Transformers News: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed?

Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 11:28AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 67,871

Joblo.com, the website that previously reported rumors regarding the identities of several new characters to be included in Transformers 4, is now claiming to know the names of the two Auotbot vehicles that were revealed yesterday. According to their source the Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse is Drift, and the 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray is Slingshot. Drift would be somewhat consistent with their previous report that one of the characters was a "Samurai" looking to regain his honor by joining the Autobots. Slingshot would really be out of left field considering his previous portrayal as an Aerialbot with jet vehicle mode.

nelson wrote:This is the 4th movie, you would think these guys would've learned by now that production names DO NOT EQUAL final name.
Credit(s): JoBlo.com
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491118)
Posted by Moonshot on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:32am CDT
I do hope the Bugatti is Blur, but Springer on the Corvette doesn't feel right. Tracks as the Corvette would work if it was blue with, the one place we need flames, on the hood. A green Tracks or Mirage is lame. That truck is super sweet looking as far as shape goes but the flames gots to go. I think its a load of scrap that red not "filming well" is an excuse. I see red all the time in movies on vehicles and other stuff that looks good to me.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491119)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:34am CDT
Two problems.
1. Why is an aerialbot now a car?
2. Drift was not a Samurai as a decepticon.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491120)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:35am CDT
And with that, I'm sold on the Bugatti being Drift. Excellent choice, and if these are confirmed, I am delighted that he retains his noble samurai-like personality.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491123)
Posted by guarayakha on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:41am CDT
That Bot wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:just a truck. where is the image of prime?

He's probably still in the concept drawing stage.

MetroSUplex wrote:Seriously, what the hell is with the awful flames? Are they going for BADASS? Cause I don't see any badass trucker riding in that hideous paint job. :BANG_HEAD:

Red looks bad on film, so it's a way for Prime to retain his iconic red chest/blue legs in robot mode without having a hard-to-film truck.

Dino looks awesome in DOTM though. Maybe red looks bad only in Michael Bay movies :P Inb4greenrodimus
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491124)
Posted by Dagon on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:42am CDT
That Bugatti is excellent.
I like the new look Prime.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491125)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:44am CDT
#-o jesus this is getting worst by the hour.... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491131)
Posted by Eagleblaster on May 29th, 2013 @ 11:59am CDT
That new prime looks good to me. All of that flame details probably won't make it to the toy, that's a lot of paint for one figure.
And I'm ok with those super coupes being new characters because that's what they said they was going to do.

Samurai Drift, sounds good. I hope that Bugatti becomes a leader class figure that would be :grin: or they could make it voyager size or even better make it a human alliance figure that came with a hubcap figure that fitted in the trunk or hood of the Bugatti.

New Idea: Car transformers with car transformers that fit inside them.

That Bugatti is just WoW. The fastest car in the world, a transformer :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491132)
Posted by leokearon on May 29th, 2013 @ 12:04pm CDT
Prime's alt mode reminds me of his G2 RTS toy.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491139)
Posted by dragons on May 29th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CDT
did everyone somehow forget this guy from first film they have his name in subtitles at end film bonecrusher enroute

first we should have knonw by now movie is differnt from g1 like armadar bonecrusher, rid scourge which was truck evil prime movie verse same tie in as armada, rid, energon, and other anime series ironhide red van in series hes balck truck in film not much complaint about his look same wih rachet, definatly almost maybe no negative response about bonecrusher being minesweeper in film.

i would have perfer drift is race car wing on back would be his sword if he gets one in film but i almost dont care what they look like as long i recognize them from film to comics, or anime series with there famous iconic weapons and look in movie.

wheelie and jazz glad bay did not choose make those characters rhyme in movei
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491146)
Posted by RhA on May 29th, 2013 @ 1:05pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Two problems.
1. Why is an aerialbot now a car?
2. Drift was not a Samurai as a decepticon.

Meh, these are production names. Names can change as well as alt. modes. Remember Scourge? Two completely different characters, both deserve lovin'.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491149)
Posted by Red 50 on May 29th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CDT
I got to say I'm not a fan of curvy trucks. I prefer the stronger look that the Peterbilt had. But then again I didn't quite like the first promo pictures of TFP Breakdown 'cause they made his model look like a flat and empty base to me. After seeing him, though, I liked his character-model as a whole. So if they manage to give OP a fitting character model and promote his truck in the installment, then who knows, maybe...
Although to me Optimus is Optimus, no matter what they give him as an altmode (as long as it's a truck) Either way I find him awesome. So I say: bring it on!

But I do find that those flames are nice. So kill me if you want to.
You'll never shake me.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491151)
Posted by Seibertron on May 29th, 2013 @ 1:31pm CDT
El Duque wrote:nelson, the infamous admin of Michael Bay's Shoot for the Edit forum, was quick to point out that production names do not always end up being final names:

Oh we've learned alright. We've learned that the movie folks have a hard time getting names right, especially when it comes down to final names.

Brawl
Devastator
Mirage
Dino
Wheeljack
Que

Any of those ring a bell?
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491154)
Posted by megatronis on May 29th, 2013 @ 1:39pm CDT
Very G2ish isint it?? i kinda miss the old one but I'm sure this will grow on me... its nice lots of flames! when we gunna see the star of the show? BUMBLEBEE!! LOL jk :BOT:
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491160)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 29th, 2013 @ 1:59pm CDT
Well, it appears the flames are here to stay. Oh well, I'm used to it already. That truck is also a lot more... I dunno, 'trendy' looking, with all the curves and custom bits, but it could be cool.

I wonder if the 're-imagined' Autobots are just going to be the same guys with new alt modes.

I'm very reluctant to get into the next Bayverse toylines, but these are some nice alt modes to start with. And there's usually a place for Prime in my collection.

I kinda do hope the Bugatti is Blurr and not Drift. It fits Blurr more, being the fastest production car, and also the blue trim. Green Corvette, I have no idea. I hope it's a new character so I don't have to get used to green Hot Rod or something dumb like that.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491166)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 29th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
CaptainMagic wrote:I object to this new Prime for oh-so-very-many reasons, but mostly as a guy who grew up around semi trucks. The flames on old movie Prime didn't really work as Prime, but they made total sense as a custom big rig that you could easily find going down the road. People actually do like to make their trucks look like that.

But this? This is just f-ing STUPID. That truck is several steps beyond customized to the point of uselessness. Plus, he's a Western Star? Really? Nobody even knows what those are. And they're garbage. About the only thing I liked about movie Prime was that he was a Peterbilt. I don't really care for driving those, but they have the go-to iconic semi truck look. This looks like nothing. Its all big shine and spectacle with no discernible point or purpose, just like the idiot who bought it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Go home Bay....your drunk. Leave Transformers alone already.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491168)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 29th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
What's the point in their names? It's not like they're going to resemble their previous counterparts in any fashion anyway. Might as well call them Flippy and Floppy.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491170)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 29th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT

Have to admit I'd be a touch impressed if the Veyron is indeed Drift and they'll be touching on his IDW origin story. We'd actually see a Transformer get some character development. So yeah, it's probably not Drift. ;)
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491173)
Posted by Hardspark on May 29th, 2013 @ 3:01pm CDT
Oh dear. He we go again. I could accept Prime going from a cab over truck to a long nose tractor but this? WTF is that? It looks more like Energon Rodimus! I was hoping we might see some vehicle modes that weren't either A - Absolutely ridiculous ( OP ) or B - adverts for car companies.

What about Warpath, Cosmos, Gears, Huffer, Trailbreaker, Hound, Ultra Magnus, Hoist, Grapple, Inferno, Pounce & Wingspan, Outback, Brawn, The Aerielbots, The Technobots, The Protectorbots - the list could go on and on. What is wrong with any of these characters instead of ANOTHER parade of boring but cool looking sportscars? - Oh yeah. They won't be as easy to tie into some lucrative sponsorship.

I mean - The franchise is certainly in need of the money to the point when it will affect the character choices and vehicles sooooooooooo much aren't they?

Disappointed.

Again.
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491182)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 29th, 2013 @ 3:10pm CDT
Brakethrough wrote:Bugatti's gotta be Blurr. Fastest car, fastest Autobot. AND Bay will love the speech gimmick.

The Vette is more wide open. Tracks maybe? Smokescreen's been a popular character lately. Perhaps Sunstreaker shows up at last? Outside chance it's green because that will assist with later CGI shenanigans?

Now gimme a Jeep named Hound.

It might be blurr since it has that hint of baby blue
Re: Transformers 4 Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse and 2014 Concept C7 Corvette Stingray Names Revealed? (1491183)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 29th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Not digging the new Optimus. He's put on weight and pimped himself out with ridiculously extravagant trimmings. All he needs now is to start drinking excess amounts of Energon and take an unhealthy interest in 18 year old hatchbacks and we're dealing with 'Mid-life crisis' Optimus Prime.

It would actually suck if the veyron is drift because a veyron is all wheel drive and it can't drift lol. And it would be a bulky bot it's a very round car and its heavy that's why it needs 4 turbos and 1001 hp the hit 253mph. So as a Samurai IMO its not the best choice but we are talking bay here lol. Also I have to agree primes new look not that great and why still all the flames.

Ending Soon On eBay

Ultra Magnus TRANSFORMERS Animated 2008 Hasbro Leader Class figure WORKS assault - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 40 minutes 23 seconds
Japan Exclusive* Toys"R"Us Prime transformers Adventure RID campaign EZ promo - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 55 minutes 48 seconds
HASBRO: TRANSFORMERS: JETFIRE: VERSION: 1985-GENERATION 1. - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 57 minutes 50 seconds
100% Takara Legends LGEX Transformers Fest 2016 Exclusive Beast Wars Rhinox - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 58 minutes 26 seconds
IRONBISON LOOSE From DESTRONS LIOKAISER Transformers Combiner Wars Generation - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 43 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-13B SoundBlaster 100% Complete - Used - like NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 14 minutes 47 seconds
12CM Transformers G1 SD LED Megatron  NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 46 minutes 57 seconds
12CM Transformers G1 SD LED Grimlock  NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 46 minutes 59 seconds
Website Security Test