Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes

Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 1:38AM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 19,793

Steve Jablonsky's score has been released digitally via iTunes. It only features four pieces of music and has a runtime of 19 minutes, 33 seconds. It's available now at the low price of $2.99 (or $4.00 if purchased individually.)

The cover art, which is a rather small image, has been mirrored below:

Click the image to be taken directly to the ordering link.

According to Steve Jablonsky, himself, this is just a teaser and there's more to come.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... &source=46

Wow, it looks like a lot of you went to see Transformers this weekend :) Thank you so much for all the love and support. I really appreciate all of the messages.

We have prepared a little score teaser, kind of an appetizer while we finalize the album. Keep an eye on iTunes this week, it should be appearing very soon, or as soon as iTunes decides to go live with it :)

Have a great week everyone....

Credit(s): ChrisRiss, viruscarnage
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587074)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 1st, 2014 @ 1:43am CDT
viruscarnage wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:Might be safe to mention that Steve earlier made a post on Facebook saying it's just a teaser album, while the full one is being finalized.

Do you have the link? I can't quote it without proof. Thank you!

I suck at Facebook, so I don't know how to link a post lol. but it's the first post on his page

Thank you, got it. :)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587075)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 1st, 2014 @ 1:46am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

Do you have the link? I can't quote it without proof. Thank you!

Thank you, got it. :)

No problem
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587083)
Posted by LeL on July 1st, 2014 @ 3:34am CDT
Sikorsky Highspeed Attack Helicopter - I guess Bugatti won the toy contract.

Great movie.... hope there is less human action and bot on con footage for the next one :D (I think Bay is finally getting it)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587090)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 1st, 2014 @ 3:38am CDT
Wow way too much posts.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587099)
Posted by Sub-Prime on July 1st, 2014 @ 6:41am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
GallifreyanSeeker wrote:I could talk about the movie for hours. Out of the three Bayverse movies I have seen (RotF, DotM, AoE), this one is my favorite. First of all, on a Transformers movie, the fans' ratings will be more useful than the critics' scores, because lots of what made this movie good was the stuff that only long-time fans would get, such as certain plot elements and character traits.
I liked how AoE was quite a mix of the plot and characters of G1, Animated, and TFP especially. Lockdown was my favorite character and a GREAT addition to the movie. He was so cool! Galvatron was pretty cool, too. Not as cool as he was in G1, but he was Ok. I was so relieved to find out that he was actually going to be, you know, a sentient being after a bit, and I was also happy that Welker voiced him again. Now for the Autobots. I don't have much to say about Crosshairs, Bee or Prime. They were pretty cool, but I will say once again that Bumblebee is possibly the most overrated character in Transformers history. Drift reminded me of Yokitron from Animated, and Hound reminded me of Bulkhead. Oh, yeah. And poor Ratchet! I was disappointed by the Dinobots, though. They got so little screen time and weren't even named, nor did they get any speaking lines! Come on, Bay! They had so much potential!
I liked how we got both Lockdown and the whole cyberforming Earth thing both into the plot, with some suspense. It was a little bit too much of a commercial for the next one, but I'm ready to see TF5 and the Quintessons or whoever appears in TF5. The Dinobots and Galvatron better come back in a good way, too. Did I mention I would happily freak if Cyclonus appeared in the next one? Also, even though this isn't a very Michael Bay thing, I'm just going to introduce the thought of Starscream's Ghost in the next one. Not good, not bad. Just think about that for a minute.
Even though it still has the Bay-like unexplained explosions and somewhat weakly carried out plot, I would still say that overall, this movie was pretty good. It's worth watching. :APPLAUSE:

Why would explosions need to be explained? There are giant alien robots rampaging through the city shooting each other. If that isn't a cause for explosions, I don't know what is.

Thank you! Everybody always jumping on Bay about explosions yet they fail to understand that the Transformers are equipped with "HIGH GRADE WEAPONRY". This isn't a typical war movie folks!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587100)
Posted by Sub-Prime on July 1st, 2014 @ 6:45am CDT
viruscarnage wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who actually really enjoyed seeing Optimus like this. I loved Optimus this movie, he actually showed some emotions.

I feel you brother! Prime is my favorite Transformer and I too appreciate him being more emotionally driven in this movie. Some G1 purist will hate him in this but I don't let G1 define him. G1 is more design for kids!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587102)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 1st, 2014 @ 7:18am CDT
Lockdown's theme is badass. It was stuck in my head all day, yesterday. It's nice to finally be able to listen to it whenever I want.

Nope. This movie solidified movie Optimus as my favorite fictional character of all time.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587105)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 1st, 2014 @ 7:29am CDT
That's the problem I believe, that Prime is a favourite of many, many people, who each have a version of him in their heads. So unless AoE Prime meets those qualities then they will have a problem with it, ignoring the fact that this Prime is Movieverse Prime, just another spec of light in the multiverse of Primes (which also includes shattered glass Prime...Now there's an evil guy).
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587106)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 1st, 2014 @ 7:39am CDT
hope there is a cd this time unlike the last time he let his fans down with dark of the moon.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587108)
Posted by Sub-Prime on July 1st, 2014 @ 7:42am CDT
I think this Prime is the same Prime from the cartoons and comics. The problem is no one has seen Prime pushed to this point ever. The same humans he love wants nothing more than to wipe out his soldiers and himself. It's like people wanted Optimus to remain ultra positive while being hunted by the species he swore to protect. That's illogical!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587111)
Posted by TransBat on July 1st, 2014 @ 8:09am CDT
Just found that this Age of Extinction "Sampler" of 4 songs is also available via Google Play Music (sadly for $1 more at $3.99): https://play.google.com/store/music/alb ... ufkv5k35ci

Not sure if this should be appended to the main post, but figure I'd pass this along for those who might not utilize iTunes for their music collection ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587130)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 1st, 2014 @ 10:33am CDT
I am okay with Prime's reaction in this movie. The humans hunted down and murdered Transformers with no distinction of Autobot or Decepticon.

Kind of reminds me of how pissed off Optimus Prime was in the awesome "Prime Target" when Lord Chumley kidnapped the Autobots and held them captive in those torture contraptions.

Optimus Prime: "You'd better hope I find them before I find you!"

"Unless you can... do better than that... you're finished, Chumley!"

"If that was your best shot, Chumley, you're in d-e-e-p trouble!"

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587131)
Posted by MenaceRX on July 1st, 2014 @ 10:39am CDT
I went to see it last night. I honestly think the issue with the movie is the musical score. It's down right horrible in my opinion. It is kind of empty to me in most aspects. Just seems flat, where key moments should be and the score should build and crescendo it doesnt. The music seems lifeless in my opinion. The music helps to accent the visual narritive and define the moment and I didnt get a lot of that from this movie.

The music isnt horrible but the way the audio was laid to the film score is just bad from my first viewing. Hoping it will be better when I get to see it on Blu-Ray in my home on the home theater.

As for the movie it-self story wise I liked it. There were very somber moments like Ratchet and Leadfoot being hunted and torn to scrap. Optimus goes to a dark place. I liked seeing his darker side, that even as optimistic as Optimus Prime is even he doesnt see the good in people any more. Questioning all that he knows. So that was good to see Optimus gain emotional depth, though it sounded audio wise like Cullen wasnt into this with all his heart like previous movies.

I didnt like the voice of Galvatron, it doesnt sound menacing or like something I would fear at all. Needs to be deeper. I get to evolutional change from Megatron sound to Galvatron but it doesnt fit well in my opinion I hope the character evolves to sound more sinister and darker and deeper in sound for the next movie.

The Dinobots being lifeless personality voids was a let down. Wondering what if any part they will have in the next movie, will they gain personality similar to the ones we love from the comics, cartoons and games. I tried to think of it from the perspective that the dinobots will evolve much like the primitive creatures they base their forms from to a more sophisticated set of bots in the coming movie. Their scale was amazing. I only wish they made them like that on the toy side. Make them ultra class with comparison to voyagers.

I dont remember seeing Drift, Crosshairs, or Hound transform during the movie at all, just one minute they are bot, next a car. That is a key issue for me. Transformers implies they you know transform... needs to be shown. I will say Drift going from bot to chopper was awesome.

Also when did Optimus all of a sudden become able to fly? Without all the tech. Its not like he upgraded during the movie. Just re-shell'd from one truck to another.

Anyway enough of that. Watched it once, not good enough to go back to the theater for another round. In the fall it will drop on disc and I will watch it again then in the house without people up nice and loud. Maybe I will grow to love it more then.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587132)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 1st, 2014 @ 10:49am CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Also when did Optimus all of a sudden become able to fly? Without all the tech. Its not like he upgraded during the movie.

Yeah, he did. When he pulled the sword out in Lockdown's ship, like King Arthur did Excalibur, you could see some changes. We saw his arms and chest change some, so it's reasonable to say his back changed as well, giving him the jetpack.

[quote]Anyway enough of that. Watched it once, not good enough to go back to the theater for another round.[/quote]

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587133)
Posted by MenaceRX on July 1st, 2014 @ 11:08am CDT
I remember that part with the sword and the ship, I didnt notice the rear body upgrades, they paid particular camera attention to the forarms thouhg. So perhaps thats when it happened. Just didnt see how he made the leap from non flight to hey look I can fly now.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587134)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 1st, 2014 @ 11:32am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Maybe you should. That way you could pick up on some of the smaller details you missed. :)[/quote]

See, that's the problem. People expect to just watch the movie once and be able to understand everything upon first viewing. That's why I like these movies. Every time I watch one, I notice things I didn't before. The "replay" value is always astonishing.

When I first watched AOE, I could understand how someone who wasn't paying attention could feel overwhelmed by all that was going on. I understood every bit of the movie, but I could see how someone who doesn't exactly think as fast and isn't as knowledgeable about the TF universe as me could be confused, since the story moves forward at such a high speed. But, when I saw the movie again, it didn't feel overwhelming at all. I could concentrate on what was actually going on, and it was even more amazing, that time. I'm going to see the movie again today and see if I can spot even more things that make the movie even more badass than it was the first 2 times.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587135)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 1st, 2014 @ 11:43am CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587137)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 1st, 2014 @ 11:51am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Although a movie should give all its major points on a first viewing, or at least make you want to watch it again. If people don't get the right information first go round, they probably won't want a second viewing.

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587138)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 1st, 2014 @ 11:51am CDT

Then, why does everyone like movies like Inception? I understood everything the first time I watched that movie, and had no reason to ever watch it again. I just didn't care. Yet, everyone says you need to watch it more than once to understand it.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Music from the Motion Picture) - EP Released Via iTunes (1587156)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 1st, 2014 @ 2:16pm CDT
Anybody else getting a wee bit tired of all the swords and melee weapons? Just me?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering