Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing

Saturday, February 9th, 2013 3:51PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 30,034

Coverage of Toy Fair continues on Seibertron.com! as we see our first image of Generations voyager class Springer and Blitzwing! As usual this image is to whet your appetite as full galleries will appear later this evening to give you the best gallery possible. Keep checking back for updates!

Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing
Credit(s): Seibertron El Duque
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462423)
Posted by Mkall on February 9th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CST
I think I will finally be replacing my FP Defender with a proper Springer! This one looks darn cool.

Blitzwing is great!
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462426)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 9th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CST
Blitzwing seems to be lacking his trademark tank cannon behind his head. It's still a buy.

Springer... no words can describe how happy I am. All I can say is now I regret buying the GDO Springer.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462428)
Posted by Rhinox23 on February 9th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CST
Wow! Springer looks better than I'd expected! This may be his best incarnation yet! Definitely excited these guys are finally getting the treatment they deserve. Again, this still gives me hope of seeing the Dinobots all get voyager treatment! :grin:
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462435)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:00pm CST
Is Blitzwing's nosecone sticking out the back of his head a la the original G1 seeker molds?
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462436)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CST
oh,.....my.....god. they are perfect.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462440)
Posted by Rated X on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CST
It's about freaking time on that Blitzwing !!! Glad to see theyre really G1 looking and not so FOC. Not thrilled about the voyager size though. I hope it's a small voyager that scales with Astrotrain. :D
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462445)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:03pm CST
Rated X wrote:It's about freaking time on that Blitzwing !!! Glad to see theyre really G1 looking and not so FOC. :D

Yeah, I just wish Blitzwing didn't have a TF:Animated face :(.

Paging Dr Wu, Dr Wu to the operating room please ;).
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462447)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CST
Damn, Springer there looks like a really good mold. I'll be buying that sight :D. Blitzwing looks great to, good to see he finally got a Generations/ Classic-verse update
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462448)
Posted by warzon3 on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CST
rotating face on Blitzwing...is that confirmed?
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462456)
Posted by MarkNL on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:07pm CST
Th-th-th... Th-th-that i-i-is a-awesome..!! :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
Must.. have... all! But I fear these will never come to the Netherlands as always. Ah well, internet is the key to everything.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462457)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:07pm CST

Blitzwing not so much. Neither mode works well for me. At least the G1 was a nice tank. This one has a boxier jet mode and that tank looks pretty horrible. Like Universe Galvatron had a baby and beat him with the ugly stick. Even the robot mode doesn't do it for me. Do like the weapon they've included and the robot's whole upper torso, but the arms look stumpy and the legs look weird. Maybe more pics will impress me, but right now I'm not keen on him.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462461)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:10pm CST
warzon3 wrote:rotating face on Blitzwing...is that confirmed?

Based on looking at a pic of him on another website, I am led to believe so. I could be wrong however.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462465)
Posted by frogbat on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:11pm CST
*siiiiighgh* I need a new job to afford all this goodness. I think I might skip on predaking, and refocus my collecting on generations.... I too hope that blitzwing has a normal face but I'll get him just the same. Springer looks awesome, here's hoping for a sandstorm and a broadside down the line. Springer and blitzwing seem more successful than generations astrotrain and octane
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462474)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:16pm CST
craggy wrote:Springer is great. I was okay with the GDO one, but really glad this one has come along to replace him with some true triple-changing goodness. Head-sculpt and robot mode are darn nice, and I like the colours and vehicle modes much more than FPs offering. Some stuff that could be tidied up to improve it, but for retail Voyager pricing I'm very happy with this.

Well, in defense of the figure, Toy Fair does have a reputation of transforming Transformers figures in the derpiest way possible. Just look at Beast Hunters larger-scale Optimus figure that was just uploaded not to long ago.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462477)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:16pm CST
Wow Hasbro. Redemption!
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462484)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:23pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

yeah, I'm hoping for some of that with this guy. If the robot mode is close enough to what I'd like, and one of the alt modes looks decent I'll be happy with him.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462495)
Posted by joeformer on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CST
These idw versions look amazing. Now they need to make a set of mini figures of the humans from the idw comics, like spike and company. are you listening dr wu lol or hasbro. :grin:
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462497)
Posted by CBratetron on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:32pm CST
I like Springer in robot mode, looks almost Animated. Alt modes, not so much but at least it has learned a thing or two from Warbot Defender with it's shifting shoulders and legs turning inside out to form the tail.

Might stay away from Blitzwing though. Tank mode is fine but the parts that make him a good tank also make him a brick with wings and a brick with legs in his other modes.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462509)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:40pm CST
These are mint , love springers weapons and he looks quite tall , Blitzwing oh blitzwing thank you hasbro for finally giving us this figure and in voyager shame about the animated face.
Re: Toy Fair 2013: Generations Voyager Figures Springer and Blitzwing (1462510)
Posted by RAcast on February 9th, 2013 @ 4:41pm CST