Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed

Friday, June 28th, 2013 6:36AM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 22,592

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Michael Bay has given us a look at another alt mode for Transformers 4. This one is a shiny looking 2014 Argosy cab-over truck by Freightliner. Who this character is remains to be seen but many are screaming Motormaster.

Michael Bay wrote:The adventure continues to transform with a very different offering from Daimler Trucks North America . . . the imposing 2014 Argosy cab-over truck by Freightliner. High Resolution photo: http://bayhem.com/1akzqZb


Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.
Credit(s): MichaelBay.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498615)
Posted by Lilformerz on June 28th, 2013 @ 6:55am CDT
Hmm motormaster... Maybe they are making stunticons because they have that other dead end looking vehicle :???:
But maybe its ultra Magnus? :-? :BOT:
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498616)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 28th, 2013 @ 7:01am CDT
Nemesis Prime? There is the trashed version from earlier, which this probably upgrades to. Stunticons would cool too, of course.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498617)
Posted by MeGrimlocks on June 28th, 2013 @ 7:01am CDT
I would be more apt to saying this is Ultra Magnus than Motor Master. That's going by the blue lights and the colours being hidden.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498618)
Posted by MeGrimlocks on June 28th, 2013 @ 7:02am CDT
I would be more apt to saying this is Ultra Magnus than Motor Master. That's going by the blue lights and the colours being hidden.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498620)
Posted by Jack Hallows on June 28th, 2013 @ 7:23am CDT
that is not no damn motormaster.

i think i may get my wish, though. which is to see ultra magnus & kup.

this being magnus and the rusted cab being kup. but who knows, i just hope the movie strives for quality over quantity.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498621)
Posted by wnburn on June 28th, 2013 @ 7:41am CDT
The fact that it's a cab over implies Motormaster. The other reveals were a little to flashy/exotic to be autobots. I know mirage was a Ferrari, and Optimus is not exactly subtle, and it's Bay we are talking about, but the exotics just strike me more as Decepticons. If it is the Stunticons, let's hope Hasbro doesn't screw it up and make a vehicle combiner without individual robot modes, or produce 3 and drop the rest. I would be ok with a human alliance version as well.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498624)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:02am CDT
Must buy.... black prime.... can't resit....
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498625)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:10am CDT
Interesting, the picture is gray scale, with digitally added blue lights. Meaning we have no idea what the colour scheme on this is going to be.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498627)
Posted by dedcat on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:21am CDT
Given bay's track record, it will be yet another completely generic and wholly interchangeable (and forgettable) character, who is identified not my any sort of personality or character development, but by a corny accent or goofy gimmick.

It may as well be Sky Lynx.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498628)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:36am CDT
To me it looks like Classics Nemesis Prime.

Image

Image
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498630)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:48am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:To me it looks like Classics Nemesis Prime.

Image

Image



You're right it does look similar. You think they might cheap out on the toy and re-release the old classics Nemesis Prime in the new movie line? I really hope not. Can't stop buying Black Primes!!
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498631)
Posted by DonimusPrime on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:53am CDT
I think it looks great! I so hope this is Motormaster and those cars on the trailer were Stunticons. If its Magnus that would be cool as well. The truck design is amazing, looks bad ass!
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498649)
Posted by MeGrimlocks on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:44am CDT
Very good find....Also looking at Nemesis Prime Wiki,

Nemesis Prime appears in his self-titled episode of Transformers: Prime. Nemesis Prime is a clone of Optimus Prime created by M.E.C.H. as the prototype of "Project: Chimera" complete with Cybertronian technology, a supply of Energon, and Starscream's Transformation Cog. Nemesis Prime's color scheme is the same as Optimus', but with duller coloring. He also has yellow optics.



This kinda falls into the plot of movie about Cybertronian tech getting into the wrong hands.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498650)
Posted by MeGrimlocks on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:47am CDT
Wasn't Nemesis Prime made by MECH after they got a hold of Cybertronian tech which falls into the plot of the movie ?
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498665)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:51am CDT
This alt mode would have been perfect for Optimus Prime instead of that "Pimp my Ride" abomination they are using.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498666)
Posted by Dean ML on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:57am CDT
I hope they make a LOT of leader figs for this flick. Scale appropriate, too. Not like that Bumblebee and Ironhide crap with the last one.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498668)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:10am CDT
You guys do realize that that is a manipulated photo and for all anyone knows that dark color could be Forest Green or Navy Blue and what you think is Silver could well be Metallic Pink.
For Primus' sake folks, why don't all of you just stand in line for your t-shirt that says "I'm Bay's Bitch" across both the front AND back of it because seriously, you all are nothing more than an exercise in psychological manipulation. Never mind the fact that probably half of these supposed characters y'all are being teased with will be nothing more than a passing memory on the cutting room floor anyways.
If all of you want to play the game however, I can't stop you but personally I am not a fan of letting some arrogant, egocentric, pompous ass yank my chain in any way, shape or form. Yeah, it's a cool truck... great design, has a lot of potential... for a hundred other things related to the film industry ASIDE from being a potential movie character!!
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498672)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
I feel like Motormaster wouldn't have light blue lights all over him. If I had to guess, I'd wager it's 'ol Nemesis, especially given that the rusted out cab we saw was all G1 Optimus Prime underneath.

mooncake623 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:To me it looks like Classics Nemesis Prime.

Image

Image



You're right it does look similar. You think they might cheap out on the toy and re-release the old classics Nemesis Prime in the new movie line? I really hope not. Can't stop buying Black Primes!!

I could go for another good Classics Prime repaint, haha. It's just SUCH a good mold! :grin:
Shame it won't happen, it'll be a new movie-style mold, of course.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498675)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:43am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:You guys do realize that that is a manipulated photo and for all anyone knows that dark color could be Forest Green or Navy Blue and what you think is Silver could well be Metallic Pink.
For Primus' sake folks, why don't all of you just stand in line for your t-shirt that says "I'm Bay's Bitch" across both the front AND back of it because seriously, you all are nothing more than an exercise in psychological manipulation. blah blah blah


That's enough, Debbie Downer, now go back to your troll hole. :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498678)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 28th, 2013 @ 11:53am CDT
everyone who said prime cant be a cabover was just proven wrong, that would make a much better prime than this pimp my ride crap. But anyway i say magnus but with all the top end sports cars on set im leaning more towards motormaster. You have to remember they dont care about colors in these movies, just remember sideswipe & ironhide. Wonder if they'll get combiners right this time, probably not.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498690)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CDT
Hmm. That would explain the overabundance of fancy cars. I realize these movies are basically one long ad for General Motors and Hasbro, but we've already seen bits and pieces of the core Autobot team, unless there's going to be a HUGE Autobot team this time, those other cars must have a purpose other than to sit there and just look pretty.

If this is Motormaster, then those other very pretty cars could definitely be the Stunticons.

Which would be awesome. And Hasbro's answer to FansProject's Intimidator. (I'm still buying Intimidator. I'll have room on my shelf for a Hasbro Menasor, too.)
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498695)
Posted by rpetras on June 28th, 2013 @ 1:02pm CDT
Based on G1 look to movie incarnations, my guess is Sky Lynx!
8-} 8-} 8-}
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498715)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 2:45pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. That would explain the overabundance of fancy cars. I realize these movies are basically one long ad for General Motors and Hasbro, but we've already seen bits and pieces of the core Autobot team, unless there's going to be a HUGE Autobot team this time, those other cars must have a purpose other than to sit there and just look pretty.

If this is Motormaster, then those other very pretty cars could definitely be the Stunticons.

Which would be awesome. And Hasbro's answer to FansProject's Intimidator. (I'm still buying Intimidator. I'll have room on my shelf for a Hasbro Menasor, too.)


If these are indeed Movie-styled Stunticons, I'd probably get them over Intimidator, only because they're way out of my budget. Just hope that he doesn't turn out to be an ape like Revenge of the Fallen Devastator...
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498737)
Posted by TimothyR on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:28pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:You guys do realize that that is a manipulated photo and for all anyone knows that dark color could be Forest Green or Navy Blue and what you think is Silver could well be Metallic Pink.
For Primus' sake folks, why don't all of you just stand in line for your t-shirt that says "I'm Bay's Bitch" across both the front AND back of it because seriously, you all are nothing more than an exercise in psychological manipulation. Never mind the fact that probably half of these supposed characters y'all are being teased with will be nothing more than a passing memory on the cutting room floor anyways.
If all of you want to play the game however, I can't stop you but personally I am not a fan of letting some arrogant, egocentric, pompous ass yank my chain in any way, shape or form. Yeah, it's a cool truck... great design, has a lot of potential... for a hundred other things related to the film industry ASIDE from being a potential movie character!!


Why bother even looking at the movie news?

A lot of people enjoy looking at the new vehicles and speculate on who they might be.

Nothing more than a passing memory on the cutting room floor? How do you figure that exactly?
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498738)
Posted by TimothyR on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:31pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. That would explain the overabundance of fancy cars. I realize these movies are basically one long ad for General Motors and Hasbro, but we've already seen bits and pieces of the core Autobot team, unless there's going to be a HUGE Autobot team this time, those other cars must have a purpose other than to sit there and just look pretty.

If this is Motormaster, then those other very pretty cars could definitely be the Stunticons.

Which would be awesome. And Hasbro's answer to FansProject's Intimidator. (I'm still buying Intimidator. I'll have room on my shelf for a Hasbro Menasor, too.)


If these are indeed Movie-styled Stunticons, I'd probably get them over Intimidator, only because they're way out of my budget. Just hope that he doesn't turn out to be an ape like Revenge of the Fallen Devastator...


Yeah, I would hope it doesn't end up like devastator, or that thing they tried to pass off as bruticus. I mean seriously, it was 2012.. And bruticus was the best they could do? It's pathetic.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498739)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. That would explain the overabundance of fancy cars. I realize these movies are basically one long ad for General Motors and Hasbro, but we've already seen bits and pieces of the core Autobot team, unless there's going to be a HUGE Autobot team this time, those other cars must have a purpose other than to sit there and just look pretty.

If this is Motormaster, then those other very pretty cars could definitely be the Stunticons.

Which would be awesome. And Hasbro's answer to FansProject's Intimidator. (I'm still buying Intimidator. I'll have room on my shelf for a Hasbro Menasor, too.)


If these are indeed Movie-styled Stunticons, I'd probably get them over Intimidator, only because they're way out of my budget. Just hope that he doesn't turn out to be an ape like Revenge of the Fallen Devastator...


Yeah, I would hope it doesn't end up like devastator, or that thing they tried to pass off as bruticus. I mean seriously, it was 2012.. And bruticus was the best they could do? It's pathetic.


I... I actually like Fall of Cybertron Bruticus...
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498748)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CDT
I'd be happy with Motormaster or Nemesis Prime. In fact, for years I've wanted third party trailer armour for Classics Nemesis that resesembled Motormaster.

I like the idea that Motormaster could be a Matrix Templar/ possess an affinity for the Matrix. It would add to his rivalry with Optimus. Just give him a G1-esque face like Movie Prime not some six eyed alien face with a robot beard.

If Nemesis Prime were the villain, it would follow the trend of the last two movies where the villain was a fallen Prime.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498775)
Posted by ArkhamCityClayface on June 28th, 2013 @ 5:25pm CDT
Yeah I am definately going with Motor Master on this one! We have not seen the stunticons for such a long time!
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498776)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 5:28pm CDT
ArkhamCityClayface wrote:Yeah I am definately going with Motor Master on this one! We have not seen the stunticons for such a long time!


But what about War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron Breakdown and Dragstrip? Then we have that Bot Shots set of Stunticons, and TFSS Breakdown... ;)

I get what you mean, actual fictional appearances of the Stunticons and Menasor.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498779)
Posted by Lordfrost on June 28th, 2013 @ 5:32pm CDT
Is it just me or does this Truck/Motormaster look like a Cylon Head?

Image
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498809)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2013 @ 6:20pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. That would explain the overabundance of fancy cars. I realize these movies are basically one long ad for General Motors and Hasbro, but we've already seen bits and pieces of the core Autobot team, unless there's going to be a HUGE Autobot team this time, those other cars must have a purpose other than to sit there and just look pretty.

If this is Motormaster, then those other very pretty cars could definitely be the Stunticons.

Which would be awesome. And Hasbro's answer to FansProject's Intimidator. (I'm still buying Intimidator. I'll have room on my shelf for a Hasbro Menasor, too.)


If these are indeed Movie-styled Stunticons, I'd probably get them over Intimidator, only because they're way out of my budget. Just hope that he doesn't turn out to be an ape like Revenge of the Fallen Devastator...


Yeah, I would hope it doesn't end up like devastator, or that thing they tried to pass off as bruticus. I mean seriously, it was 2012.. And bruticus was the best they could do? It's pathetic.


I... I actually like Fall of Cybertron Bruticus...

Most people -do- like it, despite it's flaws (that's why they've repainted it SO MANY TIMES) :lol: . The ones that don't are just the vocal minority.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498810)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 6:21pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:Hmm. That would explain the overabundance of fancy cars. I realize these movies are basically one long ad for General Motors and Hasbro, but we've already seen bits and pieces of the core Autobot team, unless there's going to be a HUGE Autobot team this time, those other cars must have a purpose other than to sit there and just look pretty.

If this is Motormaster, then those other very pretty cars could definitely be the Stunticons.

Which would be awesome. And Hasbro's answer to FansProject's Intimidator. (I'm still buying Intimidator. I'll have room on my shelf for a Hasbro Menasor, too.)


If these are indeed Movie-styled Stunticons, I'd probably get them over Intimidator, only because they're way out of my budget. Just hope that he doesn't turn out to be an ape like Revenge of the Fallen Devastator...


Yeah, I would hope it doesn't end up like devastator, or that thing they tried to pass off as bruticus. I mean seriously, it was 2012.. And bruticus was the best they could do? It's pathetic.


I... I actually like Fall of Cybertron Bruticus...

Most people -do- like it, despite it's flaws (that's why they've repainted it SO MANY TIMES) :lol: . The ones that don't are just the vocal minority.


And to be fair, it's hard to engineer a group of poseable robots that convert into alien craft, while giving a majority of them the power to transform into two different limbs for a combined mode.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498812)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2013 @ 6:27pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
RAcast wrote:Most people -do- like it, despite it's flaws (that's why they've repainted it SO MANY TIMES) :lol: . The ones that don't are just the vocal minority.


And to be fair, it's hard to engineer a group of poseable robots that convert into alien craft, while giving a majority of them the power to transform into two different limbs for a combined mode.

Their only real problem is the budget thing that happened with the FoC deluxes, being thin and light. If that hadn't been the case, I sincerely doubt anyone would have had any substantive complaints.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498876)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:50pm CDT
Izzat Scourge?
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498880)
Posted by RAcast on June 28th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Izzat Scourge?

Given that we saw a rusted-out flat nose cab with a paintjob clearly inspired by G1 Optimus, and that this flat nose cab is Black-and-silver (with blue highlights no less), it's probably Scourge! :grin:
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498891)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:21pm CDT
Regardless of who it may or may not be. That is a really far out customization on a cab over. I can't decide if it's actually "cool" or not but it's certainly unique.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1498925)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 28th, 2013 @ 10:52pm CDT
Never mind. Sorry folks.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499023)
Posted by MeGrimlocks on June 29th, 2013 @ 7:05am CDT
Some new videos of the Frieghtliner chasing Optimus Prime (which is Black/Grey and White) and possibly a decepticon chashed by Autobot ?



Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499235)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Fellow Seibertron member MeGrimlocks has pointed us in the direction of Transformers 4 Michigan filming footage provided by YouTube user thelifeofyourtime. In this footage you can see Optimus Prime being chased by what is suspected to be Motormaster, complete with roadside explosions.

MeGrimlocks wrote:Some new videos of the Frieghtliner chasing Optimus Prime (which is Black/Grey and White) and possibly a decepticon chashed by Autobot ?





Looks like it's going to be intense and a lot of fun! Gonna be watching when it comes out next summer? Check out the videos above, and feel free to join the discussion and give us your thoughts and comments.

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, and the best galleries around!
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499237)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:29pm CDT
If that is indeed Motormaster, then it would seem that the sudden influx of cars are actually a mix of Autobots and Decepticons, Stunticons to be precise, rather than fully Autobots.

Just don't screw up the combined mode, if they decide to have them combine. >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499241)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:35pm CDT
That's awesome. I've traveled that stretch a few times. Pretty cool.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499245)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 29th, 2013 @ 5:43pm CDT
Awww yeah Motormaster! I was thinking that the previous comments about some of these exotic cars being Decepticons sounded logical, and I was thinking that truck couldn't be Ultra Magnus...

Plus, Bay already did Devastator, so its not unreasonable to hope for Menasor! Plus, he made the comment about pleasing fans, so maybe this is what he meant....
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499274)
Posted by RAcast on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:35pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Awww yeah Motormaster! I was thinking that the previous comments about some of these exotic cars being Decepticons sounded logical, and I was thinking that truck couldn't be Ultra Magnus...

Plus, Bay already did Devastator, so its not unreasonable to hope for Menasor! Plus, he made the comment about pleasing fans, so maybe this is what he meant....

It's worth keeping that rusted-out flatnose cab we saw awhile back, with the G1 Optimus Prime silver stripe (and flames, because Bayverse). My money's on it being Scourge/Nemesis Prime.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499316)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:19pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:Awww yeah Motormaster! I was thinking that the previous comments about some of these exotic cars being Decepticons sounded logical, and I was thinking that truck couldn't be Ultra Magnus...

Plus, Bay already did Devastator, so its not unreasonable to hope for Menasor! Plus, he made the comment about pleasing fans, so maybe this is what he meant....

It's worth keeping that rusted-out flatnose cab we saw awhile back, with the G1 Optimus Prime silver stripe (and flames, because Bayverse). My money's on it being Scourge/Nemesis Prime.


BECAUSE it's Bayverse, as you stated by bringing up the flames on the silver rig, that would be a good reason to NOT lay any money down on it being Scourge/Nemesis Prime... or Motormaster for that fact. I'm betting it's none of the above and that neither of the flat-nosed rigs have anything to do with each other whatsoever. If it seems likely or plausible or remotely logical or having anything to do with previous iterations in the TF line over the last 29 years, go completely the opposite direction and that's how Bay is going to handle it.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499321)
Posted by Aladar on June 29th, 2013 @ 8:24pm CDT
I hope Drift is a working title and the bugetti is actually called Crosswise with David Tennant voicing him.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499359)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:24pm CDT
Well since I am only really interested in the movie line toys,I wonder if they will bring back the higher level of engineering from the RotF line?

I'm especially excited/worried about Optimus Prime as DotM Prime was utter crap.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499362)
Posted by Xephon0930 on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:27pm CDT
Aladar wrote:I hope Drift is a working title and the bugetti is actually called Crosswise with David Tennant voicing him.



Well it this film was filmed in UK as well as other locales.
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499383)
Posted by Metrosuplex on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:58pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:Awww yeah Motormaster! I was thinking that the previous comments about some of these exotic cars being Decepticons sounded logical, and I was thinking that truck couldn't be Ultra Magnus...

Plus, Bay already did Devastator, so its not unreasonable to hope for Menasor! Plus, he made the comment about pleasing fans, so maybe this is what he meant....

It's worth keeping that rusted-out flatnose cab we saw awhile back, with the G1 Optimus Prime silver stripe (and flames, because Bayverse). My money's on it being Scourge/Nemesis Prime.


BECAUSE it's Bayverse, as you stated by bringing up the flames on the silver rig, that would be a good reason to NOT lay any money down on it being Scourge/Nemesis Prime... or Motormaster for that fact. I'm betting it's none of the above and that neither of the flat-nosed rigs have anything to do with each other whatsoever. If it seems likely or plausible or remotely logical or having anything to do with previous iterations in the TF line over the last 29 years, go completely the opposite direction and that's how Bay is going to handle it.


You're probably right, but it'd be something to flat out call it as Motormaster, say MENASOR loudly, and then find out I'm right. I don't even mind how badly Bay would butcher the characters/combiner - I'd be happy to see Menasor get some love again (even if it's abusive Bay-love).

It's a crime that Menasor has not had a re-release in any way. :x
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499451)
Posted by zatara1701 on June 30th, 2013 @ 1:43am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:Awww yeah Motormaster! I was thinking that the previous comments about some of these exotic cars being Decepticons sounded logical, and I was thinking that truck couldn't be Ultra Magnus...

Plus, Bay already did Devastator, so its not unreasonable to hope for Menasor! Plus, he made the comment about pleasing fans, so maybe this is what he meant....

It's worth keeping that rusted-out flatnose cab we saw awhile back, with the G1 Optimus Prime silver stripe (and flames, because Bayverse). My money's on it being Scourge/Nemesis Prime.


BECAUSE it's Bayverse, as you stated by bringing up the flames on the silver rig, that would be a good reason to NOT lay any money down on it being Scourge/Nemesis Prime... or Motormaster for that fact. I'm betting it's none of the above and that neither of the flat-nosed rigs have anything to do with each other whatsoever. If it seems likely or plausible or remotely logical or having anything to do with previous iterations in the TF line over the last 29 years, go completely the opposite direction and that's how Bay is going to handle it.


You're probably right, but it'd be something to flat out call it as Motormaster, say MENASOR loudly, and then find out I'm right. I don't even mind how badly Bay would butcher the characters/combiner - I'd be happy to see Menasor get some love again (even if it's abusive Bay-love).

It's a crime that Menasor has not had a re-release in any way. :x


I said the very same thing the other day....SOOOOOOOoooo tired of Bruticus and Devestator repaints and redos... Hell, I am even weary of my beloved Airialbots... BRING ON THE STUNTICONS!!! Just makes sense with all the high end cars and now the truck. Everyone keeps complaining that high end cars make horrible disguises... Well 1) Cons don't really care about their disguises for the most part and 2) look at G1!! You had Lambo Countachs, One of a kind rally Porches, supped up Datsuns...Hardly great disguises.

In the end, who knows what Bay has in store... :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4 2014 Argosy Cab-Over Truck Revealed (1499468)
Posted by TurboMMaster on June 30th, 2013 @ 3:04am CDT
I think Optimus should get a completly new body in fourth movie. After all, even when he's role in moviue changed from nerd-ic underdog of Megatron to the greatest threat to Decepticon cause. But he stil lhave body of a scientis, not w warrior. Even ifit is obvious that he is upregaded by human enginers.

Click here to view an additional 113 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...