Transformers News: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version

Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 6:07PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 49,766

Million Publishing has created the dedicated webpage for the Transformers Animated Encyclopedia.
Million Publishing has also revealed the toy images of this book's exclusive figure - Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version.

In our previous news article, we have assumed this exclusive will be based on Wingblade Optimus Prime, however the official images proof otherwise.

The webpage also revealed sample pages of the Transformers Animated Encyclopedia, that to be released on 26th August 2010.

Click on the above images to visit the original article.

Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!
Credit(s): Million Publishing

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114697)
Posted by CybertronHotShot on August 18th, 2010 @ 6:12pm CDT
The black look good, but the yellow eyes... =;
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114699)
Posted by Editor on August 18th, 2010 @ 6:14pm CDT
Looks pretty badass, but not enough for me to worry about it.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114700)
Posted by Megazarak on August 18th, 2010 @ 6:18pm CDT
CybertronHotShot wrote:The black look good, but the yellow eyes... =;

He doesn't have yellow eyes, they look to be blue with yellow under the eyes.

It's a very nice figure, and if this promotion were over here I'd definitely get him, but since he isn't, I won't go out of my way to get him. It would also maybe look a bit better if his Elite Guard insignia was in the upper middle of his chest rather than just on the side.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114713)
Posted by CybertronHotShot on August 18th, 2010 @ 6:56pm CDT
Megazarak wrote:
CybertronHotShot wrote:The black look good, but the yellow eyes... =;

He doesn't have yellow eyes, they look to be blue with yellow under the eyes.

You`re right, but the yellow still look awkward.A close shot of the face will be better.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114729)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:24pm CDT
I was hoping this would be a Wing Blade repaint but since it's not, my wallet is happy.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114742)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 18th, 2010 @ 7:55pm CDT
Really hate to say this, but he actually looks better than the first Voyager. I highly doubt it'll have an American release, but if it does, I'm literally going to throw out my Animated Prime and replace him with E.G Prime. Can't wait to see the Wing Blade attachments on him. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114749)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 18th, 2010 @ 8:40pm CDT
Yeah, gold/yellow is my least favorite color to begin with, but the misplaced-looking insignia is the deal-killer. It could've looked OK on the very front of his roof, even if it was facing strait up in front of his head.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114766)
Posted by Mechastrike on August 18th, 2010 @ 9:32pm CDT
nice but i prefer the one with wings... and a hammer. :grin:
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114795)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 18th, 2010 @ 10:38pm CDT
I think the half black and half red is very awkward. If this was all black with gold accents, it would be a near must-buy for me. As it is, I won't be buying this any time soon.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114797)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 18th, 2010 @ 10:48pm CDT
That Elite Guard symbol on the chest just looks silly..
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114823)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on August 19th, 2010 @ 12:03am CDT
I think it's ace, and all of you guys not wanting one means I might have a chance of getting it!

But seriously, anyone who's able to order them, doesn't want the book and fancies one of these guys for 4,300yen should PM me up...
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114838)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 19th, 2010 @ 12:44am CDT
Interesting. Reminds me of Cybertron Galaxy Force Optimus Prime (which I still need to get to the post office...).

Yeah, they should've put the insignia on the top of his chest, but other than that he's pretty cool. I won't worry about trying to get him though.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114854)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 19th, 2010 @ 1:20am CDT
That's not at all what I expected it to be.

Not impressed in the least.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114884)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 19th, 2010 @ 3:19am CDT
It's... beautiful.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114902)
Posted by --B-- on August 19th, 2010 @ 5:31am CDT
That thing puts the "Ug" in ugly.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114905)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 19th, 2010 @ 5:42am CDT
CybertronHotShot wrote:
Megazarak wrote:
CybertronHotShot wrote:The black look good, but the yellow eyes... =;

He doesn't have yellow eyes, they look to be blue with yellow under the eyes.

It's not yellow, he has a gold painted face which is hidden under his battle mask.

I kinda like him, but I don't want this.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114914)
Posted by Convotron on August 19th, 2010 @ 6:02am CDT
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114933)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 19th, 2010 @ 6:34am CDT
Convotron wrote:I like the idea of a colour scheme mainly composed of black, red, and gold but it just isn't executed well on this figure to my eyes. The significant amount of black on the legs and forearms weighs down the character visually in bot mode. The blue plastic for the windows looks out of place(might have been better as gold/yellow clear plastic). The black parts also could use a bit of accenting with red/yellow/silver trim to break up the dense flat black forms.

You perfectly described everything I am not digging with this figure.
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114972)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 19th, 2010 @ 8:01am CDT
I'm happy that no one wants him. He'll be easier to get, and BBTS has done pretty well with the other Million publishing exclusives (not ridiculously marked up...).
Re: Toy Images of Million Publishing Exclusive Animated Optimus Prime Elite Guard Version (1114977)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 19th, 2010 @ 8:11am CDT
First Bumblebee, then Prowl, and now Prime himself? O boy! Too bad he's an exclusive though, he'd fit perfectly.

Be honest: are you guys disliking him because you were hoping for a Wingblade version, and are looking for faults to justify the dislike? Just curious.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem