Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode

Transformers News: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode

Thursday, January 27th, 2011 8:48PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 50,955

Japanese Transformers collector and blogger Alfes 2010 has updated his toy blog with new images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy.

The first 3 parts of the galleries are focusing on Hot Rod, in both robot and alternate modes.

To view the full galleries and the toy gimmicks, head to:
- Part A
- Part B
- Part C

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Alfes 2010

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174599)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:52pm CST
I like how the thumbnail for the news story down at the very bottom of the page is just a shot of Rodimus's crotch. :lol:
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174604)
Posted by Pyrostrata on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:57pm CST
Wow...Color me impressed...and that is saying a LOT about a Rodimii when that kind of praise comes from me, a self-proclaimed Rodimus/HotRod HATER! That is VERY pretty indeed!
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174606)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 27th, 2011 @ 8:59pm CST
Yeah, evening of awesomeness!!! I can't wait for mine to get here!!! Grimlock is gonna have a buddy :x
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174608)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 27th, 2011 @ 9:04pm CST
Well, Amelie will be thrilled. It's actually magenta and not red.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174613)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on January 27th, 2011 @ 9:10pm CST
If (when) I get him he will be in that pose with the matrix over his head. That picture with him "lighting our darkest hour" is the coolest thing I have seen this guy do... Just that pose along changed my mind about purchasing him.

Not a fan of skirt armor though, that's his only downside...
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174617)
Posted by Galvatron X on January 27th, 2011 @ 9:14pm CST
Damn, man...that thing looks awesome! Both modes look great!
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174619)
Posted by Megazarak on January 27th, 2011 @ 9:19pm CST
That is one nice looking figure. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but I'm definitely sold on it now. I'd like to get the Hasbro version, so I hope that looks great as well (and hopefully that bonus item they were talking about is Firebolt).
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174642)
Posted by stangatron on January 27th, 2011 @ 10:44pm CST
This is nice, but when will they make a jazz or maybe shockwave :lol:
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174648)
Posted by Joetx on January 27th, 2011 @ 11:16pm CST
I don't know why some people don't like him. I think he's awesome & can't wait for him to be part of my collection.

Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174678)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 28th, 2011 @ 3:27am CST
Isnt it nice when a figure upper legs are in proper proportion to the lower legs, this allows the figure to adopt bended knee poses properly.

I wasnt going to get MP Hot Rodimus and I held off buying but now I think I want one and Kapow Toys is out of stock. :(
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174685)
Posted by Mykltron on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:30am CST
I'm actually getting excited about this figure now! I'm very happy to see his crotch plate moves cos I thought his leg articulation was seriously hampered. Love the blade attachment too.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174686)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:33am CST
This is definitely an addition to my collection. Matter of fact, I'm getting 2. One Rodimus and one Hot Rod.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174689)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 28th, 2011 @ 4:43am CST
I'm not liking that crotch plate, I wish it was in 3 parts like Prime's. It would look a little better that way. Grimlock's was pretty well-done too. I'm also surprised he's not as dark red as the G1 toy. The colors could be darker in general, especially the face and hands. Other than that he looks great! Too bad I can't afford it. Oh well, maybe I'll have the luxury of being able to choose between Takara or Hasbro.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174693)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on January 28th, 2011 @ 5:17am CST
Joetx wrote:Does anyone have any idea how tall he is, in both Hot Rod & Rodimus Prime modes?

I'm guessing he'll be the same size as MP Grimlock, and since their the same figure, I'm pretty sure Hotrod and Rodimus will be the same size. =L
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174696)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 28th, 2011 @ 5:51am CST
Wow. Far more complex than I thought. Doubly impressed.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174699)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 28th, 2011 @ 6:27am CST
I can't read what was posted but what I've seen looks really awesome. They even paid attention to upholstery detail. Gotta love that! They've outdone themselves w/ the welding matrix, torch, and buzzsaw accessories being included. If I were collecting masterpieces I'd definitely want this in my collection.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174702)
Posted by chrisc4 on January 28th, 2011 @ 6:46am CST
now if only came with his fishing rod.... :x
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174708)
Posted by vectorA3 on January 28th, 2011 @ 7:10am CST
Ok what time does Toys R Us open??! oh - wait. Not out yet. Sonuva*&%^&$got*%&^*$&*sh*^%&*$^^&^&#%$^&@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174712)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 28th, 2011 @ 7:26am CST
Yup, I am seeing nothing that is making me regret buying MP-09. The best $180 I spent on a Transformer in a long time (maybe since MP Grimlock). This is my Rodimus Prime, Hasbro's will be my Hot Rod.
Re: Toy Images of Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy - Hot Rod Mode (1174724)
Posted by dragons on January 28th, 2011 @ 8:29am CST
im more impressesd than ever master piece that can actually hold matrix with there hans inside not outs of matrix that prime & repaints of does nice not likeing pinkish look to him but i can deal with it

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS  "OPTIMUS PRIME"  VOYAGER CLASS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 4 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Optimus Prime and Shockwave Mechtech Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 57 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS "SHOCKWAVE" Prime Beast Hunters  VOYAGER CLASS decepticon HASBRO - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 31 seconds
Capture of Bumblebee 2007 TRANSFORMERS Screen Battles MIB - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 46 minutes 17 seconds
First Encounter 2007 TRANSFORMERS Screen Battles MIB Barricade Sam - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 46 minutes 16 seconds
Takara Transformers Mega SCF G1 Optimus Prime(Convoy) TV Version Figure(JP) - Time Remaining: 8 days 18 minutes 5 seconds
Takara Transformers Mega SCF G1 Optimus Prime(Convoy) Metallic Figure(JP) - Time Remaining: 8 days 18 minutes 5 seconds
HOT SHOT TRANSFORMERS 4 Age of Extinction Movie Action Figure Blue Corvette GM - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 18 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits