Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers

Saturday, February 11th, 2012 7:55PM CST

Categories: Event News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,082

It looks like Hasbro has big plans for the Transformers Kre-O line in 2012. We got a great look the upcoming Kre-O Devastator set, which is comprised of four individual construction vehicles/robots that can be reassembled in the mighty Devastator! The figures come in movie universe colors, but the bots and combined form feature more G1 styled heads. The set also comes with a construction environment and several Kreons including a tiny Devastator. Also on display were a Wheeljack vs. Knockout set, Optimus Prime vs. Megatron set, and Vortex. Click here for the full gallery or any of the images below.

Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1345957)
Posted by Erailea on February 11th, 2012 @ 7:59pm CST
Ick! They look terrible :/

I take it back, the Megatron one looks pretty awesome. And Knockout looks pretty cool... only as a head mold, the rest... not so much.

Just sell the Kreon's Hasbro! You'd make so much monies~!
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1345962)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:06pm CST
Thoughts on each set :-

1) Wheeljack vs Knockout : Lame. The design are far worse than basic bumblebee for christ sake...

2) Vortex : Too much colour for my taste. He look as if he consumed other Kre-Os in order to form his body @_@...

3) Optimus vs Megs : Megs looks okay but Optimus!? Seriously I thought they said "G1" not "Movieverse" !!! Argh I'm frickin pissed...I was really looking forward owning both G1 Optimus and G1 Megs...Instead they give us this BS Prime...

4) Devastator : Awesome ! The fact that Dev can stand straight already make me sold :D. I just wanna know one thing...how much does he cost...If he doesnt cost as much as Optimus(The huge one) then I'm sold.

EDITED : Kay I found out that Dev have 560 pieces...Looks like he might be more expensive than Prime...I'm so screwed >.>...
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1345967)
Posted by craggy on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:16pm CST
yeah, Kreons are the only redeeming thing about these for me. I do sort of like, in a perverse way, how Wheeljack looks like a Seacon.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1345968)
Posted by DrLegend on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:16pm CST
Devastator now = Must buy.

Optimus and Megs, not so much. I too was hoping for a G1-eque rendition but sadly we're skunked again. This could be due to the fact that those cab styles are rarely seen on the road and doesn't resonate with today's 'Former fan but damnit, Optimus Prime is timeless!
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1345974)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CST
DrLegend wrote:Devastator now = Must buy.

I hear ya man...Btw I think this Prime is a combi of Prime and movieverse. The chest,the wheel placement and the smokestack seems like from TF Prime while the feet and kneepad looks like the movieverse. But still a dissapointment...Oh well more money to save up to buy Bruticus and Dev.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1345975)
Posted by TFIta369 on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:25pm CST
The problem with last year´s Kre-o was that, no matter the size, every character had the same size head, and they felt kinda "resiny" like, I hope they fixed those problems, especially the size part.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1345991)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 11th, 2012 @ 8:47pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346026)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on February 11th, 2012 @ 9:35pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:KRE-O stuff is always horrid. Seriously I CANNOT understand why you guys go for this. Regardless, KRE-O Devastator still looks better than FoC Bruticus.

In my case I like Kre-O because I can feel like I'm creating a TF instead of just having an already perfected TF that you can just transform. Sure you can say that I should just go buy DMK Optimus but too bad for me he's way too expensive for my current budget. Again just explaining not hating.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346042)
Posted by starscream2222 on February 11th, 2012 @ 9:50pm CST
Anyone else notice the G1 1985 sticker on devys right arm ? :P
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346063)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 11th, 2012 @ 10:25pm CST
so kreo is not dead? most of the stores near me dont even have a spot for them anymore not even in the clearance sections. The megatron doesnt look to bad but i just dont like kreo, if i want to play with legos ill go buy legos.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346069)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 11th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CST
I like the Devastator set. It looks kinda fun.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346073)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 11th, 2012 @ 11:02pm CST
I love how Devastator comes with so much stuff to smash... and absorb.
So many possibilities with the Constructicons. You could try making Movie/Animated Constructicons or RiD Build Team, or make two mini-Devastators out of two Cons each, or so much other stuff.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346105)
Posted by God Magnus on February 12th, 2012 @ 12:06am CST
I'm so excited for that Wheeljack Kreon! The Devastator set looks cool and the Megatron gun the Devastator Kreon is holding is exciting, but the Kreon selection in that set is awful. I mean, Devastator, Ironhide, and FOUR humans? That's just crap. They could have at least done three bots and three humans.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346122)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 12th, 2012 @ 12:57am CST
CrimsonPrime wrote:People have their own taste. To you it might look horrid but to others such as me we see potential and beauty in these Kre-Os. I mean I also dont get why people like Kreons, why do people like robot heroes and why do people buy toys that are clearly too expensive such as the Hercules set. Truth be told we can never understand the logic behind the things we hate but others love.
Granted I regret buying Hercules after the shoulder connections broke. Though this isn't as common as I would have expected, apparently I'm the only person who ever transformed it back from it's combined mode more than once. :roll:

As for KRE-O. Look, I love Legos. I grew up with them and enjoyed them even more than Transformers for a time. But Legos are too time consuming and costly for me. If I were to buy some KRE-O, it would be for nothing more than the heads. Then I'd have to sit down and figure out how to completely redesign the thing. Thing is, even though that's fun to a degree, Hasbro certainly has bad engineers if they couldn't get it right in the first place. I just don't feel like giving them the money for sub-par work. I'd rather buy some actual Legos.
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346163)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on February 12th, 2012 @ 5:42am CST
Im seriously more excited for the Star Trek Kreo than these... :roll:

http://www.startrek.com/article/hasbro- ... ys-in-2013
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346190)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on February 12th, 2012 @ 8:45am CST
Vicalliose wrote:

I 100% agree with you on the fact that it takes quite a time to unbuild and rebuild it again. That's why I only bought the small ones xP(Jazz and Basic Optimus). Though I did buy the huge bee just to see the detailing but damn it's a pain to unbuild and rebuild him >.>...I dont even play with him anymore and just simply display him on my shelf ~_~...

I suppose yeah I can see why you rather buy Legos than these guys. The only reason I buy more of these guys than legos is because Lego lacks robots XD.

PS : Lol Herc is that easy to break XD!? Btw nice to know you arent one of those people where when they get replied with an advice and then lashes out on the next reply X_X...Seriously sick of those people >.>...
Re: Toy Fair 2012 Coverage - Kre-O Transformers (1346554)
Posted by Blurrz on February 12th, 2012 @ 11:19pm CST