Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail

Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 4:10AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 36,366

Catching up on all the sightings that fellow Seibertronians have been sending the staff (make sure to flag them up in the Sightings section and forums too!), here's a later Age of Extinction one: Nikko Radio Controlled Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. Sightings come from Target stores in Michigan, via xRotorstormx, and Illinois, via reluctantyouth [and via myself in the UK, Toys'R'Us] prices at $49.99 each, require additional batteries and transform at the touch of a button - photo proof below!

Credit(s): reluctantyouth, xRotorstormx, Va'al

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1600388)
Posted by reluctantyouth on August 19th, 2014 @ 8:42am CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1600405)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 19th, 2014 @ 9:58am CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:Thanks for the included news credit on these...thought I posted it a couple of weeks ago. The two at my Target have not budged in 3 weeks. The Transformer section is looking very poor too. No Generations of any kind...what happened to Target :sad: ?!? I use to be able to count on them quite a bit.

You did, but we got a buttload of emails and had to work through them in order of ugency. ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1600406)
Posted by william-james88 on August 19th, 2014 @ 10:01am CDT

Target has only been around in my area for about a year so I can understand the poor distribution but it still stands that they are by far the least dependable for anything transformers related. Their generations line is still at HOIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1600418)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 19th, 2014 @ 10:57am CDT
These would be cool to get, if they didn't look like gigantic electronic Bot-Shots. :roll:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1600502)
Posted by TulioDude on August 19th, 2014 @ 5:50pm CDT
I knida missed the news on these guy,so I wanted to know if they can make turns for both sides this time.Can somebody answer?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1600819)
Posted by TransformersFan89 on August 20th, 2014 @ 8:34pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1600827)
Posted by megatronus on August 20th, 2014 @ 9:17pm CDT
TransformersFan89 wrote:Anyone out there any closer to knowing the date(s) the AOE platinum sets will be released?

Some already have been released, i.e. the Kmart exclusive Voyager Prime & Grimlock 2-pack.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1600883)
Posted by TransformersFan89 on August 21st, 2014 @ 6:18am CDT
Ok cool thanks!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601188)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 22nd, 2014 @ 8:40am CDT
megatronus wrote:

No I think he means the Leader Class and the Autobot 5-pack platinum sets. I might be wrong, but I believe that they'll be released in September or October.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601210)
Posted by william-james88 on August 22nd, 2014 @ 9:38am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
megatronus wrote:

Do we know the exclusivity of these platinum sets? Like who will be distributing them? Will it all be KMart?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601229)
Posted by Stockade on August 22nd, 2014 @ 11:00am CDT
I don't know about anyone body else, but I'm not much into the movie line, however I have to say these two rock with the chrome! For Prime I get the G1 feel with the chrome and the face plate makes him look a hell of a lot better! I hate the open face look. Prime's gun should either be chrome or black, preferably black, not that cheap grey material.

Grimlock looks like a badass with the chrome highlighted parts and the painted black face really does it for me and make Grimlock stand out, more a demon/samurai warrior than a dinobot, but I'll take it.

I just feel with the chrome and extra paint here and there, really makes these two stand out compared to their counter-parts that's sold individually.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601258)
Posted by Primeultimus on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:03pm CDT
Toys R US Canada has the Leader Class Grimlock and Optimus Prime Platinum Edition set up for Pre Order!
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=42056696
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601259)
Posted by Primeultimus on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:03pm CDT
Toys R US Canada has the Dinobots Unleashed set up for Pre Order!
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=42056716
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601260)
Posted by Primeultimus on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
Toys R US Canada has the Breakaway Battle set up for Pre Order!
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=42056766
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601261)
Posted by Primeultimus on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:04pm CDT
Toys R US Canada has the Optimus Prime Leader Class w/ Trailer and Sideswipe set up for Pre Order!
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=42056756
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601262)
Posted by Primeultimus on August 22nd, 2014 @ 1:05pm CDT
Toys R US Canada has the Autobots United set up for Pre Order!

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=42056706
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601396)
Posted by TransformersFan89 on August 22nd, 2014 @ 10:07pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 - yes those sets as well as the breakout battle set. And thanks!

WilliamJames88 - I thought I heard somewhere that they would be Toys R Us exclusives.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601558)
Posted by prjkt on August 24th, 2014 @ 12:49am CDT
This set arrived last week from RK.
Quick thoughts:
Joints on the Classics version feel loosish/soft (but not too bad) - I think it's due to the plastic quality, my KO Ultra Magnus feels like it's made of better plastic.

Having said that the paint apps are top grade, doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart, and will be mostly for display.

The evasion mode version, no problems with construction, but the paint apps could use some work, looks better in alt mode than robot. (Might display it this way next to my platinum chrome version in robot mode)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601563)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 24th, 2014 @ 3:52am CDT
Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest figure gallery:

Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Drift!

The figure is based off of the DOTM Skyhammer mold, but sports a blue and gold colorscheme, new weapons and a new head to bring you Drift in his third mode, a helicopter. The helicopter mode (and transformation to and from) were shown very briefly in this summer's TF film, Age Of Extinction. Considering the difficulties of taking a Bugatti Veyron and turning it into a robot AND a helicopter, a reuse of the Skyhammer mold was the next best possible plan.

Drift is partnered in the newest (and seemingly final) Voyager wave with Dinobot Slog.

Click on any of the images to be taken to the full gallery:

Age of Extinction: Generations Drift

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Nikko RC Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at US and UK Retail (1601565)
Posted by megatronus on August 24th, 2014 @ 5:05am CDT
Super excited for Drift!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016