Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May

Transformers News: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 3:18PM CST

Category: Movie News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 32,300

Mark Wahlberg spoke with collider about his upcoming plans including the start of filming for Transformers 4. He reveals that they will start shooting in May 2013. Transformers 4 is set for release June 27, 2014.

That’s why Transformers came about, because we had such a great time working together [on Pain and Gain]. We kind of complemented each other throughout the entire process, what he does and what I do and what we were able to do together, and then after that I was like ‘Dude we gotta work together again,’ and he was like, ‘Well I got a project, you interested?’ (laughs)

We’re shooting Transformers in May, and then I believe we’re gonna do Ted 2 right after. They’re working on it now and we’ve kind of gone through the negotiation process. The great thing about it is Seth’s ideas for the second one are sick. He comes from the world of episodic television so he knows how to tell the stories, man, in a way that most people don’t, like for instance The Italian Job we’ve been trying to do the sequel for 10 years. He’s a different kind of guy.

Keep Seibertron.com as your number 1 source for everything Transformers
Credit(s): collider.com
Re: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May (1446872)
Posted by Red 50 on December 15th, 2012 @ 4:47pm CST
That's good to know. Thanks for the information.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Keep Seibertron.com as your number 1 source for everything Transformers

Always do. *Salute*
Re: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May (1446981)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 16th, 2012 @ 7:34am CST
Ted 2? Nice. Ted was hilarious. I wonder if The Rock might have interest in TF4, being Wahlberg's costar in Pain and Gain. Being in the Joe sequel could be beneficial, especially if there might be a crossover of sorts (Joes appear in TF4?) in the sequels.
Re: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May (1447051)
Posted by RiddlerJ on December 16th, 2012 @ 2:00pm CST
Actually, to get Mark to act like everyone else does in a Transformers movie, they should tell him he's already shooting Ted 2.
Re: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May (1452152)
Posted by Gemini220 on January 5th, 2013 @ 9:29pm CST
I thought it was supposed to be coming out this year?
Re: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May (1455294)
Posted by Red 50 on January 15th, 2013 @ 3:45pm CST
Gemini220 wrote:I thought it was supposed to be coming out this year?

No. Transformers 4 is going to be released in 2014.
Re: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May (1456006)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on January 17th, 2013 @ 9:52pm CST
Re: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May (1456529)
Posted by Capt.Failure on January 19th, 2013 @ 11:58pm CST
5150 Cruiser wrote:Very cool. Hopefully we start seeing new vehicle modes on set around that time! :grin:

If it's set on both the ground and space as early rumors suggested maybe we'll get more characters with multiple alt-modes. I remember Megatron could do that in Revenge of the Fallen, having a tank and a starfighter form. Don't know why but I always liked that.
Re: Transformers 4 is Set to Begin Filming in May (1456851)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on January 21st, 2013 @ 3:09pm CST
Capt.Failure wrote:

I can go with that. Don't think we've seen any "triple changers" in the movie verse yet.
Although Megatron was seen in both tank and jet mode, i don't think that can be really counted since he was more like a tank with wings (or a jet with tank tracks. However you want to look at it). Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't believe his alt mode actually changed form between his land and air modes?

Either way looking forward to new alt modes. I have a feeling Sideswipe might change for the sting ray concept to the actual 2014' Chevy Corvette Stingray. I think that would be a nice update. Also hoping we see alot more of Prime's trailer.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism