Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed?

Transformers News: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed?

Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 12:31PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 68,383

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Get those pinches of salt ready, because we got more Transformers 4 rumors! All the buzz lately has been around the human character castings, but today we may have some news regarding the robotic cast. JoBlo is reporting that a source they consider reliable has given them the scoop on several Transformers characters that will be making their debut in the live action franchise. Naturally these can only be considered rumors at this point, and those who wish to remain spoiler free should probably step away now.......

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

A
H
E
A
D


JoBlo is reporting that Galvatron and Lockdown will be appearing as villains, and the Dinobots and Hound will be joining the Autobot crew. There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor. Click here to read more on JoBlo.
Credit(s): JoBlo.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489158)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:06pm CDT
El Duque wrote:JoBlo is reporting that Galvatron and Lockdown will be appearing as villains, and the Dinobots and Hound will be joining the Autobot crew. There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor. Click here to read more on JoBlo.


In before whining that Bay said he'd never add the Dinobots. He clearly stated that he wouldn't add them unless he could think of a good reason for the bots to take on the form of dinosaurs.

That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489166)
Posted by necr0blivion on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:38pm CDT
El Duque wrote:There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor.


Replace "Samurai" with "Ninja", would love to see some Sixshot.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489167)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:In before whining that Bay said he'd never add the Dinobots. He clearly stated that he wouldn't add them unless he could think of a good reason for the bots to take on the form of dinosaurs.

That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


Me, 5150 Cruiser approve friend Capt. Failure post! :APPLAUSE:

Well, i told myself that i would try and reframe from reading spoilers about the 4th movie as staying away from spoiler for Star Trek ITD helped to be at least alittle suprised. But in this case, knowing the upcoming characters really shouldn't ruin anything.

I'm liking the sound of choices so far if this is indeed ligiet. Always wanted to see hound in movieverse. Here's hoping he's a bad ass military Jeep.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489168)
Posted by jspags15 on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:51pm CDT
The Autobot will drift.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489169)
Posted by jspags15 on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:53pm CDT
I meant the samurai autobot will be Drift. That's my call
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489171)
Posted by sdn1337 on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:04pm CDT
I hope this is true... sounds pretty good to me so far even though im not that into the movies. But i have faith in this new trilogy.

Galvatron has to be true. Megatron cant be revived again hes not optimus! :lol:

Drift will be a nice add on & of course the dinobots will be sick...

I just hope that the new designs pay homage to the originals more!

Maybe galvatron will actually have a giant plamsa cannon... watch it be on the left arm though.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489174)
Posted by Hero Alpha on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:40pm CDT
This is too much good news in one report. Galvatron was a given I thought with Megatron dead. Dinobots are hopefully a sure thing and look good, need more G1 style. Now it just needs a Hot Rod.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489175)
Posted by partholon on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:41pm CDT
ill go for the spectacle but i dont have ANY expectations of a quality TF film from bay anymore.

and sure as the sun rises in the east he'll find SOME way of fuking up the dinobots.

the sooner he goes the better.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489176)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
This is great news rumor or not...my only thought is this and it is a valid one. If Bay does give us Dinobots then I'm almost certain they will end up being the comic relief. I see Mudlfap and Skidz hoopla all over again...what minority group is Bay going to insult this time? :-?
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489177)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:52pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:This is great news rumor or not...my only thought is this and it is a valid one. If Bay does give us Dinobots then I'm almost certain they will end up being the comic relief. I see Mudlfap and Skidz hoopla all over again...what minority group is Bay going to insult this time? :-?


No one can offend you. You can only chose to take offense.

Also if you think the Dinobots, awesome as they are, weren't the comic relief team in Generation 1 then you don't remember it very well.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489179)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 2:53pm CDT
Ok, Sixshot was always a Ninja, and when Drift was Deadlock, he used firearms.

