Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders

Tuesday, April 29th, 2014 2:41PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 30,397

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Amazon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569900)
Posted by craggy on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:43pm CDT
pre-orders :???: ...I'm not sure I'd worry about them selling out.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569902)
Posted by ishigoto on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:47pm CDT
"$25.00" That's a typo, right? I'm sure they meant to say "$45.00"
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569903)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:48pm CDT
craggy wrote:pre-orders :???: ...I'm not sure I'd worry about them selling out.

Perhaps not, but $26 each is a good deal, assuming they're going to cost more at regular retail.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569908)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT

And can anyone tell me how this optimus differs from the first edition optimus that came out before. They look the same
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569910)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:10pm CDT
Shocked they're so cheap... Might buy one just to mess around with...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569912)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Fellow Seibertron.com users mooncake623 and GuyIncognito have spotted two new pre-orders on online retailer Amazon.com, related to the upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction movie: Leader class Optimus Prime and Grimlock! And in even more interesting news, both figures are priced at $25.67 and $26.18 respectively - now's your chance to try reserving these chrome filled figures, just click below.

The voyager classes also change in 18 steps. So Scourge is officially the most complex figure documented so far. Too bad.

Although I will say taht I find it cool that the grimlocks have entirely different transformations. Do you guys preffer the tail being used as his legs or as a weapon?

And which version do you preffer overall?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569915)
Posted by reluctantyouth on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:23pm CDT
Grrrrr...Curse you Amazon!!!!!!! :-x

I was soooo going to avoid ordering any AOE figures. [-( I bet Amazon has ordered so many of these that it makes sense to offer them discounted. I ordered to avoid a price increase. I had a $10.00 credit on one of my cards so with Prime and without tax (lovely living in Illinois for that)my total was $41.15. I ordered both Prime and Grimlock. I know the chrome will wear for sure. These just might stay in the box until I'm really really bored next winter. I cannot pass up a good deal when there is one. I do wonder though why the First Edition AOE Prime is still $59.99 :-?

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569918)
Posted by TimothyR on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:28pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Thats a great deal. AlthoughI preffer the voyager Grimlock. With prices like that for eladers, I wonder if the voyagers will be even cheaper :-?

do a quick search for a photo of the first edition.. then put it side by side with the photo in this story.. and bam.. you'll immediately see the differences.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569923)
Posted by It Is Him on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:41pm CDT
Grimlock disappeared from my cart. I was a few seconds too late
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569924)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:42pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:Grimlock disappeared from my cart. I was a few seconds too late

Did he stomp (and chomp) off in a huff?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569929)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:45pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:Grimlock disappeared from my cart. I was a few seconds too late

Yeah, they are now unavailable. Did any of you actually get to purchase them?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569930)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

First Edition:

Regular:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569931)
Posted by Razieon on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Grimlock disappeared from my cart. I was a few seconds too late

Yeah, they are now unavailable. Did any of you actually get to purchase them?

I managed to order Optimus.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569932)
Posted by william-james88 on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:49pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

First Edition:

Regular:

Thanks! I am actually kind of torn as to which one I like better. For the main body sculpt, its obvious that the first edition is superior, just look at his shoulders. But that backpack is HUGE and its a bit better in the leader version. I am actually not that big a fan of either of these. It doesnt seem like they are trying to outdo themselves this time around (unlike with ROTF)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569936)
Posted by reluctantyouth on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:54pm CDT
Grimlock no longer available!!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569937)
Posted by reluctantyouth on April 29th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Razieon wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Grimlock disappeared from my cart. I was a few seconds too late

Yeah, they are now unavailable. Did any of you actually get to purchase them?

I managed to order Optimus.

I did get both Grimlock and Prime...like 10 min ago or so. Grimlock went fast.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569942)
Posted by craggy on April 29th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:Grimlock no longer available!!

heh. maybe I was wrong. :-? or they realised the price was wrong and pulled them :???:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569945)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 29th, 2014 @ 4:31pm CDT
Betcha the Leader Amazon prices were a fawk-up and all the orders will be cancelled. Still a bit less cruel than the 50$ MP-10 mishap a good while back.

BTW, for the newcomers Voyager Grimlock is WAY superior than the leader. All the proportions are just right. So the dino dont look like Longcat and the robot is actually intimidating.
Also, get the Voyager Optimus Prime. It's the G1 truck that change into Movie Prime!

Now guys, please just stop complaining about the simple toys. It's becoming redundant. So far, the deluxes look promising and THE VOYAGERS ARE THE TOYS TO GET FOR US ADULTS.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569955)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 29th, 2014 @ 5:54pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Ok, so we now know that they both change in 18 steps, making Scourge still the most complex figure with 19 steps and he is simply a deluxe. This lets us know that the bigger the figure does not add to the complexity this time as well (too bad). Does anyone know how many steps are involved with the voyager transformations?

Scourge? There's no Scourge in this line.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock Pre-Orders (1569963)
Posted by Zeek99g on April 29th, 2014 @ 6:01pm CDT
That Optimus Prime either was rushed being transformed, or the photographers just don't know how to transform something into vehicle mode. Prime's step by the door is not snapped into place.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers DOTM Dark Nightwatch DA-15 Jetwing Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 48 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Mega SCF Lot Optimus Prime Megatron Starsaber Victory Leo Rodimus - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 49 minutes 1 second
2006 TRANSFORMERS TITANIUM SERIES JET FIRE DIECAST 6" FIGURE w/DISPLAY STAND - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 34 minutes 43 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Bumblebee Deluxe Sealed 2006 - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 35 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Alternators 2008 SDCC Exclusive Ford GT Hot Rod Rodimus MISB STOCK - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 36 minutes 20 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 THROTTLEBOT GOLDBUG LOT 4 (RS) - Time Remaining: 26 days 4 hours 7 minutes 4 seconds
Inferno InComplete Mega Beast Wars Transformers 1997 - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 9 minutes 45 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 MINIBOT GEARS LOT 7 (RS) - Time Remaining: 26 days 1 hour 27 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016