Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Friday, August 29th, 2014 3:27AM CDT

Categories: Media, Movie News, Store News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,257

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

For those of you waiting for Transformers: Age of Extinction to be able to view from your own home, Blu-Ray.com have updated their site with a clip from Paramount Pictures on the creation of the Dinobots, teasing the release of the disc on 30th September. In addition, they've rounded up most of the variant releases of the movie exclusive to different retailers, and we've mirrored both clip and pictures below - check them out!

Paramount Home Media Distribution has sent us a new clip from a behind-the-scenes featurette which will appear on its upcoming Blu-ray release of Transformers: Age of Extinction. The release will be available for purchase on September 30th.

Paramount Home Video Distribution has also sent us packshots of all the different versions of the Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-ray which are being sold at various retail outlets (there are 9 in total, standard release included).

The Transformers: Age of Extinction four-disc Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack and three-disc Blu-ray Combo Pack feature more than three hours of illuminating bonus content. From selecting fierce new cars and designing new TRANSFORMERS characters to constructing elaborately detailed sets, this comprehensive footage truly takes viewers inside the fun, hard work and excitement of making an electrifying global blockbuster film.

The spectacular Combo Packs also include an in-depth interview with Michael Bay about his approach to the film's jaw-dropping action sequences, a crash course on the "Bayhem" of being on set for the massive, global production, a revealing look at the design process inside Hasbro Headquarters, and more. Plus there's even more than meets the eye with the hilarious TRANSFORMERS KREON trailer where KREON figures take you through all of the blockbuster TRANSFORMERS movies. In addition, the Combo Packs include a brand new Angry Bird TRANSFORMERS trailer where birds and pigs turn into Autobots and Deceptihogs, creating havoc on Piggy Island. The Blu-ray 3D includes expanded images as seen in IMAX theaters.




Amazon.com
Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Walmart.com
Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Toys'R'Us
Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Best Buy
Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Walmart
Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip

Target
Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip
Credit(s): Blu-Ray.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602643)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on August 29th, 2014 @ 6:52am CDT
well at least this one has something extra about it...
DOTM didn,t have a single bonus!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602644)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on August 29th, 2014 @ 6:54am CDT
I'm torn on which version to get. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602645)
Posted by Burn on August 29th, 2014 @ 7:07am CDT
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:I'm torn on which version to get. :HEADHURTS:


So get them all, it's what a "true" fan would do. :wink:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602647)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 7:21am CDT
Deathscythetransform wrote:well at least this one has something extra about it...
DOTM didn,t have a single bonus!
The Blu-Ray set did. Several bonuses.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602656)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on August 29th, 2014 @ 8:07am CDT
Burn wrote:
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:I'm torn on which version to get. :HEADHURTS:


So get them all, it's what a "true" fan would do. :wink:

:P :-B :P Apparently.lol
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602658)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 8:13am CDT
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:
Burn wrote:
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:I'm torn on which version to get. :HEADHURTS:


So get them all, it's what a "true" fan would do. :wink:

:P :-B :P Apparently.lol
In other words, it's what no one does. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602695)
Posted by RhA on August 29th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:
Burn wrote:
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:I'm torn on which version to get. :HEADHURTS:


So get them all, it's what a "true" fan would do. :wink:

:P :-B :P Apparently.lol
In other words, it's what no one does. :lol:

True fans buy it on vinyl.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602696)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 12:39pm CDT
RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:
Burn wrote:
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:I'm torn on which version to get. :HEADHURTS:


So get them all, it's what a "true" fan would do. :wink:

:P :-B :P Apparently.lol
In other words, it's what no one does. :lol:

True fans buy it on vinyl.
Betamax, my friend. Betamax is where it's at.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602697)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 29th, 2014 @ 1:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:
Burn wrote:
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:I'm torn on which version to get. :HEADHURTS:


So get them all, it's what a "true" fan would do. :wink:

:P :-B :P Apparently.lol
In other words, it's what no one does. :lol:

True fans buy it on vinyl.
Betamax, my friend. Betamax is where it's at.


cant go wrong with laser disc, and dont forget to pick up the sound track on a 8-track tape
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602700)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on August 29th, 2014 @ 1:49pm CDT
Image

I ordered the soundtrack on Reel,yo. 8-}
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602702)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 1:52pm CDT
I just kidnapped Steve Jablonsky and his music makers to play the score for me. No need for any devices when I got the people themselves. :twisted: :P
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602708)
Posted by TulioDude on August 29th, 2014 @ 3:12pm CDT
All of these version are looking good.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602722)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 29th, 2014 @ 5:03pm CDT
OH MAN I CANT WAIT NOT TO GET THESE PILES OF COW FECES!!!!!


God your all morons for putting money into bays pockets

:HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602732)
Posted by SlyTF1 on August 29th, 2014 @ 6:02pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:OH MAN I CANT WAIT NOT TO GET THESE PILES OF COW FECES!!!!!


God your all morons for putting money into bays pockets

:HEADHURTS:


I'll gladly give Bay my money. And just for that, I'm going to buy every version TWICE, just to spite you.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602737)
Posted by RhA on August 29th, 2014 @ 6:52pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:OH MAN I CANT WAIT NOT TO GET THESE PILES OF COW FECES!!!!!


God your all morons for putting money into bays pockets

:HEADHURTS:

We should date.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602745)
Posted by chivesbot20 on August 29th, 2014 @ 9:04pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:OH MAN I CANT WAIT NOT TO GET THESE PILES OF COW FECES!!!!!


God your all morons for putting money into bays pockets

:HEADHURTS:

I wouldn't post that. New guys shouldn't make comments like that on here already. :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :evil:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602750)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 29th, 2014 @ 9:22pm CDT
u think i care about what u Bay losers think.......i might be new here but ive been collecting for 15 years.......

to SlyTF1, im sure theres other things u would like to give to bay.......and im not talking cash.

U bayhards think hes made the best TF movies ever, will be in a state of shock one day soon when some one who actually knows the TF Lore makes a good tf movie, then u all will be like damn, thats how it shoulda been done.........then u will look at all your crappy movie toys and dvds and cry gently in the night lololol
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602757)
Posted by SlyTF1 on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:12pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:u think i care about what u Bay losers think.......i might be new here but ive been collecting for 15 years.......

to SlyTF1, im sure theres other things u would like to give to bay.......and im not talking cash.

U bayhards think hes made the best TF movies ever, will be in a state of shock one day soon when some one who actually knows the TF Lore makes a good tf movie, then u all will be like damn, thats how it shoulda been done.........then u will look at all your crappy movie toys and dvds and cry gently in the night lololol


I'd also like to give him a medal for giving me something to live for.

And the writer of the last 2 movies IS a Transformers fan. So, your argument is invalid. The way a TF movie "should," be done, the budget for it doesn't even exist. So, for right now, Bay's the best we can expect.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602759)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 11:11pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:I'd also like to give him a medal for giving me something to live for.
Seriously, dude, seek help.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602765)
Posted by Burn on August 30th, 2014 @ 1:19am CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:u think i care about what u Bay losers think.......i might be new here but ive been collecting for 15 years.......

to SlyTF1, im sure theres other things u would like to give to bay.......and im not talking cash.

U bayhards think hes made the best TF movies ever, will be in a state of shock one day soon when some one who actually knows the TF Lore makes a good tf movie, then u all will be like damn, thats how it shoulda been done.........then u will look at all your crappy movie toys and dvds and cry gently in the night lololol


I don't care how long you've been collecting. Your attitude is NOT appreciated.

Tone it down, and be a little more respectful to those whose opinions differ from yours.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602799)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 30th, 2014 @ 8:53am CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:u think i care about what u Bay losers think.......i might be new here but ive been collecting for 15 years.......

to SlyTF1, im sure theres other things u would like to give to bay.......and im not talking cash.

U bayhards think hes made the best TF movies ever, will be in a state of shock one day soon when some one who actually knows the TF Lore makes a good tf movie, then u all will be like damn, thats how it shoulda been done.........then u will look at all your crappy movie toys and dvds and cry gently in the night lololol

Now we know your personality. If you're new, you should present yourself positively so you can feel welcome to the members of this site. After all, this is a site where everyone feels welcome. What you're doing is what I consider trolling, and this site does not tolerate trolling. Tell him Cyber Bishop!

You are very (and I mean very) lucky that a moderator didn't suspend or ban, but warned you for such comments. So this may be your second chance. I suggest using it wisely. It's what Optimus Primal would do.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602800)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2014 @ 9:02am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:It's what Optimus Primal would do.
Pretty sure he likes G1 above all, so using a Beast Wars reference might not be as effective.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602801)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 30th, 2014 @ 9:03am CDT
Just pointing out that if it were not for the Michael Bay movies, I would NEVER have started collecting Transformers. When the film was announced back in early 2007, This got me exited. So, I downloaded some Japanese TF series, Galxy Force (Cybertron) and I watched the whole thing. I loved it so much that I ordered a Galaxy Force leader Optimus Prime on Ebay (brand new, 60$ shipped). I transformed is once or twice and then, put him on display. I never bought any other TF until 2009, after seeing Revenge of the Fallen. I bought a ROTF Human Alliance Bumblebee (40$). I remember being nervous and feeling guilty about buying a 40$ toy. I kept it sealed for months.

Then, when 2010 came around, I had the idea of making a Optimus Prime collection. So I got on a spending frenzy on Ebay to get every single Optimus Prime molds ever. However, I also loved Starscream. So, I bought Starscream as well. I never liked Starscream's Movie design until I bought the HFTD Leader toy on sale (40$) in winther 2010-11. I found out how wrong I was and fell in love with the mold. Then, little by little, I started buying other Movie figs, Generations, and so on and so forth.

The rest is History.

So, even if my wallet hates you, my heart THANK YOU Michael Bay! Without you, I wouldnt be here today. :michaelbay:

...

Also, I bet I'm not alone in this situation. Also, I'm pretty sure a whole generations of fans came to the TF fandom just because of the bay movies. That very basic fact cause me to have no respect for any bay haters who think Transformers should be Classic and that's it. It's a nearshightness that I find repulsive and ridiculous, especially when the Bay hater consider him to be a Great Satan or something.

I don't know if Bay saved the TF brand or not. One thing is sure though, is that he helped it a lot. Deal with it, crazed fanboy.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602803)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 30th, 2014 @ 9:12am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:It's what Optimus Primal would do.
Pretty sure he likes G1 above all, so using a Beast Wars reference might not be as effective.

:-x
I was just being random. At least I didn't say Megatron.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602809)
Posted by Burn on August 30th, 2014 @ 9:32am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:u think i care about what u Bay losers think.......i might be new here but ive been collecting for 15 years.......

to SlyTF1, im sure theres other things u would like to give to bay.......and im not talking cash.

U bayhards think hes made the best TF movies ever, will be in a state of shock one day soon when some one who actually knows the TF Lore makes a good tf movie, then u all will be like damn, thats how it shoulda been done.........then u will look at all your crappy movie toys and dvds and cry gently in the night lololol

Now we know your personality. If you're new, you should present yourself positively so you can feel welcome to the members of this site. After all, this is a site where everyone feels welcome. What you're doing is what I consider trolling, and this site does not tolerate trolling. Tell him Cyber Bishop!

You are very (and I mean very) lucky that a didn't moderator suspend or ban, but warned you for such comments. So this may be your second chance. I suggest using it wisely. It's what Optimus Primal would do.


Please stop, I dealt with the matter. All you're doing is fanning the flames.

And I REALLY need to emphasise that we are not going to ban some outright. We try not to ban people, let alone issue warnings.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602816)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on August 30th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Deathscythetransform wrote:well at least this one has something extra about it...
DOTM didn,t have a single bonus!
The Blu-Ray set did. Several bonuses.



Funny, I got the bluray version the day dotm was released and I checked them all out: no bonuses for me :(
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602818)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2014 @ 10:09am CDT
Deathscythetransform wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Deathscythetransform wrote:well at least this one has something extra about it...
DOTM didn,t have a single bonus!
The Blu-Ray set did. Several bonuses.



Funny, I got the bluray version the day dotm was released and I checked them all out: no bonuses for me :(
This is the one I have and it contains a disc full of features:

Image

DISC 3 BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Above and Beyond: Exploring Dark of the Moon
  • Uncharted Territory: NASA's Future Then and Now
  • Deconstructing Chicago: Multi-Angle Sequences
  • The Art of Cybertron
  • And More!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602853)
Posted by chivesbot20 on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:42am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Just pointing out that if it were not for the Michael Bay movies, I would NEVER have started collecting Transformers. When the film was announced back in early 2007, This got me exited. So, I downloaded some Japanese TF series, Galxy Force (Cybertron) and I watched the whole thing. I loved it so much that I ordered a Galaxy Force leader Optimus Prime on Ebay (brand new, 60$ shipped). I transformed is once or twice and then, put him on display. I never bought any other TF until 2009, after seeing Revenge of the Fallen. I bought a ROTF Human Alliance Bumblebee (40$). I remember being nervous and feeling guilty about buying a 40$ toy. I kept it sealed for months.

Then, when 2010 came around, I had the idea of making a Optimus Prime collection. So I got on a spending frenzy on Ebay to get every single Optimus Prime molds ever. However, I also loved Starscream. So, I bought Starscream as well. I never liked Starscream's Movie design until I bought the HFTD Leader toy on sale (40$) in winther 2010-11. I found out how wrong I was and fell in love with the mold. Then, little by little, I started buying other Movie figs, Generations, and so on and so forth.

The rest is History.

So, even if my wallet hates you, my heart THANK YOU Michael Bay! Without you, I wouldnt be here today. :michaelbay:

...

Also, I bet I'm not alone in this situation. Also, I'm pretty sure a whole generations of fans came to the TF fandom just because of the bay movies. That very basic fact cause me to have no respect for any bay haters who think Transformers should be Classic and that's it. It's a nearshightness that I find repulsive and ridiculous, especially when the Bay hater consider him to be a Great Satan or something.

I don't know if Bay saved the TF brand or not. One thing is sure though, is that he helped it a lot. Deal with it, crazed fanboy.


Without Michael Bay I wouldn't be here :michaelbay: and Mr autobot =; =;
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602854)
Posted by chivesbot20 on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:42am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Just pointing out that if it were not for the Michael Bay movies, I would NEVER have started collecting Transformers. When the film was announced back in early 2007, This got me exited. So, I downloaded some Japanese TF series, Galxy Force (Cybertron) and I watched the whole thing. I loved it so much that I ordered a Galaxy Force leader Optimus Prime on Ebay (brand new, 60$ shipped). I transformed is once or twice and then, put him on display. I never bought any other TF until 2009, after seeing Revenge of the Fallen. I bought a ROTF Human Alliance Bumblebee (40$). I remember being nervous and feeling guilty about buying a 40$ toy. I kept it sealed for months.

Then, when 2010 came around, I had the idea of making a Optimus Prime collection. So I got on a spending frenzy on Ebay to get every single Optimus Prime molds ever. However, I also loved Starscream. So, I bought Starscream as well. I never liked Starscream's Movie design until I bought the HFTD Leader toy on sale (40$) in winther 2010-11. I found out how wrong I was and fell in love with the mold. Then, little by little, I started buying other Movie figs, Generations, and so on and so forth.

The rest is History.

So, even if my wallet hates you, my heart THANK YOU Michael Bay! Without you, I wouldnt be here today. :michaelbay:

...

Also, I bet I'm not alone in this situation. Also, I'm pretty sure a whole generations of fans came to the TF fandom just because of the bay movies. That very basic fact cause me to have no respect for any bay haters who think Transformers should be Classic and that's it. It's a nearshightness that I find repulsive and ridiculous, especially when the Bay hater consider him to be a Great Satan or something.

I don't know if Bay saved the TF brand or not. One thing is sure though, is that he helped it a lot. Deal with it, crazed fanboy.


Without Michael Bay I wouldn't be here :michaelbay: and Mr autobot =; =;
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602879)
Posted by Blast Cannon on August 30th, 2014 @ 1:39pm CDT
Well this thread has made a turn towards entertaining over the past page or so. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602932)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 30th, 2014 @ 4:02pm CDT
Different subject. Does anybody want to know why the CG in all 4 Transformers movies look terrible?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602953)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 30th, 2014 @ 5:39pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Different subject. Does anybody want to know why the CG in all 4 Transformers movies look terrible?

Because they're not? I can only speak for the first three films but the CGI is pretty good in my opinion. I hope your not trying to start something either :x
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602970)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2014 @ 6:55pm CDT
I just noticed that we're at 55 pages and I've been contributing to this thread despite having still not yet given my full thoughts about the movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602973)
Posted by Burn on August 30th, 2014 @ 7:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I just noticed that we're at 55 pages and I've been contributing to this thread despite having still not yet given my full thoughts about the movie.


I find this post incredibly insightful. >:oP
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602976)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2014 @ 7:10pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I just noticed that we're at 55 pages and I've been contributing to this thread despite having still not yet given my full thoughts about the movie.


I find this post incredibly insightful. >:oP
I still plan to, though. Blasted reality keeps getting in the way.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602978)
Posted by Burn on August 30th, 2014 @ 7:17pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I just noticed that we're at 55 pages and I've been contributing to this thread despite having still not yet given my full thoughts about the movie.


I find this post incredibly insightful. >:oP
I still plan to, though. Blasted reality keeps getting in the way.

Kill it with fire.

Michael Bay style!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1602996)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 30th, 2014 @ 7:53pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Different subject. Does anybody want to know why the CG in all 4 Transformers movies look terrible?

Because they're not? I can only speak for the first three films but the CGI is pretty good in my opinion. I hope your not trying to start something either :x


If you have watched the four Transformers movies (Transformers [2007] may be an exception because it's not as noticeable) the Transformers, especially Optimus Prime and Bumblebee look like crumpled trash cans. In my opinion, the first movie had the best CGI because the Autobots' vehicle parts in their robot modes look like they are made of actual metal. But in the end of DOTM, Optimus appears as if he has been rendered poorly. Another problem is the fact that Bumblebee transforms into a damaged robot mode, but a shiny, spotless vehicle mode. And another problem is that the designs for the Transformers are too much. Basic robot mode designs should be used because technology has not advanced to the point where highly designed CGI looks realistic in a real environments. So if the Transformers had basic robot designs, less detail, more vehicle parts, realistic lighting, and metallic looking vehicle parts in robot mode, the movies would have won an Oscar for Best Visual Effects.

Just think about it. :-?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603002)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 30th, 2014 @ 7:59pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Another problem is the fact that Bumblebee transforms into a damaged robot mode, but a shiny, spotless vehicle mode.
That was already addressed years ago.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603028)
Posted by SlyTF1 on August 30th, 2014 @ 9:42pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Different subject. Does anybody want to know why the CG in all 4 Transformers movies look terrible?

Because they're not? I can only speak for the first three films but the CGI is pretty good in my opinion. I hope your not trying to start something either :x


If you have watched the four Transformers movies (Transformers [2007] may be an exception because it's not as noticeable) the Transformers, especially Optimus Prime and Bumblebee look like crumpled trash cans. In my opinion, the first movie had the best CGI because the Autobots' vehicle parts in their robot modes look like they are made of actual metal. But in the end of DOTM, Optimus appears as if he has been rendered poorly. Another problem is the fact that Bumblebee transforms into a damaged robot mode, but a shiny, spotless vehicle mode. And another problem is that the designs for the Transformers are too much. Basic robot mode designs should be used because technology has not advanced to the point where highly designed CGI looks realistic in a real environments. So if the Transformers had basic robot designs, less detail, more vehicle parts, realistic lighting, and metallic looking vehicle parts in robot mode, the movies would have won an Oscar for Best Visual Effects.

Just think about it. :-?


Simple is boring. And they look realistic as all hell to me.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603042)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 30th, 2014 @ 11:07pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Simple is boring. And they look realistic as hell to me.

Did you misread my post?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603056)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 31st, 2014 @ 12:37am CDT
I'll just point out the things that may already have been said. So, allow me to do it 4chan style, without the trash talk.

>When there's too much action on screen, you cant tell who is who.
>The con's in AoE transformation is lazy as hell and a cheap cop-out.
>No vehicle parts on some bots in AoE. Really?


That's all I can think of.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603080)
Posted by Blast Cannon on August 31st, 2014 @ 5:51am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Simple is boring. And they look realistic as hell to me.

Did you misread my post?


He's a little simple himself. You'll have to excuse him.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603084)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 31st, 2014 @ 6:53am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Different subject. Does anybody want to know why the CG in all 4 Transformers movies look terrible?

Because they're not? I can only speak for the first three films but the CGI is pretty good in my opinion. I hope your not trying to start something either :x


If you have watched the four Transformers movies (Transformers [2007] may be an exception because it's not as noticeable) the Transformers, especially Optimus Prime and Bumblebee look like crumpled trash cans. In my opinion, the first movie had the best CGI because the Autobots' vehicle parts in their robot modes look like they are made of actual metal. But in the end of DOTM, Optimus appears as if he has been rendered poorly. Another problem is the fact that Bumblebee transforms into a damaged robot mode, but a shiny, spotless vehicle mode. And another problem is that the designs for the Transformers are too much. Basic robot mode designs should be used because technology has not advanced to the point where highly designed CGI looks realistic in a real environments. So if the Transformers had basic robot designs, less detail, more vehicle parts, realistic lighting, and metallic looking vehicle parts in robot mode, the movies would have won an Oscar for Best Visual Effects.

Just think about it. :-?

We'll have to agree to disagree here, the first two films CGI was really good. DOTM I only saw once and never desire to see again. Plus some of your comments here sound like they should be directed at the designers rather then the people doing the effects. I also never found it hard to keep track of what was going on, but everyone is different with this.

Also I'm of the opinion that the simple boxy g1 designs would not of worked. Had they gone that route that the film would of looked like something on the sy-fy channel. Plus they wanted designs that would get every body interested, the movie was never made solely for fans.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603092)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on August 31st, 2014 @ 7:53am CDT
I like most of the movie designs. I think they look very alien and advanced to me. I was able to tell who was who. I did miss some of the car parts on the Autobots in AOE,but I liked the human faces on Hound,Crosshairs,and Drift. Is there an explanation as to why Drift and Lockdown have green eyes? I had assumed lockdown's were green because he wasn't on either side,but I'm not sure about Drift.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603097)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 31st, 2014 @ 8:19am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Also I'm of the opinion that the simple boxy g1 designs would not of worked.

I wasn't thinking about boxy G1 designs, I meant the same amount of designs as the Transformers in Transformers: Prime, but live-action. Know what I'm saying or not?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603112)
Posted by chivesbot20 on August 31st, 2014 @ 10:48am CDT
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:I like most of the movie designs. I think they look very alien and advanced to me. I was able to tell who was who. I did miss some of the car parts on the Autobots in AOE,but I liked the human faces on Hound,Crosshairs,and Drift. Is there an explanation as to why Drift and Lockdown have green eyes? I had assumed lockdown's were green because he wasn't on either side,but I'm not sure about Drift.


I like all of there designs regardless of what most say. But what got me about the toyline for AOE is that they could sell traces in fifteen different colors. I don't like how most of the toyline is for a 3 year old :sad: But the traces part am i right :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603115)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 31st, 2014 @ 11:10am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Also I'm They would alsoof the opinion that the simple boxy g1 designs would not of worked.

I wasn't thinking about boxy G1 designs, I meant the same amount of designs as the Transformers in Transformers: Prime, but live-action. Know what I'm saying or not?

They wouldn't have worked either not in live action. Remember the film had a target audience, it's a tricky thing to get right. Again, remember it's just your opinion that the designs and then their rendering was rubbish. Others are happy with things we got :)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603118)
Posted by chivesbot20 on August 31st, 2014 @ 11:52am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Also I'm They would alsoof the opinion that the simple boxy g1 designs would not of worked.

I wasn't thinking about boxy G1 designs, I meant the same amount of designs as the Transformers in Transformers: Prime, but live-action. Know what I'm saying or not?

They wouldn't have worked either not in live action. Remember the film had a target audience, it's a tricky thing to get right. Again, remember it's just your opinion that the designs and then their rendering was rubbish. Others are happy with things we got :)


Its all about opinion :D and Zero wolf why don't you like DOTM
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603122)
Posted by chivesbot20 on August 31st, 2014 @ 12:04pm CDT
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/d/d ... ptimus.jpg

That render of Optimus to me looks horrible. That's I scene ( one of the only ones) that I thought was pretty fake looking. I thought that AOE had the best effects and graphic special effects work . Especially Optimus in the Yeager's shed thing.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-Ray Exclusives, Creating the Dinobots Clip (1603123)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 31st, 2014 @ 12:04pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Also I'm They would also of the opinion that the simple boxy g1 designs would not of worked.

I wasn't thinking about boxy G1 designs, I meant the same amount of designs as the Transformers in Transformers: Prime, but live-action. Know what I'm saying or not?

They wouldn't have worked either not in live action. Remember the film had a target audience, it's a tricky thing to get right. Again, remember it's just your opinion that the designs and then their rendering was rubbish. Others are happy with things we got :)

I can picture the designs and graphics in my head, but it's very hard to explain. To be more clear:

Something like this, but CGI and much more complex design. The best I can explain it.

Click here to view an additional 436 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014