Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations

Transformers News: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations

Sunday, July 1st, 2007 2:46AM CDT

Category: Editorials
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 13,162

Neil White of Thestate.com has written a article about a man named Gordon Muldrow who has been a Transformer fan since the begining. This is a nice article that probably reflects a lot of us, it's worth taking a look.

You can view the article here.
Credit(s): Neil White of Thestate.com
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (192882)
Posted by wavelength on July 1st, 2007 @ 4:45am CDT
i thought botcon started in 1994 byt only became the official convention after the OTFCC fiasco?
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193072)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 1st, 2007 @ 10:15am CDT
That was a good read, I remember lossing my early collection a couple times.

But once I got my own money and room, it was on and is still running!
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193099)
Posted by King Grimrob on July 1st, 2007 @ 10:33am CDT

RIP Metroplex, Optimus Prime, Dinobots, Headmasters, Sideswipe. to name a few.
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193105)
Posted by kendragon on July 1st, 2007 @ 10:37am CDT
King Grimrob wrote:I dodged that bullet of the "mom throwing out the collection" but I didn't get very far. Between age, wear/tear, cats/dogs, siblings, friends of said siblings. My collection either fell into obscurity or died painful plastic stressing death.

RIP Metroplex, Optimus Prime, Dinobots, Headmasters, Sideswipe. to name a few.

Yeah that pretty sums up my collection too... I saw an auction for an original shockwave there recently and it brought a tear to my eye thinkin back on my own one... that toy went with me everywhere when i was a sprog. I still dont know what became of it... guessing it went with a room clearout.
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193110)
Posted by Fussion on July 1st, 2007 @ 10:41am CDT
"GORDON MULDROW’S FAVORITE FACTS"

• Cullen based his portrayal of the character off of John Wayne. Cullen also is the voice of Optimus Prime in the new live-action movie; it’s the first time he has played the character since the original cartoon.

Sorry Gordon it's Peter's brother Larry based his portrayal. You don't win the Transfan award.....
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193246)
Posted by dj_funk_gut on July 1st, 2007 @ 12:57pm CDT
Fussion wrote:"GORDON MULDROW’S FAVORITE FACTS"

Did you really base the character on John Wayne?

Cullen: No, the John Wayne part of it really just came out in certain expressions. [What I was reading was] almost John Wayne lines, so I had to work to keep Optimus' own identity. John Wayne has a deep-end voice, and for a truck to have a high voice would be ridiculous. So I had to give him that basic imprint of the low-end voice. John Wayne was never intended to be the sound, but he did come out every now and then.
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193427)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 1st, 2007 @ 3:55pm CDT
well i wouldnt count G2 as an actual series since it was just the original with new bumpers and swipes...lol

but has there really been a series in production every year? i know japan made a few more series after G1 ended in north america but didnt all those finish or end before the 90s or least early into them?
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (203145)
Posted by Lord Yamaha on July 6th, 2007 @ 12:17pm CDT
Hey guys,

I'm the guy they did the story about. They'd asked me for some interesting Transformers info, and I tried to give some interesting stuff. Sorry if I got any of the info wrong. I'm glad you guys seemed to enjoy the article. I wanted to let them know that it was respectable collecting hobby, and there are still a good many people who grew up with the show that are still actitively involved.

G!
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (203146)
Posted by Lord Yamaha on July 6th, 2007 @ 12:18pm CDT
Hey guys,

G!
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (203151)
Posted by Duke of Luns on July 6th, 2007 @ 12:41pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:

Yep, there's been new figures every year for the past 20+ years: http://www.tfu.info/year/index.htm

91 and 92 were all about the Japanese and European releases. I think it's cause of the continued success of Transformers in Europe that G2 happend at all.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers ROTF SHADOW COMMAND MEGATRON MISB NEW RARE SEALED! - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 42 minutes 46 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Mega Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 43 minutes 6 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1 Powermaster "OPTIMUS PRIME" Complete w/ Box MIB 1988 - Time Remaining: 24 days 5 hours 59 minutes 12 seconds
2004 Transformers RID Alternators Swindle Yellow Jeep Wrangler MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 29 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Transformers Movie RA-24 Buster Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 32 minutes 7 seconds
Vintage Transformers JETFIRE Robotech Valkyrie? Bandai 1984 Custom Pistol - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 48 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Platinum Ed Masterpiece Laserbeak LSE ONLY Soundwave Year of the Go - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 33 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers ROTF 3-PK Fury of Fearswoop New n Box! - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 20 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory