Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not?

Transformers News: Transformers 4 -  Reboot or Not?

Thursday, February 16th, 2012 11:46AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Rumors, Press Releases, People News, Interviews
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 110,680

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

It would seem the Movie Trilogy might truly be getting a reboot. With the vague references and loose vocabulary that implies a series reset, new comments from Josh Duhamel seem to reinforce the reboot position.

Josh Duhamel wrote:"I don't think anybody's doing it," Josh Duhamel told us last night at the launch party for Sony PlayStation's new PS Vita portable entertainment system. "I know Shia [LaBoeuf]'s not doing it. I don't think Tyrese or Rosie [Huntington-Whiteley] or anybody else is doing it."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin ... z1mZEaGJQ6


Obviously the next installment of the mega-successful Transformers Movie series is set for a June 2014 release. That leaves a lot of time for things to change. This early into the process, nothing is guaranteed. Duhamel added:

"Whenever these movies make that much money they're going to make as many as they can," he said. "[But] I haven't heard anything about it. They haven't called me."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin ... z1mZEzqLw4


To read the entire article from E!Online, click here.

Image

Ofcourse, this video from ClevverMovies youtube channel states that the movie WILL be a straight up sequel, but not told through the eyes of Shia LeBeouf's character, Sam Witwicky. So new cast, same story? Again, this far out from production, with no story or scripts written, anything can change. These are preliminary reports.

Credit(s): E!Online.com, clevvermovies
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348101)
Posted by SJ21 on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:53am CST
Well. If Oscar-worthy actor, Josh Duhamel isn't doing it, what chance does this movie have of being any good?

Ha!
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348102)
Posted by TulioDude on February 16th, 2012 @ 11:53am CST
The title of this news is a bit misleading.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348107)
Posted by craggy on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CST
SJ21 wrote:Well. If Oscar-worthy actor, Josh Duhamel isn't doing it, what chance does this movie have of being any good?

Ha!

I might slag off a lot of things in the movies, but Duhamel isn't one of them. Granted if it is a reboot, it'd make little sense for him to be in it, but he and his soldier boys were the best GI Joes we've gotten in a Hasbro film so far.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348108)
Posted by blurprime2579 on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:03pm CST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CclzA5Ib ... AAAAAAAAAA

this is a link to clevver movies a youtube channel. it states it is not going to be a prequel or a reboot, it will be a sequel and that it will focus more on action then stupid comedy. plus less humans.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348109)
Posted by freetouch on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:04pm CST
craggy wrote:
SJ21 wrote:Well. If Oscar-worthy actor, Josh Duhamel isn't doing it, what chance does this movie have of being any good?

Ha!

I might slag off a lot of things in the movies, but Duhamel isn't one of them. Granted if it is a reboot, it'd make little sense for him to be in it, but he and his soldier boys were the best GI Joes we've gotten in a Hasbro film so far.


For real. Transformers 2007 was a better G.I. Joe movie than G.I. Joe was.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348111)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:07pm CST
"Josh Duhamel doesn't know if any of the human cast is returning" isn't really "reboot confirmed." I mean, have Bay and co. even started working on TF4 yet? I thought he was doing Pain and Gain first, so not doing anything Transformer-related wouldn't really mean anything.
Still WAY too early to make any type of conclusions.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348115)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:12pm CST
freetouch wrote:
craggy wrote:
SJ21 wrote:Well. If Oscar-worthy actor, Josh Duhamel isn't doing it, what chance does this movie have of being any good?

Ha!

I might slag off a lot of things in the movies, but Duhamel isn't one of them. Granted if it is a reboot, it'd make little sense for him to be in it, but he and his soldier boys were the best GI Joes we've gotten in a Hasbro film so far.


For real. Transformers 2007 was a better G.I. Joe movie than G.I. Joe was.


Totally have to agree with that. I think having the combination of Josh and Tyrese in the films was what made some of the scenes not just tolerable but actually enjoyable. I don't think anybody else could have pulled off that scene of "ejecting" the Defense Director out of the back of the C-130 in RotF quite as well.

Like I said before, it's just too darn soon to do a re-boot, especially with the same team of Bay and Spielberg calling the shots. This is going to be a suck-fest and this is coming from someone who has been open minded throughout the whole Movie Series.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348119)
Posted by craggy on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:24pm CST
I'd prefer them to do a cinematic animated movie, maybe using a cel-shaded look, or at least, cgi in 3D. I don't know how well Star Wars Clone Wars went down, but it seems to have been quite successful in spawning an ongoing animated tv show.

It could be based on Cybertron (a Prime prequel? Everyone loves a prequel!) or something brand new, or what have you. Could even be G1 inspired, taking place in the 80s (hell of a lot easier to draw the 80s than it is to make the real world look like the 80s, nowadays) or in the future to grab some of that anime/manga crowd as well?
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348128)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:47pm CST
This article has been updated with this video:


And consquentially, retitled. I suppose we are all going to experience this type of conflicting information for, uhm, the next couple of years! :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348129)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:47pm CST
Vicalliose wrote: Cars don't sell movies, movies sell cars. .


Not true at all. while yes, movies help sell cars, it works both ways. Part of the reason i got excited for these movies were the alt modes of many of the vehicles. So yes, being a car person, the cars were part of the driving factor for me and many others to see this movie.


Vicalliose wrote:Which is another thing that irritates me about people in general. People go out and buy expensive cars because they were in a movie and they were cool. Then they end up with a truckload of debt because they dropped more cash than sensible on something that's meant to get them from point A to point B, but that's going into a whole different world of BS, so I'll stop there.


This is a problem with society, and not with fancy cars being in movies. And i really hope your not insisting that this is in any way the car manufactuer, Paramount, Hasbro or Bay's fault. Cause its not.



Vicalliose wrote: It would help if they didn't outright choose grey and black for the majority of the characters. One of the biggest complaints against the films is how hard it is to distinguish anyone..


To be honest, to this day i've never had a problem distingwishing any of the bots from each other.

Vicalliose wrote:I'm pretty sure Bay pockets most of that extra cash. He should be getting plenty of funding from Paramount and I've seen other movies which do not smother us with product placement pull of effects as good as his. I just find it weird that his films make it feel like GMC is the only car company in the world.


Now this is what really gets me fired up. Because you don't approve GM products being used in the movies, you asume that bay pockets the money that was given to help fund the movie. Bay doesn't pocket the extra cash that sponsors give. Its used in the budget of the movie. If the movie is succesfull, then he (along with many others) get to reap the benifits. I like the alt modes and they didn't take anything away from the movie for me so i don't have a problem with it. The fact that other movies have done product placment different is irrelevent. Those weren't transformers. There computers didn't nearly crash attempting to animate characters and ships from the film.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348132)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:51pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:This article has been updated with this video:


And consquentially, retitled. I suppose we are all going to experience this type of conflicting information for, uhm, the next couple of years! :HEADHURTS:


Your absolutely right.
The fact is we really don't have any real solid info to go on and proabbaly won't for at least a year. Many saw re-imagining and imidiately are assuming it meant re-boot.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348133)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:53pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:Which is another thing that irritates me about people in general. People go out and buy expensive cars because they were in a movie and they were cool. Then they end up with a truckload of debt because they dropped more cash than sensible on something that's meant to get them from point A to point B, but that's going into a whole different world of BS, so I'll stop there.



During the hype of the first movie, I invested both time and money into a Sunday driver. I have always had a second vehicle for play and sensible vehicle for that A to B thing. Just as many people do it responsibly as irresponsibly:

Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348135)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:55pm CST
is that your camaro? coz damn, thats sick.

Also, Gi joes WAS a better movie than any TF movie, so THERE! :P

Was that a vector I saw a few pages back? coz I was tottaly thinking a vector would be right for HotRod... it'd be cool to know someone else was on the same page as I.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348137)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 16th, 2012 @ 12:58pm CST
Is buying cars because they were in the movie really any different than buying toys because they were in the movie?
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348141)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 16th, 2012 @ 1:03pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:is that your camaro? coz damn, thats sick.


That is indeed my Daizy. Yes, it is called Daizy. My wife named her (Z-28). Ofcourse when I found out BB was gonna be a Camaro of that body style, I had a little work done. It's the wrong year ('79), but still one of the, IMO, ugliest Camaro's ever made! BUT SHE MAKES UP FOR IN FUN FACTOR!
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348143)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 16th, 2012 @ 1:05pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:Is buying cars because they were in the movie really any different than buying toys because they were in the movie?


My problem is the fact that the cars seemed to have more screen time than the bots. But then, I felt that was the case with every element taking up more screen time.

I would have really liked to see more scenes like in DOTM where bee transforms to bot mode mid drive and then back to vehicle mode on the highway. Good example here would be that scene.. which is like... rescue scene..compared to this scene:

Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348146)
Posted by D-340 on February 16th, 2012 @ 1:07pm CST
blurprime2579 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CclzA5IbtTI&feature=g-u-u&context=G2e5cf35FUAAAAAAAAAA

this is a link to clevver movies a youtube channel. it states it is not going to be a prequel or a reboot, it will be a sequel and that it will focus more on action then stupid comedy. plus less humans.



Where have we heard that before :roll:

Really though, all you have to do to make a decent TF movie is make it about the Transformers. It's that simple. Hell, look to 1 and 3, which had about 45 mins to an hour of an actual TF movie. Cut out the stupid American Pie-esque humor, get rid of Shia the Beef, use more characterization on the TF's, do something similar to the last hour of DOTM, a really big epic battle at the end. I like the designs of the movieverse, never bothered me. But a decent movie can be made, there hints of a decent movie in 1 and 3.

