Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode

Transformers News: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode

Thursday, January 27th, 2011 8:48PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 50,769

Japanese Transformers collector and blogger Alfes 2010 has updated his toy blog with new images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy.

The first 3 parts of the galleries are focusing on Hot Rod, in both robot and alternate modes.

To view the full galleries and the toy gimmicks, head to:
- Part A
- Part B
- Part C

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Alfes 2010
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174599)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:52pm CST
I like how the thumbnail for the news story down at the very bottom of the page is just a shot of Rodimus's crotch. :lol:
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174604)
Posted by Pyrostrata on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:57pm CST
Wow...Color me impressed...and that is saying a LOT about a Rodimii when that kind of praise comes from me, a self-proclaimed Rodimus/HotRod HATER! That is VERY pretty indeed!
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174606)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:59pm CST
Yeah, evening of awesomeness!!! I can't wait for mine to get here!!! Grimlock is gonna have a buddy :x
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174608)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 27th, 2011 @ 9:04pm CST
Well, Amelie will be thrilled. It's actually magenta and not red.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174613)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on January 27th, 2011 @ 9:10pm CST
If (when) I get him he will be in that pose with the matrix over his head. That picture with him "lighting our darkest hour" is the coolest thing I have seen this guy do... Just that pose along changed my mind about purchasing him.

Not a fan of skirt armor though, that's his only downside...
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174617)
Posted by Galvatron X on January 27th, 2011 @ 9:14pm CST
Damn, man...that thing looks awesome! Both modes look great!
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174619)
Posted by Megazarak on January 27th, 2011 @ 9:19pm CST
That is one nice looking figure. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but I'm definitely sold on it now. I'd like to get the Hasbro version, so I hope that looks great as well (and hopefully that bonus item they were talking about is Firebolt).
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174642)
Posted by stangatron on January 27th, 2011 @ 10:44pm CST
This is nice, but when will they make a jazz or maybe shockwave :lol:
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174648)
Posted by Joetx on January 27th, 2011 @ 11:16pm CST
I don't know why some people don't like him. I think he's awesome & can't wait for him to be part of my collection.

Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174678)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 28th, 2011 @ 3:27am CST
Isnt it nice when a figure upper legs are in proper proportion to the lower legs, this allows the figure to adopt bended knee poses properly.

I wasnt going to get MP Hot Rodimus and I held off buying but now I think I want one and Kapow Toys is out of stock. :(
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174685)
Posted by Mykltron on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:30am CST
I'm actually getting excited about this figure now! I'm very happy to see his crotch plate moves cos I thought his leg articulation was seriously hampered. Love the blade attachment too.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174686)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:33am CST
This is definitely an addition to my collection. Matter of fact, I'm getting 2. One Rodimus and one Hot Rod.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174689)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:43am CST
I'm not liking that crotch plate, I wish it was in 3 parts like Prime's. It would look a little better that way. Grimlock's was pretty well-done too. I'm also surprised he's not as dark red as the G1 toy. The colors could be darker in general, especially the face and hands. Other than that he looks great! Too bad I can't afford it. Oh well, maybe I'll have the luxury of being able to choose between Takara or Hasbro.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174693)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 28th, 2011 @ 5:17am CST
Joetx wrote:Does anyone have any idea how tall he is, in both Hot Rod & Rodimus Prime modes?

I'm guessing he'll be the same size as MP Grimlock, and since their the same figure, I'm pretty sure Hotrod and Rodimus will be the same size. =L
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174696)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 28th, 2011 @ 5:51am CST
Wow. Far more complex than I thought. Doubly impressed.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174699)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 28th, 2011 @ 6:27am CST
I can't read what was posted but what I've seen looks really awesome. They even paid attention to upholstery detail. Gotta love that! They've outdone themselves w/ the welding matrix, torch, and buzzsaw accessories being included. If I were collecting masterpieces I'd definitely want this in my collection.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174702)
Posted by chrisc4 on January 28th, 2011 @ 6:46am CST
now if only came with his fishing rod.... :x
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174708)
Posted by vectorA3 on January 28th, 2011 @ 7:10am CST
Ok what time does Toys R Us open??! oh - wait. Not out yet. Sonuva*&%^&$got*%&^*$&*sh*^%&*$^^&^&#%$^&@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174712)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 28th, 2011 @ 7:26am CST
Yup, I am seeing nothing that is making me regret buying MP-09. The best $180 I spent on a Transformer in a long time (maybe since MP Grimlock). This is my Rodimus Prime, Hasbro's will be my Hot Rod.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174724)
Posted by dragons on January 28th, 2011 @ 8:29am CST
im more impressesd than ever master piece that can actually hold matrix with there hans inside not outs of matrix that prime & repaints of does nice not likeing pinkish look to him but i can deal with it

Ending Soon On eBay

New Transformers Takara Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime + Coin Box Set 80's Gift - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 45 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Animated TA-24 Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 58 seconds
Transformers G2 Parts 1991 PYRO spark complete missile rocket set EUROPEAN - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 18 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP28 Hot Rod Stock Robot Figure Takara Tomy  japan new. - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 48 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Animated TA38 Wing Blade Optimus Prime Takara Tomy japan new . - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 34 minutes 10 seconds
Original Transformers Hasbro G1 2002 Commemorative Series 1 ULTRA MAGNUS MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 34 minutes 39 seconds
NEW X-TRANSBOTS BEK-01R Upgrade Kit for Transformers G1 Color FOC Bruticus - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 40 minutes 59 seconds
Takara Transformers Binaltech BT-11 RAVAGE New Sealed MISB Corvette 1:24 - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 50 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents