Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox

Transformers News: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 11:35PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,626

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Taylor Daily Press have updated their facebook page with a gallery of images form the "Transformers 4" filming in Taylor, TX. We see Mark Wahlberg and director Michael Bay on set, and get our best look yet of the older model rusty cab over style truck, which features flames just like another truck in the movie franchise...........

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

In other "Transformers 4" Texas filming news, a fire broke out at a location in Pflugerville. TMZ reports a fire broke out in the attic of a 100 year old farm house, possible started by pyrotechnics. Luckily local fire departments were able to save the structure, but there was significant damage to the attic. One civilian injury was reported.

Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, First Beaks Out in Pflugerville, No Fox

Lastly, despite the suspicious #MeganFox hash tag that was attached to the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Coupe image posted on Paramount's official Instagram account, and the even more suspicious responses from Shoot for the Edit's admin nelson, he insists she will not be in "Transformers 4".

nelson wrote:He already said "No". But then people respond with "but that was in April!"

He could said No again today and tomorrow they'll be saying "well, that was yesterday".

BTW, I know he's to busy to address what I call a non-issue.
Credit(s): The Taylor Daily Press, TMZ, nelson
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494844)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 13th, 2013 @ 12:04am CDT
While I won't be surprised if Fox does happen to be in the movie, I couldn't care less. Was always in it for the bots, and those alone.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494845)
Posted by noctorro on June 13th, 2013 @ 12:30am CDT
You didn't notice the G1 Optimus Prime alt mode with Movie Prime's flames?

I think Mr. Bay was forced by crew to put in a little something for the G1 fans out there.
Which makes me more excited :)
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494847)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on June 13th, 2013 @ 12:49am CDT
noctorro wrote:You didn't notice the G1 Optimus Prime alt mode with Movie Prime's flames?

I think Mr. Bay was forced by crew to put in a little something for the G1 fans out there.
Which makes me more excited :)


Yeah, I did notice the truck, but it's been shown already in other earlier posts. Who was this rumored to be again? Grimlock? Galvatron?

I vaguely remember something about the truck being a "transitional" alt mode between the old movie long-nose truck and new Western Star. Got to go dig up that movie thread again.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494850)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:11am CDT
GUYS. I just had a mind-blowing thought. I think this movie involves time travel. BOTH Prime and Bee have been seen with retro alt modes. What if they had to adopt them to blend in because they're in another time. And that's when Bay introduces Hot Rod - because, you know, what makes a better Hot Rod than an actual hot rod? I know, now I'm sounding crazy. Just watch Michael Bay put something like time travel in as just a lame daydream of the main character, to tease us with just a glimpse of something we always wanted but will never ever have: A retro-styled live action Transformers movie. But that's way off-topic...

Time travel. If that's what it is, I called it.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494851)
Posted by kremzeeeek on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:50am CDT
I think it is obvious in these pictures. Somehow the story goes back in time to the 70s. Look at the cars and trucks. Old Mustang, old Chevy pickup truck, the mini cooper. I think Bee and Prime go back in time or something. Bee being the old muscle Camaro and Prime being the old flat front. Dont know why its all rusted but im sure we will find out. Imagine the old light blue Chevy truck as Kup? Lots of unanswered questions still. Perhaps Walbergs character originates from the past.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494852)
Posted by Jack Hallows on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:57am CDT
when i first saw the truck in the previous pictures, i didn't notice the flames. i was hoping it'd be my boy Kup's old ass. guess not. but we can still hope and dream right?

anyway, where the #^($ is ultra magnus?!
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494856)
Posted by NovaSentinel on June 13th, 2013 @ 2:48am CDT
If Optimus went back in time, why would he scan an already rusty truck?
Also, I can see by the paint that the truck cab is entirely blue except for the flames
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494858)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 13th, 2013 @ 3:33am CDT
kremzeeeek wrote:I think it is obvious in these pictures. Somehow the story goes back in time to the 70s. Look at the cars and trucks. Old Mustang, old Chevy pickup truck, the mini cooper. I think Bee and Prime go back in time or something. Bee being the old muscle Camaro and Prime being the old flat front. Dont know why its all rusted but im sure we will find out. Imagine the old light blue Chevy truck as Kup? Lots of unanswered questions still. Perhaps Walbergs character originates from the past.

Yea no, the whole "traveling back in time and adopting G1 alt-modes has been around since the very first rumors surrounding ROTF.
Not going to happen, since this "G1 Prime truck" has been filmed alongside Prime's new beefcake truck alt-mode.

But it's kinda cool that it has flames.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494864)
Posted by njb902 on June 13th, 2013 @ 5:55am CDT
Optimus isn't small enough to be that rusted tractor.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494875)
Posted by TCWJoe on June 13th, 2013 @ 7:03am CDT
Despite how unlikely it is, my fingers are crossed for a pre-armor Ultra Magnus
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494884)
Posted by jordie5150 on June 13th, 2013 @ 8:12am CDT
Anyone think Huffer maybe? I mean he was a simple styled truck just like the rusted one.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494885)
Posted by RAcast on June 13th, 2013 @ 8:13am CDT
Now I'm REALLY excited to see what comes of the flat-nose truck.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494896)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:02am CDT
Only other transformer that I know of other than Optimus that has flames is Hot Rod. Come on Rodimus lets see you get your big reveal. At least I hope its Hot Rod.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494899)
Posted by #Sideways# on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:08am CDT
Firstly, you, ah, have a couple of mispellings in your title. For instance, I don't think any First have any Beaks. :P

Anyway, I have a theory. Remember in the Armada Comics when G1 Optimus dimension jumped?

Image

I could find it completely feasible that this, along with Bumblebee, are actually from a different dimension where they arrive in the "Good 'Ol Days" insteat of modern times and do stuff there. But of course, things are mixed up when Megatron/Galvatron (I'm predicting a time-traveling Galvatron from our time) show up and destroy all of the Autobots, save Prime (who is wounded in the process, see pictures of the truck) and Bee, who flee to our time to warn us to make sure we stop Galvatron/Megatron.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494922)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:42am CDT
Still betting the truck is Galvatron... >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494931)
Posted by Bouncy X on June 13th, 2013 @ 11:09am CDT
if Galvatron is indeed in this movie, too bad they already used Leonard Nimoy for Part 3. how cool would it have been to have him return to do the voice.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1494971)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 13th, 2013 @ 1:13pm CDT
As far as the older cars go, people still do drive around in them. Albeit few. But this is a MOVIE. The whole time traveling idea just seems way too far fetched. Besides, this movie takes place a few years after Dark of the Moon.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495051)
Posted by Caelus on June 13th, 2013 @ 4:33pm CDT
Theory:

Optimus & Bumblebee travel to the past (probably in pursuit of some Decepticons, that decided to go back in time and awaken Megatron early, and alter the events of the preceding three movies, creating a nightmarish alternate All-Hail-Megatron reality), and adopt appropriate alternate modes (including a then shiny new blue and red COE).

Bumblebee is able to escape back to the future, but Optimus is left in the past.

Optimus cannot risk interfering with history anymore than he has, and has sparing access to appropriate resources, so he parks himself out of sight somewhere for 40yrs, and waits for the time stream to catch up.

Based on RotF Jetfire's poor health, and even more so on DotM Megatron's condition, we know that conditions on Earth are not as kind to Transformers as those on Cybertron, leading to relatively rapid decay, at least superficially, in the absence of appropriate resources. (But then, a modern human being wouldn't look so good if they were stranded in the stone age for a couple decades, so it seems understandable.)

Back to the Future Prime winds up, for one reason or another, pressured into abandoning his vow of silence/secrecy, and comes out of hiding early, teaming up with his 'past' self before that self travels back in time (maybe the time traveling Prime tries to dodge a paradox by introducing himself as Ultra Magnus, now that his paint has faded to rusted white).

This still produces a paradox, of course, but as far as most audiences are concerned, it'll be 'resolved' when Paradox Prime sacrifices himself heroically and prevents the time travel from occurring, leaving us with two years to gripe about the abundant plot holes, but buy up every version of pre-rusted COE time traveling Prime we can get.

Oh, and alternate time-line Megatron/Galvatron somehow survives the change in the time stream, effectively resurrecting him for the next two movies.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495067)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on June 13th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:GUYS. I just had a mind-blowing thought. I think this movie involves time travel. BOTH Prime and Bee have been seen with retro alt modes. What if they had to adopt them to blend in because they're in another time. And that's when Bay introduces Hot Rod - because, you know, what makes a better Hot Rod than an actual hot rod? I know, now I'm sounding crazy. Just watch Michael Bay put something like time travel in as just a lame daydream of the main character, to tease us with just a glimpse of something we always wanted but will never ever have: A retro-styled live action Transformers movie. But that's way off-topic...

Time travel. If that's what it is, I called it.


Hmm... I think your on to something. I've notcied that all the cars in that shot were of 70's era and older. Good eyes.

ILL-Star wrote:As far as the older cars go, people still do drive around in them. Albeit few. But this is a MOVIE. The whole time traveling idea just seems way too far fetched. Besides, this movie takes place a few years after Dark of the Moon.


Yea, about as far fetched as a MOVIE about alien transforming robots. :DANCE:
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495072)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on June 13th, 2013 @ 6:39pm CDT
Sorry for the double post, but besides the flames, the faded white stripe going down the said of the beat up flat nosed truck is very reminisante of G1 Prime. Just say'in. :D
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495079)
Posted by njb902 on June 13th, 2013 @ 6:58pm CDT
Remember though bay likes the mass of a character to be representative of its size in both modes. That being said I believe that truck is too small to be Optimus.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495085)
Posted by RAcast on June 13th, 2013 @ 7:06pm CDT
njb902 wrote:Remember though bay likes the mass of a character to be representative of its size in both modes. That being said I believe that truck is too small to be Optimus.

I hate to admit that it might be Hot Rod. =_=; I hate Hot Rod, I really do. I'd much rather it be some sort of time-and-space-jumping Optimus, I'd love that, if for no other reason than having Movie Optimus and G1 Optimus on the same screen at the same time. 'Twould be epic. :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495093)
Posted by mirageandjazz1197 on June 13th, 2013 @ 7:29pm CDT
i honestly face palm at all with the time travel idea no ones is going to do that for a movie. its been around for ROTF and DOTM everyone thought they would go back but they did not and thats how its going to be!
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495094)
Posted by RAcast on June 13th, 2013 @ 7:36pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:i honestly face palm at all with the time travel idea no ones is going to do that for a movie. its been around for ROTF and DOTM everyone thought they would go back but they did not and thats how its going to be!

This is clearly reverse psychology. You want me to believe that it WILL be time travel! It's totally going to be. There's no other possibility. :shock:

(Dude, calm down, nobody knows what they're actually going to do, and time travel is an entirely reasonable possibility. We don't know what the script is yet. All we know is that there will be :michaelbay: . And prooobably more :michaelbay: . And maybe :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: for good measure. :lol: )
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495110)
Posted by mirageandjazz1197 on June 13th, 2013 @ 8:35pm CDT
I know but he said he wants things to be as realistic as possible the space bridge is probably the closest thing to unrealistic it's gona get if this were not the case he would make Megatron a gun and also make mass shifting in the series and also dinobots
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495125)
Posted by RAcast on June 13th, 2013 @ 9:49pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:I know but he said he wants things to be as realistic as possible the space bridge is probably the closest thing to unrealistic it's gona get if this were not the case he would make Megatron a gun and also make mass shifting in the series and also dinobots

This is a sci-fi series about giant alien robots, so the definition of "realistic" is wider than normal. Also, there's precedence for time travel in Transformers lore.

Yeah, he didn't want to involve mass shifting, I don't blame him. Even in a sci-fi setting...it's a weird thing, particularly in the case of giant robots who mostly transform into vehicles (i.e. their altmodes are primarily methods of rapid transport).

As for dinobots, giant robot dinosaurs would make terrible disguises; all of the movieverse altmodes are actual machines. He could certainly do the characters, but if he did he would most likely give them vehicle altmodes in dinobot colors with robot modes that have beastlike characteristics to keep to the homage.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495135)
Posted by zatara1701 on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:53pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:GUYS. I just had a mind-blowing thought. I think this movie involves time travel. BOTH Prime and Bee have been seen with retro alt modes. What if they had to adopt them to blend in because they're in another time. And that's when Bay introduces Hot Rod - because, you know, what makes a better Hot Rod than an actual hot rod? I know, now I'm sounding crazy. Just watch Michael Bay put something like time travel in as just a lame daydream of the main character, to tease us with just a glimpse of something we always wanted but will never ever have: A retro-styled live action Transformers movie. But that's way off-topic...

Time travel. If that's what it is, I called it.


Hmm... I think your on to something. I've notcied that all the cars in that shot were of 70's era and older. Good eyes.

ILL-Star wrote:As far as the older cars go, people still do drive around in them. Albeit few. But this is a MOVIE. The whole time traveling idea just seems way too far fetched. Besides, this movie takes place a few years after Dark of the Moon.


Yea, about as far fetched as a MOVIE about alien transforming robots. :DANCE:



Being a sci-fi Nerd to the Nth degree, I am all about time travel, BUT I am going to call BS on the time travel thing... :HEADHURTS:

1) We're talking Michael Bay here :michaelbay: , waaaaaay to complex for him to tackle

2) Being from Texas, having lived near all the places they are filming for several years and going through little Texas towns like that... When you drive through any little towns like that it FEELS like you are going back in time...the store fronts, the people AND THE CARS!!! Go through any old Texas town and you will see MORE than your fair share of classic vehicles...some are restored, some are rust buckets but all in all it's detached from the modern world and flavor. :-B

I have said it once, I will say it a MILLION times out here...Speculate ALL YOU WANT... but I will be the first to say you're all wasting your time, energy and setting yourself up for disappointment. You want to speculate?? Think of anything and everything WE want as fans in the movie...now go the opposite direction. I am far from a Bay-hater, but I know the movies will never be THAT nostalgic for the G1 crowd. We cant be lucky enough to have a director that grew up watching the cartoon and playing with the toys...I have to be glad for JJ Abrams and Joss Whedon and everything they do for that kind of "fuzzy, warm" feeling. :BOWDOWN:

If the Dinobots ARE in the movie and if they are anything BUT DINOS...Bay can go choke on a T-Rex D&%k!!
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495138)
Posted by zatara1701 on June 13th, 2013 @ 10:59pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:I know but he said he wants things to be as realistic as possible the space bridge is probably the closest thing to unrealistic it's gona get if this were not the case he would make Megatron a gun and also make mass shifting in the series and also dinobots

This is a sci-fi series about giant alien robots, so the definition of "realistic" is wider than normal. Also, there's precedence for time travel in Transformers lore.

Yeah, he didn't want to involve mass shifting, I don't blame him. Even in a sci-fi setting...it's a weird thing, particularly in the case of giant robots who mostly transform into vehicles (i.e. their altmodes are primarily methods of rapid transport).

As for dinobots, giant robot dinosaurs would make terrible disguises; all of the movieverse altmodes are actual machines. He could certainly do the characters, but if he did he would most likely give them vehicle altmodes in dinobot colors with robot modes that have beastlike characteristics to keep to the homage.



PS- Dino alt modes aren't so crazy if they have been buried for a few million years...Don't forget the "FOCUS" on China we were told about. Not to mention the Transformers that have been on earth for millennia as mentioned in ROTF. Finding the Dinobots buried somewhere in China where there are fossils of dinos literally laying on the ground sounds way more plausible than time travel or vehicle Dinobots. PLUS they would need to look THAT realistic to be disguised since the dinosaurs weren't exactly mental giants to fool.

Just a thought...
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495141)
Posted by xtreme_awesomo on June 13th, 2013 @ 11:19pm CDT
i live in taylor and got some pics with the 18 wheeler which i believe is a decepticon and also the chevy spark that looks to be a autobot character
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495148)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on June 14th, 2013 @ 12:21am CDT
I'm thinking the US government will sever all ties with the Autobots and they will be forced to go into hiding. That would explain the need for new alt modes and that "Remember Chicago" billboard.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495178)
Posted by xtreme_awesomo on June 14th, 2013 @ 6:17am CDT
Yea I know the rusted one is a Decepticon and Optimus never came to Texas according to the crew they are in Detriot
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495179)
Posted by xtreme_awesomo on June 14th, 2013 @ 6:19am CDT
xtreme_awesomo wrote:i live in taylor and got some pics with the 18 wheeler which i believe is a decepticon and also the chevy spark that looks to be a autobot character


Yea when I saw that I was thinking the same thing no telling why the story is actually going to lead to
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495286)
Posted by El Duque on June 14th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CDT
Those of you who have been keeping up with the "Transformers 4" filming news will recall there was a small fire on a farm filming location in Pflugerville, TX. The fire broke out in the attic of a 100 year old farm house, and there were some reports that it might have been result of pyrotechnics that were been used during filming. The fire was quickly controlled and only one injury was reported. Apparently some of the various entertainment websites have really been blowing this fire out of proportion, enough so that director Michael Bay has issued the following statement regarding the fire:

Shooting of Transformers 4 is going great with Wahlberg and the new cast. We are having a great time in Texas.

I’m reading how the news makes everything more dramatic than real life. I guess the truth was just too unexciting. Yes there was a small smoldering fire at a house and no, no one was injured during the fire. And no, no one “just narrowly escaped” as the news dramatically states. A crew member though twisted his ankle after falling in a gopher hole on the ranch.

The fire was put out in a brief 15 minutes by a great fire crew on set. It was an attic fire and cause is unknown. No we were not shooting in the attic, we were shooting outside on the ranch.
Michael
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495287)
Posted by xtreme_awesomo on June 14th, 2013 @ 1:35pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Those of you who have been keeping up with the "Transformers 4" filming news will recall there was a small fire on a farm filming location in Pflugerville, TX. The fire broke out in the attic of a 100 year old farm house, and there were some reports that it might have been result of pyrotechnics that were been used during filming. The fire was quickly controlled and only one injury was reported. Apparently some of the various entertainment websites have really been blowing this fire out of proportion, enough so that director Michael Bay has issued the following statement regarding the fire:

Shooting of Transformers 4 is going great with Wahlberg and the new cast. We are having a great time in Texas.

I’m reading how the news makes everything more dramatic than real life. I guess the truth was just too unexciting. Yes there was a small smoldering fire at a house and no, no one was injured during the fire. And no, no one “just narrowly escaped” as the news dramatically states. A crew member though twisted his ankle after falling in a gopher hole on the ranch.

The fire was put out in a brief 15 minutes by a great fire crew on set. It was an attic fire and cause is unknown. No we were not shooting in the attic, we were shooting outside on the ranch.
Michael




That's true the media did blow it wrong. Only think it was a old house but that's it'. Things happen.. Yea there here for another week in Texas then moving to Detriot... I was the only person in my town to get close up pics of the cars. :D
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495304)
Posted by El Duque on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:22pm CDT
xtreme_awesomo wrote:That's true the media did blow it wrong. Only think it was a old house but that's it'. Things happen.. Yea there here for another week in Texas then moving to Detriot... I was the only person in my town to get close up pics of the cars.


Got any good images you could share?
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495308)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:33pm CDT
Love the bit about the poor guy twisting his ankle in a gopher hole. Hope he is OK of course. But this is why the media is such a pain. It's not that they lie they are just damn good at twisting the truth. >:oP
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495314)
Posted by xtreme_awesomo on June 14th, 2013 @ 2:50pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Love the bit about the poor guy twisting his ankle in a gopher hole. Hope he is OK of course. But this is why the media is such a pain. It's not that they lie they are just damn good at twisting the truth. >:oP


Yea te media messes everything up at times. Poor guy. Are you guys enjoying the weather and awesome scenery?
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495368)
Posted by kriksix on June 14th, 2013 @ 5:51pm CDT
erm, who knows? I don't know. But the idea of it not being Optimus seems insane to me - the flat nose truck form is what too many people see as the iconic image of Prime for it to be Galvatron or Hot Rod or whoever imhmfo. Maybe it's just a homage like they did with the VWBeetle in #1, which would be kinda lame.. but I'm hoping it's just that all the known bots need to change their alt modes to improve their disguises what with all their previous high profile activities n all. A change in size wouldn't remotely bother me. Prime changing alt mode to his G1 form, with a movie aesthetic/blend in robo mode would, to me, be AWESOME. still, whatever, I'm loving the intrigue.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Filming Images from Taylor, TX, Fire Breaks Out on Pflugerville, TX set, nelson Says No Megan Fox (1495643)
Posted by xtreme_awesomo on June 15th, 2013 @ 5:48pm CDT
photo 2-1.JPG
El Duque wrote:
xtreme_awesomo wrote:That's true the media did blow it wrong. Only think it was a old house but that's it'. Things happen.. Yea there here for another week in Texas then moving to Detriot... I was the only person in my town to get close up pics of the cars.


Got any good images you could share?


i got these? i was the first in my town to get this close with pics :D