Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 2 Loses Release Date?

Transformers News: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date?

Monday, December 31st, 2007 11:06AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 71,919

It was previously reported that the Dreamworks/Paramount sequel to the Transformers Movie had been giving a release date of June 26th 2009 - but the film risks being delayed because of the ongoing strikes by the Writers' Guild in Hollywood, and now the Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Transformers 2 is "un-slotted". Could this mean that the film is finally feeling the affects of the writers' strike, or could the Hollywood Reporter simply be unaware of the previously announced release date?

Read the entire article here.

Some will suggest that DreamWorks' production operations will be upended if Steven Spielberg and David Geffen bolt Par when their personal contracts expire in November. But the pair remain actively engaged in several ongoing projects, including the as-yet-unslotted "Transformers 2."

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more information as it becomes available. And click here for more on the Transformers Movie and its sequel.
Credit(s): Superherohype.com, The Hollywood Reporter
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589500)
Posted by Lord T on December 31st, 2007 @ 11:23am CST
I'm not surprised given the state of the writers guild.
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589504)
Posted by dabattousai on December 31st, 2007 @ 11:27am CST
I hope not :?
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589526)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 31st, 2007 @ 11:44am CST
This better be nothing more than a mere rumor.
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589532)
Posted by Omega Charge on December 31st, 2007 @ 11:47am CST
This conversation is to be expected. TF2 comes out when it comes out.
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589540)
Posted by Mechabreaker on December 31st, 2007 @ 11:51am CST
I hope this is only a rumor as well...
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589553)
Posted by DesalationReborn on December 31st, 2007 @ 11:58am CST
Fire all the writers, I say !!! :evil:
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589560)
Posted by bumblezzz on December 31st, 2007 @ 12:05pm CST
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589565)
Posted by Agent 007 on December 31st, 2007 @ 12:18pm CST
bumblezzz wrote:If you ask me, if they need writers, then ask the FANS!!!! Not some ***hole poseing as one. we the fans would make transformers 2 150% better then the first.

Dude I don't think that would work very well, all fans don't think alike, and tf 2 would take a real long time to get a script out due to the fans argueing 24/7 about who should be in it and what not, sure the writers should get ideas from fans, but I don't think it's a good idea to let us write it. U want tf2 to come out in the next year right? :lol:
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589604)
Posted by SoooTrypticon on December 31st, 2007 @ 12:56pm CST
Huzzah! Now all we need is to wait a few years for a reboot. Hopefully this will be handled the same way as the new Hulk film- where we just forget about the terrible first one, and make a whole new continuity with new actors, designs, and plot.

Here's to waiting!
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589679)
Posted by Roadbuster on December 31st, 2007 @ 2:06pm CST
DesalationReborn wrote:Fire all the writers, I say !!! :evil:

Actually it's the fault of the greedy Hollywood Execs not giving writters a fair share.
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589756)
Posted by DesalationReborn on December 31st, 2007 @ 3:17pm CST
Roadbuster wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:Fire all the writers, I say !!! :evil:

Furthermore, I haven't been impressed with much that comes out of Hollywood, anyway, and a surge of new blood would be a welcome change to the industry.
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589779)
Posted by Robinson on December 31st, 2007 @ 3:47pm CST

Here's to waiting!

Here's to saying the same thing over, and over, and over, and over until you are blue in the face.
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589833)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 31st, 2007 @ 4:48pm CST
DesalationReborn wrote:
Roadbuster wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:Fire all the writers, I say !!! :evil:

Yes! Thank you! New writers would be a great idea. I mean look at SNL, it's one of the unfunniest shows around. The skits don't work, but they'll sure try and make it so. And most of the cast/writers go onto other TV and movie projects (30 Rock comes to mind) and I find none of it funny, or entertaining.

So what are we really battling with them for? Yeah, they deserve their share of the cut, but we also deserve better material. These recent shows and movies have been nothing short of craptastic.
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589852)
Posted by DesalationReborn on December 31st, 2007 @ 5:11pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:
DesalationReborn wrote:Hardly, I would say. They fork over the millions of dollars for anything ever done in film, and thus suffer the most risk, so they get the biggest cut of the earnings. Though I would agree this issue of online revenue needs to be settled, sacrificing money they could be earning now for pennies they could be earning later is just stupid.

I would mention the rumor going around now was that 90% of the SNL cast was just recently fired. :lol:
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589858)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on December 31st, 2007 @ 5:12pm CST
Whatever Happens Happens :-?
Re: Transformers 2 Loses Release Date? (589907)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 31st, 2007 @ 6:07pm CST
DesalationReborn wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

If true (which is not out of the realm of possibility, because I hear Lorne Michaels is a PRICK about the cast, especially when they want to spread their wings and go onto bigger and better things...) it's great news. Half the cast was terrible.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip