Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed

Saturday, November 30th, 2013 1:32PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 59,242

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of the forums over at 78.dm website, we get a look at three toys from the upcoming movie line. The figures, an armored truck called Duke (probably Hound), a two-headed creature called Paulie (probably Swoop, Strafe or Pteradon) and a Bumblebee called Bumblebee, seem to be Legends or Legion or Scout class, though they could also be very simplified Deluxes. Check out the images below!

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed
Credit(s): 78.dm
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532605)
Posted by Noideaforaname on November 30th, 2013 @ 1:34pm CST
"Paulie" looks awesome! I kinda want a BH Predacon repaint, to go along with Cyberverse Predaking and the Terrorcons (assuming this is a Cyberverse toy, or the character also gets a Cyberverse toy), but I also kinda want a different Predacon repaint:


Bumblebee looks like every other Bumblebee (and reeeeeeeeeally simple), and "Duke" almost looks human. How does he transform? Turn inside out?




I really hope these are Cyberverse, and not Deluxes...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532608)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 30th, 2013 @ 1:38pm CST
They look more like Fast Action Battlers than Legends or Deluxes.

That third image is obviously Hound. But how come he, along with Two-Head, are labeled Duke and Paulie? :???:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532610)
Posted by Noideaforaname on November 30th, 2013 @ 1:41pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:They look more like Fast Action Battlers than Legends or Deluxes.

I remember saying that about DotM Voyager Optimus Prime.


[quote]That third image is obviously Hound. But how come he, along with Two-Head, are labeled Duke and Paulie? :???:[/quote]
To combat leaks, I assume. DotM concept art labeled Megatron as "Cyclonus" for that reason.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532615)
Posted by RhA on November 30th, 2013 @ 1:53pm CST
I am getting very curious about the designs in this movie. Obviously these are simplitic versions of what is yet to come... But I feel this is promising. Especially 'Hound' looks cool. So- Uhm... MORE!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532616)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 30th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CST
Apparently, Two-Head/Paulie's actual name is "Strafe", or at least that's what TFW2005's saying.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ys-178866/
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532619)
Posted by Dr Va'al on November 30th, 2013 @ 2:19pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Apparently, Two-Head/Paulie's actual name is "Strafe", or at least that's what TFW2005's saying.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ys-178866/



Modified the post a little. Also, don't always believe TFW2005.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532620)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 30th, 2013 @ 2:20pm CST
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Apparently, Two-Head/Paulie's actual name is "Strafe", or at least that's what TFW2005's saying.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ys-178866/



Modified the post a little. Also, don't always believe TFW2005.


That's why I said, "or at least that's what TFW2005's saying.". ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532622)
Posted by Dr Va'al on November 30th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Apparently, Two-Head/Paulie's actual name is "Strafe", or at least that's what TFW2005's saying.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ys-178866/



Modified the post a little. Also, don't always believe TFW2005.


That's why I said, "or at least that's what TFW2005's saying.". ;)


[-(
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532623)
Posted by Rated X on November 30th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CST
Duke looks like a garden nome with his beard. The 2 headed swoop is just plain wrong. And Bumblebee...well he's Bumblebee.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532624)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 30th, 2013 @ 2:28pm CST
Bumblebee is the only one that looks half way descent but i really hope these are cyberverse or the return of FABs cause if those are deluxes or voyagers thats pretty sad.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532630)
Posted by sabrigami on November 30th, 2013 @ 3:05pm CST
so glad there is a Swoop type character. My general dislike for movie toys aside things are looking up. Can't go wrong with dinosaurs :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532634)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 30th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CST
Only in Michael Bay's mind can he tell us that boxy vehicles can't be / aren't realistic looking for movies, then make robots with facial hair.

That's just dumb.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532635)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 30th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:Only in Michael Bay's mind can he tell us that boxy vehicles can't be / aren't realistic looking for movies, then make robots with facial hair.

That's just dumb.


And why can't they have facial hair?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532636)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 30th, 2013 @ 4:14pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Only in Michael Bay's mind can he tell us that boxy vehicles can't be / aren't realistic looking for movies, then make robots with facial hair.

That's just dumb.


And why can't they have facial hair?


I think what he's trying to say is that if boxy vehicles aren't realistic enough, then why make robots with facial hair (ex: Jetfire and Sentinel Prime).
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532637)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 30th, 2013 @ 4:17pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Only in Michael Bay's mind can he tell us that boxy vehicles can't be / aren't realistic looking for movies, then make robots with facial hair.

