Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version

Friday, May 2nd, 2014 12:17AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,375

Courtesy of YouTube's Kraina Bajki we now have the English version of the Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime. We've embedded the commercial below:

Credit(s): Kraina Bajki

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570667)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on May 2nd, 2014 @ 1:18am CDT
...Roll out? Really, did they forget how things with legs move?
Still nice for a toy commercial though, if you don't count the whole "legs do not equal wheels thing."*

*I'm being sarcastic here. Sort of. It is a really bad line...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570701)
Posted by KnightAero on May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:00am CDT
Some how couple days ago I was able to add Optimus to my cart. Which it then threw it into a "Save it for later."
Today I was able to add it back to my cart and checkout with it... (Page for the item is 404ing... But the product was still able to be in my cart...)

Says I should have him May 14th. There is no way Leader Class is $26! So huge steal on that...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570718)
Posted by Spleenzorio on May 2nd, 2014 @ 6:53am CDT
I took a trip to Walmart yesterday and I saw this.

I asked one of the kind folks who work there and they said they won't be on the shelf until May 17. However since about two weeks ago this tag has been on the actual shelf, not on a peg.

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570774)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2014 @ 10:24am CDT
If that wasn't Peter Cullen, it's a darn good impression of him.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570817)
Posted by Caelus on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:15pm CDT
So, $16.50 for deluxes at Walmart? I suppose I shouldn't be shocked, but somehow actually seeing the tag drives it home.

As much as I love Dinobots, I may have to wait for a sale. I suffer from that horrible condition of being old enough to remember how much I paid for characters like Inferno and Transmetal Megatron during Beast Wars...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570818)
Posted by Spleenzorio on May 2nd, 2014 @ 12:16pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570847)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 2nd, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
Amazon has these with a May 11th street date which is a Sunday and Mother's Day. That makes sense since with Prime 2 day shipping you would get them on Tuesday the 13th official roll out day.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570865)
Posted by william-james88 on May 2nd, 2014 @ 3:17pm CDT
MutantDinosaur wrote:Hey folks!

I also found AoE figures at my local Kmart today! I picked up Voyager Grimlock, and Deluxe Scorn, Slug, Strafe, and Crosshairs.

MutantDinosaur

I am surprised they didnt have Bumblebee.
For anyone interested that is near the Montreal (Canada) area, some AoE toys have been available for close to a month now at specialty toy store "Toys on Fire" (you will only find them in store, not on their website). They have the 2 voyagers along with deluxe Slug, Scorn, Crosshairs and Bumblebee.

Along with your confirmation of many of the same characters I would guess that this pretty much makes up the first wave of toys we will get in May. They dont have Strafe but he was under a different code in your store so I do not know if he counts as being part of the same wave.

I guess that means that Hound, Drift, Slash and the Decepticons wont be issued till later. But I can be wrong of course.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570874)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 2nd, 2014 @ 3:35pm CDT
I'm so thankful that this answers my question. However, the Polish commercial is better than the English. ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570877)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 2nd, 2014 @ 3:38pm CDT
Spleenzorio wrote:

$16.90?! You gotta be kidding me! :BANG_HEAD:

I had hoped this day would never come...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570878)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2014 @ 3:39pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:$16.90?! You gotta be kidding me! :BANG_HEAD:

I had hoped this day would never come...
Spleenzorio wrote:Forgot to meantion I'm in Canada, so the above prices will probably be lower in USA.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570880)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 2nd, 2014 @ 3:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:$16.90?! You gotta be kidding me! :BANG_HEAD:

I had hoped this day would never come...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand hope in humanity restored. Be still, rapidly-beating heart of my wallet.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570881)
Posted by ScottyP on May 2nd, 2014 @ 3:42pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

$16.90?! You gotta be kidding me! :BANG_HEAD:

I had hoped this day would never come...

That's Canadian.

Also, weren't Prime RiD Deluxes almost $18 at launch? Or was that $15.99? Anyway, we've seen the day of overpriced deluxes, and it sucked.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570901)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 2nd, 2014 @ 4:56pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:$16.90?! You gotta be kidding me! :BANG_HEAD:

I had hoped this day would never come...

16.90 Canadian = 15.40 American
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570925)
Posted by william-james88 on May 2nd, 2014 @ 5:27pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:

It depends where you went. Some could even be found for 16.99
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570976)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 2nd, 2014 @ 10:27pm CDT
I love how everyone is freaking out about the Deluxes costing that much, but that's the normal Canadian price.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1570988)
Posted by It Is Him on May 2nd, 2014 @ 11:17pm CDT
If you guys who are upset over the price increase, wait for a sale. We should definitely see some before Christmas
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1571013)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 3rd, 2014 @ 1:53am CDT
May 1st, May 14th, May 17th, Cyber Monday... All of these dates and all but the 17th seem to be in limbo. When the heck IS this AoE Cyber Monday we were promised? And will it still be Amazon getting first dibs, or has all of that changed?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1571152)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 3rd, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
Just checked Amazon, the date moved to Monday the 12th or I read it wrong in the first place. More importantly most of the items are now listed as no longer available, either they were pulled or something else happened. FYI check prices as they've got a few of the one step figures listed as Used since some of the packaging may be damaged.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock and One Step Optimus Prime Commercial English Version (1571345)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 5th, 2014 @ 12:23am CDT
Transformers Colombia, a Facebook fan page, has provided the first official in and out of package images of the upcoming Constructbots Dinofire Grimlock, courtesy of group member Felipe León Nájera.

This set was mentioned in a press release during Toy Fair back in February. Here's the product information from that release:

[quote]TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION CONSTRUCT-BOTS DINOFIRE GRIMLOCK
(Ages: 7 & up /Approx. Retail Price: $39.99/Available: August 2014)
Construct, change and customize the ultimate DINOBOT warrior with this huge, 10-inch tall electronic version of the breakout character from the new film TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION! Kids can build GRIMLOCK and convert him from robot to dino-mode and back without taking him apart. Plus, GRIMLOCK unleashes his fire breath in dino-mode with electronic light-up jaws and 3 rapid fire projectiles! Armor up for battle with two additional rapid-fire cannons and an epic battle sword. All of the parts for TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT-BOTS DINOFIRE GRIMLOCK can be interchanged with parts from any other TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT-BOTS action figure, so kids can create the ultimate DINOBOT action figure! Also comes with a DINOBOT RIDERS-scale OPTIMUS PRIME figure that can ride GRIMLOCK in dino-mode, and which also features customizable parts that work across all TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT-BOTS sets![/quote]

We've mirrored the images below:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Dark of the Moon Robo Power Bash Bots Starscream vs Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 6 days 54 minutes 31 seconds
Perfect Effect PC-11 COMPUTRON BETATRON UPGRADE COMBINER WARS Transformers - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 10 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers 1985 G1 Constructicons - DEVASTATOR -Near Complete,acc on sprues - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 56 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Generation One Autobot Ultra Magnus in Box Mib - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 32 minutes 1 second
Transformers titanium The Fallen, Thundercracker. Lot of 2 - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 48 minutes 9 seconds
BLITZWING Transformers G1 complete + box + more vtg Triplechanger Hasbro 1985 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 18 minutes 35 seconds
SDCC COMIC CON 2016 HASBRO GI G.I. JOE TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER SET SCARLET ZARTAN - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 48 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generation One Decepticon Thrust Complete in Box Mib #2 - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 37 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed