Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders

Friday, October 25th, 2013 11:42AM CDT

Category: Live Action Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 44,188

Our friends over at the Planet Iacon facebook page seem to have gotten a hold of some early renders of Optimus Prime as he will appear in the next live action film, Transformers: Age of Extinction. As you can see in the images mirrored below, these designs fall in line with what we've already seen in toy form. The last image in series features who we assume are Grimlock in his alt mode and Bumblebee in his new robot mode. Check em out below!

Transformers News: Re: New Movie Poster Reveals Transformers Age of Extinction Optimus Prime CG Model

Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525899)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 25th, 2013 @ 12:02pm CDT
So Dinobots, and shiny, primary colors. Yes, making sure Power Rangers fans are interested in this too just after their 20 year anniversary is as good a way as any to expand your audience a bit in the year of TF's Thrilling 30. I always felt like the G2 Dinobots spearheaded the "Year of the Dinosaur" before most people had heard of Jurassic Park, so this actually makes perfect marketing sense to me; powerful nostalgia blinders for 1993 have I.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525909)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 25th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
Please for the love of god someone cancel bays anime subscription cause those are terrible. Prime looks like a generic anime robot had a baby with rodimus prime and slapped optimus' head & color scheme on it. Grimlocks (if thats his name) alt mode looks good but i can tell you now his robot mode is going to be an epic fail. I really hope this is the last movie cause its not getting any better. I dont care if he got the best writer in the world to pen the script cause if my eyes arent happy then im not happy, and believe me im not happy.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525911)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:00pm CDT
Seeing these stills has just put me right back to square one.
Seriously, how many expletives and derogatory,disparaging remarks can I make about this upcoming film in one post before it gets me banned for life?

That new Prime straight up SUCKS ASS!! What a horrid looking POS!!
NO...NO... HELL NO! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

And yet... many of you are going to think this is the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Why, I don't know but that... THING... is not a Transformer, it is not a "Prime"... it is an abomination. Nuke it! Nuke it before it spreads!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525913)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:08pm CDT
Here...I'm just hoping that This is Offical and that Dinobots are real!!!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525914)
Posted by ShardFenix on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:11pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I do seriously hope that this is just some early, conceptual possibilities and not indicative of anything close to the actual bots we will be getting. I've slowly been warming up to this new movie, trying to be open-minded even though I've been totally against them moving beyond the original trilogy.
Seeing these stills has just put me right back to square one.

That new Prime straight up SUCKS ASS!! What a horrid looking POS!!
NO...NO... HELL NO! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

Such butthurt its astounding.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525918)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CDT
This new Optimus Prime looks like he has a Transformers: Prime, Transformers: Movie, Japanese samurai design, though the toy isn't as bad as this CG design. The only thing that I like about this model - is his face. =;
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525919)
Posted by sabrigami on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525923)
Posted by CaptainMagic on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:46pm CDT
sabrigami wrote:I like it. A little more of a coherent design instead of the weird mish mash designs they have had so far. If that art is any indication of what Grimlock may look like, I need a toy of him right now =P~ :KREMZEEK:

I hate to say it, but I kind of have to agree. "Coherent" is even the first word that popped into my head. This actually is a really nice robot design that I can willingly admit to liking. I mean, we're still way past the point where I think Bay should be allowed to make movies, or, you know, breathe, and I'll never go see this because I've been hurt too many times before, but a nice design is a nice design.

It's not Optimus, though. Optimus is too big, imposing, and not a samurai to have this body.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525924)
Posted by reluctantyouth on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:47pm CDT
I knew there was a reason I wasn't supposed to get out of bed this morning. >:oP

Generic Baybots were not on the menu. I-)

Although I'm getting a Beast Machines Cheetor vibe out of Bee's head sculpt...anyone else see that? :-? I kind of like it.

Prime just saddens me to the deepest pits of Cybertron :BANG_HEAD:

Grimlock...meh...it kind of looks like the Beast Wars Megatron we got for the 10th aniversay...if that is his bot mode...Gawd...If Grimlock has his T-Rex head for a hand I'm gonna :SICK:

Here's to hoping these are early renditions and we will be seeing something better down the pike.

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525925)
Posted by njb902 on October 25th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CDT
I'm surprised at how little red he has, I'm not sure if that's good or bad yet. I also like how combat oriented he looks with all the "armour".
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525927)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525929)
Posted by njb902 on October 25th, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Ya'll really need to get a grip and realize that none of these are what the final CG models are gonna look like on screen. :roll: >:oP

Oh go pink fuzzy bunny yourself. Even If it is just a working model it's okay to comment on it, good or bad.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525936)
Posted by Lackadaisical on October 25th, 2013 @ 2:33pm CDT
So perhaps somebody already told this, but OP body looks a lot like TF Prime Megatron's ones. 2 me at least.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525938)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2013 @ 2:46pm CDT
njb902 wrote:

My response isn't to simply the "I don't like it" reactions, but to the "This is the final model? It looks terrible!" reactions.

People are free to like it or hate it, but they need to realize that this is far from what the finished model is gonna be like before they jump the gun and crucify an unfinished design (as is typically the case).
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525939)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 25th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
Gotta admit, I like him better w/o the chest windows. It gives him an actual chest now. Also, I'm seeing design element from Barricade in BB's head. And the chest face is just menacing.

Certainly hope he actually talks in this movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525941)
Posted by sdn1337 on October 25th, 2013 @ 2:54pm CDT
I'm digging Prime's design. If there was a little more red on his chest and shoulders I'd have no complaints. Bee looks a lot more badass which is a plus. But I hope Grimlock isn't just a dinosaur!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525945)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:05pm CDT
ShardFenix wrote:
Seeing these stills has just put me right back to square one.

That new Prime straight up SUCKS ASS!! What a horrid looking POS!!
NO...NO... HELL NO! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

Such butthurt its astounding.

Not really. It doesn't take much at my age and after all, it is only one persons opinion. Honestly, I'm surprised anyone paid attention to my mad, half delusional ranting at all.
Honestly though, I really did express myself just a wee bit too harshly in that post. It's one of the side effects of being a member on here for too long. You feel passionately about something for so long, express yourself in any state of normalcy and you get blown off, pissed on or laughed at but if you go over the top you get attacked as well and it's become far too easy over the years to get pushed over the top on here so it's almost like a "default" setting now. Not an excuse, just an explanation.

Seriously, I used to be sane and normal once, long ago... now I'm just an ***hole. But then, you probably already figured that one out.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525947)
Posted by grimlocktimuspr1me1 on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:06pm CDT
I don't know why people are upset, i swear some just live to be miserable. Prime looks BADASS, like a butt kicking, menacing warrior! I CAN'T WAIT for the movie, and LOVED the first one, the second was meeeh, and I like Dark of the Moon alot. Fanboys need to calm down and realize this is a movie about giant, robotic, sentient, robots fighting a war.... :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525949)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:09pm CDT
Grimlock reminds me of this guy:

Full Size
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Autobot Renders (1525955)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 25th, 2013 @ 3:17pm CDT
Actually, I'm more troubled by Bumblebee's look. I just don't like it. It looks like they tried to replicate the Prime design in reality and it just doesn't work.

As for Optimus...that's a LOT of blue. O_o ...a lot.

He feels like a random, 1980's, G1 background Cybertronian design. (Yeah, you guys see it, too.) ILM's going to have to REALLY cheat the transformation this time. You can't see anything except the wheel fenders on his ankles, that's it.

I will give that crapfest of a figure one thing...it has more red on it.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Parts 1987 APEFACE gun weapon headmaster - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 16 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1987 APEFACE wing shield weapon headmaster - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 16 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers 2008 Crossovers Marvel: Spider-Man (Black costume) *figure only - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 33 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers G1 Parts 1987 HARDHEAD gun weapon headmaster - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 3 minutes 51 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS MOVIE 4 AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT DRIFT ACTION FIGURES TOY - Time Remaining: 8 days 13 hours 50 minutes 52 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Adventure TAV-24 Fracture Micronshooter Set - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 22 minutes 33 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Unite Warriors UW-08 COMPUTRON Autobot Combiner figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 24 minutes 31 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Adventure TAV-27 Drift Micronshooter Set RID - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 24 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory