Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp

Transformers News: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp

Friday, May 28th, 2010 3:39AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 39,972

In the Transformers mythos, when there's a Starscream in a toy line, Skywarp and Thundercracker aren't far behind. We recently showed you an in-depth look at Alternity Starscream, and now HK-TF member kenji cooks up some up close and personal pictures of Alternity Skywarp. Coloured in what Takara describes as 'Witch Purple Pearl', Skywarp has a slightly different face from Alternity Starscream, but the rest is a straight repaint. Check out the pictures below.

If you want another look at Alternity Skywarp, then Alfes 2010 also has a gallery of Skywarp's robot and alternate modes. With both Skywarp and Starscream, it warrants the question - when and where will we see Alternity Thundercracker?

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): HK-TF member kenji, Alfes 2010

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079521)
Posted by Mach on May 28th, 2010 @ 3:46am CDT
Skywarp is so much nicer..... Decided just to get this :grin:
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079523)
Posted by Jenus on May 28th, 2010 @ 3:48am CDT
How I wish I did not have to cancel my pre-order for this. :-(
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079525)
Posted by Hal7300 on May 28th, 2010 @ 3:58am CDT
Mach wrote:Skywarp is so much nicer..... Decided just to get this :grin:

Hells yes!

A thing of beauty...
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079527)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:03am CDT
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079530)
Posted by Tekka on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:39am CDT
It will be mine!
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079531)
Posted by King Henrik on May 28th, 2010 @ 4:42am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:His headsculpt fits better than Starscreams. This guy's looking pretty sexy. I'll be happy to add them both to the collection.
:BOT:

Yeah the headsculpt is way way better than starscream... have no money now but may pick up just skywarp someday down the line.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079540)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 28th, 2010 @ 5:50am CDT
Seeing this version with the vastly superior head mold elevates SS from FAIL to EPIC FAIL! Despite my overall lack of enthusiasm for the Alternity line, I would have purchased SS in a heatbeat if the head mold would have matched the SW version. What was Takara thinking here?
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079541)
Posted by Mykltron on May 28th, 2010 @ 5:55am CDT
I'm very happy I ordered this one and not SS. Better head, car looks better in a darker colour even though it's not my favourite purple. I'm so stoked about this figure! I've just noticed he has car seat arms just like the first two Alternitys. They really seem to be making an effort on articulation with these.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079546)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 28th, 2010 @ 6:26am CDT
Wow, soooooooo much better then Starscream. I wasn't gonna get either, but now these pics might have sold me. I'll look for one at Botcon!
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079549)
Posted by Requiem Prime on May 28th, 2010 @ 6:54am CDT
Wow, maybe. Screamer's alright but Skywarp's face makes him look so much more G1. Funny how little it takes to go from good to pretty dang excellent. But still, these guys are pricy. If I don't do both Skywarp is seriously pushing to be favored.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079554)
Posted by WheelJacked on May 28th, 2010 @ 7:14am CDT
I can't believe how much better this looks than the Starscream version. This makes me actually want the figure now.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079565)
Posted by Diem on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:16am CDT
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079573)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:59am CDT
Diem wrote:I plan to get this guy and Starscream tomorrow and have a review and/or video up, ASAP. If anyone has anything they particularly want to see, please let me know.

A clear comparison of both heads if possible? Maybe a side by side kinda thing. Just to see em next to each other. That'd be cool. Thanks!
:BOT:
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079574)
Posted by omega666 on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:01am CDT
Just awesome. :grin:
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079576)
Posted by aps1977 on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:04am CDT
These mold designs have one of my biggest pet peeves - fake transformations. It's clear that the car's hood is supposed to be the robot's chest, but it's also clear that this is not actually the case. This isn't as bad as 2007TF's Jazz, with a grill and headlights on his alt mode roof, but since the Alternity line isn't trying to mimic a cartoon, comic, or movie aesthetic, I don't see the need for the "fakery". Makes me miss Alternators even more.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079586)
Posted by First-Aid on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:42am CDT
Wow...that is a SWEET figure. I am loving that auto mode.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079587)
Posted by Kibble on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:46am CDT
Damn...back to questioning which one I want! And probably only have the weekend to decide. I think Starscream's color scheme is better overall, but Sky's head does look much better.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079591)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 28th, 2010 @ 10:08am CDT
The purple is thankfully darker than the original pics suggested. With the new head sculpt and dark colors, this guy does indeed look a lot better than Starscream. I may pick this guy up eventually, but unfortunately I'm pretty broke right now, and these things are too expensive.
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079592)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 28th, 2010 @ 10:18am CDT
Muuuch better than "Starscream".
Re: Toy Images of Alternity Mitsuoka Orochi Skywarp (1079596)
Posted by Darkclyde on May 28th, 2010 @ 10:37am CDT
Looks way better than Starscream's bugface

I was hoping not to jump into Alternity line, to expensive, but I think I will buy only this Skywarp

Ending Soon On eBay

Battle Damage ARCEE motorcycle TRANSFORMERS Movie 2007 Deluxe Class figure Sam's - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 15 minutes 54 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Titan OPTIMUS PRIME 16-Inch Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 50 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers GO! G03 Samurai Team Ganoh Takara MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 5 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Revenge of Fallen ROTF Sideways Decepticon 2008 New Rare! - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 36 minutes 50 seconds
Takara Transformers Key Chain Holder Generation 1 G1 Autobot Bumblebee Red 1 Pcs - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 30 minutes 57 seconds
Takara Transformers G1 Kaiyodo KT Gashapon Mini Box Figure Optimus Prime Convoy - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 46 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage Corvette Takara MISB (100% authentic) - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 5 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks Corvette Takara MISB (100% authentic) - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 50 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016