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:16pm CST
FansProject Bruticus is still the heavy weight champ! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345921)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:17pm CST
Hmmmmmm.

Shockwave is the only one with any appeal to me, if I must be honest.
I'll wait for finished painted pictures of Bruticus to decide on the five-set.

But nice job on the photos, as usual!
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345922)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:21pm CST
Alrighty!

Jazz - Looking awesome. They even got the wheels in his feet! I already have RTS Jazz, but I might pick him up anyways.

Shockwave - I've been wanting him since WFC, and they've delievered. He's perfect. Bought on sight.

Prime - Easy pass.

Bruticus - Dear Primus those arms hang low. His hand on Vortex is down at his knee! Unless they can compact more, the combined form is an a pass. Might still pick up Swindle and Brawl though.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345924)
Posted by RiddlerJ on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:22pm CST
When are these coming out, because I might just have to break into Hasbro tonight and grab Shockwave. :grin:
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345925)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CST
Shockwave has Animated Lockdown wrists....

......Please let it be a case of mistransformation...... Please.......
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345928)
Posted by Henry921 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:25pm CST
That Shockwave is easily the best individual deluxe of the bunch. Not sure it's as good as WFC Megatron's deluxe, but it'll look great commanding the other Decepticons! I can finally retire my Energon Shockblast and use this as my new current Shockwave figure!
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345929)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:26pm CST
Jazz in an easy pass for me. The colours just doesnt appeal to me.

Shockie is a must-buy. He looks awesome :D.

Optimus...I really really want to like this guy cause he looks like WFC version armored up and I think it's a nice concept but...He looks fat...The feet is too pointy(I hope there's a way to push it back just like the WFC ver)...I will reserve my judgement until I see him in-hand. Till then he stays on my list.

Bruticus...I'm sold ! I just hope they're all release in the same wave so I dont have to worry missing 1 or 2 figures of them @_@.

Cant wait for the Prime toys coverage :D. Keep it coming guys !
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345930)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:26pm CST
That Jazz is very appealing. The others? Not so much. That Optimus looks way too simple, especially compared to WFC Prime. And no Megatron or Grimlock? Bruticus and Shockwave are OK, might get the Shockwave if it impresses me in-hand. The Combaticons' art looked much better than the actual figures.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345931)
Posted by Galvatron X on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:29pm CST
I just noticed that it looks like Shockwave's gun in robot mode integrates right into the alt mode (rather than sit on top with a peg or something...). That's cool!
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345932)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:29pm CST
Yeah, maybe it's a lighting thing, but those colors just scream "G2 Bruticus".

And it's weirding me out, because I had the G2 Combaticons back in '94, and used them to represent the pre-Earth Combaticons, because that was the only way I could rationalize the nutty colors. I mean, I was sold on this Bruticus the moment I saw those leaked Game Informer pics, but this is somehow just...eerie.

Hoping the final product looks a bit different too. Could it be that Blackout has permanently stolen Vortex's color scheme? The curse of Energon indeed.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345934)
Posted by chubi316 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:32pm CST
shockwave = awesome
optimus prime = good
bruticus = looks nice
jazz = great. except for the FAKE wheels on his feet
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345936)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:35pm CST
chubi316 wrote:shockwave = awesome
optimus prime = good
bruticus = looks nice
jazz = great. except for the FAKE wheels on his feet

Fake or not, the wheel-feet are accurate to his game model.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345937)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:37pm CST
Gearslide wrote:Jazz looks awesome. I just hope those aren't fake tires on his feet.

I think they are. You can see the front wheels on the sides of his chest and the rear wheels are obviously on his arms.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345939)
Posted by chubi316 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:37pm CST
good point. the robot and alternate mode is game accurate
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345944)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:45pm CST
Combined Bruticus will never grace my shelves .

Wouldnt mind seeing a retool of Jazz into Breakdown.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Fall of Cybertron Figures (1345949)
Posted by quickmixed on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:51pm CST
A pass on Prime, but everything else here is a definite buy. FOC Jazz looks sweet. Cant wait for this line!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Universe Voyager Class Leo Prime Action Figure 25 yr Target Ex - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 9 minutes 25 seconds
AUTOBOT ARCEE #21 Transformers Generations  2014 IDW Comic Series Action Figure - Time Remaining: 29 days 18 hours 44 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Warbotron WB03 Combiner WB03-D Double Strike G1 Strafe (USA Seller) - Time Remaining: 8 days 2 hours 2 minutes 12 seconds
ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Class 2015 - Time Remaining: 8 days 19 hours 19 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers G1/G2 SNIPE Afterburner Skyscorchers Decepticon Robot Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 4 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS SKY REIGN SET OF 5 DELUXE WAVE 6 MOC - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 5 minutes 22 seconds
transformers masterpiece MP-12 SIDESWIPE,14 RED ALERT bumblebee mp-21 figure LOT - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 50 minutes 43 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Adventure TAV-15 Lockdown Animated - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 hours 36 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016