Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer

Monday, June 16th, 2014 3:57AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News, Media
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 31,184

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Guess what? Yes, another Transformers: Age of Extinction teaser spot trailer clip video! This time, we get a slightly longer look at the Autobot cast from the film, and hear John Goodman's voicing of Sgt Bulk Hound. Check out the embedded clip, courtesy of CBMTrailers, below.

Credit(s): CBMTrailers
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582616)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on June 16th, 2014 @ 4:26am CDT
JOHN GOODMAN

Little cheesy but this was an awesome trailer. Can't wait til this hits theaters
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582620)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 16th, 2014 @ 4:33am CDT
11 days left!!! I can't wait :D
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582624)
Posted by CarWrapKid on June 16th, 2014 @ 5:04am CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:What if the guys behind Lockdown are Sweeps? Wasn't Cyclonus rumored to be in the movie?

As for Cyclonus, common belief is that that was a preliminary/misunderstood name for Galvatron.


Remember the CinemaCon description? There was a jet Transformer that came from Lockdown's ship and scooped Tessa and Optimus with a net. That could be Cyclonus or a possible drone that serves Lockdown. You are going to have to watch the movie to find out.



We dont have to to know Cyclonus is not in the movie


the name was used as a code name for Galvatron during the filming i was there and the only vehicle there that did not have the proper names were the black semi and there is no vehicle that cyclonus could be.


There was art drawn for the character and it was listed on a script on set (IIRC, ALONGSIDE Galvatron), which is where the original rumour/confirmation of the character came from - note that the Wikipedia editors thought it was legit enough to include that, and they refuse to even list characters based off toy sightings. Ofcourse, a lot can change in a year of editing, however I've got my money down that this is Cyclonus, and he transforms into a helicopter of some description.



The guy who in Payoff flips the cars at Bumblebee. I struggle to see Bay giving so much screen time to a fight between Bee and a random vehicon bot with no name, additionally it looks a lot like the art that was leaked for Cyclonus AND it's head design looks very similar to Starscream. I mean IDK guys, but my gut is telling me it is. I live to be proved wrong. :)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582628)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 16th, 2014 @ 6:12am CDT
Well, it's nice to see new footage and it's nice to hear John Goodman's chance to speak. (Probably his only one.)

After seeing all of these commercials and trailers, I've noticed something I didn't catch the first time: It's going to be a rehash of the first film.

Wait...hang on!

"I...am Optimus Prime" *cue introductory montage*
One or more of the bots says something funny to make them endearing.
Bumblebee changes from "old & busted" into "the new hotness".
Giant city battle, once in flashbacks from Chicago, with the current climax in China.
The wow factor, this time coming from the Dinobots, like what happened with Optimus in the first one.
Joshua is Simmons with a new coat of paint.
Now Cade, instead of Sam, is telling Bumblebee "Faster Bee!" (and he's calling him Bee, too!)
The kids in the ball field remind me of the kids in the diner when Ratchet crashes to Earth.

Locations have changed, the villain's changed, character models have changed, but the rest of it strikes me as the first movie all over again. However, I'll be fair... This could be what the first film should've been, and could be a really strong film. I'm keeping an open mind, but I'm not ignoring the common threads here.

There are some positive changes, however:

The humans DO hate the Autobots and this could lead to a strong story.
The scene with Attinger and Cade shows there's at least a slight bit of character development and some serious undertones.
Optimus actually fires AT humans (doesn't kill, but fires at!) and protects the family first, instead of Bumblebee handling that task. (As he usually does.)

If the positives have enough impact, if the story's stronger than it's predecessors, then this could be a fantastic film.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582629)
Posted by Peridot on June 16th, 2014 @ 6:38am CDT
CarWrapKid wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:What if the guys behind Lockdown are Sweeps? Wasn't Cyclonus rumored to be in the movie?

As for Cyclonus, common belief is that that was a preliminary/misunderstood name for Galvatron.


Remember the CinemaCon description? There was a jet Transformer that came from Lockdown's ship and scooped Tessa and Optimus with a net. That could be Cyclonus or a possible drone that serves Lockdown. You are going to have to watch the movie to find out.



We dont have to to know Cyclonus is not in the movie


the name was used as a code name for Galvatron during the filming i was there and the only vehicle there that did not have the proper names were the black semi and there is no vehicle that cyclonus could be.


There was art drawn for the character and it was listed on a script on set (IIRC, ALONGSIDE Galvatron), which is where the original rumour/confirmation of the character came from - note that the Wikipedia editors thought it was legit enough to include that, and they refuse to even list characters based off toy sightings. Ofcourse, a lot can change in a year of editing, however I've got my money down that this is Cyclonus, and he transforms into a helicopter of some description.



The guy who in Payoff flips the cars at Bumblebee. I struggle to see Bay giving so much screen time to a fight between Bee and a random vehicon bot with no name, additionally it looks a lot like the art that was leaked for Cyclonus AND it's head design looks very similar to Starscream. I mean IDK guys, but my gut is telling me it is. I live to be proved wrong. :)

What leaked art are you referring to, exactly?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582649)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:35am CDT
Hound really loves to roll around.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582651)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 16th, 2014 @ 8:40am CDT
sigh.


Im ok with the Lockdown voice, I guess. But I think it's a bit cliche (British accent = villain).

I still wish they had Lance Henriksen.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582659)
Posted by TimothyR on June 16th, 2014 @ 9:21am CDT
CarWrapKid wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:What if the guys behind Lockdown are Sweeps? Wasn't Cyclonus rumored to be in the movie?

As for Cyclonus, common belief is that that was a preliminary/misunderstood name for Galvatron.


Remember the CinemaCon description? There was a jet Transformer that came from Lockdown's ship and scooped Tessa and Optimus with a net. That could be Cyclonus or a possible drone that serves Lockdown. You are going to have to watch the movie to find out.



We dont have to to know Cyclonus is not in the movie


the name was used as a code name for Galvatron during the filming i was there and the only vehicle there that did not have the proper names were the black semi and there is no vehicle that cyclonus could be.


There was art drawn for the character and it was listed on a script on set (IIRC, ALONGSIDE Galvatron), which is where the original rumour/confirmation of the character came from - note that the Wikipedia editors thought it was legit enough to include that, and they refuse to even list characters based off toy sightings. Ofcourse, a lot can change in a year of editing, however I've got my money down that this is Cyclonus, and he transforms into a helicopter of some description.



The guy who in Payoff flips the cars at Bumblebee. I struggle to see Bay giving so much screen time to a fight between Bee and a random vehicon bot with no name, additionally it looks a lot like the art that was leaked for Cyclonus AND it's head design looks very similar to Starscream. I mean IDK guys, but my gut is telling me it is. I live to be proved wrong. :)


just an fyi.. the robot that is in that photo is hound.. you can tell by the gun, and the bars on his back.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582665)
Posted by CarWrapKid on June 16th, 2014 @ 9:42am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:What leaked art are you referring to, exactly?


http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/540/#.U58FFvldV8E

It's from 2009 (ROTF concepts) but it's the concept art Nizzi did specifically for Cyclonus IIRC from his website, he was meant to transform into an Apache. Go ahead, google image Josh Nizzi, it's right there.







It's the exact same character, virtually unchanged. We've heard the character was in the script from a call sheet.

With hindsight I agree it looks different from the Starscream-dude shooting at Bee above, I just think it's weird that there's a Starscream lookalike fighting Bee. Perhaps there are even more new characters we haven't heard of (Thundercracker anyone?) OR, perhaps more probably, Bay is using the characters/designs but not giving them names. *shrug* I'm not grasping at straws here, it just seems probable to me and the image doesn't lie, that's the same bot that's in the concept art from 4 years ago. That's Cyclonus.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582673)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 16th, 2014 @ 10:23am CDT
CarWrapKid wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:What leaked art are you referring to, exactly?


http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/540/#.U58FFvldV8E

It's from 2009 (ROTF concepts) but it's the concept art Nizzi did specifically for Cyclonus IIRC from his website, he was meant to transform into an Apache. Go ahead, google image Josh Nizzi, it's right there.







It's the exact same character, virtually unchanged. We've heard the character was in the script from a call sheet.

With hindsight I agree it looks different from the Starscream-dude shooting at Bee above, I just think it's weird that there's a Starscream lookalike fighting Bee. Perhaps there are even more new characters we haven't heard of (Thundercracker anyone?) OR, perhaps more probably, Bay is using the characters/designs but not giving them names. *shrug* I'm not grasping at straws here, it just seems probable to me and the image doesn't lie, that's the same bot that's in the concept art from 4 years ago. That's Cyclonus.


You know what? That does look a hell of a lot like him. I hope that truly is Cyclonus. Maybe after Lockdown is "taken care of," maybe they'll introduce Unicron's minions or whatever and have the final few minutes of the movie have to do with building them up for the sequel. Kind of like the Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582679)
Posted by CarWrapKid on June 16th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
You know what? That does look a hell of a lot like him. I hope that truly is Cyclonus. Maybe after Lockdown is "taken care of," maybe they'll introduce Unicron's minions or whatever and have the final few minutes of the movie have to do with building them up for the sequel. Kind of like the Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

(From what we know) there are 2 "factions" of bad guys in this film's climax, the Vehicons made by humans, and Lockdown's henchmen. We obviously don't know if they're working together, or if Lockdown takes control of them, or why he is sucking up Hong Kong etc it's all relevant, BUT if I'm completely honest, that design does not look to me like Lockdown's buddies overall aesthetic. If anything it looks human-made. It's all smooth panels and army markings, original trilogy design where Lockdown&co are bars, green glow and spiky alien bits. BUT HEY, we find out in 11 days time! :michaelbay: :KREMZEEK:

P.S.
TimothyR wrote:
just an fyi.. the robot that is in that photo is hound.. you can tell by the gun, and the bars on his back.

I hope you're right and that is Hound in that shot, it makes me feel slightly less embarrassed that the Cyclonus design is nothing like the original cap I posted. :P
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582680)
Posted by william-james88 on June 16th, 2014 @ 10:45am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

You know what? That does look a hell of a lot like him. I hope that truly is Cyclonus. Maybe after Lockdown is "taken care of," maybe they'll introduce Unicron's minions or whatever and have the final few minutes of the movie have to do with building them up for the sequel. Kind of like the Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.



Rgardless, I would LOVE a toy of that CG model. I always like when a helicopter alt mode is attempted.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582686)
Posted by guarayakha on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
Anyone getting a TF:Prime vibe from this TVspot? We have the desert and 4 obviously color-coded bots; YellowBee, RedPrime, BlueNinjaDrift replacing Arcee and HugeGreenHound replacing Bulkhead. Minus Ratchet, of course.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582687)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT
guarayakha wrote:Anyone getting a TF:Prime vibe from this TVspot? We have the desert and 4 obviously color-coded bots; YellowBee, RedPrime, BlueNinjaDrift replacing Arcee and HugeGreenHound replacing Bulkhead. Minus Ratchet, of course.
"Colored-coded Good Guy Transformers in a desert" is a concept as old as G1.

If you want to single out their being a small ragtag bunch instead of a big unit, then that would make the concept as old as Beast Wars, instead.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582689)
Posted by william-james88 on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:12am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
guarayakha wrote:Anyone getting a TF:Prime vibe from this TVspot? We have the desert and 4 obviously color-coded bots; YellowBee, RedPrime, BlueNinjaDrift replacing Arcee and HugeGreenHound replacing Bulkhead. Minus Ratchet, of course.
"Colored-coded Good Guy Transformers in a desert" is a concept as old as G1.

If you want to single out their being a small ragtag bunch instead of a big unit, then that would make the concept as old as Beast Wars, instead.



But taking the recency element into account, this is very Prime like as opposed to what we saw in the past 10 years. The inclusion of a Bulk Head like character also reinforces that element since a big green brute force character has been far more prominent as a core team member in recent TF shows like Animated and Prime.

Also, I really like that comment about how this is a redo of the first movie but with lessons learned (hopefully). This is pretty much the start of a new trilogy so it only makes sense that we retread certain things. If all goes well, we can have a discussion someday about which trilogy we should show our kids, like Star Wars fans do ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582690)
Posted by dreadwing95 on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:18am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
CarWrapKid wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:What leaked art are you referring to, exactly?


http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/540/#.U58FFvldV8E

It's from 2009 (ROTF concepts) but it's the concept art Nizzi did specifically for Cyclonus IIRC from his website, he was meant to transform into an Apache. Go ahead, google image Josh Nizzi, it's right there.







It's the exact same character, virtually unchanged. We've heard the character was in the script from a call sheet.

With hindsight I agree it looks different from the Starscream-dude shooting at Bee above, I just think it's weird that there's a Starscream lookalike fighting Bee. Perhaps there are even more new characters we haven't heard of (Thundercracker anyone?) OR, perhaps more probably, Bay is using the characters/designs but not giving them names. *shrug* I'm not grasping at straws here, it just seems probable to me and the image doesn't lie, that's the same bot that's in the concept art from 4 years ago. That's Cyclonus.


You know what? That does look a hell of a lot like him. I hope that truly is Cyclonus. Maybe after Lockdown is "taken care of," maybe they'll introduce Unicron's minions or whatever and have the final few minutes of the movie have to do with building them up for the sequel. Kind of like the Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

that is interesting design for cyclonus. i like it mostly except for the head. the head seems a little weird to me
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582691)
Posted by dragons on June 16th, 2014 @ 11:21am CDT
dreadwing95 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
CarWrapKid wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:What leaked art are you referring to, exactly?


http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/540/#.U58FFvldV8E

It's from 2009 (ROTF concepts) but it's the concept art Nizzi did specifically for Cyclonus IIRC from his website, he was meant to transform into an Apache. Go ahead, google image Josh Nizzi, it's right there.







It's the exact same character, virtually unchanged. We've heard the character was in the script from a call sheet.

With hindsight I agree it looks different from the Starscream-dude shooting at Bee above, I just think it's weird that there's a Starscream lookalike fighting Bee. Perhaps there are even more new characters we haven't heard of (Thundercracker anyone?) OR, perhaps more probably, Bay is using the characters/designs but not giving them names. *shrug* I'm not grasping at straws here, it just seems probable to me and the image doesn't lie, that's the same bot that's in the concept art from 4 years ago. That's Cyclonus.


You know what? That does look a hell of a lot like him. I hope that truly is Cyclonus. Maybe after Lockdown is "taken care of," maybe they'll introduce Unicron's minions or whatever and have the final few minutes of the movie have to do with building them up for the sequel. Kind of like the Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

that is interesting design for cyclonus. i like it mostly except for the head. the head seems a little weird to me




like to be proven wrong I doubt he will be called cyclonus saw some new bots in revenge of fallen never got toys of them or had names for find out when its released if he speask or just another drone
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582711)
Posted by Deadput on June 16th, 2014 @ 12:39pm CDT
CarWrapKid wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:What leaked art are you referring to, exactly?


http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/540/#.U58FFvldV8E

It's from 2009 (ROTF concepts) but it's the concept art Nizzi did specifically for Cyclonus IIRC from his website, he was meant to transform into an Apache. Go ahead, google image Josh Nizzi, it's right there.







It's the exact same character, virtually unchanged. We've heard the character was in the script from a call sheet.

With hindsight I agree it looks different from the Starscream-dude shooting at Bee above, I just think it's weird that there's a Starscream lookalike fighting Bee. Perhaps there are even more new characters we haven't heard of (Thundercracker anyone?) OR, perhaps more probably, Bay is using the characters/designs but not giving them names. *shrug* I'm not grasping at straws here, it just seems probable to me and the image doesn't lie, that's the same bot that's in the concept art from 4 years ago. That's Cyclonus.




Those guys are vehicons too when optimus says sharge you can see grimlock bite on one making green stuff come out



It is not Cyclonus and that is a cgi model and that was never meant to turn into anything Nizzi just made that as how to make a transformer thing.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582715)
Posted by DeadCaL on June 16th, 2014 @ 12:54pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:New spot
with Lockdown


Are those Autobots comically dangling from Scorn?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction New 'Autobots' Trailer (1582719)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 16th, 2014 @ 1:09pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
CarWrapKid wrote:
Metro Prime wrote:What leaked art are you referring to, exactly?


http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/540/#.U58FFvldV8E

It's from 2009 (ROTF concepts) but it's the concept art Nizzi did specifically for Cyclonus IIRC from his website, he was meant to transform into an Apache. Go ahead, google image Josh Nizzi, it's right there.







It's the exact same character, virtually unchanged. We've heard the character was in the script from a call sheet.

With hindsight I agree it looks different from the Starscream-dude shooting at Bee above, I just think it's weird that there's a Starscream lookalike fighting Bee. Perhaps there are even more new characters we haven't heard of (Thundercracker anyone?) OR, perhaps more probably, Bay is using the characters/designs but not giving them names. *shrug* I'm not grasping at straws here, it just seems probable to me and the image doesn't lie, that's the same bot that's in the concept art from 4 years ago. That's Cyclonus.




Those guys are vehicons too when optimus says sharge you can see grimlock bite on one making green stuff come out



It is not Cyclonus and that is a cgi model and that was never meant to turn into anything Nizzi just made that as how to make a transformer thing.


The guy Grimlock bit is a vehicon. That guy in the trailer looks nothing like a vehicon. He doesn't even look like he could transform into a car.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial
Twincast / Podcast #144:
"Don't Touch That Dial"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 15th, 2016