Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed

Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 3:08PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,959

To coincide with Earth Day, the official Transformers Facebook page has revealed Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap, a Decepticon garbage truck is a collaboration with Waste Management. Fans will remember one the Decepticon soldier in Transformers: Dark of the Moon scanned a garbage truck during the final battle in Chicago. A similar garbage truck was during the filming of Transformers: Age of Extinction, but has yet to be revealed as an actual Transformer. Check out the image mirrored below:

In celebration of Earth Day, we’ve partnered with Waste Management to bring you an exclusive reveal of a new toy based on a character from Transformers: Age of Extinction — Junkheap. Power Battler Junkheap features a crushing attack claw that when activated can turn Autobots into scrap! Look for this figure on shelves this fall.

Transformers News: Re: Official Age of Extinction Products Discussion Thread
Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567572)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:10pm CDT
It's another of Galvatron's posse:

Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567573)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:15pm CDT
He just HAD to be one of those one-step gimmicky figures...

You'd think he'd have just been a reshell of one of the various Long Hauls, given that he's basically him.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567580)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:30pm CDT
Might as well merge this thread , i should have put it in the AOE thread but i wasn't sure about it .

I hope this gets a Voyager i've been wanting one since DOTM .
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567581)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:34pm CDT
craggy wrote:I like the colours. What was a Power Battler again?

I think it's just like a fast action battler ?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567583)
Posted by ScottyP on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:37pm CDT
Autobot Genocide wrote:
craggy wrote:I like the colours. What was a Power Battler again?

I think it's just like a fast action battler ?

Basically that, yep. Although I'd expect to see way more of these out than Generations movie stuff, since the simpler stuff seems to be more of their focus.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567585)
Posted by Mkall on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:42pm CDT
I've always wanted a garbage truck TF. But I don't want garbage TFs. I may hold out hope for a deluxe version of this guy somewhere down the line.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567586)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:45pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I've always wanted a garbage truck TF.
What about Animated Wreck-Gar?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567589)
Posted by Mkall on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mkall wrote:I've always wanted a garbage truck TF.
What about Animated Wreck-Gar?

Doesn't fit my collecting style. At least these new movie figs are close to the aesthetics I like.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567591)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Maybe it's just the recent GoBot DVD news, but since the action feature is apparently the rear CHOMPing, it really seems like this guy should be called Flytrap.

Only other garbage truck TF is Animated Wreck Gar, but a few years prior, when all those KOs of Armada bendy-Prime with different trailers hit Big Lots shortly before the Big-Crackdown, the only one I bothered with as the yellow garbage truck with a sticker proclaiming, "Super Truck-tor" on the sides. Since then, I've wanted an official TF with that alt in every universe. This guy should do well with anyone enamored with the flying garbage truck in the Lego Movie finale.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567592)
Posted by Black Hat on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567605)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on April 22nd, 2014 @ 4:25pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:I'm pretty sure we'll get a proper figure soon. Perhaps they're releasing all the simpler stuff first so they have more time to work on the more complex figures and make sure they're up to scratch.

you can't imagine how I have hope on that, so far all this toys already released are nothing but kid's toys. I will wait as well for real collection figures like they always bring to us. ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567619)
Posted by ILL-Star on April 22nd, 2014 @ 5:18pm CDT
Looking at the truck upside down, it does appear as if his head is identical to Long Haul's. His does look a little more long and sharp in appearance though.

If we don't get him in the Generations line, I'll probably pick this up.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567626)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 22nd, 2014 @ 5:27pm CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:

As far as we know, Generations Grimlock, High Octane Bumblebee, Crosshairs, Scorn and Slug are all the more 'complex' figures. As opposed to the Flip and Change, Smash and Change, One Step and the such. :D
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567628)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 22nd, 2014 @ 5:29pm CDT
If there's no proper version of this design and it looks good, I might pick it up
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567703)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 22nd, 2014 @ 9:19pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote: ...but since the action feature is apparently the rear CHOMPing, it really seems like this guy should be called Flytrap.

Probably better that than Butt-Munch but hey, I call them as I see them and I tend to see things a bit skewed.

I have to admit I was excited to see news of this figure although it would have been nice to have actually gotten one in the DotM line when we FIRST saw it have screen time instead of 3 years later!! Also it will certainly be nice to see this in the actual shrunken Deluxe class instead of in the sub-line that I won't touch with a 10 foot cattle prod but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. So, despite the initial coolness of the concept my figure count still stands at potentially 1 for the movie line and Hasbro now has two more strikes against them in my book for bone-headed moves.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567706)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 9:26pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I have to admit I was excited to see news of this figure although it would have been nice to have actually gotten one in the DotM line when we FIRST saw it have screen time instead of 3 years later!!
You do realize that this garbage truck robot will be in the AOE movie, right?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567713)
Posted by Flashwave on April 22nd, 2014 @ 9:39pm CDT
[quote]Sure would be nice to display this figure on my shelf next to Dispensor... Oh, that's right! I don't have one of those because Hasbro US dropped the ball on that one. I have to pay an exorbitant amount of money to have one shipped from Japan once it's released 7 YEARS AFTER THE FACT![/quote] Realjze something, Dispensor was not a Hasbro call, that was something the CGI deprtment did as a whimsy. Hasbro didnt know it was there until they saw the prescreening. Two years to develop, tool, and produce, the best we coulda done was a repaint in ROTF.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567825)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on April 23rd, 2014 @ 7:42am CDT
hope he gets a voyager class toy...

Sabrblade wrote:It's another of Galvatron's posse:

thanks for the video
for some reason, I dont get why bee, who leads the rest of the aubots, has to suddenly make a 360 degrees burnout before he gets going again...?

looking forward to this movie...
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1567911)
Posted by NovaSentinel on April 23rd, 2014 @ 12:21pm CDT
Deathscythetransform wrote:

Because :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Power Battler Junkheap Revealed (1568113)
Posted by El Duque on April 24th, 2014 @ 12:24am CDT
We now have clearer images of the recently revealed Lawson exclusive G1 Deco Transformers: Age of Extinction Voyager Grimlock courtesy of Autobase Aichi. He joins the previously reported G1 deco Slug. Check 'em out below:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Grimlock Figure MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 55 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Rescue Bots OPTIMUS PRIME & GRIMLOCK (Mr. Potato Head) New Sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 28 minutes 18 seconds
Takara Transformers MP-2 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus Cybertron City Commander MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 44 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers 2015 Generations Combiner Wars Series Legends Huffer & Blackjack - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 19 seconds
NEW Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Galvatron MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 1 minute 16 seconds
Transformers G1 Targetmaster Blurr - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 4 minutes 40 seconds
1989 G1 Generation One Takara Transformers Victory C-321 Laster Road Caeser MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 51 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 GALVATRON Action figure NOT COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 22 minutes 31 seconds
Website Security Test