Toy Images of Generations Blurr

Transformers News: Toy Images of Generations Blurr

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 8:31AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 43,420

The fastest Autobot has arrived. Based on IDW Comics' Generation One Blurr, this repaint and remold of Generations Drift features a brand new head sculpt, two guns and of all things, a sniper rifle! A Wave 4 release, you'll find Blurr with a less cooler repaint and remold, Generations Dirge. Courtesy of Seibertron.com member KOToys, we get a chance to look at, perhaps, the best characterization of Blurr in toy form. Does Animated Blurr stand a chance?

You can view the full gallery at kotoys forum here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com, the Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Mach, kotoys
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114091)
Posted by Mykltron on August 17th, 2010 @ 8:34am CDT
Looks like he could work for Teefal!
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114094)
Posted by --B-- on August 17th, 2010 @ 8:35am CDT
BUY.

ON.

SIGHT.

:x
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114098)
Posted by StryderPrime on August 17th, 2010 @ 8:42am CDT
niccceeeee.

this should be standard protocol for all repaints in the future. New head, new weapons, and maybe sum slight modifications to the overall mold itself.

the only minus thing about this figure is that i hate when the wheels aint painted but no biggie tho.
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114100)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 17th, 2010 @ 8:43am CDT

Animated Blurr really captures how I think he should appear, even in a Classics styling.
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114101)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 17th, 2010 @ 8:54am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I like it, but I swear, it really just doesn't say "Blurr" to me. He's bulky and looks slow...

I feel the same way.
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114103)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 17th, 2010 @ 8:59am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:

I feel the same way.

You can always blame the IDW comics, on which this toy is based. To me, he's passable since he'll go nicely with Rodimus. Next up, Kup!
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114104)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:00am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:

I feel the same way.

Yep. I look at all that kibble, and I see "wind resistance".
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114107)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:02am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Next up, Kup!

Hopefully with a new mold.
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114110)
Posted by Stockade on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:04am CDT
I agree with Counterpunch and the others about Blurr, it looks like Blurr, but really isn't him. I still see Waaay too much of Drift there, but what can you do? Most likely ill pick him up, unless Takara does something waaaay better with him than Hasblow...
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114111)
Posted by Forgotten on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:08am CDT
He certainly does have a tall melon on him. I want to like it, but something is holding me back, I really do think it's the height of the head, he's starting to remind me of Dan Akroyd. I haven't managed to get my hands on Drift yet, but can the front car fenders on the mold be rotated in an upward position? I think that would help the appearance somewhat. I'll just have to wait & see if I can find Drift & see how much expendable cash I have when I run up on Blurr, those two factors will decide whether I buy or not. I'm just not wowed like I wanted to be. :-(
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114112)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:09am CDT
I love it, but not as Blurr. Yay for sniper rifles.
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114113)
Posted by TFBuyer on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:10am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:

I feel the same way.

Agreed. And the best thing about this guy? New guns!
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114114)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:11am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:

I feel the same way.

Well, really only the head looks like IDW Blurr, since he doesn't have an earth mode. While I agree he doesn't look as streamlined as he should, he's still Blurr enough for me and will definitely be joining my collection. 8)
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114116)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:19am CDT
He'll be heading straight away into my Neo G2 collection as Boss:

Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114118)
Posted by chrisc4 on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:25am CDT
i think if the shoulder fenders were up he would look more streamlined. other than that new guns and new head and a sweet paint job, it's love at first site! :x
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114120)
Posted by Convotron on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
Generations Blurr looks like it's inspired by IDW Blurr so with that in mind, I think it looks good.

As already noted, this is IDW Blurr and even though that incarnation didn't have an Earth alt mode, if you compare this figure's design and IDW Blurr, the proportions are similar with wide bulky shoulders, side skirt armour, and larger legs.

A repainted and slightly retooled Generations Drift seems like a good fit for an Earth mode IDW Blurr to my eyes.
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114124)
Posted by omega666 on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:39am CDT
Will get this! Screw animated. This guy looks badass.
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114127)
Posted by Prime Evil on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:42am CDT
Normally I would agree with most of ya's but in this case no. Does he look like the uber sleek blurr that we are used to? No, but do animated figures fit in with the neo/classics line. No. Case in point. (and why I don't collect animated). Had a buddy from FL come up and visit me two weeks ago. Came up to my room to check out my TF collection. He doesn't do TF's but collects Simpson figures. So he browses through everything and looks at the ONE animated figure I have (Arcee) and says, "that's at transformer? she looks different." I told him the whole story about the line and this particular line of TF. Said it nice, but looks outta place. So even to the casual toy collector, Animated doesn't fill the neo/classics void. THAT'S why I don't put animated into my shelf. Outta all the stuff I had up, Animated still stands out...and I don't need figures looking aesthetcially different from one another.

Again, NOT knockin on Animated, but they really don't go well with a classics display...at least not the way I want them to. So this generations Blurr will DEFINITLY by my Blurr. Oh, and I can use a sniper on the 2010 team. ;)
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114131)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:51am CDT
hmmm, lets put a halo blue spartan head on him and call him Church! :p

seriously though, i like this figure and since i missed out on Animated Blurr im gonna definatly get this one, maybe give one of his smaller guns to my Animated Arcee repaint
Re: Toy Images of Generations Blurr (1114135)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on August 17th, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
For being based of his IDW incarnation, I really like the reuse of this mold. The changes and redeco really make all the difference. The head looks great, and his smaller spoiler makes his alt mode more Blurr-like to me. The only thing I'm not a fan of is having that gigantic gun stored on his back. It looks too cumbersome. I may give it to another fig that would be better suited for it.

Overall though, one more fig to add to my Want List.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016