Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack

Transformers News: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack

Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 4:54AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 108,222

HK-TF member 車車車 has purchased the Takara Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Buster Optimus Prime & Jetfire 2 pack and shares his haul with us. This version of Buster Prime comes with the mouth plate, and you can compare it to normal version of Buster Prime in our galleries. As for Jetfire, the body colour also differs from the first version, with more of a brown and gray colour scheme. Check out the pictures of both figures below.

If you want to check out all the images, click here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all the latest news on Transformers.
Credit(s): HK-TF member 車車車
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031856)
Posted by yellow Camaro on December 30th, 2009 @ 5:05am CST
Wow... Jetfire is awesome but I can't buy another Prime... Will be available separately?
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031857)
Posted by Anonymous. on December 30th, 2009 @ 5:08am CST
Looks beautiful.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031868)
Posted by Tigertrack on December 30th, 2009 @ 6:19am CST
I hesitate to buy something like this because this is something I can totally see HASBRO doing. A two pack with the new Buster Prime (rifle basically), and a slight repaint to Jetfire.

Plus, it's movie-verse---no no for me.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031879)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2009 @ 8:06am CST
While Jetfire's new color scheme may look nice, can we really call it more movie-accurate than his normal figure? I mean, was Jetfire really that brown in the film? (he looked more like a "rusty-black" to me, rather than this "dead leaf brown")
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031883)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 30th, 2009 @ 8:29am CST
Is it just me or is Jetfire making an obscene gesture in that one photo?

I probably just need to get my mind out of the gutter.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031885)
Posted by guardianprime on December 30th, 2009 @ 8:33am CST
looks nice. but I could never justify importing these guys

I do hope hasbro conciders picking up atleast buster prime as I don't have an rotf prime and won't get one unless I find one o these good lookin leaders.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031894)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 30th, 2009 @ 9:46am CST
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031898)
Posted by omega666 on December 30th, 2009 @ 10:08am CST
Looks awesome! Will gladly buy those if they come to the US.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031901)
Posted by Naked Magnus on December 30th, 2009 @ 10:14am CST
Dead Metal wrote:This is epic. Jetfire looks so very I don't know, valuable? Damn I had hoped I hated this so I could get the normal Buster Prime cos of his head but damn, I can't get both Buster Primes can I?

Both? That is exactly what I am asking myself. I got Buster Prime for Christmas from the wifey. I really like the head without the mask, as a majority of time Prime was without it in the movies. The paint job is AWESOME! But he wore his facemask sometimes and looked really bad ass...what is wrong with having two?
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031912)
Posted by Convotron on December 30th, 2009 @ 11:11am CST
Wow, Jetfire looks great in the photos. I passed on Buster OP...I don't know if I can pass on this set.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031916)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 30th, 2009 @ 11:25am CST
im lovin that jetfire! i might have to get this. :grin:
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031920)
Posted by yellow Camaro on December 30th, 2009 @ 11:43am CST
revengeofstarscream wrote:

Too bad Takara does not sell Buster Prime with a removable facemask. Is it so complicated???
And why this Jetfire repaint is not available separately? I already have Buster and I 've planned to get Jetfire soon. I would get this version but I can't buy another Buster Prime. I think there are a lot of fan like me who get Buster some weeks ago, now we should have the opportunity to get Jetfire alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The same happened with the Shangai attack Demolishor sold in bundle with the twins. I already have the ice-cream twins, how can I get the white demolishor with muddy tracks and loader without getting the twins again??? :-(
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031925)
Posted by Naked Magnus on December 30th, 2009 @ 12:19pm CST
yellow Camaro wrote:

Why??? Because we will still buy it regardless. They are like drug dealers pushing their product on helpless addicts like ourselves. Just one more figure and I will quit...just one more...
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031975)
Posted by 80sgeek on December 30th, 2009 @ 3:11pm CST

If a 3rd party takes my idea for the sphinx head I want royalties! Seriously. I will be pissed if someone does and I don't get anything.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031979)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 30th, 2009 @ 3:30pm CST
80sgeek wrote:I mean how come only Japan gets the cool special figs? Doesn't Hasbro know how much us North American fans SPEND on getting our bot lovin' hands on those import figs????

O, trust me they do. They just like to focus on the kiddies more instead of us since they bring in more money :P

That's simply... I don't believe in coincidence anymore. It's as if people can read my mind, a Buster Prime with a mouthplate! Jetfire being a repaint is a great bonus :)
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1031996)
Posted by Rated X on December 30th, 2009 @ 4:53pm CST
Well after seeing Human Alliance Barricade, we now know Hasbro/Takara had a crap-load of this turd brown paint and they need to get rid of it somehow. It actually looks decent on Jetfire because it resembles rust. However, he wasnt that rusty. Finally they got enough complaints about the mouth and gave Prime a face plate. Proof that they do listen to fans that speak up on forums. I do see Hasbro coming out with this set to cash in at the price of maybe $70.00 so I would never buy it online.
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1032079)
Posted by Mach on December 30th, 2009 @ 9:23pm CST
For those who are still sitting on the fence and can't decide whether to get the first version of Takara Buster Prime or Buster Prime plus Jetfire 2 pack, below are some comparison images of Buster Optimus Prime.

Other than the mouth plate, there are some notable differences between the 2 version. Thanks to Actoys member 神月亮 for pointing out the differences.

Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1032085)
Posted by Naked Magnus on December 30th, 2009 @ 9:42pm CST
80sgeek wrote:I know Hasbro said "no premium figures" but this is something that they'd be stupid to pass up. Release this 2-pack in North America and for an added bonus that would make our TF bros and sis' in the East drool (much like they did for our version of MP Starscream), make Prime's head interchangeable (give BOTH in the pack). Ooh! Ooh! Even BETTER, make 3! No face plate, face plate, powered up sphinx like head (where he had that little curly goatee lookin' thing). AND fix Jetfire's voice. We want Mark Ryan "Behold the GLORY of Jetfire!", not Shrek! I mean how come only Japan gets the cool special figs? Doesn't Hasbro know how much us North American fans SPEND on getting our bot lovin' hands on those import figs????

You forgot a very important one. In addition to:

1) No faceplate
2) Faceplate
3) Goatee faceplate

we also need:

4) 1/2 of a faceplate

The right side of the faceplate is broken off as a result of being kicked in the face by Megatron. This version of buster prime would have all sorts of battle damage painted over those beautiful pin stripes!

I call royalties on that one!!! :P
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1032105)
Posted by Exic on December 30th, 2009 @ 11:06pm CST
I think both of them looks more movie accurate. But the original leader class Optimus Prime and Jetfire are still great
Re: Toy Images of Takara Buster Prime & Jetfire 2 Pack (1032186)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on December 31st, 2009 @ 9:14am CST
I'm so torn on this. If I could get it for maybe $120 shipped, I'd pick it up. But RK and BBTS end up nearly the same after shipping, and I just don't know if I want it at that price. Here's hoping for a BBTS sale.

Ending Soon On eBay

G1 Transformers Reissue SKYWARP TRU Commemorative Series~ - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 31 minutes 36 seconds
G1 Transformers Takara Reissue Collection Soundblaster "Soundwave Vol 18~ - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 31 minutes 35 seconds
G1 Transformers SILVERSTREAK Commemorative Series 3 III~ - Time Remaining: 9 days 4 hours 16 minutes 41 seconds
G1 Transformers MP10-V Optimus Prime Action Figure Metal Diecast - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 32 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Voyager Megatron Action Figure Toy Doll New - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 35 minutes 40 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2015 Year of the Goat Platinum Edition Laser Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 45 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers G1 Green Megatron Action Figure Figurine Toy Doll New in Box - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 6 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Japanese MISB ROTF RA-25 Human Alliance Skids - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 55 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016