Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed?

Transformers News: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed?

Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 12:31PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 74,065

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Get those pinches of salt ready, because we got more Transformers 4 rumors! All the buzz lately has been around the human character castings, but today we may have some news regarding the robotic cast. JoBlo is reporting that a source they consider reliable has given them the scoop on several Transformers characters that will be making their debut in the live action franchise. Naturally these can only be considered rumors at this point, and those who wish to remain spoiler free should probably step away now.......

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
H
E
A
D


JoBlo is reporting that Galvatron and Lockdown will be appearing as villains, and the Dinobots and Hound will be joining the Autobot crew. There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor. Click here to read more on JoBlo.
Credit(s): JoBlo.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489158)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:06pm CDT
El Duque wrote:JoBlo is reporting that Galvatron and Lockdown will be appearing as villains, and the Dinobots and Hound will be joining the Autobot crew. There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor. Click here to read more on JoBlo.


In before whining that Bay said he'd never add the Dinobots. He clearly stated that he wouldn't add them unless he could think of a good reason for the bots to take on the form of dinosaurs.

That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489166)
Posted by necr0blivion on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:38pm CDT
El Duque wrote:There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor.


Replace "Samurai" with "Ninja", would love to see some Sixshot.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489167)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:In before whining that Bay said he'd never add the Dinobots. He clearly stated that he wouldn't add them unless he could think of a good reason for the bots to take on the form of dinosaurs.

That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


Me, 5150 Cruiser approve friend Capt. Failure post! :APPLAUSE:

Well, i told myself that i would try and reframe from reading spoilers about the 4th movie as staying away from spoiler for Star Trek ITD helped to be at least alittle suprised. But in this case, knowing the upcoming characters really shouldn't ruin anything.

I'm liking the sound of choices so far if this is indeed ligiet. Always wanted to see hound in movieverse. Here's hoping he's a bad ass military Jeep.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489168)
Posted by jspags15 on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:51pm CDT
The Autobot will drift.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489169)
Posted by jspags15 on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:53pm CDT
I meant the samurai autobot will be Drift. That's my call
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489171)
Posted by sdn1337 on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:04pm CDT
I hope this is true... sounds pretty good to me so far even though im not that into the movies. But i have faith in this new trilogy.

Galvatron has to be true. Megatron cant be revived again hes not optimus! :lol:

Drift will be a nice add on & of course the dinobots will be sick...

I just hope that the new designs pay homage to the originals more!

Maybe galvatron will actually have a giant plamsa cannon... watch it be on the left arm though.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489174)
Posted by Moonshot on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:40pm CDT
This is too much good news in one report. Galvatron was a given I thought with Megatron dead. Dinobots are hopefully a sure thing and look good, need more G1 style. Now it just needs a Hot Rod.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489175)
Posted by partholon on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
ill go for the spectacle but i dont have ANY expectations of a quality TF film from bay anymore.

and sure as the sun rises in the east he'll find SOME way of fuking up the dinobots.

the sooner he goes the better.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489176)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
This is great news rumor or not...my only thought is this and it is a valid one. If Bay does give us Dinobots then I'm almost certain they will end up being the comic relief. I see Mudlfap and Skidz hoopla all over again...what minority group is Bay going to insult this time? :-?
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489177)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:52pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:This is great news rumor or not...my only thought is this and it is a valid one. If Bay does give us Dinobots then I'm almost certain they will end up being the comic relief. I see Mudlfap and Skidz hoopla all over again...what minority group is Bay going to insult this time? :-?


No one can offend you. You can only chose to take offense.

Also if you think the Dinobots, awesome as they are, weren't the comic relief team in Generation 1 then you don't remember it very well.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489179)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:53pm CDT
Ok, Sixshot was always a Ninja, and when Drift was Deadlock, he used firearms.

The only Samurai Decepticon is Bludgeon.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489181)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:00pm CDT
whatever. wheres the toys
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489187)
Posted by Dagon on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:31pm CDT
.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489188)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:35pm CDT
I approve of all the new bots and cons.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489189)
Posted by Luscanun on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:45pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Hound will be joining the Autobot crew.



Well, I guess we know which Autobot dies in this one!
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489190)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:51pm CDT
I just hope the Dinobots won't be the cartoon version, but rather the comics. Otherwise, all these new characters are good. And if Lockdown is true, Lance Henriksen should definitely voice him. Will Gregg Berger be the voice of Grimlock, at least? Or will they get a non-voice actor to do it?
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489191)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:52pm CDT
I know I know...I'm a social worker and cannot help it. The psychosocial areas and exploited stereotypes played out on screen are always a soapbox for me...call it a character flaw. I take offense because the families I serve take offense. Were the Donobots comic relief in the 80s? Of course they were and I remember Generation 1 well...just would like to see a reimagining of them as as intelligent.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489192)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:53pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
El Duque wrote:JoBlo is reporting that Galvatron and Lockdown will be appearing as villains, and the Dinobots and Hound will be joining the Autobot crew. There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor. Click here to read more on JoBlo.


In before whining that Bay said he'd never add the Dinobots. He clearly stated that he wouldn't add them unless he could think of a good reason for the bots to take on the form of dinosaurs.

That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.



Oh yeah. But don't tolerate it when people make 'ignorant' posts about some action movie though. They'll probably make generalized and sweeping statements about a movie that could be proven incorrect. Not at all like an iron-clad and factual statement like people who'd have some interest in social justice are ignorant.

That said, I'd actually be interested in a movieverse Drift, if that's who it ended up being. I don't care much for the character, but I think given the movieverses' love of cool sports cars they could make him look pretty good.


You speak like someone who's never been targeted by such a crowd to be "protected from being offended." Trust me, it's an admirable movement until you're the focus of it. Then it gets downright Orwellian:

"This is what you should think."

"This is what you should enjoy."

"This is what you should be offended by."

"You didn't enjoy, think, and be offended by what we told you to? You're self hating!"

Until you've experienced how screwed up the social justice movement is I would ask you to renege on criticizing others for speaking ill of it. Now, no more off topic posts.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489193)
Posted by g1grimlock on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:53pm CDT
"There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor." Is it me or does it sound like Dinobot is going to be in this film? Because Dinobot was real big on honor which made him awesome, Ii just hope Bay doesn't screw this up like DOTM.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489197)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:just would like to see a reimagining of them as as intelligent.


Same here. Mainly because they (Grimlock especially) were my favorites from the comics, and I don't want them treated like crap. I liked DotM, but Shockwave's and Megatron's treatment was atrocious.

ComingSoon wrote:JoBlo is reporting that a source of theirs has learned about several classic Transformers characters that are rumored to appear in the upcoming Transformers 4. Their source lists the Dinobots and fan favorite Grimlock as being set to appear, and they even report there will be a scene in the film where Optimus Prime and Bumblebee ride the Dinobots into battle. In addition, their source says the Autobot Hound and a former Decepticon described as a "samurai" will appear as newcomers. They also report that, in a move to replace the deceased Megatron, Galvatron will be making his big screen debut in the movie.

The site does acknowledge that these are all just rumors at this point, and we would like to point out that similar rumors regarding the Dinobots and others have surfaced for every Transformers sequel previously. Check back here for confirmation on the matter in the future. Would you want to see these characters in Transformers 4? Sound off below!

Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing, Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci are set to star in the June 27, 2014 release. Although the plot of sequel is still top secret, Bay teased to ComingSoon.net that it will involve a "Chase from Hell."


Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104602

Riding them into battle? That's the type of atrocity I'd like to see avoided.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1985 SCAVENGER IGA (mexican) devastator - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 23 minutes 57 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe Robots in Disguise SKYWARP New Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 27 minutes 51 seconds
New Transformers Movie 2 ROTF Leader Class Megatron in stock original color - Time Remaining: 18 days 16 hours 12 minutes 44 seconds
New Transformers Movie 2 ROTF Leader Class Megatron in stock original color - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 48 minutes 31 seconds
NEW! Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Beam Box Game System 3-7 - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 57 minutes 57 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION BEAST WARS OPTIMUS PRIMAL 20TH ANNIVERSARY - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 16 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 ONSLAUGHT bruticus macau takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 3 minutes 31 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced Series AD-30 Sky Drift Japan Import - Time Remaining: 6 days 3 hours 38 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016
Twincast / Podcast #151:
"SDCC 2016"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 24th, 2016