Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Saturday, May 10th, 2014 2:16PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,548

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Yet again, we bring you Transformers: Age of Extinction news in the form of images, from the Facebook fanpage Transformers Colombia. Seibertron.com fellow users Primeultimus and OptimalOptimus2 have notified us of new uploads, and we've mirrored the images below: check out the in-package shots of various store exclusive figures, including Titan Silver Knight Optimus Prime, Flip and Change Silver Knight Optimus Prime, Target Exclusive Two-Pack Silver Knight Optimus Prime and Grimlock, 'Cyberverse' Stinger, Optimus and Grimlock, Wal*Mart Exclusive Two-Pack Bumblebee vs Strafe, and Toys'R'Us Exclusive Three-Pack Bumblebee, Stinger and Strafe.

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives
Credit(s): Transformers Colombia
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572850)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
Toys R Us? The original listing said that Strafe/Stinger/Bee set was for Walmart.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572856)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on May 10th, 2014 @ 2:32pm CDT
So the Cyberverse legion Grimlock and single pack Knockout Stinger don't come with weapons or are the weapons just under them because they're in smaller packages?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572863)
Posted by wangson on May 10th, 2014 @ 3:08pm CDT
Is it me or does Stinger look like a Chevy Camaro?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572864)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
wangson wrote:Is it me or does Stinger look like a Chevy Camaro?
The ones in these newest pics are straight redecos of TF: Prime Cyberverse Legion Knock Out.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572865)
Posted by packagoustomifuw on May 10th, 2014 @ 3:44pm CDT
I love how the Stinger artwork on the boxes is just a mirrored red Bumblebee. They should totally rename him Bumblejumper before AOE is released. There's still time, right?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572867)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 10th, 2014 @ 3:48pm CDT
packagoustomifuw wrote:I love how the Stinger artwork on the boxes is just a mirrored red Bumblebee. They should totally rename him Bumblejumper before AOE is released. There's still time, right?


Good eye, tho I think it's Bumblebee who's the mirrored copy here. At any rate, the connection with Bumblebee does give the "Stinger" name some mysterious air...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572869)
Posted by packagoustomifuw on May 10th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
packagoustomifuw wrote:I love how the Stinger artwork on the boxes is just a mirrored red Bumblebee. They should totally rename him Bumblejumper before AOE is released. There's still time, right?


Good eye, tho I think it's Bumblebee who's the mirrored copy here. At any rate, the connection with Bumblebee does give the "Stinger" name some mysterious air...


Well played, good sir!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572877)
Posted by xyl360 on May 10th, 2014 @ 4:39pm CDT
Whoa, it looks like Strafe is a blue and black repaint of Beast Wars Basics Terrorsaur!:
Image
I'll definitely have to pick that set up.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572878)
Posted by Zeek99g on May 10th, 2014 @ 4:41pm CDT
packagoustomifuw wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
packagoustomifuw wrote:I love how the Stinger artwork on the boxes is just a mirrored red Bumblebee. They should totally rename him Bumblejumper before AOE is released. There's still time, right?


Good eye, tho I think it's Bumblebee who's the mirrored copy here. At any rate, the connection with Bumblebee does give the "Stinger" name some mysterious air...


Well played, good sir!


I think it is that stinger is anti-bee. But I could be wrong.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572879)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 10th, 2014 @ 4:41pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Whoa, it looks like Strafe is a blue and black repaint of Beast Wars Basics Terrorsaur!:
Image
I'll definitely have to pick that set up.


Because it is. Look a few pages back for the other Walmart dino sets. :)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572881)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Whoa, it looks like Strafe is a blue and black repaint of Beast Wars Basics Terrorsaur!:
Image
I'll definitely have to pick that set up.


Because it is. Look a few pages back for the other Walmart dino sets. :)
Yeah, this is known news.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572882)
Posted by It Is Him on May 10th, 2014 @ 4:47pm CDT
Wait... I thought all those basics were considered lost or something
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572893)
Posted by The Variable on May 10th, 2014 @ 6:49pm CDT
Stinger and Bumblebee really do seem to share the same body type. Maybe the Decepticons finally wised up after getting their asses handed to them by a "lowly"scout for 3 movies in a row. :D
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572894)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 10th, 2014 @ 6:52pm CDT
I know Grimlock's the bigger name and all, but I really feel like the Rippersnapper recolor should have been Scorn instead. He's got a fin on his back, after all.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572897)
Posted by swagitron on May 10th, 2014 @ 7:07pm CDT
Does anyone have the barcode for the AOE Generations figures? I walked into my Wal-Mart today and saw the AOE plushies so I figured they probably had the generations in the back. But the employee told me she needed a barcode to see if they had what I was looking for. So if anyone has a barcode PLEASE give it to me
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572898)
Posted by shajaki on May 10th, 2014 @ 7:13pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:Whoa, it looks like Strafe is a blue and black repaint of Beast Wars Basics Terrorsaur!
I'll definitely have to pick that set up.
lol dont worry. i totally missed it too. i scrolled back to find the pics!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572899)
Posted by timcourtois on May 10th, 2014 @ 7:23pm CDT
That g1-colored FOC Grimlock repaint looks like he's wearing red biker shorts.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572903)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2014 @ 7:45pm CDT
The Variable wrote:Stinger and Bumblebee really do seem to share the same body type. Maybe the Decepticons finally wised up after getting their asses handed to them by a "lowly"scout for 3 movies in a row. :D
Stinger's a human-made bot based on Bee's design.

Galvatron's also a manmade, remote-controlled bot.

And Lockdown's a neutral dude.

So... where are the Decepticons, movie?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572905)
Posted by It Is Him on May 10th, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
The Variable wrote:Stinger and Bumblebee really do seem to share the same body type. Maybe the Decepticons finally wised up after getting their asses handed to them by a "lowly"scout for 3 movies in a row. :D
Stinger's a human-made bot based on Bee's design.

Galvatron's also a manmade, remote-controlled bot.

And Lockdown's a neutral dude.

So... where are the Decepticons, movie?


It's wonderful. We're a month and change out, and we barely know a damn thing.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572907)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 10th, 2014 @ 7:53pm CDT
For some reason, Silver Knight Optimus Prime is very popular with Hasbro. :HEADHURTS: They should have named him something better, like, Silverstreak Optimus Prime.
Nemesis Primal wrote:I know Grimlock's the bigger name and all, but I really feel like the Rippersnapper recolor should have been Scorn instead. He's got a fin on his back, after all.

I was thinking that too! :))
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572908)
Posted by It Is Him on May 10th, 2014 @ 7:55pm CDT
It's probably because Optimus is going to reach some new form of super sayain at the end of the movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572910)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2014 @ 8:02pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
The Variable wrote:Stinger and Bumblebee really do seem to share the same body type. Maybe the Decepticons finally wised up after getting their asses handed to them by a "lowly"scout for 3 movies in a row. :D
Stinger's a human-made bot based on Bee's design.

Galvatron's also a manmade, remote-controlled bot.

And Lockdown's a neutral dude.

So... where are the Decepticons, movie?


It's wonderful. We're a month and change out, and we barely know a damn thing.
Unless... what if there are no Decepticons in this movie?

I mean, think about it. We do know that there are human antagonists (the U.S. government hunting down the Autobots trying to kill them), and there's the human-made TFs who are also probably made to hunt down the Autobots. And there's Lockdown and whoever/whatever enigmatic authority he works for (said authority is pretty ticked off about Cybertronians and humanity having been interacting with each other all this time, which is something Megatron wasn't bothered by).

Maybe all the major Decepticons really were killed off in the previous films, and so now there's something new and something mysterious out there that out to get the Autobots. The movie might want us to think that the humans are the main bad guys here, but then along comes Lockdown having been hired by some entity that's completely new to the Movieverse.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572916)
Posted by RAcast on May 10th, 2014 @ 8:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
The Variable wrote:Stinger and Bumblebee really do seem to share the same body type. Maybe the Decepticons finally wised up after getting their asses handed to them by a "lowly"scout for 3 movies in a row. :D
Stinger's a human-made bot based on Bee's design.

Galvatron's also a manmade, remote-controlled bot.

And Lockdown's a neutral dude.

So... where are the Decepticons, movie?


It's wonderful. We're a month and change out, and we barely know a damn thing.
Unless... what if there are no Decepticons in this movie?

I mean, think about it. We do know that there are human antagonists (the U.S. government hunting down the Autobots trying to kill them), and there's the human-made TFs who are also probably made to hunt down the Autobots. And there's Lockdown and whoever/whatever enigmatic authority he works for (said authority is pretty ticked off about Cybertronians and humanity having been interacting with each other all this time, which is something Megatron wasn't bothered by).

Maybe all the major Decepticons really were killed off in the previous films, and so now there's something new and something mysterious out there that out to get the Autobots. The movie might want us to think that the humans are the main bad guys here, but then along comes Lockdown having been hired by some entity that's completely new to the Movieverse.


But we know that Galvatron and some dump truck Decepticon (who was formatted by the Allspark at some point, I remember someone mentioning it in the threat where we saw the reveal for the toy of him) are present. So there are some Decepticons around.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572918)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2014 @ 8:19pm CDT
RAcast wrote:But we know that Galvatron and some dump truck Decepticon (who was formatted by the Allspark at some point, I remember someone mentioning it in the threat where we saw the reveal for the toy of him) are present. So there are some Decepticons around.
Galvatron is a manmade, remote-controlled TFs operated by an employee of Joshua (Stanley Tucci's character), the lead scientist who created the manmade TFs.

And who's to say that Junkheap isn't another manmade TF?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572920)
Posted by RAcast on May 10th, 2014 @ 8:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:But we know that Galvatron and some dump truck Decepticon (who was formatted by the Allspark at some point, I remember someone mentioning it in the threat where we saw the reveal for the toy of him) are present. So there are some Decepticons around.
Galvatron is a manmade, remote-controlled TFs operated by an employee of Joshua (Stanley Tucci's character), the lead scientist who created the manmade TFs.

And who's to say that Junkheap isn't another manmade TF?

Really? Well nevermind me then. xD
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572921)
Posted by dreadwing95 on May 10th, 2014 @ 8:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:But we know that Galvatron and some dump truck Decepticon (who was formatted by the Allspark at some point, I remember someone mentioning it in the threat where we saw the reveal for the toy of him) are present. So there are some Decepticons around.
Galvatron is a manmade, remote-controlled TFs operated by an employee of Joshua (Stanley Tucci's character), the lead scientist who created the manmade TFs.

And who's to say that Junkheap isn't another manmade TF?

why would humans make a dump truck transformer? and who says that galvatron will always be controlled? for all we know they couldve used megatrons spark to power him and his personality could come back halfway through
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572924)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 10th, 2014 @ 8:49pm CDT
dreadwing95 wrote:why would humans make a dump truck transformer?
It's a garbage truck.

And why would humans make a Pagani Huayra Transformer? Or a Freightliner Transformer? Yet, look at Stinger and Galvatron.

In fact, why make them with altmodes designed after any kind of aesthetic?

We don't know why. Maybe it's to let them blend in better with ordinary surroundings. But either way, Stinger and Galvatron are both based on civilian vehicles, so Junkheap would just be following in suit.

dreadwing95 wrote:and who says that galvatron will always be controlled? for all we know they couldve used megatrons spark to power him and his personality could come back halfway through
Well, we really don't know either way at this point. Hence all this speculating.

Though, there is at least a character bio for Galvatron up on Hasbro.com, and it kinda refers to Megatron as though he were somebody else:
The AUTOBOTS won a great victory when OPTIMUS PRIME defeated MEGATRON at the Battle of Chicago. MEGATRON is gone, but a new evil has taken his place. Humans have built a bot designed to be even more powerful than the fallen DECEPTICON leader. Now, the AUTOBOTS must defeat the mighty GALVATRON!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572926)
Posted by dreadwing95 on May 10th, 2014 @ 8:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
dreadwing95 wrote:why would humans make a dump truck transformer?
It's a garbage truck.

And why would humans make a Pagani Huayra Transformer? Or a Freightliner Transformer? Yet, look at Stinger and Galvatron.

In fact, why make them with altmodes designed after any kind of aesthetic?

We don't know why. Maybe it's to let them blend in better with ordinary surroundings. But either way, Stinger and Galvatron are both based on civilian vehicles, so Junkheap would just be following in suit.

dreadwing95 wrote:and who says that galvatron will always be controlled? for all we know they couldve used megatrons spark to power him and his personality could come back halfway through
i meant to say garbage truck. im really tired right now lol. anyway youve made some valid points. but do still say he becomes autonomous by the end of the film. bay cant take a decepticon leader and make him just a minion again. even galvatron in the original escaped servitude
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572929)
Posted by Darkman20xx on May 10th, 2014 @ 9:32pm CDT
Gotta say....that G1 re-colored Grimlock is quite nice. Only issue is they should have left the crotch red and complete thighs black as opposed to trying to add red to the thighs too. Me want to see Dino Alt mode pics...NOW
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572937)
Posted by Primeultimus on May 10th, 2014 @ 10:27pm CDT
Official Pictures of Wave 2 of Transformers 4 Age Of Extinction Voyagers

From BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

1x TRA MV4 VOY EVASION MODE OPTIMUS PRIME
1x TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER GRIMLOCK
1x TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER AUTOBOT HOUND
1x TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER GALVATRON

Wave 2 Revision 1

1x TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER GRIMLOCK
1x TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER AUTOBOT HOUND
2x TRA MV4 GEN VOYAGER GALVATRON

Image
Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572946)
Posted by Diem on May 11th, 2014 @ 12:04am CDT
I might be a little late to the party but I just got my grubby mitts on Leader Grimlock. His robot mode is decent and his transformation is interesting enough. But his dino mode is just saaaaaaaaad. His upper body is far too wide and his dino arms are way too small. Given his not massive size and the fact that leaders got another $5 on their price tag I can't recommend it as a purchase.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572956)
Posted by Caelus on May 11th, 2014 @ 1:58am CDT
Maybe Megatron is rebuilt as Galvatron to hunt down and destroy the Autobots by the United Nations Initiative for Cybernetic Robotic Organism Neutralization? Or the United Nations Initiative for Cybertronian Reeducation, Operation, and Neutralization? Maybe the United Nations Coordinated Robotic Offensive Network?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572957)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on May 11th, 2014 @ 2:05am CDT
Caelus wrote:Maybe Megatron is rebuilt as Galvatron to hunt down and destroy the Autobots by the United Nations Initiative for Cybernetic Robotic Organism Neutralization? Or the United Nations Initiative for Cybertronian Reeducation, Operation, and Neutralization? Maybe the United Nations Coordinated Robotic Offensive Network?

^I see what you did up there^ ;) some acronyms for U.N.I.C.R.O.N. quite clever :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572960)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 11th, 2014 @ 2:45am CDT
It Is Him wrote:It's wonderful. We're a month and change out, and we barely know a damn thing.


Maybe they finally figured out how to lock down the set so they can keep secrets under wraps. Part of the problem with our past experiences with these movies is that we get spoiled on either major plot points or the entire film and we get a sense of where it's going and what to expect and then see the final product and get all pissy and let down.

This time, outside of some very rough ideas, we have no idea what's truly going to happen, how it's going to happen, or what's going on. We're going in with no real solid source to work with, this will be a new experience for all of us. Perhaps this time we'll not only be surprised, but pleasantly so.

Perhaps they're not putting out a second trailer because of this? Or, perhaps they rushed through the film, and it's not done yet? (Wouldn't surprise me. The feel of this film's a bit different than the previous ones. Can't explain it.)

Anyway, onto the toys. I have all of the Generations wave 1 Deluxes and Leaders, plus Evasion Mode Optimus to get a Voyager in there, too.

I'm absolutely impressed.
Crosshairs just oozes charisma and his mold works well for what you get.
High Octane Bumblebee is lightweight (literally), but fantastic. Gorgeous paint apps.
Scorn looks vicious in beast mode, and very much a jousting knight in 'bot mode. (might be my favorite.)
Slug is a bit odd, and his transformation (the arms, specifically) gets on my nerves a bit, but his bot mode looks great.

Evasion Mode Optimus is, hands down, the best of the line so far. He's proof that Hasbro can still make an excellent figure.

Optimus (Leader Class) is much better than I expected. (I was impressed with him at Toy Fair and he did not disappoint.) He has some issues with his backpack, but he's so ridiculously poseable for a Leader Class. Can't get over the waist swivel. It would be nice if he had a wrist swivel, but it's nowhere near a deal breaker.

Grimlock (Leader Class) even impressed me. He's quite imposing in 'bot mode. Big fella, looks like he could beat you down without breaking a sweat. Beast mode's a bit...odd. More than passable in person. He definitely grew on me.

Now, to be fair, I'm going to complain about Hasbro for a moment, because it's not all wine and roses. People complain about the downsizing (especially the Deluxes) and the prices remaining the same, and I get it, I do. However, these are still far more than what Cyberverse Commanders and Scout Class had to offer. They're still bigger, far more poseability, definitely more intricate.

I honestly don't feel let down by these figures. I'm not Hasbro's A#1 fan, but they have earned my respect somewhat. They had a smaller budget (both in size of the figures and the money) and they made some magic happen. However, their "simplifying" of the figures makes no sense to me.

Crosshairs is a good example of meeting in the middle. He's complex enough that Adults should be at least bare minimum satisfied, while kids could master his transformation and gimmicks. Plus he looks good when transformed correctly. High Octane Bumblebee is not.

His roof/backpack piece is thin and flimsy feeling. The transformation joints are ridiculously tight. I thought I was going to break him, honestly. I used a TLC amount of force to make it work and freaked out. A kid's not going to care and they're going to apply a great amount of force to make it work and I think we'll hear complaints about him breaking. Plus the chest set up? Even I'm like "WTF? JUST PEG IN, YOU GUTTERW#0R3!"

The line's inconsistent. On the one hand, it's definitely aimed at collectors (Evasion Mode Optimus), but it's definitely simplified for kids, but not enough in some areas and just leaves me scratching my head. It's...just confusing.

I think they're trying to do too much with too little and while it's working now, I can't imagine it will continue to.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572963)
Posted by leokearon on May 11th, 2014 @ 3:01am CDT
Tesco sometimes gets Target Exclusives, so maybe some of these might come over to Ireland and the UK
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572976)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 11th, 2014 @ 4:45am CDT
Caelus wrote:Maybe Megatron is rebuilt as Galvatron to hunt down and destroy the Autobots by the United Nations Initiative for Cybernetic Robotic Organism Neutralization? Or the United Nations Initiative for Cybertronian Reeducation, Operation, and Neutralization? Maybe the United Nations Coordinated Robotic Offensive Network?
The one issue with this pun is that Galvatron and Stinger seemed to be completely American made, with each nation independently creating their own TFs, as China has their own operations going on that aren't part of the American manufacturing of TFs. So, no UN stuff, just US. :PEACE:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572986)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on May 11th, 2014 @ 5:49am CDT
I love that Rippersnapper mold for Grimlock, the only issue I find is his robot mode size, is probable the smallest on that line, I guess optimus wont be able to ride his dino mode, lol

Image
Image

EDIT:
hold on, he could...
Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1572998)
Posted by swagitron on May 11th, 2014 @ 6:55am CDT
I hope the mechtech weapon fits in 2014 bee's hand because those throwing stars look stupid.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573004)
Posted by Delta Magnus on May 11th, 2014 @ 7:27am CDT
shajaki wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Whoa, it looks like Strafe is a blue and black repaint of Beast Wars Basics Terrorsaur!
I'll definitely have to pick that set up.
lol dont worry. i totally missed it too. i scrolled back to find the pics!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


I've wanted to own that Triceradon mold for a while. Now's my chance! I'll need to do some paintwork on the ribs which they missed out, but hey, it's a great looking figure and it's good to see some reuse of Beast Era molds.

Also I need that Cruellock redeco so I can move my Energon Abominus closer to completion.

Pretty ambivalent on the blue Terrorsaur redeco. I've never liked the upside down wings in robot mode.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573027)
Posted by ScottyP on May 11th, 2014 @ 9:05am CDT
Picked up some of the Constructbots stuff yesterday. If you'd given up on Constructbots, which no one would blame you for, you may want to take a look at the Dinobots. You get a ton of toy for $10, the dino modes are huge for the price, and mostly coherent (Slug is kinda skeleton-ish). The gear mechanisms give them more of a complete feeling, and they don't all have the same darn transformation. These aren't as customizable as the first run of stuff, there are far less pieces, but you won't care.

The little rider guys are pretty cool too, and they have neat little alt modes. They do, however, all have the same build/transformation.

About to go out to a store that supposedly put out like, the whole damn line. Let's see how this goes!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573028)
Posted by william-james88 on May 11th, 2014 @ 9:12am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I'm absolutely impressed.
Crosshairs just oozes charisma and his mold works well for what you get.
High Octane Bumblebee is lightweight (literally), but fantastic. Gorgeous paint apps.
Scorn looks vicious in beast mode, and very much a jousting knight in 'bot mode. (might be my favorite.)
Slug is a bit odd, and his transformation (the arms, specifically) gets on my nerves a bit, but his bot mode looks great.



Which is the most complex figure of the lot? And does crosshair's vehicle kibble work as a cape or does it look more like a backpack?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573040)
Posted by ishigoto on May 11th, 2014 @ 10:05am CDT
Im starting to think this "Silverknight" optimus is just as toy repaint called "paint is very expensive" optimus
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573071)
Posted by Va'al on May 11th, 2014 @ 1:38pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I'm absolutely impressed.
Crosshairs just oozes charisma and his mold works well for what you get.
High Octane Bumblebee is lightweight (literally), but fantastic. Gorgeous paint apps.
Scorn looks vicious in beast mode, and very much a jousting knight in 'bot mode. (might be my favorite.)
Slug is a bit odd, and his transformation (the arms, specifically) gets on my nerves a bit, but his bot mode looks great.



Which is the most complex figure of the lot? And does crosshair's vehicle kibble work as a cape or does it look more like a backpack?


Also... photos? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573091)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 11th, 2014 @ 3:45pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I'm absolutely impressed.
Crosshairs just oozes charisma and his mold works well for what you get.
High Octane Bumblebee is lightweight (literally), but fantastic. Gorgeous paint apps.
Scorn looks vicious in beast mode, and very much a jousting knight in 'bot mode. (might be my favorite.)
Slug is a bit odd, and his transformation (the arms, specifically) gets on my nerves a bit, but his bot mode looks great.



Which is the most complex figure of the lot? And does crosshair's vehicle kibble work as a cape or does it look more like a backpack?


A toss up between Scorn and Slug. Scorn is more involved and Automorphs, but Slug's parts get in the way of each other and it's frustrating. As for Crosshairs, it depends on how you manipulate it. It will look like a trench coat/cape if you do it just right. Avoid the rubber pieces, they're crap.

Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I'm absolutely impressed.
Crosshairs just oozes charisma and his mold works well for what you get.
High Octane Bumblebee is lightweight (literally), but fantastic. Gorgeous paint apps.
Scorn looks vicious in beast mode, and very much a jousting knight in 'bot mode. (might be my favorite.)
Slug is a bit odd, and his transformation (the arms, specifically) gets on my nerves a bit, but his bot mode looks great.



Which is the most complex figure of the lot? And does crosshair's vehicle kibble work as a cape or does it look more like a backpack?


Also... photos? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?


Will try and get some tonight.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573100)
Posted by william-james88 on May 11th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:It will look like a trench coat/cape if you do it just right. Avoid the rubber pieces, they're crap.


I am really intrigued by that last bit. What do you mean by avoiding the rubber pieces? Are you referring to the transformation?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573106)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on May 11th, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
good job hasbro.......now u know why ppl are giving their money to 3rd party compaines......

i cant believe how insluting it is to see this horrible mold be brought back and sold to us as if it was something new.......ur laughable hasbro
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573108)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 11th, 2014 @ 5:02pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:good job hasbro.......now u know why ppl are giving their money to 3rd party compaines......

i cant believe how insluting it is to see this horrible mold be brought back and sold to us as if it was something new.......ur laughable hasbro


Care to elaborate what figure you're referring to?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573109)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on May 11th, 2014 @ 5:24pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:good job hasbro.......now u know why ppl are giving their money to 3rd party compaines......

i cant believe how insluting it is to see this horrible mold be brought back and sold to us as if it was something new.......ur laughable hasbro


Care to elaborate what figure you're referring to?


dude its a post for bumblebee, which did u think i was talking about?......and while were at it, how about every movie figure that hasbro as come out with since the first one! suck!!! generations was great and so was the animated line........the rest has been a fail to me........
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573112)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 11th, 2014 @ 5:33pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:dude its a post for bumblebee, which did u think i was talking about?


You may not have noticed, but this is a megathread that incorporates any piece of Age of Extinction product. So while whatever post you may have read only contained one piece of product c the discussion forum used is the one used by all. So sorry if I didn't get your vagueness.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Official In-Package Images of Store Exclusives (1573113)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on May 11th, 2014 @ 5:37pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:dude its a post for bumblebee, which did u think i was talking about?


You may not have noticed, but this is a megathread that incorporates any piece of Age of Extinction product. So while whatever post you may have read only contained one piece of product c the discussion forum used is the one used by all. So sorry if I didn't get your vagueness.


ah my bad i didnt notice that........ill add AOE to a list of fails too lol.........

Click here to view an additional 1337 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014