Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image

Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 10:45AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,781

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Planet Iacon Facebook page has posted a supposed leaked image from the card for another Optimus Prime figure from the upcoming movie line! We had seen the Leader class toy before, but here we get a look at something a little different, at least in the size and shape of the sword and shield. Check it out below!

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image
Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533233)
Posted by Megazarak on December 4th, 2013 @ 10:55am CST
He's definitely different from the previously seen Optimus. He seems a bit better. Huge backpack though. I also wonder if that 15 steps thing is for him or something else (edit: seems like it might be for Grimlock; edit again: or not, Grimlock's name is written all over the place). It'd make sense, considering they probably don't want Leader Optimus to be nearly as complicated as RotF Prime.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533234)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on December 4th, 2013 @ 10:59am CST
Image
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533237)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 4th, 2013 @ 11:03am CST
Not sure if CGI render or toy with amazing lighting...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533242)
Posted by xyl360 on December 4th, 2013 @ 11:15am CST
Looks pretty cool :)!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533243)
Posted by EagleTron on December 4th, 2013 @ 11:20am CST
I see how they got 15 steps boldly printed. Just imagine if they had tried that with rotf leader Optimus. It would have said "to many steps to count". :lol:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533245)
Posted by Lord Manhammer '74 on December 4th, 2013 @ 11:29am CST
I like it. Anyone else here also getting a steam punk vibe from looking at this ? Also looks like he's sporting the Enterprise's saucer section as a shield.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533246)
Posted by xyl360 on December 4th, 2013 @ 11:36am CST
Lord Manhammer '74 wrote:I like it. Anyone else here also getting a steam punk vibe from looking at this ? Also looks like he's sporting the Enterprise's saucer section as a shield.

Hehe, yeah, I see what you mean regarding the steampunk thing. It also reminds me of Rodimus a bit because of those pipes. It's a neat look for Optimus.

I'm still undecided on whether I'm going to buy any more movie toys, but I do like the direction they're going in so far.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533248)
Posted by Rated X on December 4th, 2013 @ 11:40am CST
Im so sick of swords, shields, battle axes, etc. Bring back the guns...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533249)
Posted by rpetras on December 4th, 2013 @ 11:42am CST
Looks a bit shell-former-ish, a lot like movie 1 voyager prime.

I actually liked that mold, even though it looked nothing like he did in the movie. <shrug>
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533251)
Posted by xyl360 on December 4th, 2013 @ 11:44am CST
Rated X wrote:Im so sick of swords, shields, battle axes, etc. Bring back the guns...

Yeah, I agree. I never could get used to the idea of futuristic alien robots using melee weapons. Guns/blasters/missile launchers/lasers etc. has always been my preference in most cases (though stuff like blades attached to/built into arms etc. are OK by me :P).
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533254)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:00pm CST
xyl360 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Im so sick of swords, shields, battle axes, etc. Bring back the guns...

Yeah, I agree. I never could get used to the idea of futuristic alien robots using melee weapons.


Yeah, because the idea of transforming robot aliens using melee weapons is silly.

:roll:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533255)
Posted by Megazarak on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:04pm CST
On the discussion of weapons, I do like melee weapons, but a shield and sword is taking it a bit far as primary weapons. But if they were relics, like the Star Saber and the Skyboom Shield, that are only used once in a while, then that's cool. A shield does make a lot of sense though, blocking gunfire (which are still the primary weapons of TFs overall) and can be used as a weapon. The thing about blasters though is that more often than not, most of the Transformers can tank quite a few shots (not to mention they rarely get hit), because as their blasters get more dangerous, you have to assume that their armour gets stronger as well. On the other hand, melee weapons are always generally assumed to cut everything (just look at Star Wars, Jedi use lightsabers which not only cut through just about everything, but in the right hands are a superior weapon to blasters. hm, though you'd think using a bunch of blasters with the force would be a crazy amount of firepower. anyways), and when it comes to a close quarters fight, a melee weapon would be way better. Just look at the RotF fight scene. Dual sword Optimus tearing through the 3 Cons using their own guns against them, and what not.

But ya, I like melee weapons and I'm happy we're getting lots of them. On characters like Grimlock who's heavily armoured and super strong they're a fine primary weapon, but for the most part it's better if they're the swap out of a long range weapon, which is usually the ideal weapon set.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533258)
Posted by Lord Manhammer '74 on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:07pm CST
Maybe Hasbro, Speilberg, and Paramount are worried that if the kids see guns. The children will go nuts ,and start thinking it's a good idea to shoot up their schools. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533260)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:12pm CST
Megazarak wrote:and when it comes to a close quarters fight, a melee weapon would be way better. Just look at the RotF fight scene. Dual sword Optimus tearing through the 3 Cons using their own guns against them, and what not.



That's a great point. If all the TFs used guns solely, you'd never even see Autobots and Decepticons on the screen together. They'd be a mile apart, firing laser blasts back and forth.

If you want to apply "logic", they wouldn't even shoot at each other. They'd realize it would be much safer to stay safe in their base and fight each other with remote-controlled or autonomous drones. So let's see a TF cartoon where the TFs all sit in UAV control rooms all day. There's your "realistic" Transformers.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533261)
Posted by Flakmaster on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CST
SHELLFORMERS

LESS THAN APPEALS TO THE EYE

SHELLFORMERS

ROBOTS IN FETAL POSITIONS BENEATH VEHICLES


I must say, I do like the looks of his sword and shield, though. It's nice to see some silver detailing on transparent plastic, instead of a monochrome, dull translucent orange weapon like on ROTF leader Prime's blades.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533263)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:26pm CST
Not bad! But I don't see anything dethroning ROTF OP in my display anytime soon. I'm reluctant to buy any more Bayverse figures unless they're really cool or represent a G1 character, so I might be largely skipping this line. Grimlock and 'Hound' will hopefully be good enough to warrant a purchase.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533265)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:27pm CST
on the subject of melee weapons, I like them. you get a much more dynamic fight scene using melee weapons than ye do a gunfight. just compare any given western to any given samurai film. similar plot and characters (sometimes identical yojimbo/fist full of dollars)
that said, i wish we'd see more variety in melee weapons we've seen plenty of swords and shields, and axes. where are the spears and halberds? where are the throwing knives/stars, where are the nunchuku, scythes, hammers, and whips?

also, the figure looks pretty badass, the optimistic half of my cautious optimism is growing.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533268)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:47pm CST
cool
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533270)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 4th, 2013 @ 12:51pm CST
the sword looks cool but thats about it, i still think this is the worst looking optimus model to date and that backpack kills it even more. And seeing that 15 step thing worries me, im all for easy & quick transformations but not at the cost of s potentially great figure & sometimes over complicated will make a crap figure grand. Also curious as to what class this figure is, cant be leader cause we've seen that so maybe voyager? Weapons are to detailed for deluxe.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533272)
Posted by onewaydown on December 4th, 2013 @ 1:03pm CST
Why does all the background stuff talk about Grimlock? "Grimlock Class 01 Destroyer" and the pic of the dino head up on the top left and foot over to the bottom left. Might be a sword/axe behind his left leg.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533274)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 4th, 2013 @ 1:10pm CST
onewaydown wrote:Why does all the background stuff talk about Grimlock? "Grimlock Class 01 Destroyer" and the pic of the dino head up on the top left and foot over to the bottom left. Might be a sword/axe behind his left leg.


Despite what the OP says, I'm guessing this picture appears on the packaging for the Grimlock figure, not "another OP". TF packaging doesn't typically advertise figures from other size classes, so I doubt you'd see a picture of one OP on the packaging for a different OP.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533276)
Posted by Va'al on December 4th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
onewaydown wrote:Why does all the background stuff talk about Grimlock? "Grimlock Class 01 Destroyer" and the pic of the dino head up on the top left and foot over to the bottom left. Might be a sword/axe behind his left leg.


Despite what the OP says, I'm guessing this picture appears on the packaging for the Grimlock figure, not "another OP". TF packaging doesn't typically advertise figures from other size classes, so I doubt you'd see a picture of one OP on the packaging for a different OP.



That is a very distinct possibility. Unfortunately it was posted as is, with no additional information. :(
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533277)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 4th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CST
Va'al wrote:That is a very distinct possibility. Unfortunately it was posted as is, with no additional information. :(


Just FYI: I wasn't accusing you of posting false information. I only meant to point out that the description of where this picture came from (your source) might be incorrect. I don't want you to think I was, like, calling you out or anything.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533279)
Posted by Va'al on December 4th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
Va'al wrote:That is a very distinct possibility. Unfortunately it was posted as is, with no additional information. :(


Just FYI: I wasn't accusing you of posting false information. I only meant to point out that the description of where this picture came from (your source) might be incorrect. I don't want you to think I was, like, calling you out or anything.


Oh, I know, not to worry! Just clarifying why I wrote what I wrote. :D

The packaging, in fact, even claims Grimlock's class is Destroyer - whether this is a new size class or 'in-story' tech spec, I do not know. :-?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533280)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 4th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CST
Looks a little better than the last one we saw.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533287)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 4th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CST
Lookin' good. I'll check out reviews and see whether or not I will use him as my default live-action Optimus. :-?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533289)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 4th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CST
xyl360 wrote:It also reminds me of Rodimus a bit because of those pipes.


Repaint! Repaint, repaint, REPAINT!!!

From the image, it doesn't look like an improvement over RoTF/DoTM Prime, but I do like the fact that we're getting something new. I'm probably gonna pass on it, unless it really impresses me in-hand at the store. However, I think it would look badass in red with yellow flames. So, if there would ever be a Rodimus repaint (with probably a new head) I would be all over it. It's like a Leader Class version of Energon Rodimus.

Also, I think the 15 steps are for this figure, not Grimlock. Strangely, even though "Destroyer Class" implies it being bigger than Leader Class, I think Grimlock's transformation will be simpler than Prime's. Just a hunch.

As for the melee weapon vs. gun debate, I think it's right for them to stay with the sword and shield. Movie Prime has had an edge-weapon characteristic since the beginning and it works for him. Why change it? Yeah, he had a BFG in DoTM and it was fine, but all his major kills came via the swords/axe. Except for Sentinel, and even for that he didn't use his own gun. Having said that, I think it would be awesome if Prime kept Megatron's shotgun from DoTM as his own. Kinda like a trophy.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533292)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 4th, 2013 @ 2:16pm CST
eh, the CGI model looks better. the toy is "ok" but i will be damned if that is not the best sword i have ever seen with a transformer.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533293)
Posted by megatronus on December 4th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CST
I think this will make a better Alpha Trion custom than Sentinel Prime!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533297)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 4th, 2013 @ 2:21pm CST
This looks MUCH better.

Rated X wrote:Im so sick of swords, shields, battle axes, etc. Bring back the guns...


Swords and shields are much more badass than guns.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533304)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 4th, 2013 @ 3:22pm CST
Looks like this Optimus suffers a lot of the same problems as the other one. Bit of a shell-former and he's got a giant backpack, but the alt mode looks decent.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533306)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on December 4th, 2013 @ 3:25pm CST
So did Western Star allow Bay to use their logo on the truck mode? Peterbilt didn't, kinda stupid of them...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533310)
Posted by Rated X on December 4th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CST
Lord Manhammer '74 wrote:Maybe Hasbro, Speilberg, and Paramount are worried that if the kids see guns. The children will go nuts ,and start thinking it's a good idea to shoot up their schools. :HEADHURTS:



And I suppose knives are alot harder for school children to gain access to if they decide to go postal ??? :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533315)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on December 4th, 2013 @ 4:25pm CST
this sorry excuse for a toy is as ugly as a monkey's ass... :evil:

I miss the look from previous movies.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533327)
Posted by autobot1979 on December 4th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CST
I think the CGI in the screen will look pretty cool, but the toy will be very distant of the film. And it is for all characters.
It is a very hard design, is not bad, ii is just not Optimus Prime. If someone took away Batman`s bat on his chest, or Super-man`s big "S", or Spider-man`s Spider on his chest, all of them will get mischaracterized.
All of them have their mark, Optimus is the windows on his chest, that`s make his recognized brand.
:BOT:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533328)
Posted by First-Aid on December 4th, 2013 @ 5:33pm CST
Rated X wrote:
Lord Manhammer '74 wrote:Maybe Hasbro, Speilberg, and Paramount are worried that if the kids see guns. The children will go nuts ,and start thinking it's a good idea to shoot up their schools. :HEADHURTS:



And I suppose knives are alot harder for school children to gain access to if they decide to go postal ??? :HEADHURTS:


They don't need either. They have the all-powerful SPORK! :BOOM:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533330)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 4th, 2013 @ 5:49pm CST
autobot1979 wrote:I think the CGI in the screen will look pretty cool, but the toy will be very distant of the film. And it is for all characters.
It is a very hard design, is not bad, ii is just not Optimus Prime. If someone took away Batman`s bat on his chest, or Super-man`s big "S", or Spider-man`s Spider on his chest, all of them will get mischaracterized.
All of them have their mark, Optimus is the windows on his chest, that`s make his recognized brand.
:BOT:


No, Optimus has an Autobot symbol.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533331)
Posted by Mykltron on December 4th, 2013 @ 6:00pm CST
Va'al wrote:We had seen the Leader class toy before


There is no way that was a leader class. It was WAY too small. Deluxe at most.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533339)
Posted by Actar on December 4th, 2013 @ 7:45pm CST
I can understand that these are toys for kids and they are trying to make them as uncomplicated as possible, but I really do love complicated transformations. ROTF prime was an amazing figure and one of my all-time favorites. Looking at the trends, it saddens me to think that getting a figure as ingeniously designed and as accurate as ROTF Prime would be impossible...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533349)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 4th, 2013 @ 9:00pm CST
Actar wrote:I can understand that these are toys for kids and they are trying to make them as uncomplicated as possible, but I really do love complicated transformations. ROTF prime was an amazing figure and one of my all-time favorites. Looking at the trends, it saddens me to think that getting a figure as ingeniously designed and as accurate as ROTF Prime would be impossible...


Sad but true. ROTF Prime at least had visible car parts that the toy designer could try to find ways of realigning into an alt mode. While we haven't yet seen any full-body pics of AOE OP, it's pretty obvious that he'll have next to no car parts on his limbs or torso.

So the question is, where does it all go?

Well, in CGI, it's easily solved with camera angles where they either rotate out of view, or disappear behind the bot during transformation, or simply fold into the torso as seen in DOTM Megatron's transformation.

In AOE OP's case, the back of the fig is the only place it could possibly go in order to maintain a level of screen-accuracy.

Truth is, it's perfectly fine as a toy designed for kids, who focus on playability and fun more than accuracy. For adult collectors, though...actually, it depends on what kind of collector you are.

Personally, I view my TF's more as display items than toys, so the less-than-accurate bot mode is not my cup of tea (unless the CGI model also stores all his car parts on his back, which I doubt.) I'd settle for a DMK kit, though--the design itself is quite nice.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533350)
Posted by primematrix1986 on December 4th, 2013 @ 9:22pm CST
I actually like it. I think the simplistic look reminds me of movie one leader Optimus Prime. The chrome is a nice edition too. I don't know, these simplistic transformations could be a bad thing or a good thing.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533353)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 4th, 2013 @ 10:26pm CST
Rated X wrote:Im so sick of swords, shields, battle axes, etc. Bring back the guns...


Not just the guns... THE gun! Bring back Optimus Prime's gun. You know, that iconic, kick-ass rifle that had the glint of sunlight flicker off it as Prime went to pick it up and level it at Megatron (after soundly kicking his ass) way back when.
I could care less that his body style has changed over the years, well... up until now at least. This new iteration looks like the south end of a north-bound Dinobot. But the very least they could do, out of respect for the fans and for the character itself, is give him his recognizable, iconic, BFG!

Hell, even that neutered pea-shooter that comes with Orion Pax was at least SOME kind of attempt and likely meant to be the first incarnation of what would eventually be Primes guns (which only makes sense) but it's the first figure in ages where they even made half a try. It's like remaking Dirty Harry and not giving him a 44 Magnum. Who cares if 50 cal handguns are on the market now, that 44 Mag. just fits him...PERIOD!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533354)
Posted by SlyTF1 on December 4th, 2013 @ 10:30pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:
Rated X wrote:Im so sick of swords, shields, battle axes, etc. Bring back the guns...


Not just the guns... THE gun! Bring back Optimus Prime's gun. You know, that iconic, kick-ass rifle that had the glint of sunlight flicker off it as Prime went to pick it up and level it at Megatron (after soundly kicking his ass) way back when.
I could care less that his body style has changed over the years, well... up until now at least. This new iteration looks like the south end of a north-bound Dinobot. But the very least they could do, out of respect for the fans and for the character itself, is give him his recognizable, iconic, BFG!

Hell, even that neutered pea-shooter that comes with Orion Pax was at least SOME kind of attempt and likely meant to be the first incarnation of what would eventually be Primes guns (which only makes sense) but it's the first figure in ages where they even made half a try. It's like remaking Dirty Harry and not giving him a 44 Magnum. Who cares if 50 cal handguns are on the market now, that 44 Mag. just fits him...PERIOD!


Things change.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533356)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 4th, 2013 @ 10:48pm CST
Niiiiiiice. I wonder what class the toy with only 15 steps will be?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533379)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 5th, 2013 @ 5:41am CST
Guys, this should answer your question... This is the Leader Class figure, right here: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ime/28556/

Image

The one in question in this thread is not the same figure.

Now, I'm openminded, it could be a case of getting the classes wrong. The newest figure we've seen could be the Leader and this could be a Voyager or something.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533380)
Posted by Va'al on December 5th, 2013 @ 5:50am CST
Mykltron wrote:
Va'al wrote:We had seen the Leader class toy before


There is no way that was a leader class. It was WAY too small. Deluxe at most.


As has been said, it was advertised as Leader class. They may have been wrong. :D

Also, in addition to Autobot032's post above, the Seibertron gallery of the NYCC coverage, with lots of photos of the supposed Leader class: www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?e ... 0&start=50.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533381)
Posted by Mykltron on December 5th, 2013 @ 6:07am CST
Va'al wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Va'al wrote:We had seen the Leader class toy before


There is no way that was a leader class. It was WAY too small. Deluxe at most.


As has been said, it was advertised as Leader class. They may have been wrong. :D

Also, in addition to Autobot032's post above, the Seibertron gallery of the NYCC coverage, with lots of photos of the supposed Leader class: http://www.seibertron.com/events/galler ... 0&start=50.


I know all that, and I'm telling you it's not as big as the smallest leader class figure released so far. Look at the size of the pins. Somewhere I posted a fig of Ryan standing with that figure and it looks to be about 6 inches tall.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533388)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 5th, 2013 @ 6:28am CST
Mykltron wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Mykltron wrote:
Va'al wrote:We had seen the Leader class toy before


There is no way that was a leader class. It was WAY too small. Deluxe at most.


As has been said, it was advertised as Leader class. They may have been wrong. :D

Also, in addition to Autobot032's post above, the Seibertron gallery of the NYCC coverage, with lots of photos of the supposed Leader class: http://www.seibertron.com/events/galler ... 0&start=50.


I know all that, and I'm telling you it's not as big as the smallest leader class figure released so far. Look at the size of the pins. Somewhere I posted a fig of Ryan standing with that figure and it looks to be about 6 inches tall.


I remember that pic. He's way too small to be Leader Class. For the sake of argument, let's say that the Comic Con one IS the Leader Class, then they really dropped the ball, because this figure looks much much better than that mess I linked everyone to.

To me, it feels more like a Leader, look at all the thinner panels, how the backpack (or at least it seems...) folds up tighter. The previous one is an absolute mess, even when transformed correctly.

No, I think they swapped these. I think we've yet to see the Leader Class. (and if we have, well then I'm pretty @#$! disappointed.)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533471)
Posted by Kibble on December 5th, 2013 @ 3:12pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Optimus Prime Leaked Image (1533787)
Posted by autobot1979 on December 7th, 2013 @ 9:22pm CST
This now is a Leader Class, if you compare with the previous pic, the sword is different and the shield is different at this time. The previous is simple this one has more details. That one is a Leader and the previous for sure is a voyager.

Click here to view an additional 77 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014