The only Samurai Decepticon is Bludgeon.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489181)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:00pm CDT
whatever. wheres the toys
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489187)
Posted by Dagon on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:31pm CDT
.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489188)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:35pm CDT
I approve of all the new bots and cons.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489189)
Posted by Luscanun on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:45pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Hound will be joining the Autobot crew.



Well, I guess we know which Autobot dies in this one!
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489190)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:51pm CDT
I just hope the Dinobots won't be the cartoon version, but rather the comics. Otherwise, all these new characters are good. And if Lockdown is true, Lance Henriksen should definitely voice him. Will Gregg Berger be the voice of Grimlock, at least? Or will they get a non-voice actor to do it?
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489191)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:52pm CDT
I know I know...I'm a social worker and cannot help it. The psychosocial areas and exploited stereotypes played out on screen are always a soapbox for me...call it a character flaw. I take offense because the families I serve take offense. Were the Donobots comic relief in the 80s? Of course they were and I remember Generation 1 well...just would like to see a reimagining of them as as intelligent.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489192)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:53pm CDT
Dagon wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
El Duque wrote:JoBlo is reporting that Galvatron and Lockdown will be appearing as villains, and the Dinobots and Hound will be joining the Autobot crew. There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor. Click here to read more on JoBlo.


In before whining that Bay said he'd never add the Dinobots. He clearly stated that he wouldn't add them unless he could think of a good reason for the bots to take on the form of dinosaurs.

That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.



Oh yeah. But don't tolerate it when people make 'ignorant' posts about some action movie though. They'll probably make generalized and sweeping statements about a movie that could be proven incorrect. Not at all like an iron-clad and factual statement like people who'd have some interest in social justice are ignorant.

That said, I'd actually be interested in a movieverse Drift, if that's who it ended up being. I don't care much for the character, but I think given the movieverses' love of cool sports cars they could make him look pretty good.


You speak like someone who's never been targeted by such a crowd to be "protected from being offended." Trust me, it's an admirable movement until you're the focus of it. Then it gets downright Orwellian:

"This is what you should think."

"This is what you should enjoy."

"This is what you should be offended by."

"You didn't enjoy, think, and be offended by what we told you to? You're self hating!"

Until you've experienced how screwed up the social justice movement is I would ask you to renege on criticizing others for speaking ill of it. Now, no more off topic posts.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489193)
Posted by g1grimlock on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:53pm CDT
"There is also mention of a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to join the Autobots to regain his honor." Is it me or does it sound like Dinobot is going to be in this film? Because Dinobot was real big on honor which made him awesome, Ii just hope Bay doesn't screw this up like DOTM.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489197)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:just would like to see a reimagining of them as as intelligent.


Same here. Mainly because they (Grimlock especially) were my favorites from the comics, and I don't want them treated like crap. I liked DotM, but Shockwave's and Megatron's treatment was atrocious.

ComingSoon wrote:JoBlo is reporting that a source of theirs has learned about several classic Transformers characters that are rumored to appear in the upcoming Transformers 4. Their source lists the Dinobots and fan favorite Grimlock as being set to appear, and they even report there will be a scene in the film where Optimus Prime and Bumblebee ride the Dinobots into battle. In addition, their source says the Autobot Hound and a former Decepticon described as a "samurai" will appear as newcomers. They also report that, in a move to replace the deceased Megatron, Galvatron will be making his big screen debut in the movie.

The site does acknowledge that these are all just rumors at this point, and we would like to point out that similar rumors regarding the Dinobots and others have surfaced for every Transformers sequel previously. Check back here for confirmation on the matter in the future. Would you want to see these characters in Transformers 4? Sound off below!

Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing, Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci are set to star in the June 27, 2014 release. Although the plot of sequel is still top secret, Bay teased to ComingSoon.net that it will involve a "Chase from Hell."


Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104602

Riding them into battle? That's the type of atrocity I'd like to see avoided.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489201)
Posted by datguy86 on May 21st, 2013 @ 4:48pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


To paraphrase: "Let's fight racism with stereotyping." Got it.

In terms of the film - just give me toys of Grimlock, Swoop, Slag, Sludge, and Snarl. If the movieverse toys sell well, then these guys may get a Generations re-imagining (or in Grimlock's case, a potential wide-scale reissue).
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489210)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 5:32pm CDT
datguy86 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


To paraphrase: "Let's fight racism with stereotyping." Got it.

In terms of the film - just give me toys of Grimlock, Swoop, Slag, Sludge, and Snarl. If the movieverse toys sell well, then these guys may get a Generations re-imagining (or in Grimlock's case, a potential wide-scale reissue).


It would do you good not to put words in my mouth. If people have a thin skin that's their malfunction. No one should censor themselves because other people are too sensitive. Fact.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489215)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 21st, 2013 @ 5:42pm CDT
time for more fan favorite characters to get ruined, i bet you galvatron is going to just be a repaint of megatron & hound is going to be a red suv. If lockdown is in the movie they better get Lance Henriksen to do the voice, and hopefully they just translate the toy from ROTF over to the screen instead of letting bay or a retarded car company pick the design/alt mode.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489217)
Posted by datguy86 on May 21st, 2013 @ 5:58pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
datguy86 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


To paraphrase: "Let's fight racism with stereotyping." Got it.

In terms of the film - just give me toys of Grimlock, Swoop, Slag, Sludge, and Snarl. If the movieverse toys sell well, then these guys may get a Generations re-imagining (or in Grimlock's case, a potential wide-scale reissue).


It would do you good not to put words in my mouth. If people have a thin skin that's their malfunction. No one should censor themselves because other people are too sensitive. Fact.


While I agree to a certain extent people shouldn't have to censor themselves; your statement is the very expression of opinion. What I was trying to point out is the flaw in your argument. How it does me no good to put words in your mouth (did it offend you? should I have censored myself?) is approaching irrelevant; your actual arguments contain hypocritical flaws.

Megatron Wolf wrote:time for more fan favorite characters to get ruined, i bet you galvatron is going to just be a repaint of megatron & hound is going to be a red suv. If lockdown is in the movie they better get Lance Henriksen to do the voice, and hopefully they just translate the toy from ROTF over to the screen instead of letting bay or a retarded car company pick the design/alt mode.


Look at it this way: even if the movie is terrible; plenty of kids will buy the toys. If there are toys of the Dinobots, Hound, Galvatron and Lockdown made available for the movie and these toys are flying off the shelf; we as collectors have a better chance of seeing other versions of these characters down the line to cash in on their popularity.

Let Michael Bay ruin what he wants to ruin. If it's popular, we have the better chance to benefit in the long run.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489220)
Posted by njb902 on May 21st, 2013 @ 6:15pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
datguy86 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:That said I really hope this is legit. Would love to see Galvatron and the Dinobots, the former especially since Unicron can't be far behind. As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


To paraphrase: "Let's fight racism with stereotyping." Got it.

In terms of the film - just give me toys of Grimlock, Swoop, Slag, Sludge, and Snarl. If the movieverse toys sell well, then these guys may get a Generations re-imagining (or in Grimlock's case, a potential wide-scale reissue).


It would do you good not to put words in my mouth. If people have a thin skin that's their malfunction. No one should censor themselves because other people are too sensitive. Fact.


Opinion.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489221)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 6:26pm CDT
datguy86 wrote:While I agree to a certain extent people shouldn't have to censor themselves; your statement is the very expression of opinion. What I was trying to point out is the flaw in your argument. How it does me no good to put words in your mouth (did it offend you? should I have censored myself?) is approaching irrelevant; your actual arguments contain hypocritical flaws.


So when some social justice warrior decides to call me a homophobe because I laughed when Skidz told Leo, "Go whine to your boyfriend!" makes them absolutely correct about me? A funny notion to follow when I'm a) gay, and b) pro-gay rights and c) too aware of the real problems in the world to concern myself with simple words that mean nothing. The day people stop letting words hurt them is the day a lot of things wrong with mankind go away. Simple truth right there. I will say it one more time: people being overly sensitive has no bearing on bigotry. I've experienced true bigotry in my life enough times to know when it's a concern. Bay's films are not one of those times.

Also there's a difference between taking offense and correcting someone's false insinuations about my intentions.

njb902 wrote:Opinion.


No.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489223)
Posted by njb902 on May 21st, 2013 @ 6:41pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
datguy86 wrote:While I agree to a certain extent people shouldn't have to censor themselves; your statement is the very expression of opinion. What I was trying to point out is the flaw in your argument. How it does me no good to put words in your mouth (did it offend you? should I have censored myself?) is approaching irrelevant; your actual arguments contain hypocritical flaws.


So when some social justice warrior decides to call me a homophobe because I laughed when Skidz told Leo, "Go whine to your boyfriend!" makes them absolutely correct about me? A funny notion to follow when I'm a) gay, and b) pro-gay rights and c) too aware of the real problems in the world to concern myself with simple words that mean nothing. The day people stop letting words hurt them is the day a lot of things wrong with mankind go away. Simple truth right there. I will say it one more time: people being overly sensitive has no bearing on bigotry. I've experienced true bigotry in my life enough times to know when it's a concern. Bay's films are not one of those times.

Also there's a difference between taking offense and correcting someone's false insinuations about my intentions.

njb902 wrote:Opinion.


No.


There are people who can't help but be affected by words or actions. I work with people that have ptsd twice a week, there are things I would never say to/around them, it would be counter productive to helping them. I'm sure there are thousands of other examples, but that's the one I'm going with.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489225)
Posted by njb902 on May 21st, 2013 @ 6:45pm CDT
On topic, I think I'll wait a while before believing this just yet. Isn't bay know for being purposely misleading?
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489227)
Posted by datguy86 on May 21st, 2013 @ 6:50pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
datguy86 wrote:While I agree to a certain extent people shouldn't have to censor themselves; your statement is the very expression of opinion. What I was trying to point out is the flaw in your argument. How it does me no good to put words in your mouth (did it offend you? should I have censored myself?) is approaching irrelevant; your actual arguments contain hypocritical flaws.


So when some social justice warrior decides to call me a homophobe because I laughed when Skidz told Leo, "Go whine to your boyfriend!" makes them absolutely correct about me? A funny notion to follow when I'm a) gay, and b) pro-gay rights and c) too aware of the real problems in the world to concern myself with simple words that mean nothing. The day people stop letting words hurt them is the day a lot of things wrong with mankind go away. Simple truth right there. I will say it one more time: people being overly sensitive has no bearing on bigotry. I've experienced true bigotry in my life enough times to know when it's a concern. Bay's films are not one of those times.

Also there's a difference between taking offense and correcting someone's false insinuations about my intentions.

Except not every "social justice warrior" is the same person with the same argument. There are bandwagons (hey look at this Transformers fandom for more than a few examples), but when you stereotype all of them for being of the same opinion you are using a hypocritical argument. To most readers, this is a failing argument.

And I'll say it more clearly - I am not deriding your beliefs about the power of words. I actually agree. Your arguments are, much like Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon; very poorly written and contain absolutely no weight. Your beliefs do not offend me. Your choice of words is terrible.

Furthermore, your lifestyle choice and past experiences are unfortunately irrelevant in a place where such practices are not well-documented. I have been the victim of hate crimes in the past as well. However, I cannot use those to justify arguments since there is no documentation to support justification with. Winning my sympathy is not going to win the argument.

Finally, while I agree with you on how the power of words is lessened against an individual who has transcended their meanings; this is a philosophy. It is truth to you as a person, but opinion to those who do not hold the same philosophical learning. It is A way. It is not THE way. It is an opinion on how to voice opinion.

And no, I have no clue what THE way is.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489233)
Posted by Metrosuplex on May 21st, 2013 @ 7:03pm CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
reluctantyouth wrote:This is great news rumor or not...my only thought is this and it is a valid one. If Bay does give us Dinobots then I'm almost certain they will end up being the comic relief. I see Mudlfap and Skidz hoopla all over again...what minority group is Bay going to insult this time? :-?


No one can offend you. You can only chose to take offense.

Also if you think the Dinobots, awesome as they are, weren't the comic relief team in Generation 1 then you don't remember it very well.


You should encapsulate some of that with sarcasm tags...

Unless I can say "STFU!" without insulting you. Which would be AMAZING. It'd be more accurate to say, "People take offense at the most minimal criticism, even discovering criticism where none is to be found."

Shouldn't Bay focus on some China-centric characters? The movie is being shot with Chinese audiences in mind, this time, so hopefully that translates to some classier scenes with the human characters. No more retardicon parents, please. Or do Chinese audiences love "American Pie"? I really don't know. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489235)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 7:12pm CDT
Furthermore, your lifestyle choice


While you just invalidated your argument right here, I'll humor you some.

and past experiences are unfortunately irrelevant in a place where such practices are not well-documented. I have been the victim of hate crimes in the past as well. However, I cannot use those to justify arguments since there is no documentation to support justification with. Winning my sympathy is not going to win the argument.


Here's the problem. "Past experiences" are always used to justify attempted censorship and cries of racism in these films. How come it's irrelevant when someone attempts to say it's no big deal?

Practice what you preach.

Finally, while I agree with you on how the power of words is lessened against an individual who has transcended their meanings; this is a philosophy. It is truth to you as a person, but opinion to those who do not hold the same philosophical learning. It is A way. It is not THE way. It is an opinion on how to voice opinion.


It is not philosophy so much as it's cold, hard logic. And opinion has no place in the realm of logic.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489238)
Posted by Burn on May 21st, 2013 @ 7:16pm CDT
Oh look, a movie news thread and people are bickering again.

Grow up children. If you're going to debate, please do it without the insults and snide remarks. >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489239)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 21st, 2013 @ 7:17pm CDT
Burn wrote:Oh look, a movie news thread and people are bickering again.

Grow up children. If you're going to debate, please do it without the insults and snide remarks. >:oP


When the social justice liberals stop trying to turn America into an Orwellian state with their thought police attitudes, sure. :D
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489243)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 21st, 2013 @ 7:28pm CDT
And...back on topic.

What with the current cast of actors and (rumored) cast of TF's, I'm almost confident that Bay's headed to a more mature and less toilet-humor oriented theme for the TF movies.

That said, I'm worried about how the Dinobots will be portrayed. They were idiots in the G1 cartoons, and Bay's penchant for crazy comic relief characters isn't helping. But hey...we might get to see Dinobots in the movie!

Speaking of which, I'm hoping Dinobot from BW is the rumored "samurai", although it would almost certainly be Drift.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489245)
Posted by njb902 on May 21st, 2013 @ 7:39pm CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:And...back on topic.

What with the current cast of actors and (rumored) cast of TF's, I'm almost confident that Bay's headed to a more mature and less toilet-humor oriented theme for the TF movies.

That said, I'm worried about how the Dinobots will be portrayed. They were idiots in the G1 cartoons, and Bay's penchant for crazy comic relief characters isn't helping. But hey...we might get to see Dinobots in the movie!

Speaking of which, I'm hoping Dinobot from BW is the rumored "samurai", although it would almost certainly be Drift.


I do hope they go with the vicious early dinobots rather than the movie/latter seasons "funny" variety.

Edit: if they do them at all.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489246)
Posted by dragons on May 21st, 2013 @ 7:43pm CDT
if this rumor is true let it be drift riing dinosbots dont let that happen if its possible and who really wants BUMBLEE, OPTIMUSS PRIME's clogging up more shelf space as long we get more new characters on shelf space
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489249)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 21st, 2013 @ 8:05pm CDT
Did something happen to derail this topic?
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489266)
Posted by Burn on May 21st, 2013 @ 11:00pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Did something happen to derail this topic?


This post perhaps? :wink:
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489276)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 21st, 2013 @ 11:44pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:And...back on topic.

What with the current cast of actors and (rumored) cast of TF's, I'm almost confident that Bay's headed to a more mature and less toilet-humor oriented theme for the TF movies.

That said, I'm worried about how the Dinobots will be portrayed. They were idiots in the G1 cartoons, and Bay's penchant for crazy comic relief characters isn't helping. But hey...we might get to see Dinobots in the movie!

Speaking of which, I'm hoping Dinobot from BW is the rumored "samurai", although it would almost certainly be Drift.


I do hope they go with the vicious early dinobots rather than the movie/latter seasons "funny" variety.

Edit: if they do them at all.


Here's hoping. The characterizations in FOC would be perfect.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489283)
Posted by roBROmanceFTW on May 22nd, 2013 @ 12:26am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


How, in the name of Primus, is that even suggestive of "racism"??? Dude, I have a doctorate in sociology (with a specialization in world systems) and even I DID NOT TAKE OFFENSE to that kind of language. Oh, and by the way, I am half Japanese from my mother's side (niisei) and half Chinese from my father's side. I also am well-versed in JSA with over 15 years of training in Tenshin Shoden and know quite well about bushido, along with Hollywood AND Japan's hype over the "samurai code." The "samurai 'bot" theme does not even imply any sort of racism whatsoever, albeit the whole idea of "regaining one's honor" has been latched on to Japanese pre-Meiji culture as of late. Yet--here is the caveat--if it is inherently racist in making that sort of "logical" connection, then why would the Japanese capitalize on that type of "racist" stereotype in their media whereby the "lone samurai warrior must regain his honor blah blah blah"???

Anyhow, tl;dr: Don't read too deeply into this stuff, buddy. I'm sure it's only you (and probably a handful of other people) who are seeing yet another "racist" moment; by claiming that others can see this as "racist," you inadvertently imply that you are making a racism connection and it actually ends up making you sound xenophobic. Also, by bringing up this sore subject, you're just baiting the "racist" debate by "attempting" to avoid it...and, of course, I fall for the bait. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489285)
Posted by Transformado on May 22nd, 2013 @ 12:32am CDT
I really cannot wait to see this movie - my movie figures have been feeling lonely lately so anybody in that list will be a great addition to the movie universe, to the movie display! This is how I feel right now :grin:
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489290)
Posted by Capt.Failure on May 22nd, 2013 @ 1:51am CDT
roBROmanceFTW wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:As for the "samurai" 'bot I can't wait for the cries of racism from the social justice crowd. The concept of regaining honor through battle or even death has been used in characterization forever and not exclusively in Japan. You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


How, in the name of Primus, is that even suggestive of "racism"??? Dude, I have a doctorate in sociology (with a specialization in world systems) and even I DID NOT TAKE OFFENSE to that kind of language. Oh, and by the way, I am half Japanese from my mother's side (niisei) and half Chinese from my father's side. I also am well-versed in JSA with over 15 years of training in Tenshin Shoden and know quite well about bushido, along with Hollywood AND Japan's hype over the "samurai code." The "samurai 'bot" theme does not even imply any sort of racism whatsoever, albeit the whole idea of "regaining one's honor" has been latched on to Japanese pre-Meiji culture as of late. Yet--here is the caveat--if it is inherently racist in making that sort of "logical" connection, then why would the Japanese capitalize on that type of "racist" stereotype in their media whereby the "lone samurai warrior must regain his honor blah blah blah"???

Anyhow, tl;dr: Don't read too deeply into this stuff, buddy. I'm sure it's only you (and probably a handful of other people) who are seeing yet another "racist" moment; by claiming that others can see this as "racist," you inadvertently imply that you are making a racism connection and it actually ends up making you sound xenophobic. Also, by bringing up this sore subject, you're just baiting the "racist" debate by "attempting" to avoid it...and, of course, I fall for the bait. :KREMZEEK:


First off: Wow, really? That's awesome. :grin:

Second: Sorry to imply that, really didn't mean to. With all the social justice crap invading media nowadays I'd just like one movie or game to release without causing some kind of unnecessary controversy because someone was too sensitive. Also sorry for the inadvertent baiting. Wasn't the intent, just griping about the state of social activism in media.

However in regards to your statement it's not Japanese viewers I worry about being offended. Rather it's the white middle American social justice warriors I worry about.

And with that I'll get back on topic: So...with Galvatron rumored to be coming would you say Unicron is more or less confirmed by association?
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489293)
Posted by datguy86 on May 22nd, 2013 @ 2:16am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:
Furthermore, your lifestyle choice


While you just invalidated your argument right here, I'll humor you some.

and past experiences are unfortunately irrelevant in a place where such practices are not well-documented. I have been the victim of hate crimes in the past as well. However, I cannot use those to justify arguments since there is no documentation to support justification with. Winning my sympathy is not going to win the argument.


Here's the problem. "Past experiences" are always used to justify attempted censorship and cries of racism in these films. How come it's irrelevant when someone attempts to say it's no big deal?

Practice what you preach.

Finally, while I agree with you on how the power of words is lessened against an individual who has transcended their meanings; this is a philosophy. It is truth to you as a person, but opinion to those who do not hold the same philosophical learning. It is A way. It is not THE way. It is an opinion on how to voice opinion.


It is not philosophy so much as it's cold, hard logic. And opinion has no place in the realm of logic.


First off, I'd like to apologize for my usage of the words "lifestyle choices". Those words are wholly incorrect and I apologize to anyone offended by them. I should know better.

Yes, the conjecture of this thread is brought upon by the past experiences of the movies. However, the movies are something everyone participating in this thread has most likely seen. Therefore, the posters can extrapolate future comments based on actual observations. Your past and mine? No one can vouch for them but us, and even then it's only as individuals.

No one has the right to tell you to be offended, because (as you have stated) you choose what to be offended by. I agree with you. This is part of personal responsibility.

What I did not agree with is fighting the concept of racism as put forth by social media interest groups with the stereotyping of social media groups. Many of these people are in fact well-educated; and many advocate the same sense of personal responsibility you espouse (but the pundits tend be the loudest). Using stereotypes to fight such a thing is like using a double-negative in a sentence.

In my opinion, the latter two movies have terrible plots and bad characterization. About the only thing I realistically expect from the fourth film is some sexual closeups of Bingbing Li, another few moments of Optimus Prime: Portrait of a Serial Killer, and one solid hour of Army dudes doing Army things with Army tech. In a movie about giant robots.

Seriously, why didn't Michael Bay direct the Joe movies? I don't get it.

And tumbling! I forgot combat rolls made up of robot parts. I expect those too.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489295)
Posted by Burn on May 22nd, 2013 @ 2:56am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:And with that I'll get back on topic:


How nice of you to do that...

No more off topic discussion please. In ANY movie related news thread.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489300)
Posted by MarkNL on May 22nd, 2013 @ 3:41am CDT
Oh my, that sounds good. Can't wait to see what they'll look like in the movie (if the rumor is true).
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489307)
Posted by Mykltron on May 22nd, 2013 @ 5:10am CDT
Megatron has already been brought back from death once. To really justify the name changed he'd have to be revived by something more powerful.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489309)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 22nd, 2013 @ 5:24am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Megatron has already been brought back from death once. To really justify the name changed he'd have to be revived by something more powerful.


I could be wrong on this, but I think the comics version of Galvatron wasn't a reformat of Megatron, but a completely different character.

This, of course, has been a subject of endless controversy by fans. It's up to Bay decided whether to make him a reformatted Megs or a different character.
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489315)
Posted by NovaSentinel on May 22nd, 2013 @ 6:34am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Mykltron wrote:Megatron has already been brought back from death once. To really justify the name changed he'd have to be revived by something more powerful.


I could be wrong on this, but I think the comics version of Galvatron wasn't a reformat of Megatron, but a completely different character.

This, of course, has been a subject of endless controversy by fans. It's up to Bay decided whether to make him a reformatted Megs or a different character.


Yes, in the IDW universe, Galvatron was one of Nova (Nemesis) Primes crew who came back from the dead universe.

Personally, I actually quite liked the idea from that confirmed fake leaked script from a while ago, where Galvatron turns up as his own character, and as a herald of Unicron, but then gets possessed by Megatron, who's conciousness somehow survived.

I can see Hound being the tough guy replacement for Ironhide, and Lockdown being a typical Bay decepticon, with a few lines, similar to movie 1 Barricade.

Hopefully the dinobots will be handled well, although I think they are no doubt going to be the 'comic relief', even if it is very toned down. I also am not getting my hopes set high for all five dinobots making an appearance, I think Bay may choose to go the animated route and stick with three to cut costs a little.

The samurai character sounds pretty obviously like Drift/Deadlock, but unless they change his design he will be the third sword wielding fast car autobot on the team, after Sideswipe and Mirage. This leads me to believe however that either one or both of them won't be appearing (for unexplained reasons probably...RIP Jolt, Skids, Mudflap), or they will be completely reimagined.

When Bay first said about the reimagining of the robots, I was hoping he just meant updated designs for the existing characters, but I suppose it is possible that he could change their personalities as well, although im sure many will argue that that's no great loss, as they hardly had any personality in the first place. :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489327)
Posted by Rated X on May 22nd, 2013 @ 8:41am CDT
Capt.Failure wrote:You know, kind of like how ghetto punk attitudes aren't exclusively black but that didn't stop cries of racism last time. Social justice bloggers aren't very educated individuals though.


Ill be at Botcon in San Diego if you got anything you wanna say to my face. :CON:
Re: Transformers 4 Rumor: New Transformers Characters Revealed? (1489352)
Posted by zatara1701 on May 22nd, 2013 @ 10:18am CDT
I got lost will all the "racism" stuff... :HEADHURTS:

Some people just need to chill...I see where some of the discussion comes from due to the "Twins," which personally was WAY BLOWN OUT of proportion...Hell, I was more offended by Jazz in the first movie. All this in this thread from the word "samurai." Samurai, despite it's actual cultural context, has become synonymous with honorable warrior in modern times. That being said, back to the ACTUAL TOPIC :BANG_HEAD:

HOUND? I can believe, especially since he was pretty constant through G1... My PERSONAL wish, I would LOVE to see him as the JEEP Hurricane concept car, THAT would be badass. :BOWDOWN:

SOOoooo... Galvatron, Dinobots and Drift (not sure why anyone got anything BUT Drift out of the clues #-o ...took "samurai" too literally)... ALL THREE of those are TOO GOOD to be true, so I will refrain from jumping up and down for now. I have heard the Dinobots and Galavatron rumors every movie since ROTF and been disappointed every time :BANG_HEAD:

So until Michael Bay has a press conference with concept pictures behind him and toys of the characters in front of him, I will not even waste time and energy speculating and arguing about this... Even of the event I imagined happened I still wouldn't believe it 100% :BOOM:

I look forward to knowing who is ACTUALLY IN the movie, till then we can speculate and argue till we're blue in the face... We are all destined to have fun till the last minute when the movie comes out next year :grin:

Click here to view an additional 9 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014