Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot

Transformers News: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot

Monday, June 10th, 2013 11:15PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,670

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Speculation has run rampant regarding the identity of the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 since it's reveal late last week. Many have suspected that it could be a Stunticon based on vehicle mode and it's recent on set appearance with the older model cab over style truck, however Bay's camp seems to indicate the character is an Autobot. Sorry Stunticon fans.

Bay's official twitter account queried:

Why is everyone assuming the #aventador is a #decepticon ? #transformers #transformers4 #tf4



Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.

They also retweeted the following from Top Gear:

A Lambo Aventador has joined a Bugatti Veyron in the cast of Transformers 4. Autobots clearly have a need for speed http://ow.ly/lSs6L


Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.
Credit(s): Michael Bay
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494287)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 11th, 2013 @ 1:01am CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:
RhA wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:Hot Rod cause bay wont be happy til he ruins all the cult favorite characters


HAHA! Jokes on you! You can't ruin a terrible character! :D


:lol:


If that turns out to be Hot Rod, Bay is going to do what he did in his past 3 transformers movies. And that is make this possible lambo/Hot Rod part of another BlockBuster multi million dollar grossing film.


Ladies and gentleman you have just witnessed the most objectively neutral comment ever made about a Michael Bay film in the history of the internet. I'm impressed. :BOWDOWN:
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494294)
Posted by xyl360 on June 11th, 2013 @ 3:42am CDT
Yeah, I'm still betting it's Sideswipe ;).
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494296)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 11th, 2013 @ 3:51am CDT
I realize I'm probably reading a bit more into this than needs be, but this is Bay...he never gives a flat-out simple, truthful answer about the robot cast.

"The Mercedes is just Carly's car." - Turned out to be Soundwave. :michaelbay:
"The Twins aren't in the movie, I'll give $25,000 to anyone who can spot them." :michaelbay:
Though clumsily edited out of Sentinel's rampage, they could still be seen in vehicle mode entering N.E.S.T.

So.....for now, I still think this could easily be a Decepticon. Why? Bay's tweet just asked why everyone assumed it was going to be a Decepticon...it danced around the question without answering it flat out. The other tweet says the Aventador "joined" the cast. Then, it says something about the Autobots having a need for speed....but it didn't actually connect the two statements.

Neither of the tweets explicitly said "The Lamborghini Aventador is going to be an Autobot". >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494303)
Posted by IrvingJ on June 11th, 2013 @ 4:50am CDT
I was just wondering if anyone has looked up TF4 on IMDB cuz i did and it said that the Veyron was Drift and the "cab-over truck...Optimus Prime's original mode" was Grimlock. Idk if thats true though...
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2109248/trivia
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494395)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 11th, 2013 @ 12:09pm CDT
IrvingJ wrote:I was just wondering if anyone has looked up TF4 on IMDB cuz i did and it said that the Veyron was Drift and the "cab-over truck...Optimus Prime's original mode" was Grimlock. Idk if thats true though...
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2109248/trivia
Never trust IMDB.

In the past, that site has posted more lies about the Transformers: Prime cartoon than one can count.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494607)
Posted by El Duque on June 12th, 2013 @ 8:22am CDT
MicahaelBay.com has updated their homepage with an image of a Sonic RS Rally Car with the caption:

The Ultimate Sonic RS, just pure fun.


Another new Autobot? We know that Jack Reynor's character will be a race car driver, so maybe it just a human vehicle? Image mirrored below:

Image
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494612)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on June 12th, 2013 @ 8:36am CDT
El Duque wrote:MicahaelBay.com has updated their homepage with an image of a Sonic RS Rally Car with the caption:

The Ultimate Sonic RS, just pure fun.


Another new Autobot, or perhaps it has something to do with Jack Reynor's character who is a race care driver? Image mirrored below:

Image

Smokescreen, is that you? :D
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494623)
Posted by Brakethrough on June 12th, 2013 @ 9:22am CDT
Pure fun? It should be Gears, for ultimate irony.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494627)
Posted by Rated X on June 12th, 2013 @ 9:28am CDT
What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494636)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 12th, 2013 @ 9:46am CDT
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494639)
Posted by knocking predacon on June 12th, 2013 @ 9:59am CDT
maybe Jack Reynor's car is a transformer...
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494641)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on June 12th, 2013 @ 10:12am CDT
So is this Skids or Mudflap's new upgrade?
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494659)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2013 @ 11:07am CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:So is this Skids or Mudflap's new upgrade?


Both of them are dead. Despite being cut from Dark of the Moon, they were planned to be killed when Sentinel Prime went on his rampage in NEST HQ. This has been reflected in other DOTM merchandise as well.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494708)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
MR Optimus Prime wrote:So is this Skids or Mudflap's new upgrade?


Both of them are dead. Despite being cut from Dark of the Moon, they were planned to be killed when Sentinel Prime went on his rampage in NEST HQ. This has been reflected in other DOTM merchandise as well.


I wish we'd actually seen them get killed in the movie. I know it was edited out, but it would have added some depth to their characters, Skids defending Bumblebee and Mudflap taking on Sentinel for killing his brother, even though Sentinel is 10 times his size.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494709)
Posted by Rated X on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid. Almost as stupid looking as one of these...

Image
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494711)
Posted by FurStreak on June 12th, 2013 @ 2:20pm CDT
It's either Gears, or Smokescreen. Seeing as its an off road type vehicle, I am leaning more toward Smokescreen, as he can kick up excessive dust to blind the enemies.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494732)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 12th, 2013 @ 3:53pm CDT
That is a crappy hatchback, even as a rally car. If they were to use a modern Subaru wrx sti wagon, that would have atleast looked better, especially if it were for Smokescreen.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494743)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 12th, 2013 @ 5:00pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494759)
Posted by Rated X on June 12th, 2013 @ 5:57pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:



The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494762)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 12th, 2013 @ 6:06pm CDT
Rated X wrote:The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.


Well hold on a sec, there are a lot of good rally cars that are hatchbacks, citroen, peugot, Subaru, Lancia. I definitely think the Sonic is ugly and sucks, but Rally racing is what I consider the most dangerous and edgy, raw form of racing, alongside Baja racing and the offroad sorts. However, those same hatchbacks used for anything else besides rally, like being practically small for narrow european town roads, is pretty boring and mundane. I love fast cars, and I would never want to drive a hatchback for any reason, but credit where it's due:

Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494763)
Posted by njb902 on June 12th, 2013 @ 6:06pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:



The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.


I didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494792)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on June 12th, 2013 @ 8:34pm CDT
They fought Devastator, so they wouldn't care about taking on Sentinel.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494794)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on June 12th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
Doesn't a car that's royal-purple feel more like a 'con, or am I alone? We do need some Decepticons right about now, all Autobots isn't fun.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494833)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on June 12th, 2013 @ 11:20pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:



The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.


That might be your opinion, but it is far from fact. 90% of vehicles that are raced were never orignally intended or designed too. It all comes down to what type of racing is going to be done, the rules and class of each vehicle, budget, etc. Vette for rally? Ya, don't think so.


Now in some regaurds i agree. I think building a Front Wheel Drive car of any type for Drag racing (I know that not what this sonic is being used for) is pointless and stupid. But i accept that there are those that enjoy it.

Hatchbacks work very well for Rally. There light weight, and provide a rigid chassis to start with. Anyhow, there is no perfect chassis. Otherwise people would only use one type of chassis per racing class.

As for the role of the sonic, i'm betting it is a TF and not a human car. Reasoning are the windows are completely blacked out. Most of the TF with vehicle modes i've noticed the windows have been completely blacked out to hide the lack of a driver. That's my reasoning and i'm sticking to it! :P
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494836)
Posted by Rated X on June 12th, 2013 @ 11:34pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:



The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.


I didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.



You don't need a degree to realize a "hatchback" was designed for loading and unloading. That's why larger hatchbacks are called "SUVs". It means "sports utility vehicle" and the "utility" part is for practical everyday use. You supe up can and race whatever car you want, but that doesn't erase what the whole concept of "hatchbacks" was intended for.

And I'm not a race guy. I'm into classic Impalas, Caddy's, and big boy trucks.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494848)
Posted by njb902 on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:00am CDT
Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:



The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.


I didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.



You don't need a degree to realize a "hatchback" was designed for loading and unloading. That's why larger hatchbacks are called "SUVs". It means "sports utility vehicle" and the "utility" part is for practical everyday use. You supe up can and race whatever car you want, but that doesn't erase what the whole concept of "hatchbacks" was intended for.

And I'm not a race guy. I'm into classic Impalas, Caddy's, and big boy trucks.


Again i didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494878)
Posted by quickmixed on June 13th, 2013 @ 7:28am CDT
First impression. Bugbite. :CON:
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494901)
Posted by Rated X on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:



The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.


I didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.



