Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime

Monday, June 13th, 2011 10:54AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 60,270

OCTA forum member STL has posted a toy review of the Takara Tomy Transformers Dark Of The Moon DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime. The base figure of Optimus Prime has been slightly modified for the brand new Jetwing parts.

However, according to STL, the Jetwing parts are still able to attach onto the old Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Leader Class Optimus Prime.

Click any of the above images to view the full gallery and the review of this highly anticipated figure.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): STL
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238634)
Posted by Sidearm on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:02am CDT
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238635)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:02am CDT
first commit and i hate the gray on optimus, but the colors on't matter because i am going to repaint him.

i was not the first comment. :sad:
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238644)
Posted by Stockade on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:14am CDT
Not impressed!

If it was free, i would give it back.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238645)
Posted by joevill on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:15am CDT
I can already heart wallet screaming in pain.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238647)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:16am CDT
Sidearm wrote:It looks like takara has finally done something i never would have thought of.Make a crappy looking toy! :BANG_HEAD:

YES! someone who agress with me! :lol: im so going for Ultimate prime. plus, i can play with that as a full on tractor trailer :D lol. Trailer and full armours FTW
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238649)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:19am CDT
Oooooooh, the base figure is the Leader version, not the canceled Voyager version. Oops, my bad. :lol: I really like how it came out. :x =P~
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238650)
Posted by rpetras on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:22am CDT
I have to admit I like the display value of the 3 leader class primes together, normal, Jetfire and Jetwing.

However, for me, I'm putting my leader class Primes in storage and using battle blades Voyager Prime with my movie stuff.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238658)
Posted by Actar on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:34am CDT

For one, ROTF Prime actually looks exceedingly accurate to the CG model in both appearance and transformation. The Ultimate Prime has the entire front section of the truck as the arms, wheels and all...

Not to mention, the Jet Pack of Jetwing Prime actually looks like what we saw in the trailers.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238660)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:35am CDT

Something I gotta say...First of all "crappy toy"? IMO the gatling look detailed and the jetwing look awesome compare to the Ultimate version Hasbro did.

Secondly...You do realize Hasbro and Takara both make the toy designs right? That means if a Hasbro toys sucks what you basically saying is Takara sucks too...So really is this REALLY the first time? Try to think about it dude.

Lastly,Takara Tomy isnt a perfect toy company. They make mistakes too...So dont give me crap "Oh I never thought Takara would do a crappy toy!"...Try consider the Henkei,Binaltech/Alternity...Think about it...Takara done atleast one crappy toy on each line...So dont give me crap "Oh it's the first time Takara screwed up !" >.<

On topic...Awesome add-on IMO. Though I wish Takara would release just the Jetwing parts >.<...Cause I really dont need another Leader Prime xP.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238662)
Posted by OlivusPrime on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:35am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:

I agree, this armour is okay, but it just doesn't look like it can form anything. It looks a tad out of place on such a detailed figure. I also really can't be asked to cough up a huge amount of money for an Optimus I already have.

The Ultimate on the other hand, forms a PROPER trailer, and I'm sure with decent transformation (not the mistransformations seen before) the combined bot mode will look great.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238663)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:36am CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:

seriously?... you would choose hasbro's ''ULTIMATE, sorry,''pretty princess fairy prime'' over this. yes it lacks in detailing but the figure itself has to be better. the only reason i would ever get ultimate prime is if i couldn't afford takara's jet prime, or i want the trailer. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238664)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:36am CDT
Actar wrote:While I'll admit that I'm not too happy about the lack of chrome, I have to say it still looks to be a better buy than Hasbro's Ultimate Prime.

Actually, no toy has gotten the correct look. Prime only has 1 pair of wings, not 2.

The other pair is the tailfins from his jet boosters
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238665)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 13th, 2011 @ 11:38am CDT
starwarrior1227 wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:

I own buster. and i dont feel like getting another ROTF prime mold. and yes. I want the trailer. ;D Hey, transformers are still TOYS in the end.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238679)
Posted by OptiMagnus on June 13th, 2011 @ 12:01pm CDT
My wallet is begging me not to do it...

but I may do it.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238681)
Posted by D-340 on June 13th, 2011 @ 12:03pm CDT
starwarrior1227 wrote:
gavinfuzzy wrote:

Gotta agree with you, Fairy Princess Prime is a huge P.O.S. compared to this. I really like Jetwing Prime, but I don't really want to buy another Leader class(I already have the ROTF Leader class). If they did a Voyager version though, I'd be all over it.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238684)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 13th, 2011 @ 12:10pm CDT
Very disappointed with the lack of silver, chrome and white lines around the flames, but not surprised. I suppose they had to cut corners if they were to add all those extra components. Glad I decided against ordering this.

I wish they'd keep the complexity grading the same. As far as I know, most figures come with a scale of 0 to 5 and most are graded 2 or 3. This is now classed as a 3 and is the highest level. Makes it seem like nothing more than an arbitrary box art feature.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238687)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 13th, 2011 @ 12:15pm CDT
so glad i have buster prime. this just looks dumb. like he got fused with a bee or wasp or something.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238689)
Posted by tekering on June 13th, 2011 @ 12:18pm CDT
Nice to see they've made minor improvements to even further improve the accuracy of the leader Prime mold... however, Prime now appears to have an erect penis. Be careful drybrushing that, Radicons!
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238692)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 13th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CDT
and btw, to whoever posted these pics. does his back wheel thingys still peg to his back or did you just leave them off. just curious.
Re: Toy Images of Takara DOTM DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime (1238694)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on June 13th, 2011 @ 12:22pm CDT
actually i dont have any leader prime, so im considering this one, even if it doesnt have the chromed parts
and even if the ULTIMATE is huge, i think is just crap, the armor, the optimus alone
so i dont care and this is more accurated, so im really thinking about getting the jetpack optimus

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering