Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video

Saturday, February 9th, 2013 6:49PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,777

Today's biggest reveal came in the form of Titan Class Metroplex. The figure stands over two feet tall, has all three original modes, will feature light and sound, and comes with Legends Class Scamper. He was only displayed in robot and carrier modes in the showroom, but his city mode was shown during the panel, it's very reminiscent of his G1 city mode. They estimate the price point at $125.00. Click here for our full gallery.

Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex

Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex

Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex

Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462639)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 9th, 2013 @ 6:55pm CST
Scamper? Where was he in the images?

I still find it hilarious that there's a little Optimus Prime in the command center in all three modes. I can't wait to pick him up!

Hasbro, don't pull an MP10 and have poor distribution. :-x
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462640)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 9th, 2013 @ 6:56pm CST
WOAH. :BOWDOWN:
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462647)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:00pm CST
okay, wow. in the command centre windows, on the right...is that Arcee?
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462654)
Posted by Skyfire77 on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:04pm CST
craggy wrote:okay, wow. in the command centre windows, on the right...is that Arcee?

Looks like it.

Also:

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462674)
Posted by wolverinetodd on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:23pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462677)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:26pm CST
wolverinetodd wrote:If this new Metroplex stands 2 ft tall whereas the original Fortress Maximus also stood 2 ft tall, then are we to believe that if HasTak releases an updated Fortress Maximus, will it be 3-4 ft tall? Here's hoping.

G1 Fortress Maximus is 22''. Metroplex here is 24'', and is now the current holder of the "Biggest Transformer Toy". I don't think they'll do a Fortress Maximus, but if they do, I'd say he would be just as tall as Metroplex.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462681)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:29pm CST
glad they released this info before I went and bought the encore Fort Max. Now I can have the actual biggest transformer of all time at half the price of the old one. Kabaya mini-Max will work fine for me, since I'm a comics fan, at least til we get a nice Voyager-leader scaled one sometime down the road, and a Scorponok to go with him, I hope!

Metroplex was the first big TF I had as a kid as well, so this is extra cool for me. Looks like we get both modes from the G1 toy, sadly looks like the head is stuck out there in all modes though. Liked that dynamic little head reveal the original had going on.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462683)
Posted by LiKwid on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:32pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Scamper? Where was he in the images?

Hasbro, don't pull an MP10 and have poor distribution. :-x

Depends on who is gonna carry it really.. Wal mart and target in my area have not restocked their transformers section in 2 months.. TRU seems to follow suit. I can't imagine Wal mart or target carrying something this massive on their shelves..Maybe TRU
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462692)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:40pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462696)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:42pm CST
craggy wrote:TRU and/or web exclusive, I'd guess. I really hope they do sell it on the web, and through other e-shops than their own non-UK shipping one. I'd rather not have to gamble that Hasbro UK can even spell Metroplex let alone stock him.

I don't think they'll pull an exclusive on this. There has been no word about it being an exclusive (regrettably, I'm sticking a "yet" here), so I'm still on the theory it will be available to other retailers.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462697)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:44pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

I think it will be too. I'm betting it will come out around Christmas season when big ticket items like this tend to sell best and that it will be available in all the stores.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462699)
Posted by Trikeboy on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:44pm CST
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith in Hasbro restoring. It looks nothing like FOC Metroplex and i love it for that. It is a true G1 update for the Classics line. This and Voyager triple changers and I'm in love.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462700)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CST
collectors item if i ever saw one. i am getting three of them
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462703)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 7:51pm CST
Trikeboy wrote:HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still want an FoC Metroplex, but I'm getting this one too (or Takara's at least). This one will be for my CHUG shelf, if ever a FoC Metroplex is created by Has/Tak or a 3rd party, it will go on my WfC/FoC shelf next to Genesis.

I hope they do the Metrotitan repaint (though it may be an eHobby exclusive) and I also hope that they do an updated Scorponok and Trypticon.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462720)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 9th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CST
Finally! A scale he deserves. I 2nd xyl360, hopefully the Tomy version won't be that expensive.......saving for that.

Looks awesomesauce! 2ft tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462725)
Posted by RodimalToyota on February 9th, 2013 @ 8:21pm CST
I'm hearing that this guy has Articulated Hands ala Unicron.
Hasbro just shot full net from half court. Holy crap is that awesome!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462743)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 9th, 2013 @ 8:36pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462745)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 9th, 2013 @ 8:38pm CST
Supreme Convoy wrote:I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT

Get ready to crap yourself, clearer images await, plus an image of the enigmatic base mode!

Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462747)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 8:38pm CST

So, do you want it :P?
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Coverage: Transformers Titan Class Metroplex Gallery and Video (1462768)
Posted by Rated X on February 9th, 2013 @ 8:54pm CST
This is going to be a very expensive year with everyones various offerings. Now comes the ultimite decision. Jump on the Hasbro pre-orders or wait for the inevitable Takara versions that might be even better with the paint apps. :D

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers ROTF Human Alliance Bumblebee Figure and Sam New with Box - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 59 minutes 7 seconds
For Hasbro Transformers BW raid Platinum Edition Optimus Prime captain orangutan - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 30 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers G1 Combaticons BRUTICUS Vintage 1986 Original 100% Complete! NR! - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 45 minutes 21 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 GEN 1 ORIGINAL DECEPTICON CYCLONUS FIGURE WITH GUN - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 45 minutes 58 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 ORIGINAL HEADMASTER WEIRDWOLF FIGURE NEAR COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 6 minutes 1 second
Vintage Complete 1984 G1 Transformers Blaster w/ Instruction Booklet & Gun Nice! - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 45 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers G1 Vintage 1984 LOT Cassettes 100% Complete! Frenzy, Ravage... NR! - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 30 minutes 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ALTERNATORS CHEVROLET CORVETTE BATTLE RAVAGE ACTION FIGURE-MIB 2004 - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 32 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive