Transformers News: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed!

Friday, February 14th, 2014 12:23PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,567

In a bit of a preemptive strike leading up to this weekend's big Toy Fair event Hasbro decided to drop an pretty big reveal on us this morning during their Toy Fair 2014 Investor Day Meeting! We have our first toy image of the Fan Built Bot winner Windblade! Not only that we get another shot of the previously revealed Generations Leader Class Jetfire. We'll provide a more detail summary of the meeting later today, but wanted to go ahead and share Windblade. Check out the toy image below.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed!
Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550551)
Posted by mooncake623 on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:36pm CST
wow! sweet...

Is it true that the Legends Comos and Swerve is canceled?
think I saw someone posted all the canceled stuff in the rumors page here on Seibertron.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550552)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:36pm CST
Looks cool!

At least we won't have to hear people complain about how it doesn't look enough like the G1 version.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550555)
Posted by craggy on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:45pm CST
looks okay from what I can see. purple gummi sword? cool. colours are nice and bold. head sculpt is unique without looking too kabuki-like. quite a Prime Arcee look going on in the legs especially, but it works for what they've designed.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550556)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:46pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550557)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:47pm CST
Toy Fair 2014 has yet to officially start in New York City, but we're already getting into the swing of things with some preliminary reveals! Today Hasbro were presenting their wares to their investors, and the slideshow was made available to Seibertron.com. They touched upon the following:

- The new film, talking about its theme of 'a truck looking for a friend', and the inclusion of the Dinobots.
- The subdivision of the franchise with Rescue Bots, Age of Extinction and Generations lines for three types of fans, from younger to older.
- CyberTRON Monday: online midnight madness event in May and various launches around the world leading to Age of Extinction premiere June 27.
- The redesign of the brand with new packaging, logos and digital platforms; several new games coming in 2014.
- Demonstrated the new simplified transformation for toys on stage (for younger fans and Age of Extinction), though no footage available. Products included: Stomp and Chomp Grimlock one-step transformation; Mega one-step Bumblebee.
- Rescue Bots taking on new dinobot forms, Optimus becomes Primal - Season 3 announced.
- For the committed fan: Generations and Platinum Edition lines (popular in Asian and North American markets). Products included in presentation are Leader Jetfire, Deluxe Windblade and Masterpiece Soundwave.
- Battle Masters Transformers, previously revealed.

If you wish to listen to the presentation yourself, take a look at the embedded video below, courtesy of Seibertron himself.

Check out below for an overview of what 2014 will bring in terms of transforming robots, including the previously announced Jetfire and Windblade.

Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550559)
Posted by EagleTron on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:49pm CST
Both look good. Would have liked to see the proper size of the figures but in time I will see.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550561)
Posted by hinomars19 on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:53pm CST
mooncake623 wrote:wow! sweet...

Is it true that the Legends Comos and Swerve is canceled?

Cosmos and Swerve exist don't they? They have Galleries here and I'm sure they were instock at Kapow toys in December (no longer though, it seems...)

These Generations toys are lovely, but are disapearing (or not appearing at all) far too quickly...and it's not like they will make it to stores here in U.K. Am I gonna miss out on the entire line? I can't pre-order every new fig at once :lol: it'd be nice if enough actually stuck around, y'know?

Windblade and Jetfire look awesome! (damn it I better get them both :-x )
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550562)
Posted by xRotorstormx on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:54pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550563)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:55pm CST
xRotorstormx wrote:I just love how Hasbro assumes that I am a 18+ year old boy :/ ... I think it's time to update the whole boy/girl division in the toy market.

The gender divide and aiming of the brand is really disheartening. I'm surprised they haven't caught up with the Let Toys be Toys campaign. The whole Angry Birds Girls (PINK!!) and Nerf Rebelle (PINK!!) is actually ridiculous.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550564)
Posted by TFStopMotions123 on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:56pm CST
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Yuck, that head design sucks. Can't wait until a Slipstream remold is available though. If that ever gets made

Hm, not really. It looks amazing IMO, spot on to what it looks like in the comics.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550565)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CST
TFStopMotions123 wrote:

And she looks pretty badass in the comic to
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550566)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:01pm CST
xRotorstormx wrote:I just love how Hasbro assumes that I am an 18+ year old boy :/ ... I think it's time to update the whole boy/girl division in the toy market.

What are you talking about?
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550567)
Posted by xRotorstormx on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:02pm CST
Va'al wrote:

It sure is..especially when you go in to the older Walmarts' and they still have the "Boys" and "Girls" signs hanging from the ceiling to separate the toys. I remember I went into a Toys R Us in CT last year and had my hands full of TF's, an older woman and her husband were standing their probably shopping for their grandson or whatever, gave me the oddest look then asked me "Are those for your son?" :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550571)
Posted by xRotorstormx on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:05pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:

What are you talking about?

The Product Innovation and Franchise Approach slides that talk about the age brackets for each set of toys.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550572)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:08pm CST
xRotorstormx wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:

What are you talking about?

What slides? What about them?
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550573)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:09pm CST
xRotorstormx wrote:
Va'al wrote:

Damn I don't think i've heard people in a store turn that dickish that quickly
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550575)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:10pm CST
Hasbro can't win. No matter what they do, a segment of the market is going to complain.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550576)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:13pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
xRotorstormx wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:

What are you talking about?

What slides? What about them?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98659&p=1550575#p1550557
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550580)
Posted by mooncake623 on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:21pm CST

What do you mean? they have Nerf Rebelle for you... =X kidding =D
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage Begins: Transformers Generations Deluxe Windblade Revealed! (1550581)
Posted by mooncake623 on February 14th, 2014 @ 1:23pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:
mooncake623 wrote:wow! sweet...

Is it true that the Legends Comos and Swerve is canceled?

Canceled for US distribution. How true it is, I don't know.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS G1 SOUNDWAVE & BUZZSAW DESEPTICONS ROBOT METAL FIGURE COLLECTIBLE - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 58 minutes 48 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 RAVAGE DESEPTICONS ROBOT METAL FIGURE COLLECTIBLE - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 48 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 BUMBLEBEE AUTOBOTS ROBOT METAL FIGURE COLLECTIBLE - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 43 minutes 40 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 MIRAGE AUTOBOTS ROBOT METAL FIGURE COLLECTIBLE - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 53 minutes 38 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 PROWL AUTOBOTS ROBOT METAL FIGURE COLLECTIBLE - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 48 minutes 53 seconds
1988 Joyride Complete G1 Transformers Powermaster - Time Remaining: 7 days 11 hours 14 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition Laser Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining:  12 hours 59 minutes 53 seconds
NEW STAR WARS TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS CAD BANE TO CAD BANE'S XANADU BLOOD 2010 - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 30 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016