Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery

Transformers News: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery

Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 7:56PM CST

Categories: Media, Movie News, Site News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 50,499

In case you weren't already excited out of your Pretender shells after seeing the Transformers: Age of Extinction trailer - which you can watch again here - Seibertron.com is happy to offer a gallery of frame-by-frame screen caps! Click on any of the images below to view the full sequence.

Transformers News: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screencaps

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547508)
Posted by dreadwing95 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:07pm CST
anyone notice how optimus looks kind of looks like sentinel now?
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547509)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:10pm CST
Could Grimlock be the basis for all the "dragon" lore in China? At least thats how I see the plot pointing to.

Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547510)
Posted by spongedude93 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:16pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:And yes, Prime gets injured (his old DOTM body) but he seems to look different by the time he rides Gimlock(?). More like the FE fig being sold in Singapore.

It looks to me like the Optimus getting shot is AOE OP
I can tell by the crotch ;)
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547512)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:26pm CST
So is it safe to say the Dinobots will be similar to their cartoon personas in this film, where they're pretty much just big and stupid?
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547514)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:31pm CST
spongedude93 wrote:

It looks to me like the Optimus getting shot is AOE OP
I can tell by the crotch ;)

Yeah, the only DOTM body sighting seemed to be near the end. The initial shot, him getting shot, him captive on (Lockdown's?) ship, and him riding Grimlock are all in the AOE body.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547516)
Posted by jos3m on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:37pm CST
I like how the new optimus design represent the iconic window chest, changing it to a double red pieces, in all that blue it works awesome, the optimus flip over appear to be the rusty truck, and at the same time, in one of the images of the products of the uk toy fair, you can see the face of optimus and the forehead is damage, as in dotm.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547517)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:38pm CST
Looks to me a galvatron hunting autobots at the point of extinction... is that the corpse of optimus hunging down into decepticons hands?
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547518)
Posted by spongedude93 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:42pm CST
Autobot Megatron wrote:
spongedude93 wrote:

It looks to me like the Optimus getting shot is AOE OP
I can tell by the crotch ;)

You mean this shot?
tew.PNG

Who I believe may or may not be related to this guy?
1391391549332.jpg
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547519)
Posted by tonedef on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:44pm CST
Really liking what I see. Shots don't look 100% complete (like they're missing some lighting / reflection effects or something???) but still, holy crap, its looking like an epic movie.
I want grimlock movie masterpiece NOW!!! :shock:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547523)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 2nd, 2014 @ 8:53pm CST
I could watch this all day, even with the missing bit in the middle and the abrupt end...
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547528)
Posted by ausbot on February 2nd, 2014 @ 9:24pm CST
Looks a little like the trailer for dark of the moon but fun.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547532)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 9:37pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547533)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 9:41pm CST
Gunface/Lockdown(?) and Grimlock look cool.

And it's much easier to root for Wahlberg as the lead actor than Shia.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547535)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 2nd, 2014 @ 9:53pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547536)
Posted by Tumbles on February 2nd, 2014 @ 9:53pm CST
The image that was leaked about grimlocks supposed robot mode that was around the internet that was in grey sweatshirt looks more as that will be strafes robot mode...just look at the shoulders and they match the two different beaks. I really hope the dinobots do indeed have good robot modes and not just the beast modes.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547540)
Posted by vectorsigma757 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:01pm CST
YRQRM0 wrote:Where are y'all seeing Prime in his DOTM body? Every shot looks like his AOE body to me..

I'm seeing it about 21-22 seconds into the trailer. A robot is being knocked over with explosions. He has DOTM OPs feet, and more telling, his forearm armor looks more like DOTM
I thought the bot walking under the ship of OP, but maybe not.

Also, just because gunface visibly had his face turn into a gun, doesn't mean the rest of his body was humanoid at the time. That could have been the finishing stage of a bigger transformation (Galvatron).
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547541)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:03pm CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:i could feel my brain cells committing suicide during that trailer, especially when prime pulled a dino riders on grimlock.

Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547542)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:03pm CST
vectorsigma757 wrote:

I thought the bot walking under the ship of OP, but maybe not.

The gun face is definitely Lockdown. Look at the 6 panels around his neck. They're the same as in the trailer.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547543)
Posted by Aladar on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:11pm CST
I love this :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547544)
Posted by dubsimus prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:16pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547545)
Posted by EagleTron on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:24pm CST
Just when you thought you knew what Bayverse next move was going to be:Ta-da, surprise, gun face body :grin: and we only just saw a couple of transformers, I cant wait to see that Samurai bot in action and I really hope that Grimlock has a robot mode in the movie.

If Grimlock is that huge in Dragon/T-Rex mode with big Optimus looking small riding on his back then In robot mode Grimlock should be at least 20 stories high making him Metroplex big. Not as big as Metroplex but I'm sure bayverse had something like that go through their brainstorming. :DANCE:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547546)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:37pm CST
dubsimus prime wrote:I see Bumblebee facing with a two-headed dragon.. is that a Predacon I see?!!! If so, yes, oh good GOD yes.... I've wanted to see Predacons and Dinobots go at it for a long time.. and it's going to be in llive action.... :D :D :D :D
It's the Dinobot Strafe.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547548)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:41pm CST
Was the guy who cut that red car in half a Dinobot? I thought it might transform into a triceratops, but I'm not entirely sure.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547550)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:50pm CST
It's not that I didn't enjoy the commercial, but I was expecting more out of it.

Oh well.

Gun-face man was awesome.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547553)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 10:59pm CST
Looks like ol' Gunface is Lockdown (same collar details):

And now we have a better look at the Poster Bot:

If the guy on the left is Lockdown, I'm wondering if maybe he's come to Earth to get the bounty on Optimus, the guy responsible for killing Megatron.

If so, I could see this also being him and his ship:

Awesome Crosshairs is awesome:

A closer look at this pic reveals Optimus in a body akin to his previous movie body:

Hiya, Strafe!

Have horned T-Rex, will go riding:

Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547554)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 2nd, 2014 @ 11:18pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547557)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 2nd, 2014 @ 11:32pm CST

Also, seems like Strafe's wings are made up of a lot of separate panels. And that Optimus in his old body (the one where he's tumbling) looks to be pretty rusty but includes both arms -- remember how he lost one thanks to Sentinel? Kinda strange he recovered his arm but went all jalopy.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547558)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 2nd, 2014 @ 11:35pm CST
Looks like Lockdown will be Optimus's worst nightmare! :lol:

I think I'm liking the Yeager family more than the live-action Witwicky family, simply because it seems as though Cade's more mature.

I'm also grateful that nobody is (for right now) a jumbled mess of mechanical parts. Hopefully not, I'm trying to be optimistic here.

Toy Fair can't get here fast enough! :grin: When is it, again? Next weekend?

All in all, the only thing I didn't like was that it was only thirty short, brief seconds. Could have at least thrown us more of a bone with a two/three-minute trailer like every other trailer!

Wait... am I actually saying something complimentary about the live-action films? :shock:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547559)
Posted by triplespy on February 2nd, 2014 @ 11:49pm CST
I think the two headed robot is Hun-Gurr the Terrorcon.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547563)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 12:26am CST
I love that Ehren Kruger is writing this one. He surprised me and kept me happy with Dark Of The Moon, and this looks to be a lot of fun. I heap praise on the man because so far, he's been deserving of it.

I think AoE's gonna be one hell of a romp.

Noideaforaname wrote:Yeah, it's a bit of a shame with Crosshairs and the "He's Watching You" Con to an extent (and seemingly Drift, based on his toys) having bright, distinct color decos that they fall back onto the mass of metallic grays with the Dinobots.

Ratchet, I assume, reattached his arm and got it working again. As for the rusty look, perhaps it was supposed to be that way for an undercover kinda thing? Or, perhaps, even the government finally turned their backs on the Autobots for good and just left them to rust?

Either way, I can't wait to see what happens.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547565)
Posted by dubsimus prime on February 3rd, 2014 @ 12:37am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
It's the Dinobot Strafe.

Oh, okay. Thanks for telling me. It's silly to have made that assumption that something so major would be in the film when there was no word of it whatsoever. Silly me. Still completely excited, though!
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547566)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 12:49am CST
My favorite shot in the whole thing is the one where Optimus is hanging upside down while Lockdown retracts his saw hand. As much as I like Optimus, I hope there's a torture/interrogation scene with him and Lockdown. Just to make things even more badass and satisfying when Optimus rides on his ass with Grimlock and rips his cannon face off.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547569)
Posted by YRQRM0 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 12:55am CST
Ah, I see Prime in his old body now. Time travel could be a part of the movie yet, or perhaps he just starts off like that and upgrades later.

So what else exactly came out today? What was Hasbro/MB teasing this last week? I guess it was just this teaser, I was hoping for an extended online look or something. :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547572)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 3rd, 2014 @ 1:10am CST
Yeah, I'm going to be watching the $#!+ out of this movie.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547584)
Posted by noctorro on February 3rd, 2014 @ 3:42am CST
Yeaaaaahhhhh!

So excited! Grimlock, flying dinosaurs, Optimus in his old and new body.
Cool main lead. Can't wait, it's going to be awesome!!!
I'm probably going to get the entire onscreen cast.
Hope the trailer will show up soon.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547585)
Posted by gigazarak on February 3rd, 2014 @ 3:52am CST
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547593)
Posted by njb902 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 4:38am CST
gigazarak wrote:I take it that this means that Grimlock will have no personality and just be a beast of burden or something? Thats a bit dissapointing isnt it? I mean I know Grimlock didn't have much intelligence, but that doesn't mean he cant be a valid character in his own right. Or am I just speculating?

How can you tell from a 30 second trailer?
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547595)
Posted by Burn on February 3rd, 2014 @ 5:35am CST
njb902 wrote:

How can you tell from a 30 second trailer?

Magic. >:oP
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547596)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 5:54am CST
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547598)
Posted by Raziel_Darkmatter on February 3rd, 2014 @ 5:59am CST
I can't shake the notion that the poster car-cutting guy is Galvatron.

Ever since I saw this pretty purple Megatron toy:

I know the line is probably not related to the film but the white guy seems to have megatrons head. [-(
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547604)
Posted by frogbat on February 3rd, 2014 @ 7:01am CST

think blonde girl in distress was awful... seems we're going backwards

op on grimlock was epic but cheesy at the same time.. is there a word to describe epic cheese (and no gruyere doesn't count)?

Hope they remember to include some plot round the holes this time.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547606)
Posted by njb902 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 7:12am CST
frogbat wrote:i'm a fan of the first tf movie as it had a charm to it. The other 2, not so much, not even sure i managed to finish watching 3. The trailer makes me feel like my childhood will once again get raped by bay and co. but at least it looks like there's lots of bot action.

think blonde girl in distress was awful... seems we're going backwards

Hope they remember to include some plot round the holes this time.

You could always just not watch them. Then you won't be disappointed.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547611)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 3rd, 2014 @ 7:47am CST
njb902 wrote:

think blonde girl in distress was awful... seems we're going backwards

Hope they remember to include some plot round the holes this time.

You could always just not watch them. Then you won't be disappointed.

Exactly.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547616)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 3rd, 2014 @ 8:11am CST
welcometothedarksyde wrote:Looks like it has a lot of potential. But I'm underwhelmed with how bland the dinobots look. They just look gunmetal with red eyes. I wish they had more character
It's possible that this trailer has unfinished CGI and that the Dinobots might have more color in the finished movie (remember how the first DOTM trailers had Sentinel Prime colored gold instead of red).

Noideaforaname wrote:And that Optimus in his old body (the one where he's tumbling) looks to be pretty rusty but includes both arms -- remember how he lost one thanks to Sentinel? Kinda strange he recovered his arm but went all jalopy.
Why is it strange that he would have his arm repaired? Would it not make sense for a TF who had had his arm removed to want to get that fixed?

triplespy wrote:I think the two headed robot is Hun-Gurr the Terrorcon.
It's the Dinobot Strafe.

Doubledealer93 wrote:where the hell are you guys seeing his DOTM body? its all the new body type. i have watched it over and over again. its all his new body.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547619)
Posted by Dritz90 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 8:50am CST
Did anyone notice the body at the feet of optimus when he gets shot? and hasnt there been talk of mark wahlberg holding a sword? then optimus is holding a sword riding grimlock :-?
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547635)
Posted by ZackRoyer on February 3rd, 2014 @ 10:29am CST
I bet the two headed dragon thing is swoop.
Looks like King Ghidora mecha baby.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547636)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 3rd, 2014 @ 11:09am CST
ZackRoyer wrote:I bet the two headed dragon thing is swoop.
Looks like King Ghidora mecha baby.
It's the Dinobot Strafe.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547637)
Posted by partholon on February 3rd, 2014 @ 11:22am CST
have to say i like the design of the big grim.

coulve been bleeding awfull, instead we get one of the few that actually looks like the character its meant to be .

least now we understand why sludge isnt in this cause if he was done in scale to grimlock he'd be the size of a small town.

TBH the one thing im worried about now is that we may not get to see him , and the other dinos , transform as theyre incredbily out of scale with the other bots.

so unless theyre gonna be fighting trypticon or something i think we could get jipped yet. i mean look how long devastator got in the limelight.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547640)
Posted by Red 50 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 11:59am CST
Anyone else notice that the green parashooting guy has a cape?
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Screen Capture Gallery (1547643)
Posted by njb902 on February 3rd, 2014 @ 12:03pm CST
Red 50 wrote:Anyone else notice that the green parashooting guy has a cape?

I think it's supposed to be a trench coat.

Click here to view an additional 96 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok