Transformers News: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins!  Product Announcement Presentation Coverage

Saturday, February 9th, 2013 1:23PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 51,037

2013 Toy Fair is in full force and Seibertron.com is on site! We have a breakdown of the product highlights from Hasbro with tons of pictures yet to come! It will be a big year for the Transformers brand with a multitude of new lines, figures and products. Seibertron and El_Duque are on site covering it all! Continuous coverage all day with extensive galleries to come! SO STAY TUNED!

Mike Vogel from Hasbro Studios had first presentation.

Princess Twilight Sparkle
Lot more episodes

Transformers Presentation
Joshua Lamb and Jerry Jivoin

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters
--------------------------------------------------
Transformers Beast Hunters is next big phase for brand
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters comic from IDW
Showed us a clip from Beast Hunters that featured Predaking
Showed us Voyager Optimus and Predaking

Cyberverse
Legion class Soundwave
Legion class Prowl (Smokescreen repaint)
Legion class Hun-Gurrr
Commander Class Starscream w/ Thunder Talon weapon
Commander Class Shockwave with hyperflux cannon

Deluxe Dreadwing w/ Dread Assault Cannon
Deluxe Ratchet w/ Dragon Grinder Drill
Deluxe Skystalker w/ crystrike disc launchers (blue dragon)

Voyager Shockwave w/ hyperflux cannon (has removable armor ... wave 2)
Voyager Ultra Magnus (Optimus Prime remold) with forge of Solus Prime
Voyager Grimwing w/ blackbeak (bear/falcon mythical creature ... an Ursagriff? Green)

Beast Hunter Optimus Prime w/ spinning dragon cannons
Leader Class or Supreme class size
5-head dragon cannons
light-up head/chest
upgraded vehicle/robot modes
beast hunting sword/shield

Beast Hunter Predaking
Leader Class or Supreme class size ... this is what they showed us at NYCC 2012 in dragon mode
Light-up fire breath
snapping dragon bite
2 detachable missile launchers
tail becomes sword
21" wingspan

Transformers Bot Shots
--------------------------------------------------
New Bot Shots
Beast Hunters invades Bot Shots
Bot Shots Beast Battling

Transformers Construct-bots
--------------------------------------------------
Revolutionizing the action figure experience
Scout Class Ironhide (entry level price around $9.99)
Scout Class Starscream
Elite Class Wheeljack
Elite Class Soundwave
Triple Changers Bumblebee (jet, car, robot)
Triple Changers Blitzwing (Ironhide head reuse)
Ultimate Set Optimus Prime vs Megatron (come with projectile weapons, same with Triple Changers ... 135 pieces, comes with 2 storage containers)
Reusable storage trays, red and purple, full-color instruction book

Rescue Bots Energize
--------------------------------------------------

Transformers Generations
--------------------------------------------------
1984 - 30th Anniversary of Transformers in 2014
Full Generations line celebrating 30th annivesary
Showed us 30th anniversary logo which will start showing up on products in the Fall
Worked with IDW to have a cohesive look between the characters and the comics
Spotlight comics to be paired with a toy
Bumblebee with Comic Book
IDW Megatron with Comic Book looks badass
Trailcutter with comic book
Deluxe Class Orion Pax w/ Comic Book
Optimus Prime w/ Roller
Bumblebee w/ Blazemaster
Voyager Springer (looks like a good helicopter mode, a good vehicle mode and a solid robot mode, WAVE 3.0)
Voyager Blitzwing (these are not bullshit triplechanger modes ... each mode looks awesome, Blitzwing done right!, WAVE 3.0)

Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus (Optimus Prime remold)
2 pack of Grimlock vs Bruticus (Grimlock will have vac-metalized plating)

Transformers Masterpiece
--------------------------------------------------
Masterpiece Acid Storm
Masterpiece Soundwave with all 5 Cassette Minions (Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, Buzzsaw, and Laserbeak)

The next BIG thing from Transformers ...
--------------------------------------------------
Celebrating 30th anniversary
TITAN CLASS
Titan Class METROPLEX
24" tall
Looks really awesome, massive, they did him right!
Titan triple changer with Legends scale Metroplex
Light up eyes
flip down visor
articulated pupils
independent cannons
head converts to gunner turret
sounds and phrases
fashionable and functional helmet
Fall 2013
Estimated around $125
Package is on display

Transformers Kre-O
--------------------------------------------------
Transformers, G.I. Joe and Star Trek Kre-O lines
Micro-Changers
Combiners
and classic brick building
Micro Changers Blot, Bombshell, Groove, Arcee, Powerglide, Scourge, Vehicle, Lugnut, Perceptor, Hoist, Beachcomber, Kickback, Guzzle, Huffer, Long Haul, Nemesis Prime, Cheetor, Thrust, Ramjet, seawing, Nosecone, Sharkticon (and a couple others that I missed while they were going through slides fast)
7 total Combiners (new ones are Defensor, Piranacon, and Abominus)
New Autobot Command center, first ever Kre-O Transformers playset
New Kreon figure assortment with collectable special effect pieces, impressive weapons and accessories: Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Starscream, Soundwave and Megatron[/quote]
Credit(s): Seibertron, El_Duque, Toy Fair 2013
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462327)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:28pm CST
Holy freakin' cow! 24" Metroplex? I...want one, but don't know where I can fit it! :o

Generations sounds like it's going to be amazing. I thought Beast Hunters was going to be a lull but there will be plenty of 30th Anniversary stuff to keep me going.

Can't wait to see some pics!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462328)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:28pm CST
Nothing for Beast Wars, but perhaps (hopefully) we'll get something in 2016 for the 20th anniversary. A bot can hope can he not?
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462329)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CST
This sounds... promising. And by promising I mean HOLY SLAG!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462331)
Posted by featofstrength on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CST
metroplex, springer, blitzwing, and trailcutter...im set for 2013!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462332)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CST
if they're only going to use the Spotlight comic issues to pack in with characters, it does narrow down the list of potentials. Admittedly, they can always make more, but right now, out of the list, I'd have to think Arcee might finally get a proper figure.

Metroplex sounds a bit crazy. Glad to hear it's Blitzwing and not Astrotrain as previously rumoured. Maybe we'll get lucky and get both. Looking forward to pics of this lot.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462333)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CST
Mkall wrote:Metroplex, Blitzwing, Trailblazer (I refuse to call him Trailcutter)... and those are the ones that they SHOWED us.

This is going to be a good year I think.

You mean Trailbreaker, right?
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462335)
Posted by Bounti76 on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:34pm CST
That Metroplex has me weak..in the best possible way...

I hope the full Generations line for the 30th means some proper/official G1 fembots!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462336)
Posted by Rhinox23 on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:36pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462337)
Posted by Razama on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:36pm CST
FInally some stuff to get excited about!!! Its been a while hasbro!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462340)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CST
Rhinox23 wrote:This is pretty exciting! FOC Metroplex sounds great and I'm really surprised that this is actually going to happen. I'm also looking forward to a Beast Hunters comic line too. The only thing I was hoping for was an announcement about the Dinobots...maybe they're saving that for the 30th Anniversary! :PRAY: That would actually be a great way to reintroduce them into the toy line. The fact we're getting Metroplex gives me some hope! :D

Is Metroplex FoC? The article didn't mention it, but I sure hope so. I loved his design in FoC.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462343)
Posted by That Bot on February 9th, 2013 @ 1:55pm CST
24" Metroplex? Ladies and gentlemen, after 26 years we have a new biggest Transformer ever. Holy cow.

Everything else sounds really exciting as well, I can't wait to see pictures.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462344)
Posted by Crosshairs on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:03pm CST
no words can express how excited I am about the Generations figures. Just. Yes. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462345)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:04pm CST
metroplex will stand next to my encore fortress maximus!
it will be epic!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462346)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:09pm CST
Correct me if I'm wrong but most of these Generation figures won't be coming until late 2013 and all of 2014. This is why I have a love/hate relationship with most of these shows; it makes you want toys NOW that aren't coming for almost a year. Curse you projective business practices! CURSE YOU!!! :grin:
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462347)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:12pm CST
Prime
All I'm interested in are the Predacons, and I'm happy to see all that have been announced being turned into toys. Wish I could decide on which Predaking to get.

Generations
Blitzwing and Springer are making me really happy. Better yet, their modes can be seen as Cybertronian in G1, especially Springer's. Titan Class Metroplex just made me... :oops: Can't wait to see him.

I'll need more details on the upcoming Platinum releases and the comic sets, but color me interested.
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462348)
Posted by Rhinox23 on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:14pm CST
xyl360 wrote:

While I'm not positive, tfw's post said that he will be rocking his FOC model. Hopefully pictures come soon to verify this!
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462349)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:15pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462350)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:21pm CST
HOLY SHIT :grin: , The fact it says 24" and done right has me on the edge of my seat for pics and Blitzwing im on the verge of passing out here
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462351)
Posted by xyl360 on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:22pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:I just got a pic of this guy! Holy cow it is beautiful. No Bruticus debacle here gang, it is exactly what you hoped for! Images coming momentarily!

And it is based on the FoC model, rounded chest and all?
Re: Toy Fair 2013 Transformers News Coverage Begins! Product Announcement Presentation Coverage (1462353)
Posted by necr0blivion on February 9th, 2013 @ 2:27pm CST
Definitely looking forward to the images, there are some real gems in this listing. I'm glad Seibs and El Duque are on the scene for us.

I'm guessing some of these new Generations figures are going to have the aesthetics of the IDW-verse. Some follow-up questions for now are:

• Who is this "Blazemaster" packed in with Bumblebee?
  • Is the two pack Grimlock vs Bruticus a bunch of reissues or new molds?
  • If Optimus Prime is coming with a roller, do we know what the class size is for each?
  • What is the "Platinum Edition" (re: Ultra Magnus)? Is this a limited release or exclusive, what class size will it be? Is this geared towards an adult collector's market, having better paint apps and accessories?
  • Can we not have distribution issues this year, Hasbro?
  • Metroplex, NOW! (sorry, not a question but what a great bit of news to wake up to)

So yeah, I'm excited :KREMZEEK: