Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail

Monday, May 5th, 2014 9:18PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,682

Reports have been coming in for a while now, but Seibertron member reluctantyouth was kind enough to drop by with some photographic evidence that the Transformers: Age of Extinction mainline has started popping up at retail. Pictured below is Deluxe wave one, which consists of Crosshairs, High Octane Bumblebee, Scorn, and Slug. Keep in mind the official street date for these figures is May 17th, you may encounter issues actually purchasing them. Good luck, and happy hunting!

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): reluctantyouth
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571579)
Posted by It Is Him on May 5th, 2014 @ 9:45pm CDT
Where were they found and what was the price?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571582)
Posted by Drift082111 on May 5th, 2014 @ 10:22pm CDT
Love to know where these were sighted if anyone knows.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571585)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on May 5th, 2014 @ 11:00pm CDT
I see a platinum edition box in the bottom left corner so this was Toys R Us.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571586)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 5th, 2014 @ 11:06pm CDT
One SE Michigan TRU just put this case and those Sparker things (OP on Grim, and Drift on Slug) out on Monday, but I was broke so I didn't think to scan them, because I thought the street date was May 1st instead of the 17th. The price tag on the shelf was $14.99 for the deluxes.

Don't want to say more until I double-check availability tomorrow.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571591)
Posted by El Duque on May 5th, 2014 @ 11:31pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571592)
Posted by El Duque on May 5th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
Hot on the heels of the earlier Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe retail sighting, we now have a report of the Leader class figures showing up as well. Instagram user andydbodine found Optimus Prime and Grimlock a Target in San Diego County. Again, the actual brick and mortar street date for these figures isn't until May 17th, they may not ring up properly during check out.

andydbodine wrote:#TransformersAOE toy sighting at Target in San Diego County. Leader class and also the non transforming figures of Optimus and Grimlock #OptimusPrime #Grimlock #GenerationsLeaderClass #TransformersAgeOfExtinction #2014Toys #Transformers #LeaderClass @theraginnation @autobotography

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571593)
Posted by s1ck3nd on May 5th, 2014 @ 11:44pm CDT
My TrU is NEVER that stocked!! :sad:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571598)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:35am CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571604)
Posted by TimothyR on May 6th, 2014 @ 3:34am CDT
hey.. those dinobot toys don't match the renderings on their cards.. oh hasbro.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571612)
Posted by dragons on May 6th, 2014 @ 6:04am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:that picture has to be fake cause no TRU is ever that well stocked. now that i think of it thats probably why the AoE stuff was put out, the TF section was empty as usual and some new guy actually did their job.

Actually it has to do few things at toysrus and other retail store I work at retail store and every frozen toy always gets sold out we can't keep them on self, depends how early you get there, how many cases they have on truck to show up on shipment, and how popular they sell with kids right now frozen is popular with girls at toysrus toys not movie, and I forgot to mention some people buy some there collectors, sell on ebay, birthday partys, unlike Walmart with some people get there's early toys rus obeys rules Walmart care less Walmart could or already could have got fined for selling there transformer age of extiction figures before release date suppose to be out on box as stated
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571613)
Posted by It Is Him on May 6th, 2014 @ 6:06am CDT
El Duque wrote:I've asked the user about the location and price, but haven't heard back from him yet. Will update when we get the info, or maybe he'll just post it here in the topic.

Thanks.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571623)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 6th, 2014 @ 8:02am CDT
Walmart has the pegs for these things ready to go.

$15 for a deluxe. $25 for a voyager. This should be no load on your wallet if you are accustom to any other form of HIGHWAY ROBBERY.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571632)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 6th, 2014 @ 8:51am CDT
El Duque wrote: Seibertron member reluctantyouth was kind enough to drop by with some photographic evidence that the Transformers: Age of Extinction mainline has started popping up at retail.

What about my photographic evidence from a couple pages back? ;)

I'm mostly kidding since trying to pay for the ones pictured in mine actually got the product pulled from the shelves...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571648)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 6th, 2014 @ 11:09am CDT
Morning,

My picture of the deluxes posted in this forum is not faked!! This was taken on Saturday May 3rd, 2014 at a very very old Toys R Us located in East Moline, Illinois. There was one box of AOE deluxes and one box of Dino Sparkers on the pegs. There was an excess of everything else in the store. You have to remember this is the midwest and we get the leftover crap from either coast most of the time. I'm sorry to say there are fewer Transformer enthusiasts in my area as well. I see a lot of Hotwheels guys and Mcfarlane guys, but only a couple of real Transformer Fans. This store is so outdated that the front has not been changed. The front still looks like Toys R Us when I was 8 years old and I'm 33 now. The Dino Sparkers were $9.99 and the Deluxes were $14.99. Here is a portion of the email I sent to El Duque this morning about how I was unable to purchase them thanks to a manager doing his job!

"Morning,

Sorry for late reply. I jumped the gun with email. I was in the process of checking out and cashier had just put in price manually when manager walked by. I wasn't able to get figures and they were pulled out of aisle. This was the Toys R Us in East Moline, Illinois. The deluxes would have been $14.99 each. Man are they tiny! I'll just have to wait for launch..."

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571652)
Posted by william-james88 on May 6th, 2014 @ 11:18am CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:Morning,

My picture of the deluxes posted in this forum is not faked!! This was taken on Saturday May 3rd, 2014 at a very very old Toys R Us located in East Moline, Illinois. There was one box of AOE deluxes and one box of Dino Sparkers on the pegs. There was an excess of everything else in the store. You have to remember this is the midwest and we get the leftover crap from either coast most of the time. I'm sorry to say there are fewer Transformer enthusiasts in my area as well. I see a lot of Hotwheels guys and Mcfarlane guys, but only a couple of reall Transformer Fans. This store is so outdated that the front has not been changed. The front still looks like Toys R Us when I was 8 years old and I'm 33 now. The Dino Sparkers were $9.99 and the Deluxes were $14.99. Here is a portion of the email I sent to El Duque this morning about how I was unable to purchase them thanks to a manager doing his job!

"Morning,

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:

Why did you feel the need to write an e-mail?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571653)
Posted by reluctantyouth on May 6th, 2014 @ 11:21am CDT
Because I had originally sent email to news@seibertron.com and El Duque emailed me back last night. I just visited the site now so I combined my post with part of the email. I'm just covering all bases.

~reluctantyouth~
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571659)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 6th, 2014 @ 11:37am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Why did you feel the need to write an e-mail?

Even though we have a News and Rumors thread, shooting us an email at news@seibertron.com will alert us much more quickly of any potential piece of news. You may either send us a personal email or use the Seibertron.com Contact Form, selecting the "News and Rumors" topic in order to reach the News Crew. ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571704)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:38pm CDT
The official Transformers Facebook page has revealed a whole set of previously unseen Transformers: Age of Extiction smaller toys. Well. We say unseen, but in fact, most of these new characters are repaints of pre-existing molds, spanning from Beast Wars to Energon to the 2007 live action movie and Transformers: Prime and Beast Hunters! The sets include: Bumblebee vs. Decepticon Stinger with Strafe Set, with Bumblebee being a repaint of 2007 Legends Class Bumblebee, and Stinger a repaint of Legion Class Prime Knock-Out; Legion class and Scout class Optimus Prime and Grimlock, repaints of the Revenge of the Fallen Legends Optimus Prime and Energon Doomlock; Legion class Grimlock, a repaint of Legion Beast Hunters Rippersnapper; Legion class and Scout class Dinobot Slug and Stinger, a repaint of Beast Wars Neo Guiledart and Prime Knock Out; Legion class and Scout class Strafe and Bumblebee, featuring a blue Beast Wars Terrorsaur and the 2007 Legends Bumblebee. These will apparently be figures exclusive to Wal*Mart - will you be hunting them down? Let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571706)
Posted by ScottyP on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:41pm CDT
This right here is why Movie years rule. All kinds of awesome, out of left field product. Also, so much for all the Beast Wars basics molds being destroyed. Wonder what else is out there and still useable?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Deluxe Wave 1 Sighted at Retail (1571708)
Posted by Mkall on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:45pm CDT
LOL more figures for my Beast Wars collection! I love it!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem