Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer!

Transformers News: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer!

Sunday, February 2nd, 2014 6:30PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Media
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 53,663

And here.. we.. are! The 48th Super Bowl has kicked off with one team doing something better than the other team, but the second team looks like it's-- Let's face it. Whether you're into sports or not, we all know the real reason why we're here, really - Transformers: Age of Extinction has finally showed us a trailer! We already saw a still earlier today, and our very own Seibertron is busy preparing a frame-by-frame gallery, which will go up later tonight. But for now, take a(nother) look at the Baytastic robofest embedded below!

Here's a breakdown of the Bayhem taking place in the scenes we can figure out:

- Giant spaceship exits smoke and fog, with robot character advancing menacingly on foot beneath it, possibly LOCKDOWN/GALVATRON?

- Tessa and Cade are clearly caught in the middle of a fight between 'Lockdown' and OPTIMUS PRIME, who proceeds to get shot through the chest by his opponent -- as 'Galvatron's' face turns into a gun.

- Different scene, different robot character - possibly STINGER - slices through a red car, as a fleet of spaceships heads towards Earth.

- Shane, Cade and Tessa flee from a series of massive explosions.

- Upside down OPTIMUS, held captive by another robot, who appears to be retracting an arm weapon.

- CROSSHAIRS para-shooting between some flying vehicles.

- Tessa cries out for her dad, Cade, as she appears trapped in a car. Cade runs towards her, and prepares to punch something in slow-motion.

- Optimus rolls sideways out of an explosion's way.

- BUMBLEBEE jumps upwards, also out of an explosion's way -- and is met by double-headed flying STRAFE!

- Optimus shown sword in hand, riding GRIMLOCK, who appears to be made out of limey, mossy rock, as they burst out of Chinese architecture.
Credit(s): Paramount
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547453)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:34pm CST
Epic trailer. So Optimus will be riding in on Grimlock. Looks like Optimus might die early on.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547454)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:35pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547456)
Posted by Gemini220 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:37pm CST
Looks like Optimus is getting jacked up in this!
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547458)
Posted by Treetop Maximus on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:37pm CST
GET HYPE
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547459)
Posted by Mkall on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:38pm CST
Dude's face turns into a gun. That's pretty slick.

That's two Dinobots we've seen, I can't wait to see more.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547461)
Posted by prowl123 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
And thus begins the hype train.

That huge ship thing in the beginning had better be Unicron.

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547462)
Posted by Henry921 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
I... :shock:

Primus, I don't completely hate it.

Maybe because Optimus riding a giant dinosaur is completely, unabashedly bitchin'.

Okay, Bay. I'll watch it. Ironically. [-(
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547463)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:42pm CST
WTF ? was that Lockdown who's head transformed in to a gun :shock: That was awesome ! .
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547464)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:43pm CST
Wow, I didn't think they'd show it that early. Looks like it'll be good, especially with Grimlock being so huge. Also, was that a 2-headed dragon, and if so, could it be Megatron/Galvatron?
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547465)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:43pm CST
Also, I think I see a shot with the old Optimus design in the trailer. At about 0:22.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547466)
Posted by SpaceSkull on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:45pm CST
Looks like some robot kick-assery will surely be all over this mess. Females are always getting abducted or in peril. Seen that s*it dozens of times. Optimus riding on the back of an enormous Dinobot pulling a Conan/Devil Dinosaur mash-up, why not. My favorite part is Optimus walking underneath that massive ship/Metroplex?? thing. We'll see.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547467)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:45pm CST
Looks alright. I did like the cleaner shots, it seems like you can actually see more of what is actually happening. Grimlock didn't really wow me, I gota say. He looks kinda boring with being just all spikey and big. I feel I need to see more actual yellow or gold on him. But yea, this still doesn't hold a candle to the Grimlock unveil in the NIS intro to FOC.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547468)
Posted by Just Negare on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:47pm CST
It's looking decent. Dinobots. Gunface. Humans not totally annoying. Its got me a little more positive for the movie!
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547469)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:48pm CST
Play-by-play of awesome observations:

* Giant ship at the beginning with some humanoid figure walking towards us.
* Tessa (Nicola Peltz) hiding for cover
* Cade (Mark Wahlberg) approaching something with a tense face
* Optimus getting up
* Someone's face transforming into a cannon and firing
* Optimus being shot
* PREPARE
* A bright silver TF destroying a red car
* A fleet of vertical disc-shaped alien ships in space
* Cade: "Everybody stick behind me!"
* The three humans running from explosions
* FOR EXTINCTION
* Optimus strung upside-down in a mechanical location at the mercy of a dark gray bot
* Crosshairs parachuting into battle
* And then firing two guns in opposite sideways directions
* Tessa: "DAAAD!"
* Cade and Shane (Jack Reynor) run through debris as Cade shouts: "TESSA!"
* Cade recoils from something
* Two bots scuffle in traffic
* Bumblebee jumps away from explosions in a city
* Bumblebee jumps at the twin-headed draconian Strafe
* Optimus rides the GIGANTIC and mildly-draconian Grimlock
* Grimlock busts up through a wall as Optimus rides him
* Transformers: Age of Extinction
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547470)
Posted by durroth on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:49pm CST
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547471)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:49pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:THAT WAS TOO HYPE FOR WORDS!!! I don't think Optimus dies, but it looks like he gets injured and captured by Lockdown. And I would be COMPLETELY fine if that giant ship in the background of that first shot was Unicron. Also, the CG looks MUCH more realistic than the last 3. This is so awesome.

Ya, I was thinking possibly Unicron too. Wondering if the bot with the gun head is Cyclonus. Also, possibly our first look at Galatron :-? ? Let the speculation begin!
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547473)
Posted by njb902 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:52pm CST
I knew Grimlock was going to be huge, but damned he's frigging huge! Which I'm fine with.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547474)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:53pm CST
durroth wrote:From the way that scene played out... I don't think that's a dinobot. I think that was a terrorcon :3... I'm so in if this is going to have abominus
That's the Dinobot Strafe.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547475)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 2nd, 2014 @ 6:53pm CST
5150 Cruiser wrote:

I think the gun head is lockdown. He even had spikes on his shoulder.
Re: Transformers: Age Of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer! (1547477)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on February 2nd, 2014 @ 7:00pm CST