Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound

Transformers News: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound

Friday, May 31st, 2013 1:54PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 34,874

Thanks to MichaelBay.com, we now know that the name "Hound" has been assigned to the large green truck shown in this week's set photos from the filming of Transformers 4. Unfortunately, this is not Bulkhead as many fans had hoped or assumed.

MichaelBay.com wrote:Hound
The always rugged and reliable Hound, one of the Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles from Oshkosh Defense. High resolution photo: http://bayhem.com/16wz8Oj

Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound

Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound
Credit(s): MichaelBay.com
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491681)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 31st, 2013 @ 1:58pm CDT
Totally called it (well, more like one of my three guesses). >:oP
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491682)
Posted by necr0blivion on May 31st, 2013 @ 1:59pm CDT
Good to see a new type of vehicle being represented, but I was hoping this would be revealed as Bulkhead considering how he ties into the past 6 years of media.
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491687)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:10pm CDT
:sad: HOW THE HELL IT'S NOT A JEEP WRANGLER FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! :BANG_HEAD:

:michaelbay:

:grin: Now, please show the robot mode and let's hope for at least a voyager toy. :x
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491688)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491689)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
Awesome. I'm very ok with this being Hound. I would prefer the names go to classic characters rather than newbies. It's also very nice seeing the Autobots get something other than sports cars. The RC truck and Laptop were cool though (as alt. modes I mean).
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491690)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:12pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote::sad: HOW THE HELL IT'S NOT A JEEP WRANGLER FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! :BANG_HEAD:

I would have preferred it as a Jeep as well. In fact, any type of Jeep would have been fine.

But as I usually say, different continuities, different whatevers. ;)
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491692)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:13pm CDT
NovaSentinel wrote:Something tells me that Bay will have the dinobots turn into vehicles, but have Dino modes instead of robot modes :-? why? because :michaelbay:

Know what? that would be rad as hell! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491693)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:16pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

But as I usually say, different continuities, different whatevers. ;)

Someone said that this mode would have suited Bulkhead better. Also, Hound was usually a subtle guy, with his hollogram gimmick and whatnot. Still, I'm looking forward to see how this character will turn out in the movie verse.

Also, this is a great vehicle mode. I'm looking forward for a robot mode.
I also hope for a good toy to go with it.
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491695)
Posted by That Bot on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:17pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:UNfortunately? I'm glad it's not Bulkhead. He's a character that was created to appeal to younger kids who watch the cartoons, not the audience the movies are intended for.

Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491700)
Posted by necr0blivion on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:24pm CDT

Because the movies cater to an audience that likes to see dogs humping other dogs, or "Wheelie" humping a female human's leg?

This is a great alt mode for good ole Bulkhead, and if indeed he was originally created to appeal to younger kids watching cartoons, the live action movies don't necessarily hold characters to their cartoon form.

At least this is another example of having a new character in the Bayverse.
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491701)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:24pm CDT
That Bot wrote:Bay himself has said on numerous occasions that the movies are made with kids in mind. That suggests to me that he has a weird idea of what's appropriate for kids and what isn't, but that's beside the point.

I agree: his idea of "for the kids" is definitely twisted.
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491703)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:27pm CDT
well at least he's a military vehicle, now we just need to hope he looks like hound & not bulhead.
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491710)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491712)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
I wouldn't be surprised if Hound is just a temporary codename given to throw us off, and he really turns out to be Bulkhead.

Either way, I don't care, I'm just glad it's a green military vehicle.
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491713)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 31st, 2013 @ 2:46pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:A military vehicle Autobot! Finally!! Seriously, how'd it take 4 damn movies for Michael Bay of all people to make a military vehicle a good guy?

*ahem*

And let's not forget:

;)
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491722)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on May 31st, 2013 @ 3:44pm CDT
:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: F#%$&K YEAH WELCOME TO THE LIVE ACTION FILM HOUND!! THANK GOD IT WAS NOT BULKHEAD I HATE BIG AND DUMB :HEADHURTS: ...and i could care less if its not a tiny ass jeep!! Another G1 character for the decepticons to slaughter :CON:
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491723)
Posted by ScottyP on May 31st, 2013 @ 3:44pm CDT
I'm glad it's not Bulkhead. I have Bulkhead fatigue. Bulkhead isn't even a particularly interesting character :puts on flame-proof suit:
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491724)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 31st, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

I agree: his idea of "for the kids" is definitely twisted.

How so? Violence in cartoons was considered appropriate for kids in the 90s. Why should it be any different?
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491725)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 31st, 2013 @ 4:08pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

I agree: his idea of "for the kids" is definitely twisted.

Exhibit A) Sexual innuendo taken too far (Alice, Wheelie, and one of the first scenes of Dark of the Moon are prime examples).

Exhibit B) Language, to the point where even the ever famous explicative (you know, the "F" one) was uttered by Mikaela when Sam was "killed" in Revenge of the Fallen.
Re: Transformers 4's green truck revealed as Hound (1491731)
Posted by Burn on May 31st, 2013 @ 4:24pm CDT
I'd like to see these quotes where Bay has said these movies are made with kids in mind.

Is anyone able to provide them?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering