Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D

Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 7:43PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,885

Director Michael Bay's official twitter account has released a couple of Transformers 4 details. It has been announced that Nicola Peltz has been added to the film's cast, presumably in the role of Mark Wahlberg's daughter. Second, we have confirmation that Transformers 4 will be shot in 3D.

Credit(s): Michael Bay Dot Com
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474446)
Posted by njb902 on March 26th, 2013 @ 8:02pm CDT
I have no opinion on the actress but I'm really think I'm over 3d.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474448)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 26th, 2013 @ 8:19pm CDT
wake me when you have images of the toys
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474449)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 26th, 2013 @ 8:28pm CDT
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474451)
Posted by lowman_x on March 26th, 2013 @ 8:41pm CDT
njb902 wrote:I have no opinion on the actress but I'm really think I'm over 3d.

I hear ya about the 3D.

As to the actress: it's not gonna matter how good (or terrible) the actors and actresses are, this is Bay we're talking about and this is Bay's Transformers. I don't think "acting" is anywhere in the position description he gives his cast. Look at the previous three films. He's had some really good actors and they've been given nothing to work with. Jon Voight played, well, Jon Voight from what I could see. John Turturro became more and more of a caricature as the movies progressed (along with most of the other supporting cast). John Malkovich was... hell, I don't know what he was meant to be doing. And the women were pretty much eye-candy and told to run and scream a lot while essentially being raped by the camera with any of their lines delivered with the skill and passion of Stephen Hawking's robotic wheelchair voice. The exception to that rule was Frances McDormand's character (cliche) of "hard-ass b*tch" and Rachael Taylor as the attractive - yet feisty - computer geek who despite being the one to figure out that they were being hacked by a #$%@ING ALIEN RACE was totally left out of any further plans until she forced her way into them - and even then she was shot down.

It's all one big crapfest. I didn't pay to see the third one and I sure as hell won't be paying to see this one. It's a shame because I liked the first one and I was all onboard for Bay getting the arse and them getting a new director. Alas, it's not to be. Hell, they've even kept the same writer as DotM. If that's not a recipe for a s*** movie then I don't know what is.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474452)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
A mildly-unknown actress who has had some movie experience and a relatively clean slate to her name, leaving us to judge her based solely on the merit of her performance in the movie alone instead of whining about past roles she's been in?

Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474459)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 26th, 2013 @ 9:54pm CDT
well at least she is hot. no idea who she is or why i should care about her. she is just suppose to be the pretty face in the movie im going to assume.
griftimus prime wrote:wake me when you have images of the toys

this.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474464)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 26th, 2013 @ 10:43pm CDT
Well, at least she's pretty.

And on the note of too much human drama, I'd say that, judging from DOTM (which I thoroughly enjoyed), that there may or may not be too much human drama. I mean, look at ROTF. It should have been called "Sam Witwicky: Look at these huge robots fight whilst I stutter and go insane!", LATHRFWISAGI for short. I don't think Bay will make the same mistake twice.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474473)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 26th, 2013 @ 11:01pm CDT
Man, if ROTF had actually been called LATHRFWISAGI, I probably would have liked it better. At least DOTM was decent. This one...

I'm starting to get this feeling that Whalberg won't have as large a part as he should. Or if he does, it will be overshadowed by teen...stuff, what woth his daughter having a NASCAR boyfriend and all.

Now... When are we gonna start seeing some cast announcements for the TFs?
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474476)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 26th, 2013 @ 11:17pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Now... When are we gonna start seeing some cast announcements for the TFs?
Thus far, Peter Cullen's been confirmed to return as Optimus.

I mean, yeah we all expected that, but it's still something.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474482)
Posted by lupinesithlord on March 26th, 2013 @ 11:47pm CDT
I have to admit I was more excited about the future of this movie without BAY. It wont matter what the characters are who their supposed to be or anything, he will arbitrarily change things just to irritate the core transformers fan :CON: .
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474505)
Posted by nullraydk on March 27th, 2013 @ 2:27am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:...Third, no less than 20 new Bumblebee figures will be released with the upcoming toy line, even if he's not in the new movie. Fourth, to lighten up the tone of the Transformers 4, Michael Bay has cast Chris Tucker as the voice of the planet smashing villian Unicron. Fifth, we can confirm that there will be way too much human drama in the film and not enough TRANSFORMERS...

haha, I see waht you did there! and much agreed! I mean, there's no way to avoid humans interacting with the transformers if we want to see a live film, I just wish there were less human story to it all...I mean sure, Spike and Daniel did cause quite a few predicaments for the Autobots in G1 and so on, but in the end we were watching Autobots and Decepts carry out the plot through the whole episode. Hopefully we will finally get what we've been waiting for...
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474512)
Posted by Bouncy X on March 27th, 2013 @ 5:48am CDT
lupinesithlord wrote:I actively avoid movies that are only 3-d, its a way to milk extra money out of moviegoers. I dont feel that 3d adds anything particularly worthwhile.

thats why you go and see the 2D version instead!! :P
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474547)
Posted by rpetras on March 27th, 2013 @ 9:11am CDT
A Bay film is a Bay film.

Take it for what it is, explosions and eye candy.
On that level, I enjoy them.
And on topic, I'm liking this new eye candy!

Let him keep raking in billions of dollars for the franchise and when his run is done, we'll get a series reboot.

Everybody wins!
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474564)
Posted by Delicon on March 27th, 2013 @ 12:45pm CDT
I thought to myself "Boy, she looks amazing!" until I realized she was born in the same year I graduated from high school. Yikes.
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474572)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 27th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
Re: Transformers 4 Updates: Nicola Peltz Officially Added to Cast, Confirmation of 3D (1474594)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 27th, 2013 @ 3:57pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:so they're still trying to push 3d huh? Thought by now they would've dropped it cause no one does it right. So far the only movie ive seen with good 3d was avatar.

And even then, it still wasn't anything grand imo. Anyway, I do look forward to seeing who will play our beloved 'bots and 'cons.

Other than Peter Cullen, anyway. If he's not playing Optimus in some modern medium, something's up.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014