Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set

Saturday, April 26th, 2014 6:05PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,688

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy once more of the Transformers Colombia Facebook fan page, we get a look at another Kre-O building set from the upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction movie line - and it's time for Kreon Optimus Prime riding what looks like to be a mini-Grimlock! Check out the package image of the set, called Dinobot Ride, below.

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set
Credit(s): Transformers Colombia
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569054)
Posted by Seibertron on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:22pm CDT
I bet that Optimus is a mini-Kreon.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569055)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:24pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I bet that Optimus is a mini-Kreon.


It is. The torso shape and arms are the giveaway.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569060)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
Neat! I wonder how they intend to release it, and if they'll make the other Dinobots + Autobots in similar fashion.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569066)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 26th, 2014 @ 6:55pm CDT
Optimus's eyes are saying "Buy Me! Buy Me!." :D I'll get him so he can be a part of my Kre-O collection if he's at the Toys "R" Us near me.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569073)
Posted by mattj972 on April 26th, 2014 @ 7:21pm CDT
Price? I've wanted him for a long time. Acid Storm too.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569093)
Posted by Madeus Prime on April 26th, 2014 @ 8:23pm CDT
Oh goodness, that is by far the most adorable set yet!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569135)
Posted by Dagon on April 26th, 2014 @ 11:25pm CDT
That's too cute!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569165)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 27th, 2014 @ 1:20am CDT
Dangit, since I was already more excited about the Construct-bots than the 'real' AofE toys, this thing is too tempting! I can already see this Op and Grim taking on Dr. Mayhem's mech; though I bought all the Cityville stuff on sale/clearance, I still want to not get sucked into TF Kreo, but this looks cooler than most of the Kreons.

The only thing that might stop me is Grimlock's face. It's as good as possible on such a small scale, but their attempt at giving him a toothy grin makes it look like he's taking a giant aspirin. Maybe they're actually that tiny in fiction, and trying to help Runaway Ralph?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569181)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 27th, 2014 @ 4:12am CDT
That's pretty cool.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569241)
Posted by william-james88 on April 27th, 2014 @ 10:05am CDT
Will all the deluxe, voyager and leader class toys be released in May? And do we know when exactly?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569300)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2014 @ 1:15pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Will all the deluxe, voyager and leader class toys be released in May? And do we know when exactly?


The first of Age of Extinction's products are scheduled to release midnight, 17 May.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569408)
Posted by Stumpybot on April 27th, 2014 @ 8:40pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Will all the deluxe, voyager and leader class toys be released in May? And do we know when exactly?


The first of Age of Extinction's products are scheduled to release midnight, 17 May.


Argos in the UK are due to start selling them May 12th (going by the countdown on their site that says 14 days). Theres no confirmation which they are selling though
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569462)
Posted by Va'al on April 28th, 2014 @ 4:24am CDT
We have our first Transformers: Age of Extinction TV toys commercial! As expected, the focus is on the simpler figures for now, showing off the play value of One-Step Optimus Prime and Flip and Change Grimlock in a live-action setting (which looks like an archaeological excavation site) mixed with CGI characters (mainly the two robots). Not as expected, this particular clip is in Polish, and hails from the MegaDyskont store channel - but still fairly understandable to non-Polish speakers, really. Check it out below!

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569472)
Posted by Wageboo on April 28th, 2014 @ 5:24am CDT
Somehow, this may or may not give us spoilers...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569495)
Posted by Bluespindash97 on April 28th, 2014 @ 8:15am CDT
I wonder if this will be a free promotional set like Lego give away? If not this will be the biggest impulse buy ever!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569504)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2014 @ 9:08am CDT
I don't care if that CGI is vastly inferior to the CGI of the movie, looking more like the level of CGI used in Super Sentai/Power Rangers, Kamen Rider, Dinozaurs, etc. That whole commercial sequence with Optimus and Grimlock with the kid is AWESOME!!!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569535)
Posted by Rated X on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:26am CDT
That grimlock has to be the most re tarded transformation ever. You split the tail, and spin him like pinwheel. Seriously ? I said it before and ill say it again, we dont need dumber toys, we need smarter kids.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569538)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:31am CDT
Rated X wrote:That grimlock has to be the most re tarded transformation ever. You split the tail, and spin him like pinwheel. Seriously ? I said it before and ill say it again, we dont need dumber toys, we need smarter kids.
It's not about the smarts, it's about the fun. Lots of people back at Toy Fair (all adults) who were demonstrating and trying out that Grimlock toy's transformation were having a ball with it.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569544)
Posted by craggy on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
Smack Yourself In The Face Grimlock
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569548)
Posted by Rated X on April 28th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:That grimlock has to be the most re tarded transformation ever. You split the tail, and spin him like pinwheel. Seriously ? I said it before and ill say it again, we dont need dumber toys, we need smarter kids.
It's not about the smarts, it's about the fun. Lots of people back at Toy Fair (all adults) who were demonstrating and trying out that Grimlock toy's transformation were having a ball with it.

Im not debating that giving grimlock a spin might be amusing (kind of like the staples "that was easy" button) But my issue is where hasbro is going with this. For every transformer that ends up in a collectors hands, 10 more will end up in a garage sale, thrift shop, or garbage can before Michael bays 5th movie even hits theaters. Hasbro knows this. So little by little we are seeing the dumbing down of figures to save money. In other words, hasbro is done attempting to make highly prized figures that kids will cherish for years. Hasbro is catering to cheap parents who want to buy cheap junk that kids will surely outgrow.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569549)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:02am CDT
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:That grimlock has to be the most re tarded transformation ever. You split the tail, and spin him like pinwheel. Seriously ? I said it before and ill say it again, we dont need dumber toys, we need smarter kids.
It's not about the smarts, it's about the fun. Lots of people back at Toy Fair (all adults) who were demonstrating and trying out that Grimlock toy's transformation were having a ball with it.

Im not debating that giving grimlock a spin might be amusing (kind of like the staples "that was easy" button) But my issue is where hasbro is going with this. For every transformer that ends up in a collectors hands, 10 more will end up in a garage sale, thrift shop, or garbage can before Michael bays 5th movie even hits theaters. Hasbro knows this. So little by little we are seeing the dumbing down of figures to save money. In other words, hasbro is done attempting to make highly prized figures that kids will cherish for years. Hasbro is catering to cheap parents who want to buy cheap junk that kids will surely outgrow.
You never know. There might be a number of kids out there who are sentimental enough to want to keep their simple toys forever.

I mean, look at me. I'm an adult who just recently bought a set of 10 Happy Meal toys from 1996 (two of which are for children under Age 3) off of eBay. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569550)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:05am CDT
Rated X wrote:In other words, hasbro is done attempting to make highly prized figures that kids will cherish for years. Hasbro is catering to cheap parents who want to buy cheap junk that kids will surely outgrow.


As is the fate of most toys. Go watch Toy Story 3. :)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569552)
Posted by Va'al on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:08am CDT
Rated X wrote:That grimlock has to be the most re tarded transformation ever. You split the tail, and spin him like pinwheel. Seriously ? I said it before and ill say it again, we dont need dumber toys, we need smarter kids.


Please avoid using the R word. Thank you.

http://www.r-word.org/r-word-effects-of-the-word.aspx
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569556)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
I'm not really crazy about the sheer number of and emphasis being put on simplistic toys (how many Grimlocks do we need?), but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to try some of them out.


JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rated X wrote:In other words, hasbro is done attempting to make highly prized figures that kids will cherish for years. Hasbro is catering to cheap parents who want to buy cheap junk that kids will surely outgrow.


As is the fate of most toys. Go watch Toy Story 3. :)

Getting of topic, but... I'm disappointed Toy Story never did an encounter with "cheap" versions of the main characters. If you've ever tried looking for a "real" Buzz Lightyear toy (with the wings and laser and everything) you'll know there's a billion inferior versions.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569558)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:21am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:I'm not really crazy about the sheer number of and emphasis being put on simplistic toys (how many Grimlocks do we need?), but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to try some of them out.
I bet Grimlock toys are to this movie what Bumblebee toys were to the last three. :P

Noideaforaname wrote:Getting of topic, but... I'm disappointed Toy Story never did an encounter with "cheap" versions of the main characters. If you've ever tried looking for a "real" Buzz Lightyear toy (with the wings and laser and everything) you'll know there's a billion inferior versions.
There was that one Toy Story short that had them meeting a fast food children's meal Buzz Lightyear toy, which was very simiplistic in design.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569563)
Posted by bezsen on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:35am CDT
First ever AoE toys comercial is in Poland?!?! Wow! we have been awarded :grin:
Toys are crappy but comercial looks cool.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569565)
Posted by Rated X on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:47am CDT
Va'al wrote:
Rated X wrote:That grimlock has to be the most re tarded transformation ever. You split the tail, and spin him like pinwheel. Seriously ? I said it before and ill say it again, we dont need dumber toys, we need smarter kids.


Please avoid using the R word. Thank you.

http://www.r-word.org/r-word-effects-of-the-word.aspx

Sorry. I didnt know this was a sensitive issue on here. Lately theres been alot of cussing going on in other forums, so I thought anything short of the f word was allowed. Ill refrain from using that word here. Didnt mean to offend anyone.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569577)
Posted by Actar on April 28th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
I don't konw... personally, I find the spinning transformation to be rather ingenious and fun to watch.

Rated X wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Rated X wrote:That grimlock has to be the most re tarded transformation ever. You split the tail, and spin him like pinwheel. Seriously ? I said it before and ill say it again, we dont need dumber toys, we need smarter kids.


Please avoid using the R word. Thank you.

http://www.r-word.org/r-word-effects-of-the-word.aspx

Sorry. I didnt know this was a sensitive issue on here. Lately theres been alot of cussing going on in other forums, so I thought anything short of the f word was allowed. Ill refrain from using that word here. Didnt mean to offend anyone.


Okay, usually I don't get involved in ideological or political arguments, but controlling one's speech and word use is a pet peeve of mine.

Please look at the context of how words are used rather than the words themselves. In the original comment, he isn't using the word to scold, dehumanize, stigmatize or discriminate anyone. If I replace the so-called "r-word" with "stupid", "inane", "vacuous" or "asinine" when making fun of someone with an intellectual disability, will that make things better? Of course not. The intent to hurt is still there.

The word is not the issue, context, intent and how the words are used is. Just like that whole Ban Bossy fiasco, banning a word will not solve anything. If the ill intent is there, there will be new words to replace it eventually and the message will still get across. We should strive to change people's attitudes and behavior, not word use.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569579)
Posted by Va'al on April 28th, 2014 @ 12:28pm CDT
I am not controlling, I politely asked. Rated X politely accepted.

If you want to continue this discussion, please do so via PM. :)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569632)
Posted by Zeek99g on April 28th, 2014 @ 3:40pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Rated X wrote:That grimlock has to be the most re tarded transformation ever. You split the tail, and spin him like pinwheel. Seriously ? I said it before and ill say it again, we dont need dumber toys, we need smarter kids.


Please avoid using the R word. Thank you.

http://www.r-word.org/r-word-effects-of-the-word.aspx

Sorry. I didnt know this was a sensitive issue on here. Lately theres been alot of cussing going on in other forums, so I thought anything short of the f word was allowed. Ill refrain from using that word here. Didnt mean to offend anyone.


The moderators are slacking off a little, or life is getting in the way. Moderators shouldn't have lives, they should be totally devoted to Seibertron.com
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569640)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 28th, 2014 @ 3:58pm CDT
Was this commercial dubbed? Or will there be a different commercial focusing on the AOE Generations toys?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569653)
Posted by Cyborgraptor on April 28th, 2014 @ 4:24pm CDT
I like to beleive that when Optimus jumped on Grimlock, he said "First try!"
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569661)
Posted by TimothyR on April 28th, 2014 @ 5:03pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
TimothyR wrote:yay.. more crap to keep the pegs nice and toasty warm.


Sigh...

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, let's make AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlllll the toys adult-oriented expensive collectors items. This way, no childs will ever get into Transformers and make good memories of it.
Then, when you wonder why the Transformers line is dead and cancelled because of lack of sales, don't come crying back.

Image


no.. how bout just make items that sell.. these mashers DON'T SELL.. and i didn't need something stupid like a transformer that spun to transform to get hooked into transformers.. G1 and beast wars did that for me.

these toys are meant to grab a kids attention.. but it'll end up being the toy that the kid gets tired playing with after a week and moves onto the next franchise.. a good memory is figure something out for the first time and getting that sense of accomplishment that makes you want to try it again and again.. not something that spins and instantly changes.. like i said, that is something that'll be fun for a week but end up in a toy box or lost somewhere.

none of the toys i kept from when i was a kid did anything like this. i didn't need to push a button to have something transform automatically.

i fear how this brand will look in thirty more years if this stuff starts overtaking the deluxes, voyagers, and leaders.

i thought the fast action battlers were great for kids.. they weren't tiny like cyberverse figures, they weren't too difficult like their main line counterparts and they looked half way decent. but again, i'm sure those didn't sell well enough to continue them.

also.. as of now there has only been one thing that has been mean't to get the collector excited and that was the garbage first edition prime.. otherwise, this entire line is full of simple transformations, tons of kibble, and HORRIBLE PAINT/COLOR CHOICES. i mean, look how awful both of the leaders turned out. i doubt many collectors are going to pick those up after the initial hype. and at $45 with zero gimmicks i sure as hell don't think parents are going to be buying many for their kids.

in the previous lines the leaders have usually been the one thing that the collector is more likely to purchase.. but with the looks of the leaders for this line, i don't think it'll be the case.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569674)
Posted by Superwheeljack on April 28th, 2014 @ 6:55pm CDT
OH MY GOD…. MY EYES!!!
WHAT IS THIS SHIT?
Oh yeah, the Transforming shit that is ripping off the Transformers.

As one poster already mentioned, that Grimlock is the most retarded piece of shit I have ever seen. :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :evil:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569714)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:02pm CDT
Speaking of questionable language, at about 11 sec, when the kid transforms Grimlock into dino mode, it sounds like the announcer says, "shit-ka". Could someone who understands Polish please tell me what that actually means so I stop hearing it in my head whenever I see this Twirl-lock toy transform?

Oh, and yes, I love this commercial even more than the trailers we've gotten so far. Takes me back to the summer of '93, when I was actually spending as much money on Jurassic Park toys as G2...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569717)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 28th, 2014 @ 11:07pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Oh, and yes, I love this commercial even more than the trailers we've gotten so far. Takes me back to the summer of '93, when I was actually spending as much money on Jurassic Park toys as G2...
Speaking of G2, it reminds me of those G2 toy commercials from back in the early 90s that had CGI TFs mixed in with live action settings. Gotta love it. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569821)
Posted by Superwheeljack on April 29th, 2014 @ 10:46am CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:OH MY GOD…. MY EYES!!!
WHAT IS THIS SHIT?
Oh yeah, the Transforming shit that is ripping off the Transformers.

As one poster already mentioned, that Grimlock is the most ****** piece of shit I have ever seen. :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :evil:


I understand when I joined the site I had to agree to some guidelines, such as not using hate speech. However, when you start censoring my language, or controlling it, I get pissed. If you have an issue with the word, don't say it. Let other people do their own thing. You don't have to like it, but you shouldn't censor the "r" word. I understand some people can get offended by it, but that doesn't mean you can limit it. Just don't say it. If you take action and censor the word, people are more prone to keep on doing it. For example, I heard more people are eating fast food than in 2009 when the government didn't limit fast food. Now in 2014 when we have limits and regulations on fast food places to offer fruit and stuff, people still eat what is considered to be "junk food".
So please mods, "Don't tread on me."
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569824)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 29th, 2014 @ 11:11am CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:I understand when I joined the site I had to agree to some guidelines, such as not using hate speech. However, when you start censoring my language, or controlling it, I get pissed. If you have an issue with the word, don't say it. Let other people do their own thing. You don't have to like it, but you shouldn't censor the "r" word. I understand some people can get offended by it, but that doesn't mean you can limit it. Just don't say it. If you take action and censor the word, people are more prone to keep on doing it. For example, I heard more people are eating fast food than in 2009 when the government didn't limit fast food. Now in 2014 when we have limits and regulations on fast food places to offer fruit and stuff, people still eat what is considered to be "junk food".
So please mods, "Don't tread on me."


You'll get a better result by taking the mods up in PM, no need for the rest of us to enjoy banter. Just realize that 1) you'd possibly be indirectly insulting others who actually enjoy that kind of toy, and 2) some of us who have a mental handicap (I have Autism myself) take such a word rather personally.

Now, back on topic:

Sabrblade wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:Oh, and yes, I love this commercial even more than the trailers we've gotten so far. Takes me back to the summer of '93, when I was actually spending as much money on Jurassic Park toys as G2...
Speaking of G2, it reminds me of those G2 toy commercials from back in the early 90s that had CGI TFs mixed in with live action settings. Gotta love it. :lol:


Don't forget the rap! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569867)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2014 @ 1:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
You'll get a better result by taking the mods up in PM, no need for the rest of us to enjoy banter. Just realize that 1) you'd possibly be indirectly insulting others who actually enjoy that kind of toy, and 2) some of us who have a mental handicap (I have Autism myself) take such a word rather personally.



Both excellent points. Although I would never associate autism to the "r" word, I do see its derogatory implications. And I do not understand any fuss made over a toy when you still have the more adult option available. That kind of drivs me crazy. It's like being angry that kid comics exist, or those playschool toys of spider-man you can bathe with, that doesnt make any sense.

And especially in an age when they keep releasing Masterpiece figures which are more complex than anything we had when we were younger (although I did find Magnaboss and Tripedicus hard), I really dont see simpler figures being an indication that we are reverting back to that time. Its just more options and a fun way for small kids to join in on the fun. Young collectors will one day be older collectors and hopefulyl that will mean a sustainable market for more advanced transformers.

Also, I have fun story for you. I just started collecting transformers in my adult life. I had some from when I was younger but I lost a few accessories along the way. A personal add showed me that there was a whole collection of Unicron trilogy toys (47 of them from Hardtop scout to Unicron supreme) on sale at a low price. The boy selling them had outgrown them and preffered having the money to buy himself a newer PS4 game. When I arrived to pick up the collection I was impressed at how many of them were perfectly intact with their minicons, keys, missiles and energon weapons (about 75% of them had nothing missing). As it turns out, the boy who is now 18 is authistic and probably due to that (as his mother told me), he took great care of his transformers. He found it important as a child to keep them all intact with all their proper pieces. I had found that really interesting.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569887)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569892)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:15pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569899)
Posted by Va'al on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:40pm CDT
Fellow Seibertron.com users mooncake623 and GuyIncognito have spotted two new pre-orders on online retailer Amazon.com, related to the upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction movie: Leader class Optimus Prime and Grimlock! And in even more interesting news, both figures are priced at $25.67 and $26.18 respectively - now's your chance to try reserving these chrome filled figures, just click below.

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569900)
Posted by craggy on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:43pm CDT
pre-orders :???: ...I'm not sure I'd worry about them selling out.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569902)
Posted by ishigoto on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:47pm CDT
"$25.00" That's a typo, right? I'm sure they meant to say "$45.00"
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569903)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:48pm CDT
craggy wrote:pre-orders :???: ...I'm not sure I'd worry about them selling out.


Perhaps not, but $26 each is a good deal, assuming they're going to cost more at regular retail.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569908)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT
Thats a great deal. AlthoughI preffer the voyager Grimlock. With prices like that for eladers, I wonder if the voyagers will be even cheaper :-?

And can anyone tell me how this optimus differs from the first edition optimus that came out before. They look the same
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569910)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:10pm CDT
Shocked they're so cheap... Might buy one just to mess around with...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569912)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Fellow Seibertron.com users mooncake623 and GuyIncognito have spotted two new pre-orders on online retailer Amazon.com, related to the upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction movie: Leader class Optimus Prime and Grimlock! And in even more interesting news, both figures are priced at $25.67 and $26.18 respectively - now's your chance to try reserving these chrome filled figures, just click below.


Ok, so we now know that they both change in 18 steps, making Scourge still the most complex figure with 19 steps and he is simply a deluxe. This lets us know that the bigger the figure does not add to the complexity this time as well (too bad). Does anyone know how many steps are involved with the voyager transformations?


Edit

The voyager classes also change in 18 steps. So Scourge is officially the most complex figure documented so far. Too bad.

Although I will say taht I find it cool that the grimlocks have entirely different transformations. Do you guys preffer the tail being used as his legs or as a weapon?

And which version do you preffer overall?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569915)
Posted by reluctantyouth on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:23pm CDT
Grrrrr...Curse you Amazon!!!!!!! :-x

I was soooo going to avoid ordering any AOE figures. [-( I bet Amazon has ordered so many of these that it makes sense to offer them discounted. I ordered to avoid a price increase. I had a $10.00 credit on one of my cards so with Prime and without tax (lovely living in Illinois for that)my total was $41.15. I ordered both Prime and Grimlock. I know the chrome will wear for sure. These just might stay in the box until I'm really really bored next winter. I cannot pass up a good deal when there is one. I do wonder though why the First Edition AOE Prime is still $59.99 :-?

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Kreon Optimus Prime and Grimlock Bagged Set (1569918)
Posted by TimothyR on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:28pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Thats a great deal. AlthoughI preffer the voyager Grimlock. With prices like that for eladers, I wonder if the voyagers will be even cheaper :-?

And can anyone tell me how this optimus differs from the first edition optimus that came out before. They look the same


do a quick search for a photo of the first edition.. then put it side by side with the photo in this story.. and bam.. you'll immediately see the differences.

Click here to view an additional 2404 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014