That's just dumb.


And why can't they have facial hair?


I think what he's trying to say is that if boxy vehicles aren't realistic enough, then why make robots with facial hair (ex: Jetfire and Sentinel Prime).


Because they can have facial hair. Vehicle parts (or fiber optics, or whatever) coming together to form something that resembles facial hair is a lot more realistic than cars that transform into a series of boxes.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532638)
Posted by TimothyR on November 30th, 2013 @ 4:22pm CST
i see a bunch of metallic colors.. odd.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532641)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 30th, 2013 @ 4:41pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Only in Michael Bay's mind can he tell us that boxy vehicles can't be / aren't realistic looking for movies, then make robots with facial hair.

That's just dumb.


And why can't they have facial hair?


I think what he's trying to say is that if boxy vehicles aren't realistic enough, then why make robots with facial hair (ex: Jetfire and Sentinel Prime).


Because they can have facial hair. Vehicle parts (or fiber optics, or whatever) coming together to form something that resembles facial hair is a lot more realistic than cars that transform into a series of boxes.



Uh.. Wat?

Because they can? Yeah that's a relevant answer.

I'm not going to debate what's more "realistic" about Alien
Robot transformers in fiction.

It's just dumb.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532647)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 30th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CST
To me it doesn't look like facial hair as much as how early Pretenders' chest armor would come up and obscure part of their face. Landmine would've been a more appropriate fake name for this guy than Duke.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532653)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on November 30th, 2013 @ 6:29pm CST
These don't look like small figures, I think this is Hasbro's solution to the complexity problems. I honestly don't think that Transformers were too complex, hell I was probably 11 when I first started buying ROTF toys, I hardly had any problems. What I think was happening is that parents were buying their 5 year olds ROTF Leader Prime. So either Hasbro should start emphasizing that those toys aren't for young kids, or make simpler toys. Clearly they made that decision, and I can't say I disagree. Kids my age and younger are increasingly not into toys. That only leaves the under 10 group. I have a question, the complexity during late Beast Wars was easily comparable to more recent TFs, did anyone hear complaints? I think that only because of the smartphone era hasbro, that is simply having to market these complex toys to increasingly younger demographics. So could that mean a disappearance of complex toys? I honestly think that with a shrinking window of Transformers buyers collectors are becoming more significant. although it is obviously the 30th anniversary, it is still relevant to point out that those toys aren't marketed to kids, they're for us. So If I can make a prediction I say that we'll continue to see that kind of stuff marketed towards us alongside the normal stuff (With the exception of during movies).

However something still leaves me frustrated, the movies try to create extremely complex designs despite the need to make simple toys. The bastard results are often disappointing. I say that the need for simplicity should inform the design process. What we have seems lazy and poorly thought out.

As for the future of simplicity, does anyone else think that they should be doing something closer to Fansproject's Retro Future theme? Modern engineering, interesting gimmicks, however simple in it's execution. If they're trying to replicate G1, why aren't they looking at those toys and simply trying to improve those concepts with modern knowledge. What they're doing is just taking ridiculously complex designs and trying to reduce them to a 5 year old's comprehension. It just doesn't work well. Any ideas?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Attackers Figures Revealed (1532658)
Posted by primematrix1986 on November 30th, 2013 @ 6:59pm CST
I hope those are not deluxes. The Leader Optimus Prime doesn't look like a million dollars, but it somehow reminds me of the first movie leader Optimus Prime because of how simplistic it looks. I am still debating on it, but I don't plan on getting the full like this time around.

Ending Soon On eBay

new!TRANSFORMERS PE PC-02 PC02 UPGRADE SET PURPLE Ver For MENASOR Combiner Wars - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 14 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Prime First Edition Terrorcon Cliffjumper - Deluxe - New, Sealed - Time Remaining: 4 days 59 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Generations / Reveal the Shield - G2 Optimus Prime - New, Sealed - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 29 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Generations / Reveal the Shield - Perceptor - Deluxe - New, Sealed! - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 44 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee & Spike MP-08 2016 SDCC Exclusive TRU New - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 20 seconds
Transformers Reveal the Shield Solar Storm Grappel / Grapple - Classics - New - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 30 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers LUNARFIRE OPTIMUS PRIME mechtech exclusive lot x2 dark of the moon - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 48 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Vintage G1 Predacon Predaking Divebomb 100% complete + comic #18 - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 4 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016