Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014!

Transformers News: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014!

Monday, February 13th, 2012 3:55PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Rumors, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 103,128

Although it is no surprise that after Dark of the Moon's impressive $1.124 billion at the worldwide box office, another transformers film would be made. Merely unofficial rumors, until now. Paramount Pictures is planning a return of Transformers to the big screen, likely in June or July of 2014. No confirmation has been given to the return of Michael Bay, but given the success of the Speilberg/Bay combination, it is probable. ComingSoon.net posted information regarding the announcement and had this to say:

producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura wrote:"We'll be there in the summer of 2014," he confirmed, as well as addressing (albeit vaguely) whether Michael Bay will be returning as director or not. "Michael had a debate because he sort of felt at first that he'd done three. Michael and I are both the same in that we always like to top ourselves. That doesn't necessarily mean bigger. It can be bigger in places, it just means different, but we're going to push really hard as fresh and new as we can be."

What can fans expect for a major motion picture on the 30th anniversary of the brand? Time will tell. To read the full account on Comingsoon.net click here.
Credit(s): El_Duque, Comingsoon.net

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346842)
Posted by Mkall on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:04pm CST
Here we go again...
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346844)
Posted by dedcat on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:06pm CST
I'd like to let out a cliche disgruntled groan, but I'll wait til we get some more information.
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346848)
Posted by --B-- on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:09pm CST
Fine with me.

While I don't dig the movie asthetic, and don't buy the toys, it's profits are bringing us 40+ new Generations releases, so got for it!

I like the movies for what they are, just as I do the suprehero movies out there.

Hell, I even liked Daredevil, so there you go 8-}
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346849)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:13pm CST
I honestly have absolutely NO hate for the movies. They are done well, are very entertaining, and are just all around pretty epic movie experiences.

The only thing I want to GROAN about is the inevitable flood of sub-par toys that will occupy all store shelves :(
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346850)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:15pm CST
Well I'm excited; I hope it takes place on what's left of cybertron (assuming there is anything) or somewhere other than Earth. I'm fine with Bay directing; I would just greatly appreciate a new male lead and if possible a scene in which Sam gets killed by a revived Starscream :CON:
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346851)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:17pm CST
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346852)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:18pm CST
This news makes me sadface. Not because of any dislike for Michael Bay or the films themselves or anything, but because the DOTM toyline was a massive fail and I'm tired of the movie aesthetic.
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346855)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:20pm CST
great. i dont think im gonna get the toys of this one. count me OUT. unless it changes my mind.
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346859)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:25pm CST
TF4 toys! Deluxes will be cyberverse sized and cost twice as much! 27 different Bumblebees, 15 different Primes, and the only toys you will want won't make it to retail.

Great job!
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346861)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:26pm CST
Not that I'm not eager for another film, but what more could they possibly do with it?!

Plus, this makes Hasbro's cancellation of the DOTM/movie series *even more* nonsensical and baffling >.<
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346868)
Posted by Bouncy X on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:35pm CST
well they killed off every decepticon they ever showed us so i guess they have more than enough other characters to bring in for a new threat. lol

seriously, what was up with killing them all? the autobots lost 2, Jazz in the 1st movie and Ironhide in the 3rd. but outside of Megatron and Starcream, the decepticons were just cannon fodder and in many instances literally just that as they'd be killed off almost as soon as they were introduced. lol

maybe they were making up for the fact the animated movie killed most of the autobots and only killed one decepticon as the others were merely damaged or changed by Unicron. :P
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346875)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:43pm CST
same old news rumor
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346877)
Posted by OlivusPrime on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:43pm CST
Meh, the only characters I'll buy from this movie if it's not a reboot are Prowl and Hot Rod, as they were slated for the first film. Otherwise, my interest in Transformers is waning as it is, another identikit action film likely won't help.

On the other hand, here's hoping for a HFTD-style filler line beforehand, complete with unreleased DOTM toys and a new Jazz and Bonecrusher! However unlikely it may be.
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346879)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CST
we're never going to get a break are we, god i hope bay and that other moron have nothing to do wit this one. Also hasbro kill off bumblebee & prime so we can get some real figures this time around.
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346880)
Posted by Erailea on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:47pm CST
GetRightRobot wrote:One request. It's petty I know, but can this Transformers film, please please please, be focused on..... Transformers?

I think that's asking a little much of Hasbro and Paramount. You know, they can't have the over sex-ized girls showing off their butts on screen if they did that...

Personally I'm hoping Bay stays out of it. I'd like to see a TF film without his involvement. And considering Spielberg is a damn good director I'm sure he'd give us something notable.

That and I'm kind of hoping for a different art direction for the bots. Like other have mentioned, I'm tired of the movie designs. That's probably asking too much of the movie franchise though -___- If the cartoons can completely change with every new series I don't see why the movies can't follow suit. Just start a new range of TF films... or at least go into the past, but I doubt they'll make a WFC or FoC like film :/ There aren't any scantily clad human women there -__-

Oh well. Means I won't be buying many of the toys if the designs stay the same. Just the new characters. Guess that's somewhat beneficial, for my wallet anyway.
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346883)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on February 13th, 2012 @ 4:56pm CST
Unfortunately, it is too much to ask for the designs to change. The reason is that these movies are made for the general audience, not us. That's where the money is, and that's all they really care about. That's why we have dick jokes and hot chicks, not the bots we love with actual character development. If the average joe doesn't recognize the flame-covered Prime they've spent 5 years shoving down our throats, they are less likely to break the billion mark again :(

So lammee!! I would LOVE a movie on cybertron.
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346884)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on February 13th, 2012 @ 5:00pm CST
Transformers 4: This time, giant transforming robots with celebrity voices for main characters and voices that sound exactly the same for everyone else will fight to the (sort of, they'll be back in the sequel!) death... IN SPACE! That is to say, in a physical space. Earth will do nicely. But this time, with 12% new material and 40% more explosions!

GET READY... TO SEE A MOVIE. AND PAY $15 A TICKET FOR IT. COMING SUMMER 2014~
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346891)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 13th, 2012 @ 5:12pm CST
Can't wait to see what comes to this movie.
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346902)
Posted by all_the_primes on February 13th, 2012 @ 6:05pm CST
I wish it's a prequel,but NOOO... :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers 4 - Summer of 2014! (1346907)
Posted by Chandler Prime 1 on February 13th, 2012 @ 6:31pm CST
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :grin: :BOT:

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy MP-10 Optimus Prime Convoy Transformers Masterpiece Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 27 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Generations G1 Color FOC Bruticus Maximus Combaticon Combiner Loose - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 35 seconds
Takara Transformers Armada Micron MC-03 Hot Shot Rod with Jolt Figure - Time Remaining: 8 days 46 minutes 36 seconds
6 Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron Galvatron Megatron Skywarp Autobot Rodimus - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 18 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Leader Class Sentinel Prime Action Figure MIB DOTM Mechtech - Time Remaining: 29 days 13 hours 18 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers 2 ROTF Leader Megatron New Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 3 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers RID Deluxe Scourge Tanker Truck New Sealed - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 4 minutes 28 seconds
Hasbro Kre-o Transformers Megatron Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 4 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory