Transformers News: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 11:35PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 38,315

Disappointed that Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Class Evasion Mode Optimus Prime isn't scene accurate? You'll be happy to know there will be at least one version out there that strives for film accuracy, however it's exclusive to Toys"R"Us Japan. They've just listed a more movie accurate deco with faceplate version on their website. It's listed for 4999 Yen, and scheduled to release on August 10th. Keep an eye on our sponsors, as they will likely be importing this figure. Official images mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Toys"R"Us Japan

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580442)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 8th, 2014 @ 11:39pm CDT
Houston, we have a winner!

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Now comes the hard part of actually trying to get it.

:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580443)
Posted by Siger on June 8th, 2014 @ 11:53pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Houston, we have a winner!

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Now comes the hard part of actually trying to get it.

:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:

Ahahah, they made what you wanted! Don't worry, BBTS will probably have it. Just gotta check every second for the pre-order before they run out. 8-}
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580444)
Posted by Burn on June 8th, 2014 @ 11:57pm CDT
Nope, still too bright looking for my taste.

Needs to be more darker.
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580446)
Posted by megatronus on June 9th, 2014 @ 12:13am CDT
Sigh - all I want is AD-02 colors w/ faceplate...
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580448)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 9th, 2014 @ 12:16am CDT
Not too bad as that is a hard paint job to pull off.
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580450)
Posted by Maggotron on June 9th, 2014 @ 12:22am CDT
I kinda like that Prime, nice and weathered. Maybe the next waves of movie toys will be better.
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580453)
Posted by Regimus Prime on June 9th, 2014 @ 12:51am CDT
I for one believe that the domestic Hasbro Evasion Prime release should have received the face plate treatment and this mold should have been released sans the face plate. If the US version is supposed to harken back to the '84 color scheme and pull at the heart strings of G1ners then the face plate should have been included. Still I like both molds. I purchased two so far. One to remain MISB and the other for display. I opened one today and it is probably one of my all time favorite TF movie verse figures. Great joints and paint job. My only gripe would be the elbow articulation. The one big plus about the AOE line (at least the voyager and leader class molds) is that you can remove the figures from their plastic and re box them in their plastic without destroying the packaging. Takara has been doing that for years. Hasbro has followed suit recently. I noticed this upon opening a few Marvel Legends figures from Captain America TWS and the Amazing Spider-Man 2 :BOT:
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580454)
Posted by STngAR on June 9th, 2014 @ 1:07am CDT
All I'm seeing is a gray bot with some rust color here and there. Not even close for me.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580455)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 9th, 2014 @ 1:14am CDT
FINALLY!!! oh well, robot mode... nice try, poor apps

I think Hasbro color apps machines are not working or out of ink... :-x
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580459)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 9th, 2014 @ 1:40am CDT
looks too clean & bright,should be more of an off white with a hell of a lot more "rust". I dont think this mold is ever going to get a good paint job by hasbro or takara
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580460)
Posted by shocksound96 on June 9th, 2014 @ 1:44am CDT
=P~ :KREMZEEK:
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580463)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 9th, 2014 @ 1:54am CDT
Doesn't look that bad to me, and I like that Transforming gift card too.
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580466)
Posted by That Bot on June 9th, 2014 @ 2:51am CDT
....shit, I'm gonna have to get this, aren't I? It may not be 100% absolutely perfect, but it's good enough for me.
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580468)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 9th, 2014 @ 3:01am CDT
I think the final figure may have less "rust" than this is showing. I bet its hand painted and as they paint more and more it will become tiresome and they just wont put as much effort or care in.

The bot mode needs more paint, he suddenly becomes Ultra Magnus's cab bot when he transforms

I do like it though.
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580472)
Posted by frogbat on June 9th, 2014 @ 3:31am CDT
well impressed with this but I agree re the faceplates this one should be without and the g1 deco should be with

wonder how many will buy 1 of each and switch
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580478)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on June 9th, 2014 @ 4:43am CDT
LOL that card transforms more than AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime.
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580480)
Posted by LeL on June 9th, 2014 @ 5:39am CDT
Still the custom Optimus turns out far better.... :-?
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580483)
Posted by Ravage XK on June 9th, 2014 @ 6:06am CDT
LeL wrote:Still the custom Optimus turns out far better.... :-?

Well it would wouldn't it? Much more time and effort put into a custom figure than a mass produced figure.
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580488)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on June 9th, 2014 @ 7:06am CDT
OHHH...me likey. I'm gonna stalk this figure until he's available. :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:
Re: Toys"R"Us Japan Exclusive Transformers: Lost Age "Rusty" Evasion Mode Optimus Prime (1580489)
Posted by Rated X on June 9th, 2014 @ 7:07am CDT
So little rust ? Why the grey ? It looks more like primer than rust to me ? The whole figure should have been rusty orange with patches of dark brown...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem