Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates

Transformers News: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates

Wednesday, September 25th, 2013 12:28PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,491

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Toy News Magazine has published a very nice Transformers supplement to their latest issue, the online version can be found be clicking here. The supplement offers a fairly comprehensive look at the current state of the Transformers brand, including some dates for upcoming events. The supplement also states we can expect to see some Transformers: Age of Extinction products at the Brand Licensing Expo - Europe 2013 in mid October.

The supplement in well worth checking out in full, click here.

  • First Transformers: Age of Extinction Movie Trailer - 1st Quarter 2014
  • Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Street Date - May 1st 2014
  • New Animated Event 4th Quarter 2014
  • Transformers: Age of Extinction Home Release 4th Quarter 2014

Transformers News: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: AOE and Animated Dates
Credit(s): Toy News Magazine
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1519902)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 25th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
So the toys are coming out 2 months before the movie huh?
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1519909)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 25th, 2013 @ 1:50pm CDT
So Age of Extinction toys are being shown off at an event next October? Let's see how much Hasbro fails with these. >:oP

The new animated series debuts in October of next year, or a reveal of it?

Manterax Prime wrote:So the toys are coming out 2 months before the movie huh?


They usually do. Often it's a month prior to the movie's release to get the hype up. They do that with popular games too, such as Halo 4.
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1519918)
Posted by rpetras on September 25th, 2013 @ 2:32pm CDT
"Animated Event"

Wonder if it will be a movie tie in?

The word EVENT, makes it sound like it won't be a new series.
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1519921)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 25th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
rpetras wrote:"Animated Event"

Wonder if it will be a movie tie in?

The word EVENT, makes it sound like it won't be a new series.


Could be the first few episodes put into one long one as some cartoons tend to do.
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1519952)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 25th, 2013 @ 5:26pm CDT
This doesn't seem like news, as we've had some good estimates on this stuff already. I guess it's more like "light confirmation" of what we already knew? >:oP

But yeah, looking forward to those Bayverse toy reveals! I promised the wife that the inevitable disappointment will save us a bundle come next Summer. >:oP
ve
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1519967)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 25th, 2013 @ 7:15pm CDT
That "animated event" has me intrigued. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the old Animated cartoon (a guy can dream, can't he? ;) ), but it could be the premiere of the next cartoon series.

Though, which cartoon series is the question, since it could either be TF: Prime's successor or Rescue Bots's successor. I'm kinda leaning towards the former ince that one was stated to be not coming until good and well after AOE's performance in theaters, while the latter had no such restriction as far as we've heard.

Mindmaster wrote:So Age of Extinction toys are being shown off at an event next October? Let's see how much Hasbro fails with these. >:oP
If they're anything like the ROTF toys, then that's good enough for me. :D

Metrosuplex wrote:This doesn't seem like news, as we've had some good estimates on this stuff already. I guess it's more like "light confirmation" of what we already knew? >:oP

But yeah, looking forward to those Bayverse toy reveals! I promised the wife that the inevitable disappointment will save us a bundle come next Summer. >:oP
ve
News is news, man. Not everyone hears every news story the first time around.
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1520007)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 25th, 2013 @ 9:56pm CDT
So I'm guessing the American release of AOE's line going to be around the same time as the European release, or a little bit before?
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1520010)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 25th, 2013 @ 10:00pm CDT
That timeline on page 3 sure does omit the Beast Era, the Unicron Trilogy, and Animated, while surprisingly giving Robots in Disguise some love.
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1520068)
Posted by Grimlock Predaking on September 26th, 2013 @ 4:59am CDT
I hope they release cyberverse line of AOE line with grimlock and his pals
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1520666)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 29th, 2013 @ 12:12am CDT
AS expected, this supplement just barely mentions the "Thrilling 30". You would think they'd make a bigger point about it, as it's a THIRTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION, but the focus is decidedly on movie-related products, with honorable mentions to Prime BH.

Anyone else similarly alarmed by how the entire Brand team seems to be run by WOMEN (I'm looking at the "Contacts" section)???? I don't want that coming off as sexist, but when you hire nothing but female executives to run what's ultimately a BOY BRAND, I get a little concerned. Is this forward-thinking hiring or just sexism? I've worked in places that prefer women executives, and I frankly see it as an alarming reversal of male-dominated work forces (with an accompanying array of corresponding issues).

However, this only cements the idea (in my mind) that it's all a business, run by pragmatists, not by hobbyists, and hence the often "bone-headed" decisions (i.e. let's print more Otpimus products regardless of how much is still left on shelves).

This supplement is a giant shaft to collectors. They're just briefly mentioned as the money-bags that bring in more children to see the movies and buy product (rather than main/integral buyers of the products). I keep telling myself I can't be any more disappointed in Hasbro, but stuff like this proves me wrong. #-o It's like watching a childhood friend get into heavy drugs. You just don't know them anymore. #-o (I suppose the more apt metaphor would be that it's like watching a childhood friend become a pedophile - you keep waving for their attention, but all they seem to want to do is grab kids). :BOOM:

Sabrblade wrote:That timeline on page 3 sure does omit the Beast Era, the Unicron Trilogy, and Animated, while surprisingly giving Robots in Disguise some love.


I noticed the same thing. You're not implying those elements are going to be in the next movie, are you? :-? I figured it for sloppy summarization.
Re: Toy News Magazine Transformers Supplement Reveals Upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction and Animated Dates (1520715)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 29th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:AS expected, this supplement just barely mentions the "Thrilling 30". You would think they'd make a bigger point about it, as it's a THIRTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION, but the focus is decidedly on movie-related products, with honorable mentions to Prime BH.
I think they see the movie as a the main way of celebrating the 30th anniversary (regardless of whether us fans agree with that or not).

Metrosuplex wrote:Anyone else similarly alarmed by how the entire Brand team seems to be run by WOMEN (I'm looking at the "Contacts" section)????
Those are the Hasbro UK staff members. This is from a European magazine.

Metrosuplex wrote:I don't want that coming off as sexist, but when you hire nothing but female executives to run what's ultimately a BOY BRAND, I get a little concerned. Is this forward-thinking hiring or just sexism? I've worked in places that prefer women executives, and I frankly see it as an alarming reversal of male-dominated work forces (with an accompanying array of corresponding issues).
Hasbro makes toys for both boys and girls. These particular people don't work specifically on the Transformers brand, but on all of Hasbro's brands, including the girl-based ones.

Metrosuplex wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:That timeline on page 3 sure does omit the Beast Era, the Unicron Trilogy, and Animated, while surprisingly giving Robots in Disguise some love.


I noticed the same thing. You're not implying those elements are going to be in the next movie, are you? :-? I figured it for sloppy summarization.
Someone pointed out to me elsewhere that that timeline might just be indicating which main lines had toys based on licensed vehicle designs, which G1, G2, RiD, and the movies all had (Prime's inclusion is likely just cuz it's what the current line is).

A particular case with RiD involved Side Burn's Super Mode toy requiring Dodge's license and logo put on the toy so Hasbro could release it. ;)

As for why a line like Alternators isn't shown, well, simply put, it wasn't the main line of its time. The UT lines were. ;)
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014