Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor

Transformers News: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor

Thursday, December 20th, 2012 6:52PM CST

Categories: Movie News, People News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 76,399

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Considering how quickly the last couple of rumors concerning Transformers 4 were shot down by Michael Bay himself it should go without saying that anything we hear as this point should be taken with a grain of salt unless officially confirmed. That being said, we do have another TF4 casting rumor. ITFN is reporting that Jack Reynor has been offered the role of Mark Wahlberg's daughter's love interest. According to the report the young actor auditioned three times before being offered the role by Michael Bay himself. So far Bay as yet to confirm or deny the validity of this one.

ITFN wrote:Reynor will take over the lead role initially played by Shia LaBeouf, who starred in the original three films, which are based on the Marvel comic series. Reynor is expected to play the love interest of Mark Wahlberg’s character’s daughter.
Credit(s): ITFN
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448105)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on December 20th, 2012 @ 7:15pm CST
Starring Jack Reynor as Shia LaBeouf as Sam Witwicky.
As Shia LaBeouf.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448111)
Posted by njb902 on December 20th, 2012 @ 7:29pm CST
Meh the humans are unimportant.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448123)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 20th, 2012 @ 8:30pm CST
njb902 wrote:Meh the humans are unimportant.


What a conceited statement. You don't know the plot of the movie, how could you be so sure that they're unimportant? Maybe they aren't to you, but you put that remark so bluntly as if they weren't important at all.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448126)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 20th, 2012 @ 8:41pm CST
Meh, the humans are unimportant... I want to see what the TRANSFORMERS do when the DECEPTICONS battle the AUTOBOTS. Not concerned with the life of a human boy, and his unending luck while amidst battling robots with sharp, jagged bodies where any contact during their motion would rip his body into pieces. Formulaic, unfocused, boring... that's what the new movie will be. Flame on.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448132)
Posted by njb902 on December 20th, 2012 @ 9:05pm CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:Meh the humans are unimportant.


What a conceited statement. You don't know the plot of the movie, how could you be so sure that they're unimportant? Maybe they aren't to you, but you put that remark so bluntly as if they weren't important at all.


They are unimportant. The only important thing is the giant robots pounding on one another. If the human acting is good kudos to Mr Bay, but it is just so unimportant to me.


BTW what does my vanity have to do with my previous post?
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448133)
Posted by Rated X on December 20th, 2012 @ 9:12pm CST
Who ???

Like Marky Mark wasnt bad enough...

Just bring back Shia LaBeouf and make sure theres a bottle of Johnnie Walker on the set. Maybe do a scene in a local bar with a good drunken fight scene. Thats about the only time I wanna see humans in the movie. ;)
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448134)
Posted by njb902 on December 20th, 2012 @ 9:12pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:Meh, the humans are unimportant... I want to see what the TRANSFORMERS do when the DECEPTICONS battle the AUTOBOTS. Not concerned with the life of a human boy, and his unending luck while amidst battling robots with sharp, jagged bodies where any contact during their motion would rip his body into pieces. Formulaic, unfocused, boring... that's what the new movie will be. Flame on.


Fist bump

Though I will probably enjoy the robots clobering the snot out of one another.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448138)
Posted by Burn on December 20th, 2012 @ 9:40pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:Meh, the humans are unimportant... I want to see what the TRANSFORMERS do when the DECEPTICONS battle the AUTOBOTS. Not concerned with the life of a human boy, and his unending luck while amidst battling robots with sharp, jagged bodies where any contact during their motion would rip his body into pieces. Formulaic, unfocused, boring... that's what the new movie will be. Flame on.


Yeah G1 really annoyed me the way the humans like Spike and Sparkplug kept getting in the way. And then they introduced those bloody Nebulons and they was getting all up in the Transformers business.

>:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448140)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 20th, 2012 @ 9:57pm CST
njb902 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:Meh the humans are unimportant.


What a conceited statement. You don't know the plot of the movie, how could you be so sure that they're unimportant? Maybe they aren't to you, but you put that remark so bluntly as if they weren't important at all.


They are unimportant. The only important thing is the giant robots pounding on one another. If the human acting is good kudos to Mr Bay, but it is just so unimportant to me.
MINDVVIPE wrote:Meh, the humans are unimportant... I want to see what the TRANSFORMERS do when the DECEPTICONS battle the AUTOBOTS. Not concerned with the life of a human boy, and his unending luck while amidst battling robots with sharp, jagged bodies where any contact during their motion would rip his body into pieces. Formulaic, unfocused, boring... that's what the new movie will be. Flame on.
This is the Bayverse here, guys. The humans are the focal point of these films. No matter how much we wish against it, that is the sad truth of the matter.

Do we have to like that they are? No way. But are they still what these films revolve around? Sadly yes.

These films treat the title characters not as characters but as background effects and plot devices, which is how it's been done and is likely to remain that way if these films continue to be made as they have always been.

I don't like it either, but that's the way these films are. Movies 1-3 were essentially "The Adventures of Sam Witwicky Featuring some robots called the Transformers". I expect there to be little difference with the fourth one sans Mark Walhberg's character replacing Sam as the star.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448143)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 20th, 2012 @ 10:00pm CST
njb902 wrote:They are unimportant.


:roll:

The only important thing is the giant robots pounding on one another.


That's the worst story I ever heard. >:oP

If the human acting is good kudos to Mr Bay,


What does the acting have to do with the character's importance to the plot? A main character will be a main character, no matter how good or bad an actor it has.

but it is just so unimportant to me.


Then say that instead of dismissing a human's importance - period.

BTW what does my vanity have to do with my previous post?


I was talking about the vanity of your post, not your personal vanity. :BANG_HEAD:

Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:Meh the humans are unimportant.


What a conceited statement. You don't know the plot of the movie, how could you be so sure that they're unimportant? Maybe they aren't to you, but you put that remark so bluntly as if they weren't important at all.


They are unimportant. The only important thing is the giant robots pounding on one another. If the human acting is good kudos to Mr Bay, but it is just so unimportant to me.
MINDVVIPE wrote:Meh, the humans are unimportant... I want to see what the TRANSFORMERS do when the DECEPTICONS battle the AUTOBOTS. Not concerned with the life of a human boy, and his unending luck while amidst battling robots with sharp, jagged bodies where any contact during their motion would rip his body into pieces. Formulaic, unfocused, boring... that's what the new movie will be. Flame on.
This is the Bayverse here, guys. The humans are the focal point of these films. No matter how much we wish against it, that is the sad truth of the matter.

Do we have to like that they are? No way. But are they still what these films revolve around? Sadly yes.

These films treat the title characters not as characters but as background effects and plot devices, which is how it's been done and is likely to remain that way if these films continue to be made as they have always been.

I don't like it either, but that's the way these films are. Movies 1-3 were essentially "The Adventures of Sam Witwicky Featuring some robots called the Transformers". I expect there to be little difference with the fourth one sans Mark Walhberg's character replacing Sam as the star.


Thank you. :BOOM:
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448156)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 20th, 2012 @ 11:19pm CST
I think they should crap-can the entire project! There is absolutely no plot whatsoever that they could come up with (Primus help me if you say "What about Unicron?" I will bitch-slap you for that is the WORST idea EVER!!) and all the main characters are dead or being drastically overhauled. So honestly, a 4th movie serves no other point than to reduce once respectable fellow fans to ass-scratching, knuckle dragging neanderthals squabbling over the most inane issues possible and embarrassing themselves and the rest of the fan community in the eyes of the rest of the world. At this point, given a choice between TF4, Star Wars: Ep VII or a vasectomy without anesthesia... I'll take the vasectomy and then go see the upcoming crap-fest that will be Ep. VII. And most of that decision is based on the behavior of my fellow fans!
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448164)
Posted by wewyllenium on December 20th, 2012 @ 11:35pm CST
I doubt anyone from hollywood gives a crap about this forum and its members.

There should be a poll by Seibertron members regarding the matter.

Like:
all in favor of with humans
all in favor of without humans

or:
all in favor of story centered around the TFs
all in favor of story centered around the humans
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448166)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 20th, 2012 @ 11:53pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:There is absolutely no plot whatsoever that they could come up with


Every plot line in pop culture has been done to death anyway. It's not just Transformers.

all the main characters are dead or being drastically overhauled.


The only "main characters" were Sam and his two girlfriends. Optimus and Bumblebee (and sometimes Megatron) were the main 'bots throughout each movie, with The Fallen and Sentinel Prime jumping in on the sequels. Everyone else had a supporting role.

At this point, given a choice between TF4, Star Wars: Ep VII or a vasectomy without anesthesia... I'll take the vasectomy and then go see the upcoming crap-fest that will be Ep. VII.


Sheesh, how graphic.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448167)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 20th, 2012 @ 11:53pm CST
Burn wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Meh, the humans are unimportant... I want to see what the TRANSFORMERS do when the DECEPTICONS battle the AUTOBOTS. Not concerned with the life of a human boy, and his unending luck while amidst battling robots with sharp, jagged bodies where any contact during their motion would rip his body into pieces. Formulaic, unfocused, boring... that's what the new movie will be. Flame on.


Yeah G1 really annoyed me the way the humans like Spike and Sparkplug kept getting in the way. And then they introduced those bloody Nebulons and they was getting all up in the Transformers business.

>:oP


Yea, but see, I'm not saying the G1 cartoon show was better (which it is), yet you bring up a good point. Even with the humans and nebulans, they were still pretty much background characters when compared to the Cybertronians. The nebulans even began as regular fleshlings, but then got interesting by combining them as headmasters and targetmasters. Anyway, my point is that humans are boring parts of the movie that I don't care about and shouldn't be such a large focus. Yea, obviously this isn't going to change, I wasn't expecting it. This is how I am so accurately able to predict the next movie sucking. It will focus on the humans.
Course there are numerous other reasons, but whatever.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448169)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 21st, 2012 @ 12:14am CST
T-Macksimus wrote:I think they should crap-can the entire project! There is absolutely no plot whatsoever that they could come up with (Primus help me if you say "What about Unicron?" I will bitch-slap you for that is the WORST idea EVER!!) and all the main characters are dead or being drastically overhauled. So honestly, a 4th movie serves no other point than to reduce once respectable fellow fans to ass-scratching, knuckle dragging neanderthals squabbling over the most inane issues possible and embarrassing themselves and the rest of the fan community in the eyes of the rest of the world. At this point, given a choice between TF4, Star Wars: Ep VII or a vasectomy without anesthesia... I'll take the vasectomy and then go see the upcoming crap-fest that will be Ep. VII. And most of that decision is based on the behavior of my fellow fans!


Waaah! Waah-waaaah! WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Cheese?

Sabrblade wrote:The Adventures of Sam Witwicky


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448189)
Posted by njb902 on December 21st, 2012 @ 2:55am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:They are unimportant.


:roll:

The only important thing is the giant robots pounding on one another.


That's the worst story I ever heard. >:oP

If the human acting is good kudos to Mr Bay,


What does the acting have to do with the character's importance to the plot? A main character will be a main character, no matter how good or bad an actor it has.

but it is just so unimportant to me.


Then say that instead of dismissing a human's importance - period.

BTW what does my vanity have to do with my previous post?


I was talking about the vanity of your post, not your personal vanity. :BANG_HEAD:

Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
njb902 wrote:Meh the humans are unimportant.


What a conceited statement. You don't know the plot of the movie, how could you be so sure that they're unimportant? Maybe they aren't to you, but you put that remark so bluntly as if they weren't important at all.


They are unimportant. The only important thing is the giant robots pounding on one another. If the human acting is good kudos to Mr Bay, but it is just so unimportant to me.
MINDVVIPE wrote:Meh, the humans are unimportant... I want to see what the TRANSFORMERS do when the DECEPTICONS battle the AUTOBOTS. Not concerned with the life of a human boy, and his unending luck while amidst battling robots with sharp, jagged bodies where any contact during their motion would rip his body into pieces. Formulaic, unfocused, boring... that's what the new movie will be. Flame on.
This is the Bayverse here, guys. The humans are the focal point of these films. No matter how much we wish against it, that is the sad truth of the matter.

Do we have to like that they are? No way. But are they still what these films revolve around? Sadly yes.

These films treat the title characters not as characters but as background effects and plot devices, which is how it's been done and is likely to remain that way if these films continue to be made as they have always been.

I don't like it either, but that's the way these films are. Movies 1-3 were essentially "The Adventures of Sam Witwicky Featuring some robots called the Transformers". I expect there to be little difference with the fourth one sans Mark Walhberg's character replacing Sam as the star.


Thank you. :BOOM:


Yawn.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448196)
Posted by Mykltron on December 21st, 2012 @ 4:32am CST
No one wondering why the daughter has a boyfriend AND a love interest?
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448225)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 21st, 2012 @ 7:59am CST
Mykltron wrote:No one wondering why the daughter has a boyfriend AND a love interest?


Because like at least 3/4 of women, she is a slut?
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448230)
Posted by Rushie on December 21st, 2012 @ 8:25am CST
Hold on a minute!

Reynor will take over the lead role initially played by Shia LaBeouf, who starred in the original three films, which are based on the Marvel comic series. Reynor is expected to play the love interest of Mark Wahlberg’s character’s daughter.


Now, if we take the first sentence literally, is he actually playing Sam Witwicky with yet another girlfriend? Or is he simply the new lead? Wahlberg was supposed to be the 'lead guy'.

Also, "based on the Marvel comic series"?? How about: based on the (Japanese) toys? Or the 80's cartoon series? Those are surely more well known.

Also also, if all the humans are brand new, yet the film is supposed to be in continuity with TF1, RotF and DotM, that's gonna be crap. For all the screen time they stole in the previous ones, there were some funny characters among them (Simmons). Now they have to establish all-new characters in an attempt to make the audience like them. Which means lots of wasted screentime. Compare Shia's screentime in TF1 to DotM. That first hour of TF1 was tragically slow and boring.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448231)
Posted by RiddlerJ on December 21st, 2012 @ 8:26am CST
I don't have a problem with humans in the movies (They are on Earth, after all). I do have a problem with human characters that are focused on when they have nothing to do with the story. If the movies focused on the soliders working with the Autobots, it would make sense.

Instead, the movies focus on Sam with his job hunts and girlfriends and parents and tons of other nonsense. The sequels intentually remove him from involvement from the main story and then bend over backward to work him back into the plot for no reason other than to complicate things. For parts 2 and 3 he should have been working for Nest from the get go, not spend 2/3's of the movie trying to worm his way back in.

I hope Wahlberg's character actually is involved in the plot and the romance crap with his daughter is kept to the sidelines (do we even need a daughter romance plot?)
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448248)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2012 @ 9:18am CST
Rushie wrote:Also, "based on the Marvel comic series"?? How about: based on the (Japanese) toys? Or the 80's cartoon series? Those are surely more well known.
Fiction-wise, the Marvel Comics came first, before the cartoon.

As for the toys, though the original molds were Japanese in origin, they weren't Transformers toys until Hasbro released them in America in 1984. Transformers didn't come to Japan until 1985. ;)

RiddlerJ wrote:Instead, the movies focus on Sam with his job hunts and girlfriends and parents and tons of other nonsense. The sequels intentually remove him from involvement from the main story and then bend over backward to work him back into the plot for no reason other than to complicate things. For parts 2 and 3 he should have been working for Nest from the get go, not spend 2/3's of the movie trying to worm his way back in.
Thing is, they wanted him to be the common everyman that people could relate to, so they had him undergo a lot of common firsts: First car, first girlfriend, first day of college, first "I love you", first job, etc. Problem was that everything else in the movies (with the giant alien robots trying to kill each other) was more interesting, but they didn't get that and so kept milking Shia's role of Sam as the relatable Average Joe as much as they did. :roll:
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448252)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 21st, 2012 @ 9:24am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rushie wrote:Also, "based on the Marvel comic series"?? How about: based on the (Japanese) toys? Or the 80's cartoon series? Those are surely more well known.
Fiction-wise, the Marvel Comics came first, before the cartoon.


Yeah. And if they actually wrote the scripts based on the Marvel comics, the stories would be more fun and interesting. Because they would be about Transformers. I would love to see some of the Marvel story arcs put on screen. But I guess I am biased, because that's what i grew up with and that's what I hold every other series in comparison to.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448255)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2012 @ 9:37am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah. And if they actually wrote the scripts based on the Marvel comics, the stories would be more fun and interesting. Because they would be about Transformers. I would love to see some of the Marvel story arcs put on screen. But I guess I am biased, because that's what i grew up with and that's what I hold every other series in comparison to.
I would agree, but the Marvel comics also had their fair share of lousy humans who took the spotlight more than they should have: Donny Finkleberg, Bomber Bill, Joey Slick, Cliff Dietz, the Spacehiker children, the Roadjammers, and worst of all, the Mechanic.

While some of these guys did only appear in one or two issues, their constant focus in said issues still made them less enjoyable reads.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448259)
Posted by njb902 on December 21st, 2012 @ 10:02am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rushie wrote:Also, "based on the Marvel comic series"?? How about: based on the (Japanese) toys? Or the 80's cartoon series? Those are surely more well known.
Fiction-wise, the Marvel Comics came first, before the cartoon.

As for the toys, though the original molds were Japanese in origin, they weren't Transformers toys until Hasbro released them in America in 1984. Transformers didn't come to Japan until 1985. ;)

RiddlerJ wrote:Instead, the movies focus on Sam with his job hunts and girlfriends and parents and tons of other nonsense. The sequels intentually remove him from involvement from the main story and then bend over backward to work him back into the plot for no reason other than to complicate things. For parts 2 and 3 he should have been working for Nest from the get go, not spend 2/3's of the movie trying to worm his way back in.
Thing is, they wanted him to be the common everyman that people could relate to, so they had him undergo a lot of common firsts: First car, first girlfriend, first day of college, first "I love you", first job, etc. Problem was that everything else in the movies (with the giant alien robots trying to kill each other) was more interesting, but they didn't get that and so kept milking Shia's role of Sam as the relatable Average Joe as much as they did. :roll:


My problem with Sam was that I didn't feel like he grew at all as a person/character. The Sam we had in transformers was the same Sam in Dark of the Moon.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448260)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2012 @ 10:09am CST
njb902 wrote:My problem with Sam was that I didn't feel like he grew at all as a person/character. The Sam we had in transformers was the same Sam in Dark of the Moon.
Nah, he learned a lot overtime. How to scream, how to whine, how to yell, how to moan, how to make you question why you saw these films, etc. :P
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448274)
Posted by njb902 on December 21st, 2012 @ 10:25am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
njb902 wrote:My problem with Sam was that I didn't feel like he grew at all as a person/character. The Sam we had in transformers was the same Sam in Dark of the Moon.
Nah, he learned a lot overtime. How to scream, how to whine, how to yell, how to moan, how to make you question why you saw these films, etc. :P


Ah that made me laugh, thanks :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448278)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 21st, 2012 @ 10:32am CST
njb902 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rushie wrote:Also, "based on the Marvel comic series"?? How about: based on the (Japanese) toys? Or the 80's cartoon series? Those are surely more well known.
Fiction-wise, the Marvel Comics came first, before the cartoon.

As for the toys, though the original molds were Japanese in origin, they weren't Transformers toys until Hasbro released them in America in 1984. Transformers didn't come to Japan until 1985. ;)

RiddlerJ wrote:Instead, the movies focus on Sam with his job hunts and girlfriends and parents and tons of other nonsense. The sequels intentually remove him from involvement from the main story and then bend over backward to work him back into the plot for no reason other than to complicate things. For parts 2 and 3 he should have been working for Nest from the get go, not spend 2/3's of the movie trying to worm his way back in.
Thing is, they wanted him to be the common everyman that people could relate to, so they had him undergo a lot of common firsts: First car, first girlfriend, first day of college, first "I love you", first job, etc. Problem was that everything else in the movies (with the giant alien robots trying to kill each other) was more interesting, but they didn't get that and so kept milking Shia's role of Sam as the relatable Average Joe as much as they did. :roll:


My problem with Sam was that I didn't feel like he grew at all as a person/character. The Sam we had in transformers was the same Sam in Dark of the Moon.


We saw him "mature" from an 11th grader to a guy in college to a guy getting medals and a job. I saw him mature a little as well, but it wasn't enough to call it character development.

Although, he did kick Starscream's ass.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448287)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2012 @ 10:55am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Although, he did kick Starscream's ass.
Pfft, that was pitiful. Screamer's all wailing around like a child instead of, you know, pulling the darn thing out of his eye. Sure, it would have been painful, but it'd be like ripping off a band-aid for him and would make him look less like a pathetic baby. Grow a spinal rod, Screamer. :roll:

And Sam so should have lost an arm during all that. No way would he have stayed in one piece with all that force being applied to his shoulder joint. ;)
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448289)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 21st, 2012 @ 10:59am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Although, he did kick Starscream's ass.
Pfft, that was pitiful. Screamer's all wailing around like a child instead of, you know, pulling the darn thing out of his eye. Sure, it would have been painful, but it'd be like ripping off a band-aid for him and would make him look less like a pathetic baby. Grow a spinal rod, Screamer. :roll:


I'm probably the only one that found that scene entertaining. I was laughing at poor Screamer. :lol:

And Sam so should have lost an arm during all that. No way would he have stayed in one piece with all that force being applied to his shoulder joint. ;)


When I was watching that, I was hoping for the same thing. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448321)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 21st, 2012 @ 2:17pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah. And if they actually wrote the scripts based on the Marvel comics, the stories would be more fun and interesting. Because they would be about Transformers. I would love to see some of the Marvel story arcs put on screen. But I guess I am biased, because that's what i grew up with and that's what I hold every other series in comparison to.
I would agree, but the Marvel comics also had their fair share of lousy humans who took the spotlight more than they should have: Donny Finkleberg, Bomber Bill, Joey Slick, Cliff Dietz, the Spacehiker children, the Roadjammers, and worst of all, the Mechanic.

While some of these guys did only appear in one or two issues, their constant focus in said issues still made them less enjoyable reads.


Agreed. These characters generally disappeared once Furman took over, with the exception of the Binary Bonders and the Neo Knights. I still say some of the story arcs from the comics (especially later on) would make really good movies.
Re: Transformers 4 Casting Rumor - Jack Reynor (1448337)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on December 21st, 2012 @ 3:24pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Although, he did kick Starscream's ass.
Pfft, that was pitiful. Screamer's all wailing around like a child instead of, you know, pulling the darn thing out of his eye. Sure, it would have been painful, but it'd be like ripping off a band-aid for him and would make him look less like a pathetic baby. Grow a spinal rod, Screamer. :roll:

And Sam so should have lost an arm during all that. No way would he have stayed in one piece with all that force being applied to his shoulder joint. ;)


You got that right, Sabrblade. It seemed like many of the Decepticon deaths were total letdowns. BB killing Soundwave? ya right! #-o BB is a scout, he shouldn't have the physical strength to pull off such crap, esp when its clearly just fisticuffs. And that screamer scene is exactly what I meant by formulaic... Sam somehow survives the whipping around, and on top of that, gets saved JUST in time by BB. After a while, these close calls are just pointless coz sam will always make it.
I'm just happy I got to see him get beat to shit in lawless. :DANCE:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014