Who am I kidding though. Bay is coming back. And for those who think the writers had more stroke than Bay, go back and watch the "special features"(quotes cuz they were nowhere near special) on the ROTF dvd. Bay is the reason Devastator got wrecking ball testicles. I can almost guarantee that we'll be in for more of the same: indecipherable mindless action; some fake plastic chick that can't act that Hollywood tries to sell as hot(both Megan Fox and Rosie Long-Last Name are hideous); some no talent hack of a lead actor who's sophomoric antics of trying to get the "hot" female lead will make up half of the film while the other half will be a military recruiter's wet dream; and the titular characters, the Transformers, will be reduced to background props at best. And to those who defend this formula to the summer blockbuster popcorn movie(oh how I loathe that phrase) because Transformers is a toyline/cartoon/comic book/whatever: look to the recent run of films based on similar source material. Good movie can be made, we don't have to settle for the horse sh!t shoveled down our throats.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348147)
Posted by Kibble on February 16th, 2012 @ 1:09pm CST
Noideaforaname wrote:"Josh Duhamel doesn't know if any of the human cast is returning" isn't really "reboot confirmed." I mean, have Bay and co. even started working on TF4 yet? I thought he was doing Pain and Gain first, so not doing anything Transformer-related wouldn't really mean anything.
Still WAY too early to make any type of conclusions.

Truth. I don't think any of them know anything at this point. A script hasn't even been started yet so how would they know cast? The only thing that's been mentioned is some ideas have been thrown around between Bay and Spielberg about 'reimagining' the franchise, which is VERY vague. But if LeBoof doesn't return and they actually keep those previously killed dead, well no shit it has to be reimagined! Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be rebooted, much less be any different than the previous movie-verse other than some new characters introduced and a lame 30 second story writing off Sam...
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348148)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 16th, 2012 @ 1:10pm CST
D-340 wrote:
Where have we heard that before :roll:

Really though, all you have to do to make a decent TF movie is make it about the Transformers. It's that simple. Hell, look to 1 and 3, which had about 45 mins to an hour of an actual TF movie. Cut out the stupid American Pie-esque humor, get rid of Shia the Beef, use more characterization on the TF's, do something similar to the last hour of DOTM, a really big epic battle at the end. I like the designs of the movieverse, never bothered me. But a decent movie can be made, there hints of a decent movie in 1 and 3.

Who am I kidding though. Bay is coming back. And for those who think the writers had more stroke than Bay, go back and watch the "special features"(quotes cuz they were nowhere near special) on the ROTF dvd. Bay is the reason Devastator got wrecking ball testicles. I can almost guarantee that we'll be in for more of the same: indecipherable mindless action; some fake plastic chick that can't act that Hollywood tries to sell as hot(both Megan Fox and Rosie Long-Last Name are hideous); some no talent hack of a lead actor who's sophomoric antics of trying to get the "hot" female lead will make up half of the film while the other half will be a military recruiter's wet dream; and the titular characters, the Transformers, will be reduced to background props at best. And to those who defend this formula to the summer blockbuster popcorn movie(oh how I loathe that phrase) because Transformers is a toyline/cartoon/comic book/whatever: look to the recent run of films based on similar source material. Good movie can be made, we don't have to settle for the horse sh!t shoveled down our throats.


:APPLAUSE: D-340, I bet you made IG-88 proud just now.
Re: Transformers 4 - Reboot or Not? (1348164)
Posted by SJ21 on February 16th, 2012 @ 1:31pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:
freetouch wrote:
craggy wrote:
SJ21 wrote:Well. If Oscar-worthy actor, Josh Duhamel isn't doing it, what chance does this movie have of being any good?

Ha!

I might slag off a lot of things in the movies, but Duhamel isn't one of them. Granted if it is a reboot, it'd make little sense for him to be in it, but he and his soldier boys were the best GI Joes we've gotten in a Hasbro film so far.


For real. Transformers 2007 was a better G.I. Joe movie than G.I. Joe was.


Totally have to agree with that. I think having the combination of Josh and Tyrese in the films was what made some of the scenes not just tolerable but actually enjoyable. I don't think anybody else could have pulled off that scene of "ejecting" the Defense Director out of the back of the C-130 in RotF quite as well.

Like I said before, it's just too darn soon to do a re-boot, especially with the same team of Bay and Spielberg calling the shots. This is going to be a suck-fest and this is coming from someone who has been open minded throughout the whole Movie Series.


Wow. I was unaware of the fandom's rabid following of Mr. Duhamel.

Seriously though, that was just the first thing that went through my mind when I read the news article. The name Josh Duhamel hardly carries the kind of weight that would confirm the existence of a new movie, especially when he only said that certain people weren't going to be in it.