Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed

Tuesday, May 6th, 2014 1:39PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 34,324

The official Transformers Facebook page has revealed a whole set of previously unseen Transformers: Age of Extiction smaller toys. Well. We say unseen, but in fact, most of these new characters are repaints of pre-existing molds, spanning from Beast Wars to Energon to the 2007 live action movie and Transformers: Prime and Beast Hunters! The sets include: Bumblebee vs. Decepticon Stinger with Strafe Set, with Bumblebee being a repaint of 2007 Legends Class Bumblebee, and Stinger a repaint of Legion Class Prime Knock-Out; Legion class and Scout class Optimus Prime and Grimlock, repaints of the Revenge of the Fallen Legends Optimus Prime and Energon Doomlock; Legion class Grimlock, a repaint of Legion Beast Hunters Rippersnapper; Legion class and Scout class Dinobot Slug and Stinger, a repaint of Beast Wars Neo Guiledart and Prime Knock Out; Legion class and Scout class Strafe and Bumblebee, featuring a blue Beast Wars Terrorsaur and the 2007 Legends Bumblebee. These will apparently be figures exclusive to Wal*Mart - will you be hunting them down? Let us know your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571706)
Posted by ScottyP on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:41pm CDT
This right here is why Movie years rule. All kinds of awesome, out of left field product. Also, so much for all the Beast Wars basics molds being destroyed. Wonder what else is out there and still useable?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571708)
Posted by Mkall on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:45pm CDT
LOL more figures for my Beast Wars collection! I love it!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571709)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:46pm CDT
To quote ScottyP from the staff email, "They are waaaay outta left field."

I might get the Beast Era characters just so I can say I own at least one version of those molds. I've no need for Grim/Cruellock, since I already own the original.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571715)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:49pm CDT
HOLY SMOKING COW!!!!!!!

Give me those BW redecos and maybe the Energon Cruellock redeco! NOW!!!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571716)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:50pm CDT
Ok, so in a nutshell:

Bumblebee with Dinobot Strafe: RotF Legends Bumblebee and BW Terrorsaur.
Decepticon Stinger with Dinobot Slug: RotF Legends Sideways and BWNeo Guiledart
Optimus Prime with Grimlock: RotF Legends Optimus Prime and Energon Cruel-Lock
Legion Grimlock: Prime Beast Hunters Predacon Rippersnapper (again?)
Dinobot Strafe with Bumblebee and Decepticon Stinger: AoE Dinobot Strafe, RotF Legion Bumblebee and Prime Legion Knockout.

Good grief, so random... Definitely aiming for the first four sets.

*EDIT* I can't keep those Legion molds apart... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571717)
Posted by Metroplex79 on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:52pm CDT
Va'al wrote:(LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS)

WOW!!!

This movie toyline is more "Generations" than what we got as "Generations".

:lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571718)
Posted by ScottyP on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:52pm CDT

Basically, everyone buy the crap out of the BW mold packs so they'll make more of them :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571719)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:52pm CDT
I'll definitely buy the Slug set cause I want me at least one copy of that Guiledart mold.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571720)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:54pm CDT
Sweet beast wars toys i never got!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571721)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:56pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:You guys - they should totally do Scorn out of BW Dinobot now. That would rock. Actually, give me all the AOE Dinobots as BW era molds. BW Megs as Grimlock? Yes please.

Geniosity, right here. I'd totally be down for a reuse of the Dinobot mold as a separate character, since I already have the Universe (2008) mold.

I'm surprised there aren't any complaints of these being "cheeky, lazy redecoes with jacked up prices". >:oP
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571723)
Posted by ScottyP on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:58pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

Those will come. And I will ignore them. :grin:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571724)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 6th, 2014 @ 1:58pm CDT
Huh.

"Cheeky, lazy redecoes with jacked up prices."

(Happy, MM?)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571726)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 6th, 2014 @ 2:00pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Huh.

"Cheeky, lazy redecoes with jacked up prices."

(Happy, MM?)

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571727)
Posted by TheVenocWarlord on May 6th, 2014 @ 2:01pm CDT
Heck yeah these are awesome!

Getting Terrosaur and Grimlock, since I don't have them. I already have Triceradon, but I may get this version but he looks too purple for me.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571728)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 6th, 2014 @ 2:01pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Huh.

"Cheeky, lazy redecoes with jacked up prices."

(Happy, MM?)

I still got my father-in-law's discount, no problem for me. ;;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571731)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 6th, 2014 @ 2:03pm CDT
That purple Guiledart is a must-buy for me!

The Terrorsaur and Doomlock repaints will probably be mine as well.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571732)
Posted by Optimizzy on May 6th, 2014 @ 2:09pm CDT
Those redecos are about bought. I'd like to see them in stores but that Cruelock redeco is as good as bought.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571735)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 6th, 2014 @ 2:12pm CDT
That's just... what. Like they wanted to do Cyberverse, but didn't want to invest in any new molds so just went with "good enough." I want to hate it on principle (I loved Cyberverse), but the Dinobots are so ludicrous they're awesome.

Though Grimlock out of Rippersnapper makes me sad Divebomb never got released here...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571739)
Posted by craggy on May 6th, 2014 @ 2:25pm CDT
well, I'd rather we'd got Hun-Grr, [strike]Cutthroat[/strike] Windrazor or SinnerTwinStrike instead of another Rippersnapper, but I'm not sure I can avoid getting him with his Irn Bru Chew goodness.

Also a little sad they didn't just give us Killer Punch, but I'm still up for more Purplesaur actions.

This version of the Terrorsaur mold is Thundersaur, which makes Lazorbeak into Terrorwarp, right? Dino Seekers, baby!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Legion and Scout Class Figures Revealed (1571743)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 6th, 2014 @ 2:39pm CDT
Wow. I bet they sell really well. I mean, they didn't even try. They just took a bunch of still functioning molds, slapped some different paint apps on them and thrust their greedy hands forward. Pathetic.

More Christmas closeout fodder.

I will say this, however, it is good for anyone who collected these lines in the past. They can get some new figures for their collections. But no one is going to use them as actual AOE figures. I personally have all of the Prime Cyberverse stuff, so I will pick up "Grimlock" Rippersnapper for my collection just cause. If not for that I wouldn't give them a second glance at retail.

This is actually a benefit of shoehorning old molds in movie years. They did it with ROTF and appear to be going back to it with these. At least I will pick up one AOE figure.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem