Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set

Transformers News: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 3:07AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 35,284

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to an article on Sharp Daily, a Hong Kong newspaper, we can report the news that the filming crew for Transformers 4 currently shooting in the city has been attacked by three local men. Also involved in the fight were three policemen and director Michael Bay himself, though injuries do not appear to have been reported as severe for any of the parties involved. The reason behind the attack seems to be a miscommunication or a missed payment: the crew had paid a fee to the people renting out or owning the premises being used for filming, but the three men involved claimed they had received none of the money, and headed towards the set to protest.

If any of our Seibertron.com members has a better knowledge of Chinese, please provide us with more details and we will update this story accordingly! In the meantime, you can read the Google Translate version here.

Transformers News: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set

Transformers News: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set

Transformers News: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set
Credit(s): Sharp Daily
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524369)
Posted by Brianstrom on October 17th, 2013 @ 4:54am CDT
From local news paper:

A few days ago the crew was decided to shoot in a little shopping mall in Hong Kong, they paid nearby shops before they start any shooting, in case they break anything. But there was a Hardware Store that was closed for a long time, and the crew can't contact anyone from the shop. Today (17 Oct) when they start to shoot, the owner of the shop returned with two young man, asking them to pay. (This is a tradition among Hong Kong gangster/triad, where they ask for some "protection fee" when someone come to work in their territory).

The crew argued with them and called the police, when policemen arrived, those three man fought with the police and the crew , one of them ram into Micheal Bay, injuring two senior policeman and a western director ( :michaelbay: ). At last they are all arrested and one of them were found to be a fugitive.


Policeman are and talking with the crew and investigating.
Image
Policeman closed the area for investigation.
Image

btw I am from Hong Kong :BOWDOWN:
(sorry for my bad English )
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524370)
Posted by Brianstrom on October 17th, 2013 @ 5:01am CDT
By the way


Image
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524377)
Posted by guarayakha on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:08am CDT
Well, it could've turn ugly if Mike decides to push some buttons.

:michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524386)
Posted by shockblast2 on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:56am CDT
Cool! Hopefully Michael Bay got sucker punched right in the face. I would pay money to see that. I would rather see that than this inevitable train wreck of a movie he is filming.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524387)
Posted by hinomars19 on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:56am CDT
Blimey, Chinese mobs in this day and age (that's not racism, by the way)
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.
Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs :michaelbay: :shock:

For a minute when I saw the news post I thought maybe a faction of the TF fandom had finally cracked over his portrayal of Transformers. :P

If I can just clarify, this post is kinda tongue in cheek. I'm not racist to the Chinese (I really like the oriental half of the world, actually), I do not find violence toward anyone funny, and even if I am starting to really dislike Micheal Bays handling of the franchise, I do not expect or condone hate from the fandom. :BOT:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524388)
Posted by mooncake623 on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:57am CDT
I don't get it. why didn't they just pay the shop owners like they paid the others.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524391)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:41am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:I don't get it. why didn't they just pay the shop owners like they paid the others.

It could be implied that they were not being "agreeable". These men were found to be fugitives that were not even easy to contact. I might be watching too many movies here, but they probably were more focused on intimidation (they had the gall to FIGHT POLICE officers, in the US, they probably wouldn't be alive) or asked for a very high price.

In other news, Bay will probably brag about stopping crime internationally.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524392)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:45am CDT
damn i was hoping some fans finally snapped & tried to end this nightmare but no it was just 3 greedy dudes looking for money. Wouldnt be surprised at all of this was just a publicity stunt.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524393)
Posted by shockblast2 on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:01am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs



Yeah, right. What would he have done, threatened them with his credit card?
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524396)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:35am CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs



Yeah, right. What would he have done, threatened them with his credit card?


Wrong! He would have opened the 9th circle of hell where the ORIGINAL Scripts of his movies are kept.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524397)
Posted by Rated X on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:36am CDT
Awesome !!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

I hope somebody puts it on youtube ! we haven't had any fun since the Shia labouf streetfight !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524398)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:43am CDT
The stuff i hear about the filming of all the movies so far... fights with actors, chick getting brain damage, angry locals starting shit... the laws of nature just don't want these movies to be made. :lol:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524399)
Posted by njb902 on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:46am CDT
When isn't violence funny :lol:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524404)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 17th, 2013 @ 10:08am CDT
:)) :VEHI:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524411)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 17th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
I was thinking some crazed Transformers fan actually carried out his threat. Huh. >:oP
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524412)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:12am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Blimey, Chinese mobs in this day and age (that's not racism, by the way)
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.
Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs :michaelbay: :shock:

For a minute when I saw the news post I thought maybe a faction of the TF fandom had finally cracked over his portrayal of Transformers. :P

If I can just clarify, this post is kinda tongue in cheek. I'm not racist to the Chinese (I really like the oriental half of the world, actually), I do not find violence toward anyone funny, and even if I am starting to really dislike Micheal Bays handling of the franchise, I do not expect or condone hate from the fandom. :BOT:


Why so defensive? Call a spade a spade kimosabe!
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524413)
Posted by LiKwid on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:13am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:I was thinking some crazed Transformers fan actually carried out his threat. Huh. >:oP


Exactly..I think bay got off easy because a mob of crazed and enraged Transformers fans would do faaaar worse I think..
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524420)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:46am CDT
Hopefully no one was seriously hurt.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524421)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Blimey, Chinese mobs in this day and age (that's not racism, by the way)
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.
Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs :michaelbay: :shock:

For a minute when I saw the news post I thought maybe a faction of the TF fandom had finally cracked over his portrayal of Transformers. :P

If I can just clarify, this post is kinda tongue in cheek. I'm not racist to the Chinese (I really like the oriental half of the world, actually), I do not find violence toward anyone funny, and even if I am starting to really dislike Micheal Bays handling of the franchise, I do not expect or condone hate from the fandom. :BOT:


Why so defensive? Call a spade a spade kimosabe!


Call a spade a spade?? Well...in that case I'm going to have to call the rest of you who are promoting and reveling in the attempts at violence against Bay complete and total assholes and piss poor representatives of our fandom and quite possibly the lowest form of human life on the planet. Disgusting little pukes is what you people are. You may not like his work and you are well entitled to that opinion but to wish violence upon him simply because YOU don't happen to agree with his style of film making? **** You, you arrogant little bastards! I hope somebody beats the holy living **** out of YOU people because, quite frankly, you all offend the hell out of me and are an insult and an abomination to this entire fandom.

There... pisses you all off, doesn't it? Offended, ready to lash back at me and rip me a new one, get me banned or just plain jump up in my face? Then think about how everyone else that YOU attack feels!! Sucks, doesn't it?

Now, the question is... are any of you actually going to learn anything from this or do I have to make my inflammatory example above an actual hard and fast, true-to-life opinion of how you folks REALLY are? I would hate to think that my fellow fans are really like that but honestly, many of you make it VERY easy to accept that belief.

Mods... you know me by now, you know I have done stuff like this in the past simply to get folks to think, to open their eyes, to view things differently and see how their actions affect others and how they are representing this site to the rest of the world. You know I do this because I actually give a damn about my fellow fans and how we are represented out there so having said this, do what you will with me.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524425)
Posted by TheDownshift on October 17th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Blimey, Chinese mobs in this day and age (that's not racism, by the way)
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.
Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs :michaelbay: :shock:

For a minute when I saw the news post I thought maybe a faction of the TF fandom had finally cracked over his portrayal of Transformers. :P

If I can just clarify, this post is kinda tongue in cheek. I'm not racist to the Chinese (I really like the oriental half of the world, actually), I do not find violence toward anyone funny, and even if I am starting to really dislike Micheal Bays handling of the franchise, I do not expect or condone hate from the fandom. :BOT:


Why so defensive? Call a spade a spade kimosabe!


Call a spade a spade?? Well...in that case I'm going to have to call the rest of you who are promoting and reveling in the attempts at violence against Bay complete and total assholes and piss poor representatives of our fandom and quite possibly the lowest form of human life on the planet. Disgusting little pukes is what you people are. You may not like his work and you are well entitled to that opinion but to wish violence upon him simply because YOU don't happen to agree with his style of film making? **** You, you arrogant little bastards! I hope somebody beats the holy living **** out of YOU people because, quite frankly, you all offend the hell out of me and are an insult and an abomination to this entire fandom.

There... pisses you all off, doesn't it? Offended, ready to lash back at me and rip me a new one, get me banned or just plain jump up in my face? Then think about how everyone else that YOU attack feels!! Sucks, doesn't it?

Now, the question is... are any of you actually going to learn anything from this or do I have to make my inflammatory example above an actual hard and fast, true-to-life opinion of how you folks REALLY are? I would hate to think that my fellow fans are really like that but honestly, many of you make it VERY easy to accept that belief.

Mods... you know me by now, you know I have done stuff like this in the past simply to get folks to think, to open their eyes, to view things differently and see how their actions affect others and how they are representing this site to the rest of the world. You know I do this because I actually give a damn about my fellow fans and how we are represented out there so having said this, do what you will with me.


Christ on a crutch dude, you mad?
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524430)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 17th, 2013 @ 12:55pm CDT
What the hell is going on in here?!

Let's get a few things clear, mmmkay?

1.)
shockblast2 wrote:Cool! Hopefully Michael Bay got sucker punched right in the face. I would pay money to see that. I would rather see that than this inevitable train wreck of a movie he is filming.


We do not condone violence here. You can be angry, you're entitled to your opinion, but wishing harm? Not cool. Please keep comments like this to a minimum. If it were a robber getting his due, that comment would be understandable. This is a movie director doing his job. Your desire for violence against him should be kept to yourself.

2.)
T-Macksimus wrote:Call a spade a spade?? Well...in that case I'm going to have to call the rest of you who are promoting and reveling in the attempts at violence against Bay complete and total assholes and piss poor representatives of our fandom and quite possibly the lowest form of human life on the planet. Disgusting little pukes is what you people are. You may not like his work and you are well entitled to that opinion but to wish violence upon him simply because YOU don't happen to agree with his style of film making? **** You, you arrogant little bastards! I hope somebody beats the holy living **** out of YOU people because, quite frankly, you all offend the hell out of me and are an insult and an abomination to this entire fandom.

There... pisses you all off, doesn't it? Offended, ready to lash back at me and rip me a new one, get me banned or just plain jump up in my face? Then think about how everyone else that YOU attack feels!! Sucks, doesn't it?

Now, the question is... are any of you actually going to learn anything from this or do I have to make my inflammatory example above an actual hard and fast, true-to-life opinion of how you folks REALLY are? I would hate to think that my fellow fans are really like that but honestly, many of you make it VERY easy to accept that belief.

Mods... you know me by now, you know I have done stuff like this in the past simply to get folks to think, to open their eyes, to view things differently and see how their actions affect others and how they are representing this site to the rest of the world. You know I do this because I actually give a damn about my fellow fans and how we are represented out there so having said this, do what you will with me.


First of all, calm down.
Second, I understand your frustration, but lashing out as you did went way over the line. This, much like the wishes of violence posts, is unacceptable behavior. You're a very intelligent poster, yet you got down in the gutter to make your point. Please, please, please people.... DON'T DO THAT.
Third, don't take matters into your own hands. We are here for multiple purposes, asking us to step in is one of them. If you ever have a problem, press the report button and let us handle it. (this last part goes to ALL of you)

I don't know what happened here, but this kind of crap needs to stop before it gets worse. You guys do realize you're fighting like this over a set of movies, right? Right?!

Please. Stop.

Megatron Wolf wrote:damn i was hoping some fans finally snapped & tried to end this nightmare but no it was just 3 greedy dudes looking for money. Wouldnt be surprised at all of this was just a publicity stunt.


After reading through this thread, I'm genuinely scared that's what will happen some day.

PrymeStriker wrote:I was thinking some crazed Transformers fan actually carried out his threat. Huh. >:oP


I hope we're better than that. We have to be.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524431)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 17th, 2013 @ 12:59pm CDT
This story mostly has me wondering just how common these sort of altercations are on movie shoots overall.

Specifically, has this ever happened to Uwe Boll, or has he successfully kept it in the boxing ring?

I too would love to see footage of this.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524433)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 17th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:This story mostly has me wondering just how common these sort of altercations are on movie shoots overall.

Specifically, has this ever happened to Uwe Boll, or has he successfully kept it in the boxing ring?

I too would love to see footage of this.


In the age of smartphones and tablets, I'm sure someone caught it on video.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524434)
Posted by njb902 on October 17th, 2013 @ 1:12pm CDT
I'm willing to bet TF4's security budget is going to go up.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524443)
Posted by El Duque on October 17th, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT
Michael Bay has posted a message on his official website regarding the recently reported altercation during the Transformers: Age of Extinction Hong Kong filming. He confirms the incident did take place, but states not all the details that are circulating are accurate. See his statement below:


Michael Bay wrote:Hi, it’s Michael.
Yes, the story is being passed around is not all true! Yes, some drugged up guys were being belligerent asses to my crew for hours in the morning of our first shoot day in Hong Kong. One guy rolled metal carts into some of my actors trying to shake us down for thousands of dollars to not play his loud music or hit us with bricks.

Every vendor where we shot got paid a fair price for our inconvenience, but he wanted four times that amount. I personally told this man and his friends to forget it we were not going to let him extort us. He didn’t like that answer. So an hour later he came by my crew as we were shooting, carrying a long air conditioner unit. He walked right up to me and tried to smack my face, but I ducked threw the air unit on the floor and pushed him away. That’s when the security jumped on him. But it took seven big guys to subdue him. It was like a Zombie in Brad Pitt’s movie World War Z—he lifted seven guys up and tried to bite them. He actually bit into one of the guards Nike shoe, insane. Thank god it was an Air Max, the bubble popped, but the toe was saved.

Then it took fifteen Hong Kong cops in riot gear to deal with these punks. In all, four guys were arrested for assaulting the officers.

After that, we had a great day shooting here in Hong Kong.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524449)
Posted by noctorro on October 17th, 2013 @ 2:10pm CDT
Free advertisment, free advertisment everywhere.

Lol story, I lolled
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524452)
Posted by VirusCarnage on October 17th, 2013 @ 2:27pm CDT
Lmao this is just too funny, I don't even care about the fact that the filming was probably delayed, but just how I've 3 different sides of this story today is just hilarious.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524454)
Posted by Rated X on October 17th, 2013 @ 2:48pm CDT
With the amount of secrecy, rumors, and lies that Michael Bay puts into his filmaking, how can he expect anyone to believe this statement ? >:oP

Lets just wait for a youtube video to surface and see what really went down... :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524456)
Posted by Meantoy on October 17th, 2013 @ 2:50pm CDT
Im pretty sure it happened just like Bay said.....lol not. Like the saying goes: More than meets the eye lol prob alot more. :lol: :APPLAUSE: Best news ive seen about this "Blockbuster movie franchise" :lol: Made my day. :HEADHURTS: :-B
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524465)
Posted by EnergonPoopShoot on October 17th, 2013 @ 3:32pm CDT
F#@& the global economy, film the next movie in the US or similar country not plagued with human rights concerns or issues of freedom.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524466)
Posted by njb902 on October 17th, 2013 @ 3:35pm CDT
EnergonPoopShoot wrote:F#@& the global economy, film the next movie in the US or similar country not plagued with human rights concerns or issues of freedom.


You won't find one.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524500)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I was thinking some crazed Transformers fan actually carried out his threat. Huh. >:oP


I hope we're better than that. We have to be.

With the irrational, overblown, hate filled, nonsense I've seen some people post, I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually did that.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524501)
Posted by TimothyR on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Blimey, Chinese mobs in this day and age (that's not racism, by the way)
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.
Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs :michaelbay: :shock:

For a minute when I saw the news post I thought maybe a faction of the TF fandom had finally cracked over his portrayal of Transformers. :P

If I can just clarify, this post is kinda tongue in cheek. I'm not racist to the Chinese (I really like the oriental half of the world, actually), I do not find violence toward anyone funny, and even if I am starting to really dislike Micheal Bays handling of the franchise, I do not expect or condone hate from the fandom. :BOT:


Why so defensive? Call a spade a spade kimosabe!


Call a spade a spade?? Well...in that case I'm going to have to call the rest of you who are promoting and reveling in the attempts at violence against Bay complete and total assholes and piss poor representatives of our fandom and quite possibly the lowest form of human life on the planet. Disgusting little pukes is what you people are. You may not like his work and you are well entitled to that opinion but to wish violence upon him simply because YOU don't happen to agree with his style of film making? **** You, you arrogant little bastards! I hope somebody beats the holy living **** out of YOU people because, quite frankly, you all offend the hell out of me and are an insult and an abomination to this entire fandom.

There... pisses you all off, doesn't it? Offended, ready to lash back at me and rip me a new one, get me banned or just plain jump up in my face? Then think about how everyone else that YOU attack feels!! Sucks, doesn't it?

Now, the question is... are any of you actually going to learn anything from this or do I have to make my inflammatory example above an actual hard and fast, true-to-life opinion of how you folks REALLY are? I would hate to think that my fellow fans are really like that but honestly, many of you make it VERY easy to accept that belief.

Mods... you know me by now, you know I have done stuff like this in the past simply to get folks to think, to open their eyes, to view things differently and see how their actions affect others and how they are representing this site to the rest of the world. You know I do this because I actually give a damn about my fellow fans and how we are represented out there so having said this, do what you will with me.


VERY well said.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524504)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:42pm CDT
Dude, your taking this all too seriously. People ranting and exagerating their hatred is probably as old as cavemen. You can put away your soapbox, I'm sure 99% of the people who make threats out of hate for the movies are just doing so to personify their hatred for the movies, and aren't even violent natured folk. There's enough real violence regarding real issues to get mad about, chill out.

This is mildly funny anyway, I've seen funnier shit happen with wackos in my own neighborhood. Though I woulda liked to see Bay duck into the AC unit.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524507)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:07pm CDT
everyones kung fu fighting......
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524550)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on October 18th, 2013 @ 4:33am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Dude, your taking this all too seriously. People ranting and exagerating their hatred is probably as old as cavemen. You can put away your soapbox, I'm sure 99% of the people who make threats out of hate for the movies are just doing so to personify their hatred for the movies, and aren't even violent natured folk. There's enough real violence regarding real issues to get mad about, chill out.

This is mildly funny anyway, I've seen funnier shit happen with wackos in my own neighborhood. Though I woulda liked to see Bay duck into the AC unit.

If you want to act like a caveman, fine. Make a Michael Bay effigy and beat it with a club if you want to, I don't care. But this forum is open for the world to see and you're making us all look like whiny man-children with severe antisocial disorders. Normal people don't spend their free time shoving their irrational and over blown hatred down everyone's throats every chance they get. Especially when it's about something as trivial as a movie series that's approaching it's 4th installment.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524554)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 18th, 2013 @ 4:49am CDT
Sounds like prime material for a GTA dlc mission and/or bonus content on the disc release.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524562)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 18th, 2013 @ 7:44am CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I was thinking some crazed Transformers fan actually carried out his threat. Huh. >:oP


I hope we're better than that. We have to be.

With the irrational, overblown, hate filled, nonsense I've seen some people post, I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually did that.


Just incredibly self-important and egotistical to assume it HAD to be fans. If Michael Bay is right about his explanation, it had nothing to do with fans (as I would expect it to have nothing to do with TF fans).

People can be belligerent to extort money or just out of blind racism/xenophobia.

Some of you guys need to stop taking the forums so seriously, and stop taking them as an accurate representation of TF fandom - the fact is that a lot more TF fans do NOT post, compared to the few that post some rabid replies.

I'm sure China is more embarrassed than anyone else (or should be). They haven't looked that stupid since the arrival of the Olympic teams wearing gas masks! :roll:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524563)
Posted by Brianstrom on October 18th, 2013 @ 7:51am CDT
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524564)
Posted by njb902 on October 18th, 2013 @ 7:57am CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I was thinking some crazed Transformers fan actually carried out his threat. Huh. >:oP


I hope we're better than that. We have to be.

With the irrational, overblown, hate filled, nonsense I've seen some people post, I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually did that.


Just incredibly self-important and egotistical to assume it HAD to be fans. If Michael Bay is right about his explanation, it had nothing to do with fans (as I would expect it to have nothing to do with TF fans).

People can be belligerent to extort money or just out of blind racism/xenophobia.

Some of you guys need to stop taking the forums so seriously, and stop taking them as an accurate representation of TF fandom - the fact is that a lot more TF fans do NOT post, compared to the few that post some rabid replies.

I'm sure China is more embarrassed than anyone else (or should be). They haven't looked that stupid since the arrival of the Olympic teams wearing gas masks! :roll:


Or maybe some of us have seen real violence and struggle to deal with it. Maybe some of us believe that if you desensitize yourself to violence it's easier to commit.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524574)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on October 18th, 2013 @ 9:06am CDT
so Bay was going to get his face smashed by a long air conditioner unit LMAO !!!!!

that is what you get for making stupid movies. >:oP
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524578)
Posted by njb902 on October 18th, 2013 @ 9:23am CDT
MagnetarPrime wrote:so Bay was going to get his face smashed by a long air conditioner unit LMAO !!!!!

that is what you get for making stupid movies. >:oP


So where is the line drawn for the acceptability of assault? A bad cup of coffee, a long wait at the checkout, a late delivery, or hell maybe your significant other mouths off to you a little? So where?
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524633)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 18th, 2013 @ 2:38pm CDT
Look, it's okay to not like the movies, but these are human beings and we should show some sort of compassion for what happened. My personal opinions aside here about the films, I honestly am glad no one was seriously hurt.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524694)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 18th, 2013 @ 7:53pm CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:If you want to act like a caveman, fine. Make a Michael Bay effigy and beat it with a club if you want to, I don't care. But this forum is open for the world to see and you're making us all look like whiny man-children with severe antisocial disorders. Normal people don't spend their free time shoving their irrational and over blown hatred down everyone's throats every chance they get. Especially when it's about something as trivial as a movie series that's approaching it's 4th installment.

Blah blah soapbox banter blah blah. The only thing abnormal is caring so much about what others think. No one is going to think your a sociopath for being a tf fan anyway, and if they're on the forums, they already know the realities that any fandom has "extremists". Given the rules I've read in this forum, if your offended with someone's post, report it, and save us having to read your chunks of text all about how bad we are, stabbing at the fandom as a whole and actually weakening our unity, not to mention souring the vibe of the thread.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524695)
Posted by njb902 on October 18th, 2013 @ 8:02pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:If you want to act like a caveman, fine. Make a Michael Bay effigy and beat it with a club if you want to, I don't care. But this forum is open for the world to see and you're making us all look like whiny man-children with severe antisocial disorders. Normal people don't spend their free time shoving their irrational and over blown hatred down everyone's throats every chance they get. Especially when it's about something as trivial as a movie series that's approaching it's 4th installment.

Blah blah soapbox banter blah blah. The only thing abnormal is caring so much about what others think. No one is going to think your a sociopath for being a tf fan anyway, and if they're on the forums, they already know the realities that any fandom has "extremists". Given the rules I've read in this forum, if your offended with someone's post, report it, and save us having to read your chunks of text all about how bad we are, stabbing at the fandom as a whole and actually weakening our unity, not to mention souring the vibe of the thread.


All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524698)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 18th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing.

That isn't applicable to what I just said. It only applies if your standing next to a man being beaten to death. This is far from what seems to have happened. If a man gets into a fight, it's his fight. If he was being beaten to death, I'm sure I and that same 99% would man up and step in to stop it. That's not what I was speaking about though. I was just speaking about chilling out on a forum.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524699)
Posted by Burn on October 18th, 2013 @ 8:32pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Given the rules I've read in this forum, if your offended with someone's post, report it, and save us having to read your chunks of text all about how bad we are,


Or just don't bother reading it, that saves time too. :wink:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524700)
Posted by njb902 on October 18th, 2013 @ 8:35pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
njb902 wrote:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing.

That isn't applicable to what I just said. It only applies if your standing next to a man being beaten to death. This is far from what seems to have happened. If a man gets into a fight, it's his fight. If he was being beaten to death, I'm sure I and that same 99% would man up and step in to stop it. That's not what I was speaking about though. I was just speaking about chilling out on a forum.



99% would not stand up, that isn't what humans do. You say my quote doesn't apply, I say it couldn't apply more. It starts with words, some even in jest, and the next thing you know a little girl jumps off a cement factory. A few more words in a beer hall leads to a holocaust. Overly dramatic sure, but they started with words nonetheless.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524701)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 18th, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
njb902 wrote:99% would not stand up, that isn't what humans do.
You say my quote doesn't apply, I say it couldn't apply more. It starts with words, some even in jest, and the next thing you know a little girl jumps off a cement factory. A few more words in a beer hall leads to a holocaust. Overly dramatic sure, but they started with words nonetheless.

99% probably wouldn't, guess I was being too optimistic. What you just said does hold truth, but you could still combat the extreme words of violence by reporting it, rather than going on and on with all this self-righteousness when, in all honesty, I'm willing to bet no one in this thread that's said violent crap about Bay is in any way going to go act on it ever.

Burn wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Given the rules I've read in this forum, if your offended with someone's post, report it, and save us having to read your chunks of text all about how bad we are,


Or just don't bother reading it, that saves time too. :wink:

Word. Good advice that I should try to adhere to more in the future. Cheers.
Now for some violence we can all enjoy.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524702)
Posted by njb902 on October 18th, 2013 @ 8:50pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
njb902 wrote:99% would not stand up, that isn't what humans do.
You say my quote doesn't apply, I say it couldn't apply more. It starts with words, some even in jest, and the next thing you know a little girl jumps off a cement factory. A few more words in a beer hall leads to a holocaust. Overly dramatic sure, but they started with words nonetheless.

99% probably wouldn't, guess I was being too optimistic. What you just said does hold truth, but you could still combat the extreme words of violence by reporting it, rather than going on and on with all this self-righteousness when, in all honesty, I'm willing to bet no one in this thread that's said violent crap about Bay is in any way going to go act on it ever.

Burn wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Given the rules I've read in this forum, if your offended with someone's post, report it, and save us having to read your chunks of text all about how bad we are,


Or just don't bother reading it, that saves time too. :wink:

Word. Good advice that I should try to adhere to more in the future. Cheers.


It isn't about them acting on it(though that would be more of a tragedy) , it's about them wishing harm on someone over a movie they don't like.

Click here to view an additional 32 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014