Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more

Saturday, February 15th, 2014 10:06PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 22,282

In non-Transformers toy fair coverage, we bring you a gallery and information on My Little Pony and Star Wars toys.
For Star Wars, there are some new things, like the Command Series line that looks like traditional army men figures…but they are Star Wars characters. Also be on the lookout for the Black Series, which will have a new look for fall of this year. Upcoming figures will include a Jabba the Hutt with moving arms and opening mouth, a Darth Vader from Episode VI with a removable helmet, Chewbacca, and many more. There will be many more revealed at the San Diego Comic Con, but for now, check out the pictures below, and click on any picture to take you to the full gallery.

Transformers News: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more

If you’ve been looking forward to seeing what the My Little Pony line has in store for you, check out the images below and click on any picture to take you directly to the main gallery to see everything that was showcased. In this gallery, you’ll see Littlest Pet Shop, My Little Pony, Equestria Girls, some new things from Play-Doh, and more.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551171)
Posted by Rated X on February 15th, 2014 @ 10:31pm CST
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551172)
Posted by Spleenzorio on February 15th, 2014 @ 10:42pm CST

Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551173)
Posted by DoctorOblivian on February 15th, 2014 @ 10:50pm CST
Spleenzorio wrote:Soooo with all these new movie toys, I haven't seen any sign of Starscream anywhere.

Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551174)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 15th, 2014 @ 10:54pm CST
Rated X wrote:I fail to see why non TF products should be front paged just because they were in the same toy fair. Might as well front page pictures of the restroom too since the hasbro staff "officially" used it.

This kind of attitude is not necessary.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551178)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 15th, 2014 @ 10:56pm CST
Hmmm, that Skybyte looks kinda wonky. I'll need some better pics to be sure.

Roadbuster looks promising, was hoping for a bit more updated look, or bulky, but not quite as shocking as Whirl.

Jetfire has me all tingly, as does Windblade.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551179)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 15th, 2014 @ 10:57pm CST
AutoBorst wrote:Wow, this makes me embarrassed to be a TF fan. These make the previous film toys look like Masterpieces in comparison.

I'd say most of the responses make me embarrassed to be a TF fan. I can understand wanting toys to collect, but at the same time people have to understand that kids have, and always will make up the majority of who buys these. Being pissed that Hasbro is actually making toys that.. wait for it... Kids might actually enjoy? :P Go figure. This is the 4th movie. We've all known for a long time that one of the biggest complaints of the movie lines was that the transformations were too complicated. This is there answer. Ya, there not going to work for everyone and I get being upset. But calling them garbage because they were designed for children, the next Gen of FT toy collectors is ridiculous.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :APPLAUSE: Now that's funny. Well played sir.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551180)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 15th, 2014 @ 10:57pm CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:

This kind of attitude is not necessary.

True, but you can't deny he has a point.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551183)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 15th, 2014 @ 11:14pm CST
Ok, so according to TF2005 this isn't the full line. There will be additional lines that will be revealed later in the year. So there is still hope of more detailed, complicated transformations for collectors.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... el-179294/
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551184)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 15th, 2014 @ 11:16pm CST
DoctorOblivian wrote:thats probably because Starscream is dead... his head got exploded by sam in DOTM, remember?

Jazz, Brawl, Bonecrusher, and Blackout all had grisly demises in the first movie, but they didn't let that stop them from appearing in later toy lines!
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551185)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 15th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:

This kind of attitude is not necessary.

True, but you can't deny he has a point.
More promotion for Hasbro is always a good thing. It shows that we like Hasbro and appreciate what they do for us fans, so going an extra mile to show our appreciation beyond the scope of expectation couldn't possibly hurt. :D

I also question of this issue would have even been brought up if a certain girl's brand hadn't been included.

That aside,

ScoutBumblebee wrote:

Blades looks pretty cool. Almost like a new kind of Seeker. Or like Action Master Thundercracker's old jet armor suit. Or even like Go-Bots Aero-Bot and Silver-Bot.

And, OMG A MORBOT!!!!!! YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SDB81484 wrote:Is that a MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK I see! With a Toys R Us sticker! Oh I pray he's schedule to be part of this years Masterpiece lineup! :D
Yep, he's getting rereleased, and looks to be similar to the TakaraTomy Asian exclusive version.

What are the difference between the recently reissued Asian Market version of MP Grimlock and the one that TRU had in North America a few years ago? I can already tell that he's now without the "sticker" paint apps on his shoulder/biceps in robot mode that the first NA release included.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551186)
Posted by DoctorOblivian on February 15th, 2014 @ 11:30pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:

this is true, but a lot of those re appearances where mostly repaints. which i think hasbro will try to steer away from this time around because all of the new figures are the simply designed ones. Using old figures in the AOE line would kind defeat the purpose. That and the sheer number of actual figures coming out, i dont think they would bother redesigning a new simpler toy for someone who isn't even in the movie.

that and i'm sick of chicken leg starscream, though the leader class screamer is a work of art. 3 times was enough using what was essentially the same design, and seeing how he wont be in the movie (barring some crappy resurrection, or AWESOME ghost resurrection, lol) they wouldn't bother redesigning him just for the sake of a toy, i dont think... actually they probably would... but still i dont think any of the older characters will be making an appearance in toy form again.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551187)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 15th, 2014 @ 11:32pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Looking it over again, I was wrong to compare it to the Asian Takara reissue. This one looks to be closer to the regular Takara deco but with the previous Hasbro accessories.

Sounds good to me. A screen accurate Hasbro reissue of MP Grimlock is a total win! :)
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551188)
Posted by El Duque on February 15th, 2014 @ 11:33pm CST

Because Hasbro, who produces all of these products, was kind enough to invite us to their invitation only event?

Getting tired of these thinly veiled "I don't like your stance on 3rd party" posts. If we had time we would take pictures and cover every single item they had on display from Transformers to Play Doh to MLP. In reality this isn't even really Toy Fair. Toy Fair starts tomorrow, this was Hasbro Media Day.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551193)
Posted by Spleenzorio on February 16th, 2014 @ 12:00am CST
DoctorOblivian wrote:

But but but but but indestructible spark D:
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551196)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 16th, 2014 @ 12:09am CST
Spleenzorio wrote:
DoctorOblivian wrote:

But but but but but indestructible spark D:
Wrong Starscream
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551197)
Posted by Spleenzorio on February 16th, 2014 @ 12:11am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Spleenzorio wrote:

But but but but but indestructible spark D:
Wrong Starscream

You're the wrong Starscream!
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551200)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 16th, 2014 @ 12:22am CST
And all of these lines have had one or more of their characters interact with TFs in HUB bumpers, so they're canonically as relevant as Disney's Death's Head.

Sorry, but I had to point that out in the most unpleasant terms possible. I'm bitter cuz' there'll never be any SheZow toys to do a gallery of, and Aligned Optimus personally welcomed him to Team HUB.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551202)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 16th, 2014 @ 12:23am CST
?!?!?!?!?
<!-- ia0 -->jarheads.jpg<!-- ia0 -->
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551207)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 16th, 2014 @ 1:19am CST
Spleenzorio wrote:
DoctorOblivian wrote:

But but but but but indestructible spark D:

It would be pretty cool if they could somehow integrate that into the movie. What if Sam still had some Matrix dust on his hair from ROTF when he killed Starscream, and while Sam was swinging around, the dust got in Starscream's mouth and fertilized his spark to keep it online forever? Or something like that.
Re: Toy Fair 2014 Coverage: Star Wars, My Little Pony, and more (1551208)
Posted by K2vox on February 16th, 2014 @ 1:24am CST
Does this mean that the Generations Legends toys with their target-master weapon buddies aren't cancelled since they're showing them all off? Swerve, Cosmos, Tailgate, Shrapnel, Acid Storm, Gears? :-?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016