You don't need a degree to realize a "hatchback" was designed for loading and unloading. That's why larger hatchbacks are called "SUVs". It means "sports utility vehicle" and the "utility" part is for practical everyday use. You supe up can and race whatever car you want, but that doesn't erase what the whole concept of "hatchbacks" was intended for.

And I'm not a race guy. I'm into classic Impalas, Caddy's, and big boy trucks.


Again i didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.



Again, I didn't realize you believe invention of the "hatchback door" serves any logical purpose specifically designed for the sport of car racing. Enlighten me... >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494902)
Posted by njb902 on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:18am CDT
Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:



The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.


I didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.



You don't need a degree to realize a "hatchback" was designed for loading and unloading. That's why larger hatchbacks are called "SUVs". It means "sports utility vehicle" and the "utility" part is for practical everyday use. You supe up can and race whatever car you want, but that doesn't erase what the whole concept of "hatchbacks" was intended for.

And I'm not a race guy. I'm into classic Impalas, Caddy's, and big boy trucks.


Again i didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.



Again, I didn't realize you believe invention of the "hatchback door" serves any logical purpose specifically designed for the sport of car racing. Enlighten me... >:oP


Can't, I'm not the one with a degree in car aesthetics like you.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494929)
Posted by That Bot on June 13th, 2013 @ 11:05am CDT
Image

Most cars that people race were not built with racing as their primary purpose. That's never stopped anybody and probably never will.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494932)
Posted by Flashwave on June 13th, 2013 @ 11:11am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid. Almost as stupid looking as one of these...

Image
Gee, maybe I'm alone, but I for one am thinking that can thingy could make one hell of a sweet mutha of all cannons for a transformer. Light and nimble car, bazooka to make Megatron blush...
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
Rated X wrote:What an ugly ride. All it needs is a giant energy drink can on it's roof like those Red Bull promo cars.


So you want it to be covered in advertisements. Like it already is. Since it's a race car. And racecars are always covered in advertisements.

...

#-o


A racing hatchback ? Thats stupid.


No more stupid than any other kind of car used for racing. :roll:



The sole purpose of a car having a "hatchback" is to easily load cargo. Using them for anything else is pointless. Sure you can supe up it's engine and race it, but it's still stupid. Just like over-inflating a soccer ball so it bounces and using it as a basketball. You COULD do it, but it would be stupid too.


I didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.



You don't need a degree to realize a "hatchback" was designed for loading and unloading. That's why larger hatchbacks are called "SUVs". It means "sports utility vehicle" and the "utility" part is for practical everyday use. You supe up can and race whatever car you want, but that doesn't erase what the whole concept of "hatchbacks" was intended for.

And I'm not a race guy. I'm into classic Impalas, Caddy's, and big boy trucks.


Again i didn't realize you had a degree in car aesthetics.



Again, I didn't realize you believe invention of the "hatchback door" serves any logical purpose specifically designed for the sport of car racing. Enlighten me... >:oP


I'm pretty sure most cars are not designed with the intentions of being straight racecars, aside from the sponsor vehicles in NASCAR today. We humans (because I'm sure its not just an American thing ontrary to what movies want people to think) have a tendency to taker things and do things with them that they were not intended for. the back end of a Hatchback Rally would be a handy place to carry parts similar to the rally trucks carrying theoir own spares since there's a large back door to get into, and a lot fo hatchbacks I see sit rather tall for their size. all he's getting at is that it does the rally thing rather well, with only a minimum of modification. (as in, you can turn a hatachback into rally car more easily than you could a Corvette or a PT) I don't watch a lot of racing
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1494978)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:26pm CDT
....This is funny.
The Gen IV Camaro is a hatchback.
SUV's are not hatchbacks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatchback
Just to add more interest to the discussion.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495016)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 13th, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
To add to the funny side note about hatchbacks, the pinto from Wayne's World is a hatchback, and pinto means "small penis" in Portuguese...
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495040)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 13th, 2013 @ 3:50pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:To add to the funny side note about hatchbacks, the pinto from Wayne's World is a hatchback, and pinto means "small penis" in Portuguese...


In what language does "pinto" mean "fiery explosive death trap" I wonder. :-?
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495054)
Posted by KnightStrike on June 13th, 2013 @ 4:57pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:To add to the funny side note about hatchbacks, the pinto from Wayne's World is a hatchback, and pinto means "small penis" in Portuguese...


In what language does "pinto" mean "fiery explosive death trap" I wonder. :-?


:lol:
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495065)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on June 13th, 2013 @ 5:57pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Again, I didn't realize you believe invention of the "hatchback door" serves any logical purpose specifically designed for the sport of car racing. Enlighten me... >:oP


Rally type vehicles (Like this) often carry tools and spare parts as they race on country back rounds between check points. These check points can be miles between each other. SO while not designed for it, the hatch can make it easier to access said parts.

Anyhow, just because a vehicle has a trunk and not a hatch does not make it any better for racing than that with a hatch. As said before, most chassis that race vehicles are based on were never designed for it anyhow.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495154)
Posted by Rated X on June 14th, 2013 @ 1:04am CDT
Good points have been made. as stated before, I'm no racing fan. I like luxury European sports cars that are associated with bling, but that's about it. I like them for looks and status. Im not a speed guy so whats under the hood means little to me. I always wondered why people put spoilers on race cars. It seems like just adding extra weight. It's not slicing through any air because the roof of the car is taller and blocking it.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495182)
Posted by KnightStrike on June 14th, 2013 @ 6:40am CDT
Rated X wrote:Good points have been made. as stated before, I'm no racing fan. I like luxury European sports cars that are associated with bling, but that's about it. I like them for looks and status. Im not a speed guy so whats under the hood means little to me. I always wondered why people put spoilers on race cars. It seems like just adding extra weight. It's not slicing through any air because the roof of the car is taller and blocking it.


Actually spoilers do break the air flowing over the car and provide downforce on the back end. They "spoil" the aerodynamics, is why they got the name, and help provide added traction and rear end stability at higher speeds. Of course, the reality is if you aren't going to be driving at a high rate of speed and making aggressive turns spoilers and wings just end up being for looks and adding extra weight like you said :D
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495289)
Posted by El Duque on June 14th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CDT
Remember the rescue vehicle that was barely visible in this early group shot of the "Transformers 4" Autobots? A new image has surfaced on the image sharing site Gyazo that gives us a better look at the vehicle, which appears to be an ambulance. The obvious first thought is Ratchet sporting a alt mode and deco, but the vehicles remains unconfirmed for the moment. Check out the image mirrored below:

Image
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495290)
Posted by Delta Magnus on June 14th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT
Dang....Optimus looks pimpin' in that shot.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495293)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 14th, 2013 @ 1:58pm CDT
Sorry, but that new Optimus is ridiculous. The truck used in the first 3 was pretty sweet (flames aside) and looked like a truck that a truck company would actually have. In other words, he was in disguise. I'm glad Ratchet (if him) got a new vehicle mode. I didnt really like the one he had in the first 3. I hope he gets more screen time. He hasn't done much in the franchise yet.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495298)
Posted by Delta Magnus on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Sorry, but that new Optimus is ridiculous. The truck used in the first 3 was pretty sweet (flames aside) and looked like a truck that a truck company would actually have. In other words, he was in disguise. I'm glad Ratchet (if him) got a new vehicle mode. I didnt really like the one he had in the first 3. I hope he gets more screen time. He hasn't done much in the franchise yet.


Meh. He's the leader of the Autobots. Presumably by this point they're well known enough that they don't need to stay completely hidden. By now, his main concern is looking AWESOME. Which he does.

And don't knock the flames!
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495305)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:27pm CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Sorry, but that new Optimus is ridiculous. The truck used in the first 3 was pretty sweet (flames aside) and looked like a truck that a truck company would actually have. In other words, he was in disguise. I'm glad Ratchet (if him) got a new vehicle mode. I didnt really like the one he had in the first 3. I hope he gets more screen time. He hasn't done much in the franchise yet.


Funny you would say that...So in YOUR opinion just cause he doesnt use a truck mode that other people use somehow he's no longer "in disguise"? Are you being serious on that statement? Only a weirdo would go to a weird looking truck and say "Hey I think that's actually a robot" >.>...Nice logic right there buddy.

On other note...Cant wait to see Optimus's new robot mode :O...He looks awesome in that alt mode.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495325)
Posted by spartanH85 on June 14th, 2013 @ 3:24pm CDT
I just love how people are still griping about Optimus Primes Flames. "Oh no Michael bay destroyed my childhood! he put flames on Optimus and he's not a flat nose! Oh no!"

People get over it. Number one: Flat nosed semi's are "obsolete" Number two: Not one person complained about G2 Laser Optimus Prime. Not only was he a LONG NOSE semi his Colors while not red and blue still had the same basic pattern Bayverse Prime has (except the flames)

the other thing that bugs me...if so many people "hate" Michael bay for what he's doing with Transformers why do you people still support him? "Im not going to see that movie" but you do anyway and complain more? "I hate those new designs!" but yet you still collect the toys....Wow....
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495327)
Posted by Delta Magnus on June 14th, 2013 @ 3:27pm CDT
Actually, we still have flat-nose trucks over in the UK. Not sure if they're really the same thing as what Optimus was, though.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495328)
Posted by FurStreak on June 14th, 2013 @ 3:28pm CDT
The most recent group shot of all of the vehicles and the ambulance in the background is most intriguing. Although I hate to say this, but the ambulance is just that. An ambulance. It will not be playing a part within the movie as it is not Ratchet.

As you can clearly see, it is a plane jane ambulance with no special characteristics at all. This ambulance is part of the on site safety and rescue crew for the stunt drivers in such a case as an accident occurs. All vehicles have a specific area in which they must park so that they will be out of frame for when scenes are shot.

As you can see within the picture, the camera vehicle is also parked amongst the other vehicles and known autobots. The only vehicle missing in the picture is Hound, so they must have him elsewhere in order to do a filming sequence. These vehicles are in hiding from the camera as you can see by the higher ground that is behind them. Filming will occur down the road or on the other side of that rise in ground.

I have gone to college for graphics and design among film makers, so I know quite a few tricks from just looking at pictures about movies.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495334)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 14th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
spartanH85 wrote:the other thing that bugs me...if so many people "hate" Michael bay for what he's doing with Transformers why do you people still support him? "Im not going to see that movie" but you do anyway and complain more? "I hate those new designs!" but yet you still collect the toys....Wow....
You'd be surprised by how many folks there are who haven't seen the movies. ;)
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495336)
Posted by zatara1701 on June 14th, 2013 @ 3:38pm CDT
FurStreak wrote:The most recent group shot of all of the vehicles and the ambulance in the background is most intriguing. Although I hate to say this, but the ambulance is just that. An ambulance. It will not be playing a part within the movie as it is not Ratchet.

As you can clearly see, it is a plane jane ambulance with no special characteristics at all. This ambulance is part of the on site safety and rescue crew for the stunt drivers in such a case as an accident occurs. All vehicles have a specific area in which they must park so that they will be out of frame for when scenes are shot.

As you can see within the picture, the camera vehicle is also parked amongst the other vehicles and known autobots. The only vehicle missing in the picture is Hound, so they must have him elsewhere in order to do a filming sequence. These vehicles are in hiding from the camera as you can see by the higher ground that is behind them. Filming will occur down the road or on the other side of that rise in ground.

I have gone to college for graphics and design among film makers, so I know quite a few tricks from just looking at pictures about movies.


Ok, on site medical unit makes sense and is completely logical, BUT I think you are forgetting something... :-B

First, that ambulance was seen while they were filming a convoy scene with all the bots, and now since he is sitting there with his buddies, I cannot disagree with you more on the med unit thing. I am sure they DO have medical units out there, but not that ride inline with the Transformers as they go down the road :HEADHURTS:

Second, you say that the ambulance has no distinctive markings or characteristics markings, etc... 1) They are Robots in Disguise and 2) there hasn't been a pic of the ambulance that's close enough of clear enough to make that specific of statement. :BANG_HEAD: The ONLY distinctive marking he would have is an Autobot symbol. :BOT:

Oh, and thanks for all the filmmaking tips and info you gave, but REALLY dude, does that have any bearing on what we are talking about?? As always, we can speculate all day, but we REALLY won't know till we see the toys and/or movie... :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495348)
Posted by sdn1337 on June 14th, 2013 @ 4:18pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Dang....Optimus looks pimpin' in that shot.


I agree.

I'm loving how the Autobots look together. :BOT:

Very excited to see what is still left in store.
Re: Transformers 4 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700–4 will be an Autobot (1495357)
Posted by Capt.Failure on June 14th, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
spartanH85 wrote:the other thing that bugs me...if so many people "hate" Michael bay for what he's doing with Transformers why do you people still support him? "Im not going to see that movie" but you do anyway and complain more? "I hate those new designs!" but yet you still collect the toys....Wow....
You'd be surprised by how many folks there are who haven't seen the movies. ;)


Trust me Sabr, the plot hole discussion threads prove that at least 70% of the people who hate the films haven't seen them. ;)

Click here to view an additional 243 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014