Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set

Transformers News: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set

Thursday, October 17th, 2013 3:07AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 38,945

Thanks to an article on Sharp Daily, a Hong Kong newspaper, we can report the news that the filming crew for Transformers 4 currently shooting in the city has been attacked by three local men. Also involved in the fight were three policemen and director Michael Bay himself, though injuries do not appear to have been reported as severe for any of the parties involved. The reason behind the attack seems to be a miscommunication or a missed payment: the crew had paid a fee to the people renting out or owning the premises being used for filming, but the three men involved claimed they had received none of the money, and headed towards the set to protest.

If any of our Seibertron.com members has a better knowledge of Chinese, please provide us with more details and we will update this story accordingly! In the meantime, you can read the Google Translate version here.

Transformers News: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set

Transformers News: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set

Transformers News: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set
Credit(s): Sharp Daily

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524369)
Posted by Brianstrom on October 17th, 2013 @ 4:54am CDT
From local news paper:

A few days ago the crew was decided to shoot in a little shopping mall in Hong Kong, they paid nearby shops before they start any shooting, in case they break anything. But there was a Hardware Store that was closed for a long time, and the crew can't contact anyone from the shop. Today (17 Oct) when they start to shoot, the owner of the shop returned with two young man, asking them to pay. (This is a tradition among Hong Kong gangster/triad, where they ask for some "protection fee" when someone come to work in their territory).

The crew argued with them and called the police, when policemen arrived, those three man fought with the police and the crew , one of them ram into Micheal Bay, injuring two senior policeman and a western director ( :michaelbay: ). At last they are all arrested and one of them were found to be a fugitive.

Policeman are and talking with the crew and investigating.

Policeman closed the area for investigation.

btw I am from Hong Kong :BOWDOWN:
(sorry for my bad English )
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524370)
Posted by Brianstrom on October 17th, 2013 @ 5:01am CDT
By the way

Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524377)
Posted by guarayakha on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:08am CDT
Well, it could've turn ugly if Mike decides to push some buttons.

:michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524386)
Posted by shockblast2 on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:56am CDT
Cool! Hopefully Michael Bay got sucker punched right in the face. I would pay money to see that. I would rather see that than this inevitable train wreck of a movie he is filming.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524387)
Posted by hinomars19 on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:56am CDT
Blimey, Chinese mobs in this day and age (that's not racism, by the way)
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.
Man, what if Bay actually went full on action star like the characters he directs :michaelbay: :shock:

For a minute when I saw the news post I thought maybe a faction of the TF fandom had finally cracked over his portrayal of Transformers. :P

If I can just clarify, this post is kinda tongue in cheek. I'm not racist to the Chinese (I really like the oriental half of the world, actually), I do not find violence toward anyone funny, and even if I am starting to really dislike Micheal Bays handling of the franchise, I do not expect or condone hate from the fandom. :BOT:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524388)
Posted by mooncake623 on October 17th, 2013 @ 7:57am CDT
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524391)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:41am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:I don't get it. why didn't they just pay the shop owners like they paid the others.

It could be implied that they were not being "agreeable". These men were found to be fugitives that were not even easy to contact. I might be watching too many movies here, but they probably were more focused on intimidation (they had the gall to FIGHT POLICE officers, in the US, they probably wouldn't be alive) or asked for a very high price.

In other news, Bay will probably brag about stopping crime internationally.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524392)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 17th, 2013 @ 8:45am CDT
damn i was hoping some fans finally snapped & tried to end this nightmare but no it was just 3 greedy dudes looking for money. Wouldnt be surprised at all of this was just a publicity stunt.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524393)
Posted by shockblast2 on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:01am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:

Yeah, right. What would he have done, threatened them with his credit card?
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524396)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:35am CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:

Yeah, right. What would he have done, threatened them with his credit card?

Wrong! He would have opened the 9th circle of hell where the ORIGINAL Scripts of his movies are kept.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524397)
Posted by Rated X on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:36am CDT
Awesome !!! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

I hope somebody puts it on youtube ! we haven't had any fun since the Shia labouf streetfight !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524398)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:43am CDT
The stuff i hear about the filming of all the movies so far... fights with actors, chick getting brain damage, angry locals starting shit... the laws of nature just don't want these movies to be made. :lol:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524399)
Posted by njb902 on October 17th, 2013 @ 9:46am CDT
When isn't violence funny :lol:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524404)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 17th, 2013 @ 10:08am CDT
:)) :VEHI:
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524411)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 17th, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524412)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:12am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Blimey, Chinese mobs in this day and age (that's not racism, by the way)
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.

Why so defensive? Call a spade a spade kimosabe!
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524413)
Posted by LiKwid on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:13am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:I was thinking some crazed Transformers fan actually carried out his threat. Huh. >:oP

Exactly..I think bay got off easy because a mob of crazed and enraged Transformers fans would do faaaar worse I think..
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524420)
Posted by Tyrannacon on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:46am CDT
Hopefully no one was seriously hurt.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524421)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 17th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.

Why so defensive? Call a spade a spade kimosabe!

Call a spade a spade?? Well...in that case I'm going to have to call the rest of you who are promoting and reveling in the attempts at violence against Bay complete and total assholes and piss poor representatives of our fandom and quite possibly the lowest form of human life on the planet. Disgusting little pukes is what you people are. You may not like his work and you are well entitled to that opinion but to wish violence upon him simply because YOU don't happen to agree with his style of film making? **** You, you arrogant little bastards! I hope somebody beats the holy living **** out of YOU people because, quite frankly, you all offend the hell out of me and are an insult and an abomination to this entire fandom.

There... pisses you all off, doesn't it? Offended, ready to lash back at me and rip me a new one, get me banned or just plain jump up in my face? Then think about how everyone else that YOU attack feels!! Sucks, doesn't it?

Now, the question is... are any of you actually going to learn anything from this or do I have to make my inflammatory example above an actual hard and fast, true-to-life opinion of how you folks REALLY are? I would hate to think that my fellow fans are really like that but honestly, many of you make it VERY easy to accept that belief.

Mods... you know me by now, you know I have done stuff like this in the past simply to get folks to think, to open their eyes, to view things differently and see how their actions affect others and how they are representing this site to the rest of the world. You know I do this because I actually give a damn about my fellow fans and how we are represented out there so having said this, do what you will with me.
Re: Transformers 4: Michael Bay and Crew Attacked on Set (1524425)
Posted by TheDownshift on October 17th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
I'm guessing nobody was too injured from the article, that's good.

Why so defensive? Call a spade a spade kimosabe!

Christ on a crutch dude, you mad?

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Combiner Wars Figure - Time Remaining: 11 days 12 hours 48 minutes 50 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS LEADER CLASS STARSCREAM ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 24 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Sky Lynx Voyager Class Figure - Time Remaining: 18 days 21 hours 28 minutes 38 seconds
SDCC 2011 OPTIMUS PRIME First Edition Transformers Display Matrix Deluxe Class - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 29 minutes 44 seconds
1983 Transformers Original G1 Soundwave Walkie Talkies in Original Box - Works! - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 20 minutes 32 seconds
G1 Transformers Jetfire - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 28 minutes 14 seconds
G1 Transformers Hard Hero Series 3 Autobot Prowl Bust Porcelain Cold Cast - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 29 minutes
Transformers Classics Voyager OPTIMUS PRIME Robots In Disguise 2006 - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 33 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016