Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 3:50PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,925

Amazon has just listed their first Transformers: Age of Extinction exclusive! Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime features healthy amounts of chrome and is priced at $59.99 with a February 4th release date. Just around the corner.

Check out the official images below:

Transformers Movie 4 Optimus Prime Action Figure, First Edition

Product Details
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
Product Dimensions: 4 x 9.5 x 12 inches
Shipping Weight: 6.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
Origin: China
ASIN: B00EPDJYKU
Item model number: A6519
Manufacturer recommended age: 5 years and up

Product Description
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
From the Manufacturer
Transformers Movie 4 Platinum Edition Optimus Prime [Amazon Exclusive]. Brand new Optimus Prime as seen in the new Transformers 4 Movie.

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Platinum Edition Optimus Prime Exclusive

Credit(s): Amazon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544097)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:01pm CST
60 dollars?!!!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544098)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:03pm CST
Nice backpack there Prime.

Sadly, does nothing for me.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544099)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:04pm CST
Well, it's not awful! It looks a lot less bitty than the other movie Primes, and fits a lot better with the Transformers Prime aesthetic than the other movie toys. I do especially like the multiple exhaust pipes and the sword-and-shield warrior look. It'd definitely stand out on my Prime shelf, but all the shiny and the blue makes it look more like Magnus to me. Could be good!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544100)
Posted by njb902 on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:05pm CST
I like the new packaging.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544104)
Posted by paul053 on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:18pm CST
First edition!?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544105)
Posted by Mkall on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:20pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544107)
Posted by zatara1701 on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:33pm CST

Sounds like the Dino's have different Class designations within the ranks for one reason or another.

Sadly, that little tid-bit interested me more than Prime... He isn't awesome, but he isn't horrible. My one criticism is the chrome is in all the wrong places... How bout on the exhaust pipes NOT his chest...sheesh :BANG_HEAD:

If I can catch him on sale I might pick him up...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544111)
Posted by ILL-Star on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:41pm CST
The figure itself may have looked better if they didn't give it a chrome overload and instead went for a highly accurate deco as they did Buster Prime.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544112)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:45pm CST
That boxart is insanely badass
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544113)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:46pm CST

I too am a sucker for all this Optimus, but $60 is steep, with a little luck it'll be out in stores relatively soon. I do like the other mold we were shown better, though, seems to have less mass in the backpack and a more reasonably-sized crotch plate.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544114)
Posted by TimothyR on January 22nd, 2014 @ 4:46pm CST
i don't want to get this.. i just know that i'm going to.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544118)
Posted by It Is Him on January 22nd, 2014 @ 5:13pm CST
Link to Amazon now dead. Also, if Feb 4 date is true... HOLY COW
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544119)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 22nd, 2014 @ 5:14pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544120)
Posted by It Is Him on January 22nd, 2014 @ 5:18pm CST
Mkall wrote:Kids will enjoy this figure, collectors will not. Why Hasbro is attempting to woo collectors with this is beyond me.

Simple does not necessarily equal bad, in my eyes. Nearly all of G1 had simple transformations, and I lap that up like a dog at an overturned ice cream tanker, or something.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544124)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 22nd, 2014 @ 5:35pm CST
I, uh... I'm not sure what to think.

I mean, he looks cool, it's just... I dunno, something just bugs me. I'm guessing the previous in-hand images showing off his kibbly hind-quarters turned me off. I'm perfectly happy with my Revenge of the Fallen Leader Optimus, but if they're willing to make a Galvatron at the same price point, I'll give the pair some consideration.

zatara1701 wrote:Check out the Dinobot "blueprints behind the pic of Prime on the package... "Grimlock Class 01 Destroyer," is printed in the upper left... Interesting. :-?

Yeah, we've known that for a while now.

Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:FWIW, I estimated the size of this fig at about 10.5in to the top of his head. I did this by blowing up the image until the handle on his sword was 5mm across, then measured the resulting height. Def feels like Leader class.

Neato. So he's looks pretty hefty. What gets me is the thin look on his arms.

SW's SilverHammer wrote:

That about sums up my reaction. Personally, I'm more anxious about Generations than I am Age of Extinction.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544125)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on January 22nd, 2014 @ 5:43pm CST
I hate this with a passion. :-x :-x :-x

I mean... the ROTF toy was a little bit challenging, but his looks kicked some serious ass (and was 95 % screen accurate, which is what I want from my transformers figures.

this ''thing'' there, isn,t even acceptable as screen accurate. the back pack is stupid, ugly and unnecessary, the head makes him look constipated and the dominant blue color screams Ultra Magnus all over it.

if you really want to make toys simpler for younger children, okay, but do not give THIS to the adult collectors, for crying out loud!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544126)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on January 22nd, 2014 @ 5:48pm CST
I wonder if it can still stand up without the leg kibble. If that's the case maybe you can take off all the kibble and have both a truck and the figure on the same shelf together like with Big Convoy and his mammoth beast mode.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544133)
Posted by padfoo on January 22nd, 2014 @ 6:09pm CST
Not bad looking, but I am not interested.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544135)
Posted by Spleenzorio on January 22nd, 2014 @ 6:11pm CST
Dat box art tho.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction First Edition Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive Pre-Order (1544139)
Posted by El Duque on January 22nd, 2014 @ 6:21pm CST
Just so you guys know, this is the more complex collector aimed Optimus Prime figure for TF:AOE.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Soundwave DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 53 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Thrust DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 39 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Ransack Scout Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 54 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen   Dirt Boss Scout Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 55 minutes 7 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DOTM CYBERVERSE COMMANDER CLASS DARK SENTINEL PRIME - Time Remaining: 14 days 10 hours 57 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers DOTM Cyberverse Commander Optimus Prime w Blades + Blaster - Time Remaining: 14 days 13 hours 43 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Movie ROTF Legends Class Swerve Red Corvette - Time Remaining: 13 days 9 hours 58 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction One-Step Changer Stinger & Lockdown "Used" - Time Remaining: 14 days 21 hours 43 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory