Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed

Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 6:36AM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,902

With all new reveals of Autobot alt modes recently, It is about time we get to see the newish look for the big bot himself. Michael Bay has posted an image of Optimus Prime's new look. He takes on more of a hybrid look between previous movies and Transformers Prime.

Michael Bay wrote:The completely upgraded, custom-built Optimus Prime from Western Star (a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America).

Re: Transformers 4 Vehicles Revealed.
Credit(s): MichaelBay.com
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491045)
Posted by Ironhide516 on May 29th, 2013 @ 6:45am CDT
Man look at all that chrome, so shiney I can see myself in it :D
The next question is, will his robot size be larger too :-?
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491047)
Posted by NovaSentinel on May 29th, 2013 @ 6:55am CDT
He'd better have a trailer... And it'd better be bitchin...

This one looks more aerodynamic and is probably a better truck technically than the Peterbuilt, but its just too curvy for Optimus. Prime needs to be a brick of a vehicle mode, this truck would better suit Rodimus Prime, if he ever appears in the movieverse.

I hope there's more of these to come, as Bay said a 'convoy' of autobots, and by my books, two cars and a truck doesn't justify a convoy.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491048)
Posted by guarayakha on May 29th, 2013 @ 6:58am CDT
It's as if they weren't standing out from the crowd already by being a convoy of shiny concept race cars. The movie Prime is like "Hey cons, I just beheaded your dear leader Megatron and destroyed Cybertron; If you have any problems with that, you won't have a hard time lookin' for me :BOT: "

Now if only the toy have that amount of chrome, otherwise we'll be seeing cheap grey plastics till the Asian Exclusives show up.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491050)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 29th, 2013 @ 7:05am CDT
All I can do is laugh! :lol:
NovaSentinel wrote:Rodimus Prime, if he ever appears in the movieverse.

NO! NO! NO! Anyone but that shite Autobot leader will do.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491051)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 29th, 2013 @ 7:11am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Robots in DISGUISE? Some of the most stand out vehicles on the road.

Mind you G1 Mirage was single seater race car so that would have limited his area of operation.

Not to mention not even halfway through season one, EVERYONE knew about them, so the whole "Robots in Disguise" thing was pointless.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491055)
Posted by CBratetron on May 29th, 2013 @ 7:27am CDT
Didn't Michael Bay claim they were headed a different direction?
This looks like more of the same.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491056)
Posted by NovaSentinel on May 29th, 2013 @ 7:35am CDT
The Bugatti could be Bluestreak, if Bay took his name too literally...

Someone on TFW2005 has done a nice PhotoShop job on Prime that improves him a great deal (I can't upload the pic as im on my phone). I think the biggest problem with this truck is the oversized hood bump thing, and the ridiculously out of place car wing mirrors.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491057)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 29th, 2013 @ 7:39am CDT
Pretty slick. I like it.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491059)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 29th, 2013 @ 7:41am CDT
Can't wait to see who they are.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491060)
Posted by Windsweeper on May 29th, 2013 @ 7:43am CDT
I'd like to see Rodimus myself.

New direction? Maybe the main villain won't be a prime like the last 2 films.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491061)
Posted by rockman_fan on May 29th, 2013 @ 7:54am CDT
needs more flames. :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491065)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:06am CDT
This is so awesome!!! I like the race look and the more exotic cars :grin: . I mean think about it...the Cons have more fliers but we get the ground speeders :-? . I'm looking forward to what will come of these new designs. I'm thinking with the added bulk of Prime's truck mode that we may actually get a movieverse figure that is proportionated properly and doesn't have exposed hands, arms, feet, head syndrome going on. There is a lot of area to work with in that extended cab to hide his robot parts. I'm hoping there is a snazzy new trailer to boot too. I'm not a Bay fan but let's see what happens as this line up looks promising. I'm trying to remain as "Optimus"tic as I can with this re-launch of the brand and movieverse. :BOT:
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491069)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:18am CDT
Too much blue.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491071)
Posted by sdn1337 on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:21am CDT
Red_Sun wrote:
the new optimus prime. looks good.

Uh ohhh I love how this is one of the first things I woke up to today! Great way to start the day. :BOT:

I agree. I really like the way this looks.

It's very funny because recently I purchased a RTS Optimus and I love the figure.

A couple of days ago I'm just messing around with it and thought to myself "They should really have the next design be G2 inspired"

Which is kind of what it looks like to me. Considering this is the second generation of movies.

I would be very pleased if he looked like this

With the sword too and Optimus will actully hold it, not having his arm transform into a sword.

I never really like the whole hand/arm transformers into weapon thing. But I guess it grew on me due to watching Prime. They are Transformers anyway.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491073)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on May 29th, 2013 @ 8:34am CDT
When i first saw the Bugati...I immediately thought Mirage. But also Blurr it could be definitely as well :D These will be some awesome looking toys :D
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491083)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 29th, 2013 @ 9:52am CDT
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491088)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on May 29th, 2013 @ 10:04am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Is that a real truck? I know it's customized, but is it still close to the original truck or is it some crazy Hollywood fantasy truck? It just looks soooooo much like a dream truck a little kid would draw up (a compliment).

It is a completely custom made truck created just for the movie. So a Hollywood fantasy truck
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491090)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 29th, 2013 @ 10:07am CDT
He looks ridiculous flamed out to the tits like that. Like was mentioned earlier....i thought Bay was going a different direction with this movie? Looks like more of the same but a hell of a lot shinier.

I also very much dislike that style of truck. The aerodynamic front end has always been an eyesore with rigs for me. I much prefer the Peterbilt flat nose oldschool aesthetic of the first 3 Primes. Looks tougher.

Like i said before....looks like once again the autobots best defensive/offensive weapons in alt mode are super shiny paint jobs. :roll:

I'll stop bithching about this now. I'v said my peace....as flawed as some may think it is.
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491092)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 29th, 2013 @ 10:14am CDT
just a truck. where is the image of prime?
Re: Transformers 4 Optimus Prime Revealed (1491096)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 29th, 2013 @ 10:21am CDT
I'm with Sabrblade with this: needs more red,, less blue.

Prefer the old Peterbuilt than this, but hey, if this is final, I guess I'll deal with it. Kinda stopped caring about the movie lines anyway. >:oP

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering