Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots

Transformers News: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots

Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 9:02AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,941

Thanks to weibo user HarryHuo we have some Transformers: Age of Extinction product packaging mock-ups! The box inlay image reveals lots of Dinobots in their dinosaur modes: Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor, Pterodactyl, and Spinosaurus (you'll have to forgive us if those names aren't 100% species accurate, there are a lot of various dino subspecies!) As you can see this isn't the traditional Dinobot team. The outer box offers yet another look at Optimus Prime in his new body.

Check em out below:

Credit(s): weibo user HarryHuo
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540221)
Posted by njb902 on January 8th, 2014 @ 9:08am CST
Interesting, I wonder what the final number of dinobots will be.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540225)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 8th, 2014 @ 9:20am CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540227)
Posted by megatronus on January 8th, 2014 @ 9:25am CST
Dead Metal wrote:The box inlay reminds me a bit of the Jurassic Park 2 packaging, that also had loads of dino pics that highlighted body parts in a similar style.

I bet that was deliberate, even - only so many dino-movie comps out there to take your marketing cues from.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540230)
Posted by dreadwing95 on January 8th, 2014 @ 9:36am CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540235)
Posted by Cyborgraptor on January 8th, 2014 @ 10:06am CST

Grimlock- Tyrannosaurus

Slug- Triceratops

Strafe- Pterosaurs

Slash- Raptor

Scorn- Spinosaurus

No Stegosaur or Saurapod sadly, but whatever. Kids love vicious deadly carnivores better anyways!
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540238)
Posted by guarayakha on January 8th, 2014 @ 10:26am CST
Are the Dinobots all confirmed to be Autobots?

If so, the future seems bleak for the cons, eh? -Their leaders/2nd-in-command are dead, the Autobots hunt/kill them with no negotiations, and now angry humans and their man-made TFs + Cybertronian Dinos :lol:

Also, fun stuff pre-ROTF time, remember this poll?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/mov ... mers_N.htm
What are the odds for Magnus to appear in TF5/6? :-?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540239)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2014 @ 10:27am CST
Oh noes! They're not the GEEWUN Dino Modes! Cue mass hysterical fanrage!

...

What? :shock:

There's no anger over this here?

YAY! :D

For once, we get news about Movie changes that doesn't immediately summon a storm of irateness! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540240)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2014 @ 10:28am CST
guarayakha wrote:Also, fun stuff pre-ROTF time, remember this poll?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/mov ... mers_N.htm
What are the odds for Magnus to appear in TF5/6? :-?
In a way, he kinda already did, as the name "Ultra Magnus" was a pre-production name for DOTM Sentinel Prime.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540241)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2014 @ 10:29am CST
guarayakha wrote:Also, fun stuff pre-ROTF time, remember this poll?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/mov ... mers_N.htm
What are the odds for Magnus to appear in TF5/6? :-?
In a way, he kinda already did, as the name "Ultra Magnus" was an early working name for DOTM Sentinel Prime.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540243)
Posted by ScottyP on January 8th, 2014 @ 10:37am CST
SPIKES EVERYWHERE :michaelbay:

Seriously though, these dudes look fun. Pretty happy with this AoE stuff so far.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540251)
Posted by It Is Him on January 8th, 2014 @ 11:17am CST
This pleases me
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540254)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 8th, 2014 @ 11:30am CST
Despite what the writers of Jurassic Park would have you believe, Velociraptors were small dinosaurs, about the size of a chicken or a dog. That wouldn't make for a very imposing alt mode.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540255)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 8th, 2014 @ 11:31am CST
I'm ok with the look. No doubt the changes made make for better action and screen presence.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540258)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 8th, 2014 @ 11:34am CST
they're all spiky dinosaurs what else would you expect from bay, next question is are the names correct or is the raptor sludge & the spino snarl instead of dinobot & a new character?
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540259)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 8th, 2014 @ 11:34am CST
Cyborgraptor wrote:So from what we see here, I think we can finally tell who and what are the Movieverse Dinobots:

Grimlock- Tyrannosaurus

Slug- Triceratops

Strafe- Pterosaurs

Slash- Raptor

Scorn- Spinosaurus

Triceratops was an herbivore. :-B
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540260)
Posted by JazZeke on January 8th, 2014 @ 11:35am CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540261)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 8th, 2014 @ 11:36am CST
Man, that dinosaur packaging is awesome, makes me nostalgic for the old Jurassic Park stuff. Hope they make a poster or something of just that.

The rest of it is pretty damn boring, and I'm not really crazy about how much it seems it'll hide the actual toy.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540269)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 8th, 2014 @ 12:04pm CST
dreadwing95 wrote:i really like the design for the new dinobots. usually i would be kind of annoyed by a triceratops having stegosaurus spikes on his tail but really it makes him even more awesome
Hadn't thought about it myself, but considering how often Slag's been called Snarl over the past decade or so, I wonder if that's an intentional in-joke.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540277)
Posted by Cyborgraptor on January 8th, 2014 @ 12:29pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:

Grimlock- Tyrannosaurus

Slug- Triceratops

Strafe- Pterosaurs

Slash- Raptor

Scorn- Spinosaurus

Triceratops was an herbivore. :-B

Hey, you know what! You're right! Good thing I was just referring to the Snarl and Sludge alt modes we are not getting and not the five were are getting! that would have been embarrassing! :grin: :P
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540278)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 8th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CST
I have a feeling these Dinos will neither be Autobot nor Decepticon. I speculate and assume of course.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540279)
Posted by njb902 on January 8th, 2014 @ 12:38pm CST
MGrotusque wrote:I personally would have appreciated some visual confirmation of a proper Stegosaurus so at least i could name it Snarl in my own wee mind.

Hell they could even end up being the bad guys of the movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540293)
Posted by partholon on January 8th, 2014 @ 1:55pm CST
sad there no sludge or snarl but i suppose if you think about it sludge would be ridiculously large and take away from grimlock - who's clearly meant to be the WOW character of the line.

and with snarl if he's the spinosaurus he's fuking ugly , which'd tie in to his G1 opinion of his alt mode.

i still expect bay to fuk this up as ive no faith in him doing a good job on this franchise but at least it looks like im getting a half decent grimlock toy.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540295)
Posted by njb902 on January 8th, 2014 @ 2:03pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Oh noes! They're not the GEEWUN Dino Modes! Cue mass hysterical fanrage!

...

What? :shock:

There's no anger over this here?

YAY! :D

It's heeeeeere
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540296)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2014 @ 2:06pm CST
njb902 wrote:It's heeeeeere
Not in abundance, though. More of a drizzle than a storm. ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540299)
Posted by TimothyR on January 8th, 2014 @ 2:30pm CST
guarayakha wrote:Are the Dinobots all confirmed to be Autobots?

Also, fun stuff pre-ROTF time, remember this poll?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/mov ... mers_N.htm
What are the odds for Magnus to appear in TF5/6? :-?

no negotiations.. have you ever been in war before? .. do you think militaries everywhere negotiate with their enemies before they're killed? .. get off it.. seriously.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540313)
Posted by philswitch engage on January 8th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CST
JazZeke wrote:I'm rather disappointed by the dinosaur choices. T-rex, raptor, AND spinosaurus? That's too many with the same basic body shape.

I agree. That's one of the reasons I loved the powercore combiner dinobots. Lots of new dino shapes.

The art on this does look nice. Let's hope the toys look halfway decent.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540322)
Posted by MeGrimlock1977 on January 8th, 2014 @ 6:22pm CST
Am I huge G1 fan..yes..but Im sort of glad the more agile dinos were chosen for a fast paced movie...just makes sense.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540326)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 8th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CST
these dinobots will be a big money maker for hasbro
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540328)
Posted by njb902 on January 8th, 2014 @ 6:52pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:these dinobots will be a big money maker for hasbro

I do believe you are right. I think kids are going to gobble these up, along with the collectors. My only concern is availability, I hope Hasbro cranks these out like lemmings falling over a cliff.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540366)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 8th, 2014 @ 9:42pm CST

...

What? :shock:

There's no anger over this here?

YAY! :D

Actually... I'm more than a little irritated that the Brontosaurus (Sludge) is lacking from the line-up but since 1) Very little makes me happy anyways, 2)Everyone knows by now that I'm not a fan of this new movie and 3) I know I have no support on this whatsoever, I'm going to let the streak stand as unbroken.

Now when a serious fan of this upcoming movie decides to voice their complaints and go all G1 butt-hurt on us, THEN you can consider the streak broken. :P
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540372)
Posted by DinobotSix on January 8th, 2014 @ 10:38pm CST

I think it's a mistake, but then I'm not a Bayformer fan, so...
*shrug* I'll enjoy it as much as I can, for what it is.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540375)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 8th, 2014 @ 10:54pm CST
DinobotSix wrote:Sludge would certainly have been welcome. Especially after he was also left out of WFC. =\
FOC, but the comics gave him some time in the limelight. "Beast Hunters issue 2" was virtually "Spotlight: Sludge". ;)
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540410)
Posted by Grimlock Predaking on January 9th, 2014 @ 3:03am CST
I am really happy that my favourite dinosaur Spinosaurus will be appearing in this movie and I hope they release a great toy but I am displeased that Sludge or Snarl will not show up but I am not going to finalize it because there might be another product box of Decepticon as this product box shows Autobot with Snarl and Sludge and some more Dinobots. But I am really excited about this movie.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540424)
Posted by guarayakha on January 9th, 2014 @ 5:12am CST
TimothyR wrote:
guarayakha wrote:Are the Dinobots all confirmed to be Autobots?

Also, fun stuff pre-ROTF time, remember this poll?
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/mov ... mers_N.htm
What are the odds for Magnus to appear in TF5/6? :-?

Do you think the President of USA will throw the Earth into a blackhole, killing every life in it in order to save the Martians from a crazy terrorist faction, who are revealed to be enslaving/harvesting Martians to save Earth? Because that's how ridiculous DOTM is and it's totally ridiculous to compare with real life military actions; the stakes are waaaay too different. Optimus killed both con leaders(with Megs offering a truce), he should at least offer the lesser cons a chance to surrender, especially when he considered freedom to be the right of all sentient beings.

Sideways, a con, running for his life, no weapons drawn, not even retaliating. Gets shot at and cut in half. RIP Sideways.

...I guess shouldn't have overanalyze the movie in the 1st place #-o :HEADHURTS: :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540516)
Posted by RhA on January 9th, 2014 @ 11:27am CST
[youtube][/youtube]

Most Autobots are like, cars and stuff. Windshield, hood, 4 wheels... Basically the same thing over and over again for... 30 years.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1540550)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 9th, 2014 @ 1:28pm CST
Many Autobots and Decepticons not only share the same basic body type, they actually share the exact same vehicle make and model, just in different colors. If we can tolerate that, I think we can tolerate three Dinobots that are all bipedal.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1541097)
Posted by Valandar on January 11th, 2014 @ 7:35am CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1541100)
Posted by RhA on January 11th, 2014 @ 7:53am CST
Valandar wrote:Who says that 'raptor' is a Velociraptor? It might be a Utahraptor, over 20' long and more than half a ton (polar bear sized).

People know their dinosaurs from Jurassic Park, that's why.
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1541171)
Posted by MaverickPrime on January 11th, 2014 @ 3:10pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age of Extinction Product Box Imagery Reveals Dinobots (1541188)
Posted by njb902 on January 11th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CST
MaverickPrime wrote:I will judge when I see the toys, so at this point I'm feeling open-minded about them being new dinosaurs and new characters/names, but I do have one question...Strafe? Why Strafe and not Swoop? Did they lose the name or something? I'm not angry, I honestly don't know if there is a reason or if they have said something about this.

That is an interesting question. I don't believe they have said anything about why.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson