Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations

Transformers News: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations

Sunday, July 1st, 2007 2:46AM CDT

Category: Editorials
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 12,821

Neil White of Thestate.com has written a article about a man named Gordon Muldrow who has been a Transformer fan since the begining. This is a nice article that probably reflects a lot of us, it's worth taking a look.

You can view the article here.
Credit(s): Neil White of Thestate.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (192882)
Posted by wavelength on July 1st, 2007 @ 4:45am CDT
i thought botcon started in 1994 byt only became the official convention after the OTFCC fiasco?
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193072)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 1st, 2007 @ 10:15am CDT
That was a good read, I remember lossing my early collection a couple times.

But once I got my own money and room, it was on and is still running!
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193099)
Posted by King Grimrob on July 1st, 2007 @ 10:33am CDT

RIP Metroplex, Optimus Prime, Dinobots, Headmasters, Sideswipe. to name a few.
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193105)
Posted by kendragon on July 1st, 2007 @ 10:37am CDT
King Grimrob wrote:I dodged that bullet of the "mom throwing out the collection" but I didn't get very far. Between age, wear/tear, cats/dogs, siblings, friends of said siblings. My collection either fell into obscurity or died painful plastic stressing death.

RIP Metroplex, Optimus Prime, Dinobots, Headmasters, Sideswipe. to name a few.

Yeah that pretty sums up my collection too... I saw an auction for an original shockwave there recently and it brought a tear to my eye thinkin back on my own one... that toy went with me everywhere when i was a sprog. I still dont know what became of it... guessing it went with a room clearout.
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193110)
Posted by Fussion on July 1st, 2007 @ 10:41am CDT
"GORDON MULDROW’S FAVORITE FACTS"

• Cullen based his portrayal of the character off of John Wayne. Cullen also is the voice of Optimus Prime in the new live-action movie; it’s the first time he has played the character since the original cartoon.

Sorry Gordon it's Peter's brother Larry based his portrayal. You don't win the Transfan award.....
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193246)
Posted by dj_funk_gut on July 1st, 2007 @ 12:57pm CDT
Fussion wrote:"GORDON MULDROW’S FAVORITE FACTS"

Did you really base the character on John Wayne?

Cullen: No, the John Wayne part of it really just came out in certain expressions. [What I was reading was] almost John Wayne lines, so I had to work to keep Optimus' own identity. John Wayne has a deep-end voice, and for a truck to have a high voice would be ridiculous. So I had to give him that basic imprint of the low-end voice. John Wayne was never intended to be the sound, but he did come out every now and then.
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (193427)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 1st, 2007 @ 3:55pm CDT
well i wouldnt count G2 as an actual series since it was just the original with new bumpers and swipes...lol

but has there really been a series in production every year? i know japan made a few more series after G1 ended in north america but didnt all those finish or end before the 90s or least early into them?
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (203145)
Posted by Lord Yamaha on July 6th, 2007 @ 12:17pm CDT
Hey guys,

I'm the guy they did the story about. They'd asked me for some interesting Transformers info, and I tried to give some interesting stuff. Sorry if I got any of the info wrong. I'm glad you guys seemed to enjoy the article. I wanted to let them know that it was respectable collecting hobby, and there are still a good many people who grew up with the show that are still actitively involved.

G!
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (203146)
Posted by Lord Yamaha on July 6th, 2007 @ 12:18pm CDT
Hey guys,

G!
Re: Transformer Toys, Movies Still Capture Imaginations (203151)
Posted by Duke of Luns on July 6th, 2007 @ 12:41pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:

Yep, there's been new figures every year for the past 20+ years: http://www.tfu.info/year/index.htm

91 and 92 were all about the Japanese and European releases. I think it's cause of the continued success of Transformers in Europe that G2 happend at all.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Ultimate Bumblebee Battle Charged New Revenge of the Fallen Camaro - Time Remaining: 6 days 23 hours 58 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers PREMIUM JAZZ MISB NEW MINT HTF 2008 - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 41 seconds
Transformers Animated Shockwave TA-14 Takara Tomy NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 32 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Onslaught AF!!! - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 33 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON RID BLASTCHARGE vs HIGH WIRE MINI CON CLASS 2 PACK RID - Time Remaining: 7 days 15 hours 18 minutes 9 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Original Vintage 1985 Dinobot Swoop with Tech Specs - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 3 minutes 38 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure - Time Remaining: 14 days 16 hours 20 minutes 48 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Class Sky-Byte Figure - Time Remaining: 14 days 20 hours 5 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive